What is even the point of cars with engines with less than 10 cylinders? Are they even fun to drive?

What is even the point of cars with engines with less than 10 cylinders? Are they even fun to drive?

Other urls found in this thread:

autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201701231566169
twitter.com/AnonBabble

no

You should try owning a car first.

Wasn't the E60 M5 a shit show for reliability? Fatt Farah said they drunk a "horrifying amount of oil" and "if that's the best BMW can do we should all be worried"

Who cares desu

A RWD, manual V10 wagon is godlike

Cheapest on Autotrader in Britain is 13 grand and the guy says it had a recent engine rebuild that cost 15 grand.

autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201701231566169

Seems cheap to run to me :^)

Can't argue there. id kill for a performance wagon and probably still put up with whatever expensive parts needed to own the more exotic ones if i had the extra cash.

this just shows that fat arab doesnt know what he is talking about, that engine was designed to drink a little oil.

that being said it probably isnt as reliable as your civic

What's the point of 10 cylinders when 8 can do the job better?

>you can only have fun with at least 10 cylinders
>you cant have fun on 4
says who?

>toyota crashR2
>fun
Maybe if you like spinning out sure.

>toyota makes a deadly car
>lol crashmobile, can't japan do anything right, FR is king

>porche does it
>WOW, HERITAGE, SOUL, AND PASSION, THIS CAR HAS PERSONALITY

>shitters can't drive
>blame it on the car company

>Yes, my water cooled four stroke engine was designed to burn oil like an air cooled two stroke. There is definitely a benefit to burning oil. The engineers wanted it this way. The primary cooling and lubrication fluid of the engine is actually a great fuel.

MR2 fanboys are so dumb lmao, even worse than rotards.

not our fault retards dont know how to drive midengined cars
thats what happens when you take a traditional sports car platform and put it into the hands of normies

>scared of a gokart that requires the owner to tame it
lmaing my ass off at your life

8 can never sound as good

Owned one and can confirm this. Every 1000 miles required a quart of oil to be added to the engine. When it broke down it was always a minimum $1.5 k to repair. Ate through rear tires and brakes way faster than it should have. Low RPM driving was sluggish and boring.
But all of that didn't matter when that tach hit 3500 and the V10 rumble turned into a roar. The car was way more athletic than a car that heavy has any right to be.

This.
Everyu fag on this thread that isn't baiting and actually think mr2s are dangerous because of design, and not irresponsible inexperienced normies
>please kys

>porche
It is called Porsche.
It is either RR or FR or AWD.
Snap oversteer isn´t as much a thing as on the MR2.

paul walker disagrees

kek

>rear tires and brakes wear out fast
That is something every rwd car with decent acceleration has.
Just look at the tires of RWD Teslas.

You can kill yourself with every car if you do something wrong.

Again, anybody who buys a mid engined car, be it Doyoda or Borscha or Lodus, and expect to drive it like a normal FR.
They deserve what's fuckin clming to them. Snap oversteer is a meme made by careless hoonfags.

>porsche
>mid engined
The 911 are RR, not MR.

Snap oversteer is a problem inherent to the platform.
It may not be publicized because lotus owners are typically competent drivers, but it can happen on any mid engined rwd car.
It just so happens the MR2 is the cheapest and has the lowest barrier to entry, so plenty of clueless normies whip the thing around a corner expecting a gradual breakaway like on a FF or FR car, and they lose it.
Having driven one, it really does feel like a gokart up until you lose traction, but when it does, its hard to get it under control unless you know what you're doing.
So tl;dr, snap oversneer is a synonym for "im a shit driver"

>thread

Right sorry user, they still snap though.
If you don't know what your doing you can easily have snap oversteer in an rr too.

>you're*

>If you don't know what your doing
...you shouldn´t drive a car anyway, especially close to its limits.

Kek

no, it's pretty pigfat and the SMG is very, very fucking slow.

It's not very torquey either. Easily gets beaten by camaros and other lesser cars unless you do a higher mph roll

but damn that fucking engine note makes it worth it.

Deffinately a candidate for my next car, no matter how expensive and how many quarts of oil and shitty plastic throttle bodies i'll have to replace.

why stop at 10?

id say anything less than w16 is pointless

I still really, really want one