/wfg/ - Warframe General

Previous >READ the pastebins BEFORE asking stupid questions
GENERAL FAQ: pastebin.com/wyz3Ye1g
Additional FAQ, SERIOUSLY, READ THIS ONE: pastebin.com/GHStmm22

>How to join Warbros No Fun Allowed, if it wasn't full: i.imgur.com/RMS2guW.png
>Avoid the line, join the /wfg/ alliance today! PM killsaw of Warbros NFA for inquiries

>Notable links
Essentials: deathsnacks.com/wf/index.html
Focus System: warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Focus
Buying and Selling items: warframe.market
News: forums.warframe.com/forum/170-news-events/
Raid Setups and individual Builds:
Warframe Raid Schoolbus: Hide your power lvl and follow the rules: discord.gg/aUTTyWH
THE LAW OF RETRIBUTION: pastebin.com/dMMdZRpY
THE JORDAS VERDICT: pastebin.com/NLPSMBed
Damage 2.n: i.imgur.com/AFVavTs.jpg
Droptables and Data: github.com/VoiDGlitch/WarframeData
DPS calculator and weapon build planner: github.com/GottFaust/WWDC/releases/tag/0.8.2 (not maintained)
Top guns, read note at the bottom: i.imgur.com/DZc7JO4.jpg
Tierqueer Filters: git.io/vMhaS
---
CURRENT UPDATE: The Glast Gambit
> forums.warframe.com/topic/738152-the-glast-gambit-update-195/
CURRENT PRIME ACCESS: Valkyr
> forums.warframe.com/topic/723544-the-war-within-1907-valkyr-prime/
Older stream footage: pastebin.com/LkZRPteU
liestream highlights: warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Livestreams
For specific liestream highlights, use warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Devstream_## (replace ##)
---

/wfg/ OP pastebin, if it's not like this one report it and make a proper one: pastebin.com/iAgtMahh

no, you're fucking retarded

the difference between 99% crit and 100+% crit is as massive and noticeable as 99% status to 100+% status

anyone that regularly plays bauban that has any tips for someone that wants to get into baubanning?

fun

Guys what do you think of my Prism mirage build for LoR? Will you want me in your squad? btw I have 2.4k hours

what the orbiter needs is a gloryhole closet

Ah ok I see. I figured that it was rather recent.
didnt know it was just damage and multishot tho

we call that the transferrence chair

All bounce pads, all day.

What is love ?
Also What is price ?

It's TQ what did you excpect.

No you dumb fucking retard. There is no mathematical breakpoint at 100% crit. The change from 99% to 100% is identical to the change from 98% to 99%.

The change from 99% status to 100% status isn't even significant, which just goes to show how little you know about the game. The 100% status is only a breakpoint on shotguns and nothing else.

I hope you have dispatch overdrive on a tboltace

please help I'm still on the selection screen

What's this about Banshee being "skipped again"?

Was there new info mined saying she wont be the next Prime?

Stop spamming this BS, TQ. He never said any of that.

Build range and duration and spam Bastille and Vortex.

just use wf builder

the fuck? left.

-88% multishot is unplayable on rifles.

I have neither

>minus multishot
>can't decide

user you better be trolling.

no one genuinely knows what the next prime is, it might be banshee, or it might be mirage, mesa, zephyr, something like that.

don't you fucking remind me about 99% vs 100% status

it's the opticor though, which only fires one beam

I want Saryn to pee acid on me!

shotgun status is divided per pellet anyway

So /wfg/ what's your weaponfu/Framefu combo?
Like, lex prime obviously looks great with loki, Sancti Magistar with oberon, Mios with Saryn, Synoid simulor/kohm with mirage, ect.

Mines Vulkar Marelok with Mesa. Other frames can use it, it just feels Right on Mesa.

reducing multishot under one gives you a chance to NOT FIRE AT ALL

are there any summoner warframes? like a warframe that can summon things to fight for them?

>Vulkar Marelok
I know what you mean, but this really makes your neurons go

Right, yeah. Vaykor.
These fucking infinite terms that sound familiar.

Thanks ScoutMcTartan, you really didn't have to.

Mesa Prime with AkVasto Prime

so drop your shitty slash mod and get it to 100

Do I unequip everything, even sentinel, to get warframe affinity more quickly? Or does it not matter?

Want to use forma on my frames a little quicker

I need both for memes though

you could build it for 100% status,
you just decided not to. use all the goddamn dual stat mods. after you got 100% status, put the FUCKING MULTISHOT IN.

