I need a new dd, gimme one reason why it shouldn't be a used brz

I need a new dd, gimme one reason why it shouldn't be a used brz.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/qIlztBeS_aY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

buy mine?

Where do you live? How much?

I got mine with low km on it. It's a bumpy ride but damn if you find some twisties, go full speed.

Cincy, 17k, 36k ish miles, limited 2013 with all options, JDL catted UEL with Tomei Type 60r exhaust.

You can hear it here.
youtu.be/qIlztBeS_aY

Damn, I would consider it if I didn't live so far away (vegas).

Damn, I just picked up an sti so I'm looking to get out from the brz. it was fun but kinda a pain to deal with as a daily. But where you are it won't be nearly as unbearable.

How was it a pain?

And maybe if you still have it I'll make a road trip out there this summer.

Not him. In my area a 2015 is going for 15k with under 20k miles.

Where at? I can't find any 2013s near me for under 17k with low mileage.

That is a damn good deal
Dealing with colder weather sucks, it's a harsh ride, and it's small. It's doable because it's a fun ride but it's just a pain to live with at times.

Civic rasp in a RWD Corolla

Meh, I've gotten nothing but compliments for the exhaust.

because you should keep your current car and fix it if necessary.

prob had currrent car for a while

It's a clapped out '99 outback with 400k miles that I've driven since highschool.

I plan to fix it up, but I need something to drive in the meantime.

Yeah, for one that's beat to shit maybe

>Not getting a 370z for roughly the same price and almost double horsepower

>Nissan

Nein.

BRZ is newer, smaller, better MPG, has a back seat (sort of). more practical for a DD

everyone that likes cars knows its slow and will fuck with you. everyone that thinks it fast and expensive will fuck with you. I know I make sure frs/brz owners here the whoosh of my turbo as I pass them lol.

How is it clapped out? Get some alloys from the same or next gen, redo all the suspension, swap in some less worn seats, do the head gaskets if they haven't been done, etc... Renting a car for a day of two at a time is cheaper than buying one.

Yeah, assuming I have the mechanical know-how to do this.

I want to fix it up, but it'll be a learning process. I don't want to be stressed for time.

This is a pretty good point

It's also considerably slower

>basing your car purchase on how others will think of you
>Fucking with someone because of their choice in a car

You're soooo cool bro

PNW
>under 20k miles
>beat to shit
Ok

Are they salvage titles? I see a few near me for that price, but they are all salvage.

Clean titles are like 17k minimum.

You don't have to do it yourself.

they're after a DD not a weekend car. speed isn't the most relevant feature of the car.

Because you can buy a used Camaro SS for a similar price and have a far better car
Because you can buy a used Mustang GT for a similar price and have a far better car
Because you can buy a used 370Z for a similar price and have a far better car
Because you can buy a used WRX for a similar price and have a far better car
Because you can buy a used Genesis Coupe 3.8 for a similar price and have a far better car

A small manual coupe isn't a practical DD.

Because the Miata is a lot better

And if you need more space than a Miata gives you, get a Mustang

20k on the clock, but 2 years old. It's easy to fuck with a car in 2 years user.

Enjoy your sloppy seconds

Look at those cars you really can't push to the limit outside a track day or without breaking a law.

It doesn't matter what the speed limit is, cops won't take kindly to someone attempting to go sideways.

Also lets face it, nobody obeys the speed limit.

I bet you drive a honda

Dude he knows, when his vtec kicks in he'd smoke your shit out!

Yes, because sideways is the only way to turn.

Speaking of which. I raced a kid from cars and coffee. He was in a k swapped 290hp to the hub teggy and bet me 300 dollars on a race. I drive a typical redneck chevy. Kinda it's actually a gmc with an lm5 motor pushing 600hp 1300tq. Obviously I roll a little bit of coal so . Did a 4x4 launch and left him spinning. He cried because he didn't have 300 bucks and I know all his little friends. I made him take off the wing just so I can run over it. Good weekend overall.

brz a shit

>have had one as a DD for 2 years and change

Pros:
>Fun
>Decent MPGs
>Looks good
>Fun at low speeds
>nobody asks you to help move
>Fun at high speeds
>People think it's nicer/more expensive than it actually is
>Scions are for faggots.

