Why does Veeky Forums have such a hardon for Audi?

Why does Veeky Forums have such a hardon for Audi?
Even when nobody mentions them, someone will make a post bashing Audi.

Other urls found in this thread:

cnet.com/roadshow/news/whats-so-ultra-about-audis-new-quattro-all-wheel-drive/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Veeky Forums collectively hates VW
>Audi is literally VW but more expensive and less reliable
1+1=2

we hate VAG, especially the divisions that try to pass themselves off as being higher quality.

because Veeky Forums is poor and can't afford anything but a miata or $3k civic

The only VAG brands worth anything are Skoda (because they're literally the same thing as the others but cheaper) and Porsche.

>sell fwd cars at a premium price
>rebadged economy cars, when their primary rivals, mb and bmw, are made to be premium cars from the get go

>Shit quality like other VAG products
>FWD
>Haldex

>FWD-based """"""""""""""""AWD""""""""""""""""
>shit to drive
>SHIT to work on
>built just as shit as other VAG trash
>literally BMW/Benz/Lexus money for a pleb-tier VW with some extra leather and polished metal
>every single owner is a massive cunt

So I definitely shouldn't buy an A3, then?

Nope

If you're set on VAG trash, buy a Jetta/Golf or Skoda Octavia (depending on where you're from) since they're the exact same fucking thing.

Because nobody here has the mindset of a luxury car owner. They'll say shit like lol fwd, lol maintenance, etc, but if you can afford a luxury car, you don't give a shit about maintenance and you buy it for comfort, not track times.

They're right to shit on some of the S and RS models as they're meant to be high performance variants of the regular models, but for the most part, are beaten by the competition.

The vast majority of posters here own sub $15,000 cars and prefer to work on them on their own. Nothing wrong with that, just you can't really expect to get proper recommendations and advice on luxury cars because people on Veeky Forums don't own them. But they'll be quick to bring up uncles or friends who do when arguing whatever their point is.

tl;dr: don't expect to get real recommendations from people who have no experience with them

Think you're too good for a golf, faggot?

>a3
>luxury
Pick one

What's your definition of luxury?

Big engine, rwd, heated and cooled seats, heated steering wheel, big back seat, not a rebadged vw golf.

Because its literally overpriced VW garbage

They make BMW look like Toyota when it comes to reliability.

>RWD lowers the amount of interior space
>all current luxury cars use engines with similar displacement/cylinders in each class of vehicles
>golf is a rebadged A3, not the other way around

sounds like you want a modernized el dorado or something

>sounds like you want a modernized el dorado or something
>this faggot doesn't want a modernized El Dorado

everything that Veeky Forums hate actually is good

i don't because i'm not brain dead

>implying you aren't brain dead for not wanting a modernized 'darado

You're a retard and a fruit bowl

Doesn't matter which way they rebadge it. The A3 is a $20k car with lipstick on it.

no person in their right mind wants a boat with wheels from a manufacturer that caters to geriatric niggers and faggots who like shiny plastic interiors

And it sells. That's all that matters.

That doesn't make it not shit.

Yeah it sells for the same reason the Mercedes CLA sells.

Its cheap and lets badge whores jerk off to their "luxury" badge.

Absolutely do not buy

someone sounds a little jealous.

It does everything it's supposed to do. Just because it doesn't fulfill Veeky Forums's delusional requirements for what a luxury car is supposed to be, doesn't mean it doesn't work in the real world for the people who actually have the money to buy it.

Shit no

I could go out and buy a nicer car for less money but without the "luxury" badge.

Idk, I like mine and I've never had major issues with any of them that I've owned.

And that's coming from someone that's used to honda levels of reliability.

Pretty much. It exists solely for people who want that luxury status but are too cheap for what used to be considered entry level models. Pretty much every manufacturer does this, don't know why it causes such butthurt

Fuck I want an avant but all I see around me are sedans

i like em'

i like how bullshit tunable they are now

>buy a used S3
>spend less than 1k on apr parts
>pull on corvettes and other weak "supercars"

:)))))

good shit.

Or you could buy a golf r for 20k less.

i like the interior of the audi, eventhough minimalist, more than the one in the golf.

The interior is not worth not getting a manual.

the dct makes better use of the power than i ever will. I can't shift faster than it can, and for a car whose main purpose (personally) would be to stomp on the gas and pull away from people, the dsg or whatever is a much better option.

>Citation needed

"every single owner is a massive cunt"
This applies to BRZ/GT86 owners as well.

Even shitty consumer reports lists Audi in the top 5 for reliability

>rwd
>not luxury
Luxury is about effort and comfort.
Rwd with lots of torque=effortless cruising, like s65 merc
Even their 4cyl turbos are tuned for higher torque.
Neck yourself, my dude

>someone will make a post bashing Audi.
No kidding. Someone will always make a thread bashing every company, except for Toyota or Lexus for some reason. It's a really strange phenomenon.

Weebs.
Just Weebs.

Volkswagen/Audi are better-looking, have nicer, more ergonomic interiors, and better tuned suspension/ride than the Hondas that Veeky Forums lusts after.

Shills + Fanboys = Toyota quality myth

Posting this in reference to trims around the 328/335i, A4/A5 and so on.

