Sporty

>sporty
manual

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/XwuqcAxtsso
twitter.com/AnonBabble

question your poorly formatted post

what makes 700 horsepower less than a dct?

Automagics are the future! To by a newer car with a manual tranny would be a singnal of being gay, and for dudes who have masculinity issues.

Some cars are better with manual, some better with automatic. This is assuming you use the car for its original intent.

since you're retarded I'll rephrase it
>less than 700hp = manual
>more than 700hp = dct

Why 700hp? Basically all high end sports cars are DCT/semi-auto and most of them are under 700hp.

use whatever has the most gears

>gm 9 speed auto are good

that's because manufacturers are under the impression that customers think it takes too long to disengage, shift, and engage

700hp is a point where it becomes very difficult to use a manual (obviously if the car isn't a complete pigfat)

even chris harris agrees; skip to 5:11
youtu.be/XwuqcAxtsso

6.0ltr v8 to a 6spd manual in a ute is sex

>torque converter auto for comfiness
>not fluid coupling

>700hp is a point where it becomes very difficult to use a manual

Oh, so you mean it takes skill? As in, you can't just hammer gears and cruise happily along, as the car will actually fuck you up if you're being a retard?

DCTs have real advantages that would be useful even to sub-100 HP econoboxes in a racing situation. 700 HP just happens to be where most good drivers, not average drivers, not "good" street drivers, but people who are legitimately quicker than most other people on a track, start having problems handling the number of inputs required to perform well at speed, simply because they're all happening so damn fast.

If you want to be fast, DCT all the way. If you want to be good, there's no excuse for not rowing gears.

>fun
manuel light weight car

Also, wouldn't a cvt be more comfy since there are no shifts?

CVT confirmed a best.

>Manuel

I've got a car with an LS7 and you are not wrong. I love rowing gears but one you get to certain power levels it just becomes more efficient mentally to have paddles.
As I've said before, pay me to win races? Gimme the paddles. Buying a car to have fun? I'll row my own.

>good auto
ok
>bad auto
would rather have stick
>stick
if it doesn't float shift i'm not interested

>automatic
That's right goy, don't even think about properly driving your vehicle. Just put it in D and go :)

Don't mind the extra costs goy Im making your life easier, now eat that burger and text on your iPhone while driving.

Ignoring the no fun aspect of cvt, is there anything wrong with them for a soulless comfortable commuter?

Ever accelerate hard in a car and been forced back into the seat by the g-loading? When you shift, you temporarily stop accelerating continuously, releasing the G load. Shiftless CVT = no release. If you're that into getting friendly with your upholstery, cool, but it's not for everyone.

>not driving a hybrid

They're not as reliable

You had best be trolling

>his engine isn't an Atkinson cycle

>my work vehicle is a brayton cycle and seats 150+

Agreed

Depends. They're in their infancy for high horsepower applications, so the mainstream CVTs are only just now becoming worn and we're seeing reliability issues with a few models.

However on the whole, they're simpler and no less reliable than a traditional auto. If left to their own devices and not forced to "fake shift" like they have been, they're actually simpler and cheaper than a manual even in maintenance. You should expect to replace the wear items roughly when you'd replace a clutch.

But, nobody's yet figured out how to make a cheap, reliable, high power transmitting CVT so it'll be a while before they become the new norm. But it will happen.

>2014, 7 speed auto to meet fuel economy restrictions
>2017, 11 speed auto
>2020, 15 speed auto
>2021, infinity speed auto CVT