Cons:

>Sucks dick in snow
>not that fast.
>can't hold much
>road noise unless you blast your music like I do
>can't see shit because 95% of the other cars on the road are 3x larger than yours
>People don't see you because your car is tiny. Atleast once a day somebody almost merges into/pulls out in front of/generally cuts me off.

Wouldn't trade mine for anything. love that car.

Also forgot:

>Everybody who isn't you will close the door by the window/put weight on the top of the window when the door is open and it will make you contemplate murder daily.

Oh damn

This triggers me so much on my car

In America you can buy a c6 corvette, 996 turbo, a Carrera, higher trim caymans all for the price of what a toyobaru costs new

In australia and UK you have a plethora of God tier jap cars available for less than half the price

Only reason anyone would buy the toyobaru is if they are a woman, an Asian student, or an assistant retail manager making the minimum monthly payments on a car they intend to rice out with stickers and interior modifications

>gimme one reason why it shouldn't be a used brz.
because some kid probably ripped on it real hard, did some stupid shit and didn't even think of tuning without changing up the ECU

Whats the clutch and shifter feel like?
Ive driven a blob-eye STI and a 3rd gen MR2 and really enjoyed the shifter on those; they felt pretty similar.
STI clutch was stiff as fuck obviously, mr2 was light as a feather

>a brz can "push its limits" and not break 50mph
thanks for reminding us that it was slow

The clutch is pretty linear which is great because you won't ever get jumpy with it on where it bites and where it releases. Means for smooth shifting.

IMO a stiffer clutch means more precision, a lose one makes me feel like its been used

Are you say that the BRZ is so slow that "pushing it to the limit" isn't even remotely speeding?

And you can't push a toyobaru without breaking the law unless you only want to redline first gear

>everything on that list
>includes Geneshit
Invalidated

Lucky you. Only salvaged titles sell for that price in PHX. $17k is about the cheapest you'll find a brz/frs maybe if you get lucky you'll get one for $16.5k.

One of these can be had with low miles for the same price and double the cylinders.

>Muh hp

A similarly priced corvette is going to be 10 years old.

Also, only 2 seats...

>need to take the engine out to change spark plugs

fuck flat engines

>Also, only 2 seats...

Yeah because the rear seats in a GT86 are so usable

damn thats a breddy fast truck. I've seen 300 whp integras do mid 11's

Yeah from a bunch of Mexicans in civics full of stolen parts I bet

Why did you stop dding it?

How would you respond to the posters claiming that I can get better cars for the same price (and claims that it's really slow)?

>Is fine in snow with winters.
>Back seats are used to carry you laptop bag and your suit and w.e.
>If you need much space you fold the seats, i co own an engineering company and I've hauled some parts in it.

OK buddy. Ready for advise?
Go to Canada and get a '13 auto for 16k CAD. It'll be like 12k USD. Why auto? Cuz it's great tranny and less chance it was beat on. The only issue is that pTuning turbo won't fit. They have an amazing setup.

The only thing I dislike about my FRs is that it is a bit too stiff. Roads in toronto are shit. So I DD my gfs c30 t5 in winter. It's great on windy roads thou.

Buy the FRS, slap a supercharger on it. Enjoy the fuck out of that car. It's absolutely amazing. And I've had an m3 for a while. So it's a decent point of reference.

He still prolly DDs it. I think he meant it in a "I've had it for this long now"

I DDed mine for 3+ years now. Still DDing it.

It is slower than other cars, but the interior design, handling, visibility all make up for the lack of STRAIGH LINE speed. Cornering is absolutely amazing in that car. Mpgs are great.

I would recommend you test drive a few vehicles. It doesn't sound like u really have.