(me)
I thought it could be saved by split chamber, but it could not

>aklex prime doesn't have the sweet slide/mag animations of the lex prime
it's like releasing a twin marelok that doesn't spin, what the fuck is DE doing

Atlas.

he did, I assume it's the one below the riven

>memes
adding 24% of your total base damage as slash really is a meme of the worst variety

it's not for adding to base damage

-Multishot gives a chance of using ammo (and charging up) but then not firing.

-88% takes up almost all of the +90% multishot chance from Split Chamber.

It would have to be a hell of a Riven to make Multishot loss worthwhile. I don't think it would ever be.

What did you guys get from todays sortie?
I just got back from my job and did the sortie and got a greater naramon lens, is this any good? its my third sortie

you can replace incidary coat. with your riven 3 dual stat mods are alright too.

saryn + secura lecta + lanka
stunning large swathes of enemies and killing them with gas/electric procs so i can safely use my lanka at close range feels so good.

But it is, user.

Sweeping Serration won't add to the damage done by your Slash procs, and the Boar will be biased towards Slash over Puncture with Slash less likely than Impact even with it.

There's been a lot of confusion regarding redcrits. It's time to sort this out. Repeat after me:

REDCRITS ARE A MEME.
---------------------
Damage increase from crit = (1 + crit chance)(crit multiplier -1)
For example, a weapon with 10% crit chance and 2x multiplier has (1+.1)(2-1)=1.1x damage multiplier

Redcrit calculations functino exactly the same. The easiest way to think about redcrits is to use actual numbers. For example, let's say you have a weapon with 120% crit chance and 2x multiplier. Redcrits on this weapon will deal 3x damage (redcrit multiplier, taken from wiki). We'll assume you attack 100 times dealing 1 damage per hit. This means that in 100 hits, 20 of them will redcrit for 3 damage, and 80 of them will regular crit for 2 damage. Total damage is:

(20)(3) + (80)(2) = 60 + 160 = 220 damage
Compared to the base 100 damage, this is an increase of 2.2x.

Which you will notice is the EXACT SAME as if you just used the regular crit formula shown previously:
= (1 + 1.2)(2-1) = 2.2X DAMAGE

In terms of overall DPS, redcrits function EXACTLY as regular crits. Redcrits are simply a way for crits to continue to scale past 100% crit chance. The scaling 100%+ is identical to the scaling from 0%-100%. The redcrit breakpoint is not a breakpoint at all. Redcrits don't make you magically deal more damage.

(I'm actually impressed DE managed to come up with such an elegant solution to make crits scale past 100%).

tl;dr - redcrits are a meme, being able to redcrit doesn't mean anything

I didn't say it was, I'm saying it's a complete waste even on weapons with high slash damage, let alone the boarp

what is your actual reason for wanting to use that slash damage mod? how much slash damage do you lose if you take it off? couldn't something better be put in that slot?

sheldon stop sperging out, literally no one cares.

Naramon is on of the good schools, it's an OK reward if you're still mid-game or so.

It's been a week since I got anything other than drop rarity boosters or Unairu lenses :(

im debating with mine. i could push redcrits, while still having the chance to fire 3 bullets (with both multishot mods i have a multishot of 218%).

i mostly just dont want to reroll it.

I used to have a Riven that gave like 76% status chance, +heat damage, and +Damage, with -36% magazine capacity. It was a good Riven, but I ended up selling it because I already have a Zarr +damage +multishot Riven.

If it wasn't for the fact that the status chance Zarr riven needed 16 MR as opposed to my Damage+multishot Riven only needing 14, I would have totally held on to it to test this nonsense out myself.

But redcrits do more damage.

retards like clearly show people don't understand math on this general

The ability to redcrit is meaningless. That riven is worthless because of -multishot.

go read about crit level on the wiki tierqueer

>it's a BPNPC is autistic and desires attention episode
gr8 these are my favorites

need 101% to red crit

The formulas I used, including the red crit formula and crit levels, were taken directly from the wiki, you dumb fucking retard.

see

>the wiki is often wrong!
>i took it from the wiki you fucking retard

no you didn't

thanks for the new filename to filter though

Wiki is often wrong, but for basic, specific shit like formulas you can trust it.

then tell me, where does the wiki contradict anything in most post?

for starters, the section entitled 'Red Crits'

>using wfbuilder logic
>ignoring the stacking effects of crit damage mods with redcrits
kill yourself, tier-fampai

>the wiki is only wrong when I say it is!
>all hail Professor TQ!

Redcrits function exactly the same in both the wiki and in . How the fuck do you think redcrits work?

A little help guys?

Chroma + Ack & Brunt, being the wild dragon warrior it was meant to be.