Audi: Looks good on the inside, looks good on the outside, offers basically nothing over competitors. While they do come in manual, you'd be a moron to buy a manual S4/S5 over a 335i and a moron to buy an automatic S4/S5 over whatever the fuck Mercedes' equivalent is.
BMW: Comfy, "sporty" (335i, M235i/M240i, Ms in general and so on) with actual driver feel, manual, nice-looking and reasonable quality interiors. Blends performance and luxury pretty well. Gives you the most for your money of German brands and overall cheaper to own and maintain than competitors.
Mercedes: Highest quality interiors (although in my opinion they look awful), however Lexus pretty much does everything the brand does better. Good-looking interiors? Comfortable interiors? Better driver feel, FAR more reliable, parts are cheaper, way less of a ripoff and so on.
Porsche: Affordable luxury sports cars with good driver feel, manual and won't cost a fortune to own.

tldr;
Audi: Marginalized by competition
BMW: Sporty**luxury cars
Mercedes: Lexus does it better*
Porsche: Luxury sports cars
**referring to quick and good driver feels

These posts are what I write instead of assignments I need to turn in shortly.

Yea na, fuck new toyotas. All their lights are either poorly aimed or have shit projectors blasting light everywhere.
Its always a corolla or prius flooding windshields with their lowbeams

Not to mention the drivers. new civic drivers are just as shit

Drive a modern FWD, they don't deliver power like your 90s Civic.

>cvt
Yea it's much worse than my shitbox

>Lexus does everything Mercedes does better
Well, they certainly astroturf internet threads better you fucking shill.

Even if that were true I still wouldn't consider buying one since they look like they were designed by a six-year-old

>doesnt want to drive his inner 6 year old imagination mobile

Average poster here makes 20k, what do you expect

>gets passed by camrys

I own an 86' S-Class.

What's your point?
Nobody here is living in 1986

You just described every brz owner

>just you can't really expect to get proper recommendations and advice on luxury cars because people on Veeky Forums don't own them

I own one, that's my point.

If we were living in 1986 yeah but that is in no way comparable to even base model luxury cars of today.

>tfw make 21k

hit me right in the feels

>he doesn't like cars with 500 ci engines
The entirety of Europe should be rangeban

Who cares. If you want to go fast why are you buying a shitty turbo 4 when you could get a mustang gt or used vette? You should be buying it for fun and a manual is more fun.

>i am autistic and everyone needs to do what i say

watch out everyone, give the fedoralord some space, he might freak out

Ignoring how much of an idiot you are for thinking companies would bother shilling on here, why the fuck would I be praising BMW and Porsche who compete with Lexus?

Nice reading comprehension you moist faggot

Please, he is obviously mentally challenged, just leave him alone and maybe he'll go back to /pol/

>500ci
>190hp

"luxury"

Doesn't matter much, in 10 years it'll all be electric anyways and internal combustion cars will be illegal.

>Porsche
>Affordable

Maybe if you compare it to Ferrari it is, but buying and owning a Porsche isn't affordable by any stretch of the imagination.

I though Audi's Quattro was supposed to be a pretty good AWD system?

It's haldex on the a3, aka fwd until it slips.

I thought it was a proactive or whatever system, so that AWD kicks in right before it slips?

No, audis AWD system was AWD all the time, Look up ultra quattro and be even more disappointed.

>aka fwd until it slips.

I fucking hate audis but this is wrong.

Newer haldex will shift before the slip

ok, this is wrong, how does a car know its going to slip before the slip? I want you to explain it to me in detail how a car knows how to react to a slip before it's slipping.

I guess I'd have to drive it before I could make a judgment, but most reviews say it is proactive so it works before you need it. If it works like it says it does, I don't see a problem with it. Why burn extra fuel when you're cruising if you don't need to

I can't find Volkswagen owners manuals on their website.

Are they purposefully hidden or am I just not looking hard enough?

Computers read the road and predict when the car will need it. If you're traveling steady on a gravel road you probably won't but if you turn the wheel you probably will, so it kicks in the AWD

Because its not 100% FWD, some amount is always going to the rear in gen 5 Haldex

Then under hard acceleration it automatically diverts even more to the back

Lots of computers and sensors

Chiltons manual, good luck finding a normal manual that isn't overpriced
The correct answer, haldex does put 5 percent in the newer gens
I understand it in this way.
I'd be very hard pressed to see a computer pick up on cold morning days where there is frost on the road, like very little things that aren't easily "seeable" like if i'm on a watery road from a storm, would that just make the computer say, "all the time AWD right now".
Don't get me wrong I think that cars can have good tech in them, but I don't think were at the level of discernment in "road" technology, when Benz was showing off their automated car, it had a few problems making the correct turn to follow the gps cordinate.

cnet.com/roadshow/news/whats-so-ultra-about-audis-new-quattro-all-wheel-drive/

Audi is goat, drive one and you'll know

Jap shitboxes need not apply

its a vw and its less reliable than lexus

>It basically builds a constantly updating profile of driving conditions and driver behavior.
Thank you, I was under the impression it sensed it through external measures, not through memory.

So are Mercedes and BMW, what's your point?

>JD Power

Retard detected

Also less fun to drive, uglier, and worse interior. Lexus is for grandpas

you can't drive your audi if its broken nigger

meh my audi never left me stranded , nice memes tho

not an argument, stay btfo

A Lexus IS is more fun to drive and has better interior and an Audi A4.

I can understand the exterior is polarizing and not for everyone, though.

You are a retard for using JD tower for shilling but since you did, here are 2017 results.

>Audi is less reliable than Merc and BMW

Get fucked by your own source, VW cocksucker.

Who the Fuck keeps making all these posts and threads about Veeky Forums bashing audi?

If we ignore JD Power like you want, my second image still applies, so you're still wrong lmao.

Lmao no it's not. Lexus is doesn't even top car and driver. Motor trend also says the a4 is impeccable

All I did was call you a retard for using JD Power, you can shill all you want your Audi.

Is that your argument, some shitty website endorsement?

Here is a real word argument. The driver's knee rest in the Audi has cheap hard plastic while the Lexus has leather, also unlike the Audi the Lexus is RWD which allows you to have more fun. Not to mention it is better build and will last forever. You get more value per dollar with the IS.