It will boil down to "are you a mustang, crowd killing kinda type, or an FRS kinda guy".

Also. If u have spare money for a supercharger, it becomes 2x as fun to drive. The car was designed to be modded.

Thanks this helps. I was planing on test driving hopefully this weekend but I am just really busy these next couple months with graduation nonsense (this was going to be sort of a reward for myself).

I mainly was looking for people's opinions of the cars over a long period of time. Test driving gives you a feel for the car, but you will probably not realize certain things till you have owned it for a year.

Another question,

Why supercharger over turbo?

There are peer to peer car rental services. Look into those. I seen a few ft86s for rent. It's pretty cheap too. Like 40-60$ a day. Can do 2 days to get a good feel for a car.

I'm gonna do a panamera when it gets warmer.

More torque (this car needs it bad) and considered safer. Also if u go with Edelbrock it looks super clean and is a relatively (need 2 guys) easy setup. The engine bay looks clean AF.
Also, there are articles that say you can run a pulley upgrade on stock internals.

Ft86 forums have a lot of info on FI stuff. I suggest heavy trolling of the forums.

(pTuning turbo for manual cars has amazing numbers thou. Of mine was manual I'd get the pTuning setup with water meth).

I've owned my 2014 FRS for about a year now.
It's my DD and I drive about an hour every day between work and classes.
If you can live with a small car, it's great. Fuel economy isn't bad, it's comfy, it looks great inside and out. Super easy to make slide-y fun time, but you won't be winning any interstate pulls without some engine/exhaust mods.
I'm planning on getting a header and ECU tune, I just haven't decided between Tomei/JDL/FT86 yet.
I was surprised by the interior quality. Nothing rattles or squeaks, the alcantara looks/feels great. everything looks finished. I'm probably going to swap out the silvery plastic interior lining, but the rest is great.

What other performance mods are good on this platform

You are who I dream to be

In addition to FI?

It needs an oil cooler.

Stickier tires with nice rims would be great.

If you don't want to go the FI route and have access to e85, go that route.

Personally, waiting on some extra cash so I get get supercharger and beefier tires.

The rest is pretty solid in this car in and out.

Oh. Get a header. Get.a.Fkn.header.

It gets rid of the torque dip

Almost forgot. Whew

It's a great car. Just buy it, goddamn.

>86
>tiny
it's almost as big as a gtr

Edlebrock supercharger also has a warranty

Thanks, I been playing to get a dd that's fun to mod and can be something I can constantly work on as a hobby

Really?

Because its a fucking used brz, and you're better than that.

not that guy but that is a hatch not a coupe

>blacked out hubcaps

literally the poorest rice you can get

shit's worse than painted drums lmfao

>hatchback
>BUT IT'S GOT THREE DOOOORS
lol

Have you driven both? The 370z is boring. Sure it's a shit ton faster but you feel like you're going way faster in the 86. The 370z feels like it was made for old men and women.

Yes, really.
A) Coupe
B) Manual
Who the fuck wants to sit in traffic in a fucking manual?
Who the fuck wants to cram shit in the back of a coupe?
I'd daily a 4 door auto golf hatch, not a manual 2 door coupe.

If it helps I plan on moving to a place where there is little to no traffic (commute is 30ish min on mountain roads)

>he only has a turbo because it came stock on his car

remove yourself my dude

If you can practically live life with a Miata, why not get one of those instead of a Toyoburu?

200hp, that's why

Not him but the main reason is a factory hardtop that's not a thief magnet for me.

>buying a post 2010 shitbox
>buying a used post 2010 shitbox
what the fuck is wrong with you

The folding hardtop on the NC is fantastic

>"yes you should unironically buy the heaviest, slowest, & objectively worst miata"

Unless it's AWD, plz fuck right off
why would I want a FWD vehicle?
My gf drives a FWD. I can just take her car.

It's the best overall car other than the ND, which I assume OP can't afford if he's looking at used BRZ's. It's much more comfortable and practical for a daily driver than an NA or NB