Zarr youreslef

Nekros.

seriously?
go on an excavation or exterminate its not even hard.

Also unrelated, why did no one tell me the twin kohmak are so fun

Mesa with Vasto and dex sybaris

Go to exterminate and kill. Lemme know if you need something else

>why did no one tell me the twin kohmak are so fun

Because nobody has the blueprints.

Why wouldn't they?
The hema though, now that's a bitch

kek

oh wait, '''''''''''''''''''kek''''''''

>Finding myself playing Banshee more than Ember P recently

Is this what it's like to cheat on your waifu?

I DEMAND ANSWERS!

Why didn't they just rebalance the existing weapon's base stats instead of introducing Riven mods? Why didn't they just make Riven mods in a special "augment" ninth spot and have it only give the non-damage stuff like reload speed and magazine?

Go become a dev then.

Hotdog

When do I get a gold potato?

Not looking to name my dog, friendo. Just saying that dogposting is the cure for TQ's autism.

Wait for the dev stream on some fridays.

Steve, get back to work and give me a raise you cocksucking cheapass faggot.

yes, I know

I wish I still needed to level dogs and cats so i could get wfg to name more of them

actually, higher crit multipliers will lead to a SMALLER damage increase compared to regular crits. So I was slightly wrong: redcrits do not function the same as regular crits. They're even worse.

We'll take the previous example. 100 hits, 1 damage each, 120% crit chance, but now we'll increase the crit multiplier up to 5x. (Redcrit multiplier of 9x).
20 hits will redcrit for 9 damage = 180 damage.
80 hits will regular crit for 5 damage = 400 damage.
Total damage = 580, which is a 5.8x damage increase from the base of 100 damage.

Calculated from the crit formula (which infinitely scales), the damage increase would be (1 + 1.2) (5 - 1) = 8.8x damage.

Notice that the redcrit damage numbers are LOWER than the regular crit numbers. This means that crit chance 100%+ scales WORSE than crit damage from 0%-100%. For higher crit multipliers, the difference only grows.

So redcrits are even worse than I thought.

>there are people who will disagree with these MATHEMATICALLY OBJECTIVE results

>TQ literally doesn't understand how redcrits work

>/wfg/ is a backyard filled with happy little anons
>all the little anons run around talking and playing make believe
>whenever a new user comes over to play all the other anons make him go play with the OP toys in the corner for a while, then accept him into the group after a little bit of bullying
>one day little tq comes to the backyard
>the other kids dont think he is special, and for a while he is normal
>then he sees the OP toys
>little tq thinks for a moment, then starts eating grass, rocks, and small bugs
>little tq shits his pants, then takes them off and props them up with sticks
>little tq proclaims to the rest of the yard that he is now the creator of new toys and his toy is the best toy
>as he gibbers on, other little anons start telling him that he is wrong
>little tq ignores what the other kids say to him and uses his own toys as proof that his toys are best
>after seeing how little he cares for reason, the anons go about their buisness
>every once in a while little tq will throw his shit covered """"toys"""" up into the air and proclaim his superiority
>other anons start to throw rocks at little tq with mean words written on them
>little tq despises these little rocks, however can never tell where they come from
>little tq begins to argue at the little rocks
>more rocks are thrown
>more gibbering

It's literally how redcrits work, you dumb retard. I don't know how much clearer I can make it. How the fuck do you think redcrits work?

im surprised TQ has the mental capacity to breathe let alone shitpost

Quick someone do a dogpost, it might shoo TQ away!

What exactly about his posting history would lead you to expect otherwise?

Or someone should do a plat giveaway.

>Yellow Crit does damage
>Red Crit does More damage than Yellow Crit
>this is bad for some reason

Tfw too intelligent to understand how crits really work

>there are people who argue with LITERAL MATH

I don't know how fucking retarded you have to be to think math is wrong. If someone told you 1 + 1 = 2 you'd shitpost him. It's mindboggling how willfully ignorant you are. It's not just retardation. It's a flat-out refusal to learn.

>Damage increase from crit = (1 + crit chance)(crit multiplier -1)
>Calculated from the crit formula (which infinitely scales), the damage increase would be (1 + 1.2) (5 - 1) = 8.8x damage.
>multiplying crit chance times crit damage
who taught you how to do this
they were wrong to teach you to do this
if you taught you to do this then you are wrong

SOMEHOW LESS IS MORE BELIEVE ME I DID THE MATH.

>Notice that the redcrit damage numbers are LOWER than the regular crit numbers
Then your fucking math is wrong.

>do wrong math
>why are people arguing with me!!!!!!

It's just our resident retard spewing misleading information.