be 30, just had a baby. He's 7 weeks old...

> be 30, just had a baby. He's 7 weeks old. Realized I can quit my job 2 years earlier if I sold my car and drive a shit box.

Have you guys considered driving something less expensive to save money? I'm guilt ridden cuz my car is a selfish purchase and I can use that money elsewhere.

>had a baby

Cuck.

>had a baby
>considered driving some less expensive
>save money

you could have saved money by removing your balls since you clearly dont use them

Yeah use that money to invest in a mutual fund. 10k is all you need to have fun in a car.

It's called economy cars for a reason, so you can save money. You're thirty dude grow the fuck up and look at the big picture

Ignore the virgin basement dwellers
Financially you have to be prepared, and think of the future.
If you see a benefit in driving a less expensive car, then go for it.
No reason to live outside your means.

>going against the very nature of humans
some day you'll grow up

It's my fucking baby. How am I being a cuck

I appreciate the honesty. My cars and toys are roughly 30% of my investments. But something in the back of my mind says I sell everything and drop it to 5%. What is financial stability? What is too much on a car and when do I know I need to dial it back?

>I got a promotion 2 years ago. Bought a 10k watch and a 100k car.

Such a God damn waste of money. Only my baby is important now.

what car? it better not be audi

>your baby

chill out dickwad, he'll be too old to care either way by the time you retire

>Merc amg GTS.

I'm an owner/manager at a large construction firm. Merc just seems like a proper boss man car you know.

looks like you'll have a stable future, i wouldn't worry too much if i were you. but yeah don't spend too much on toys

do you have a house paid off?

Sell that shitty i8 and get something more practical and more fun, a charger hellcat

Honestly, there's really no car that's 100k worth of fun. If it's a classic investment, I can see spending that much money, but otherwise it's just for status. ALWAYS buy used, new cars are a hopeless, ridiculous waste of money, and try to get it person to person. 15-20k can get you a car that's a blast, 30k will get you an amazing car, and 50k is king of the road money.

I did the same thing, sold a Porsche at a ridiculous profit, bought a house that I rent out per room and make $60k/year just from that.
I do miss that car but I think at least half of it is ego and "grass is greene syndrome.

I'm one of those guys that refuse to finance/lease and will never buy extended warranty or insurance. I am a cheap faggot. Thus im just guilt ridden with my selfish bitch purchases.

Three bedroom house is paid off in full.

you are experiencing that priority shift into parenthood. its normal. you probably won't get rid of all your toys, but you will have a better sense of whats really valuable and what isn't.

the dad beater is real.

Consider that you could build a fucking amazing car for the quarter of what that Merc costs, AND it'd be a car that the guys at your job sites would respect a lot more.

I did civil engineering in university. I ought to be able to build a car but what would I build? I wanted to do a 911 but geez, I'll be sinking more money into it than I am now with new cars.

I should get it over with and get a Toyota suv

Dad cars don't need to be beaters.

>most reliable Ford
>most reliable in class
>highest ranked in class for buyers saying they would purchase the same vehicle again
>4,500 lbs tow rating
>optional AWD and 365 hp

>cars and toys
>investments
If they depreciate they're bad investments.

caterham

>ford
>reliable

No one would respect a man that drove that thing

Tbh so long as you buy a car that's desirable enough used where it won't depreciate and you can liquidate it quickly you're doing nothing wrong

im a fuck you up m8

>Dad cars don't need to be beaters

they don't, but they have a tendency to be. i have a "nice" car, but my daily is a 92' camry that i paid 1200$ for. pretty much everyone i work with is the same. you pull into the parking lot of my office and its blatantly obvious. all the dads are driving geo metro's or 3k civics and the bachelors are showing up in BMW's and Merc's. i make pretty good money too, but to spend so much on something thats going to depreciate very quickly and not really enrich me AND my family's life seems a bit pointless. also, something something teaching my kid humility, not flaunting wealth, etc.

Just compromise and do what will make you happy. Yeah, maybe a $130-150k sports coupe is a bit much, but if it's the driving experience that you'll miss (and not the badge/"prestige" of owning a specific badge) then you can get something like a C7 Stingray or even a C6 Z06 and still save a boatload of money while keeping a fast-as-fuck car.

One thing that people don't realize is that you're not going to do your kid or your wife any favors by being a being bitter and resentful that you gave up your life. Kids don't need much, just the necessities, support and love. Nothing makes for a happier and well-balanced child like a happy and well balanced family life. The only thing that dumping money on them will get you is a fucking spoiled cunt of a child.

True. I told my wife I wanted sell my car to save money and she told me we don't need the money and it's important to her since my car makes me happy. God bless her.

That's true. I really don't need the merc badge. I'm just afraid of American cars cuz the several I had before were terribly unreliable. I had a jeep that the seat belts fucking broke. I was also driving through a Canadian winter with the heater broken. It was a shit box and i saved up to go German after that.

You're absolutely right. Kids don't need much past me just being there and showering them with love, not gifts.

A freaking ferrari would be sweet though.

If that extra cash is going to help you make even more money in the future, then I wouldn't stop you. You can buy something fun as a second car later on, assuming you have the space/money to spare.

>2 years

So a fraction of your life by the time you're ready to retire? Don't you think enjoying your life while you're young and able bodied is worth it? Plus your kid won't want to be seen in some shitbox by the time he's old enough to realize that you need to keep up with the Jones's.

absolutely do not buy an American car to save money, get a civic or a corolla

why would you want to indoctrinate your kid with that consumerist bullshit if you could avoid it?

why would you come onto Veeky Forums if you don't enjoy cars? people do dumb things.

>Have you guys considered driving something less expensive to save money?
Yes. I sold my first car because of the upkeep costs. Now I drive a newer car because it costs less to maintain.

You think his kid will avoid social media?

if his parents will it

Holy shit, this is monumental.

We have FINALLY reached the point where being the opposite of a cuck gets you called a cuck

Liking cars and being a victim of consumerism are not the same thing.

You can drive something respectable and enjoyable without being in competition with your peers.

If you're not in competition, then why are you highlighting its respectability?

>Realized I can quit my job 2 years earlier
don't do this, OP

>You're thirty
not a fucking argument
>dude grow the fuck up
how the fuck watching NFL and getting drunk every Saturday with friends is acting more like a "grown up"

yeah, it would be more "grown up" of him if he would leave his hobby and then getting fucked over by family court 6 years later. because his wife was (((abused))) by him a was ""forced"" to find another fuckbuddy she could leech off from.

We must secure the existence of our people and a future for white children