it wouldn't work

the game truly shines in 1v1 combat and 16v16 would just be shitty zergfests

m&b warband and butterlord would satisfy that big battle feel

Because it is p2p connections, not dedicated servers

>Dodge attack the warlord til he stops headbutting
>Doesn't matter he has impenetrable defence and can rape me without it
>Dodge attack the warden til he stops shoulder charging
>Actually stand a chance of winning

I'm sad that these threads are going to die out for a few days until the open beta comes out.

t. orochi player

I am still here trying to satiate my growing addiction

>literally everything
>can't charge flail
>can't full block

Lag is fun.

>M&B neverlord

I seriously thought they would release in DEC of last year, when the fuck is coming out?

and now I'm addicted to FH and going through withdrawals, after the beta I pre-ordered the maximum goyim edition and I just want to DEUS VULT it up

I played Nobushi for 20 hours during closed beta

I've never used that purple glowing attack.

ME too

Conq and Warlord are literally impossible to beat fuck shield

Actually conq, but the only classes who can't do anything about it are warden and warlord, so...

what the fuck is peacekeeper's problem with conquerors?

>impossible to beat
>guard breaks don't exist
>ledges don't exist

I just don't think you're trying hard enough user.

I think you're just awful at this game

this
I swear I get stabbed a lot more as Conqueror than anything else, even when the PKs are my teammates

I fucking HATE laggy peacekeepers. Nothing in the game is as bullshit as a peacekeeper with red connection.

>not stabbing your teammate PKs with your giant prick

>when the fuck is coming out?
>Implying
games you've been waiting for for 10 years don't come out and when they do they are shit
wait 5 more years for the duke nukem treatment

Why is it that faggots think every single class is OP? What actually happens in their noggin that makes them think that is rational?

PK's are just tsundere for Conquerors.

stop
don't say that, it'll be great! i'll be the best butterlord soon™!!

It's different people. Good players agree that the same classes are OP. New players think unblockables and raider are OP

>Violent abusive tsundere
Into the trash.

>implying warlord isn't overpowered in his current state
remove the ability to tech gb while in full block and give the headbutt a big stamina cost on it while nerfing stamina damage
t. warlord main

What game can i play in the mean time in order to prep myself FOR HONOR

Mount & Blade: Warband

M&B warband

that's legit the only game I can think of to offer combat SORT OF like FH's.

>Hating tsunderes
Absolutely good taste, my man

>join deathmatch server
>lance cav
>go around crouch lancing everyone
I'm I ready for For Honor now :^)

>Playing multiplayer

Play the actual game, faggot

>play the actual game
I got bored after the first 6 gorillian hours, no thanks

oy vey

youtube.com/watch?v=o1FvPQfaPsw

>die to 1 random arrow/bolt in every big battle or siege

yeah good idea, fun

Took a look at MBW and I've seen the series before, nothing about the combat looks akin to FH, is their some aspect that I am missing or am I off base entirely?

But really, what's the point of it?

>Cosplaying as Peacecutie

I played a lot of Raider during the beta, had a good time laming out bad orochis with spacing and light attacks.

Is it just me or is the tracking on stampede rush total shit?

>nothing about the combat looks akin to FH
so, matching your opponents strike stance to block doesn't remind you of FH? not in the slightest?

the multiple attack stances(four of them) don't remind you of For Honor combat?

are you kidding me?

because if you actually used it,
you would know that it does more damage than whatever you ever could chain a parry into.

I'll give you the guard stances, but the fundamentals are more akin to a 3d fighting game

not him but I really hope you're not talking about warlord and his dinky light attack parry

>she spoiles what Man at Arms is working on
wow rude.

At least I know they won't be making BF1 weapons with Danny Trejo. fucking EA memes

there's no quick dodges or any kind of burst movement, shields work much differently, no parries or special attacks, etc

I love mount and blade but it's much more reaction-based and the decision making in it is pretty straightforward

Warden

The fundamentals of which game? FH? Well, yeah, it literally is a 3D fighting game.

go play sf:v then you fucking piece of shit

why so rude?

Nah, that's too big. 12 on 12 with big objectives like sabotaging fortresses.

And it being a 3d fighting game makes it hugely different from M&B

>Ring of Fire Duel Mode
>Two players fight inside a ring of fire remnant of a battle that happened at night
>No pits, but the ring of fire slowly gets smaller as the timer goes down
Yay or nay?

I was talking about Warlord in that post. Should have clarified.

Not impossible, but the shield staggers you way too hard. If you hit the shield they get a free hit, it's bullshit.

I am sorry, going through withdrawals.
then go play a fighting game, why ae you asking for recommendations if that's what you want?

I like that.

was meant to:

I feel like most people think Raider is a gimmick but he has a decent toolset. Stunning is kind of weak but it's pretty easy to proc and well spaced heavies to punish whiffed lights and guardbreaks feels great.

I'm kind of worried that once people figure the game out he'll be put to pasture though. Thoughts?

I guess theoretically the warlord counter is preddy great since it's a perfect guard, so it stops chains, and being a light attack you wouldn't be as susceptible to feints or parries or stuff like guardbreaks on heavy startup.

But granted, one'd have to get the timing down to a t for it to be better than parries and all the other stuff.

Look at that dinky-ass fucking axe

I really like playing Raider, but I feel extremely stupid when playing him.

I feel like I can ONLY dash into stun or guardbreak to close the distance, and either is blocked by being ready. I can dash and do nothing but shit's REALLY risky.

Though I was still winning most of my matches.

How do I play raider?

Original question-asker here, you're arguing with other people, not me. Take a nap and have some tea, you're irritable.

>the game truly shines in 1v1 combat
1vs1 combat sucks pretty bad due to how much defensive play favours offense.

2on2 is cool though cause you can use the other dude to fuck up any turtles

He just doesn't have enough tools, which makes him kind of predictable, that's all

I feel the same way, defense in this game is insanely good, I think that once we get to Meta Stage Omega-IV that playing passive and waiting for parries will be the standard.

>but he has a decent toolset.
lol no he doesnt
>top stun
and
>unblockable
once law bringer gets buffed to reddit's liking radier will be the worst character in the game hands down

Fuck off, I've got my coffee now. can't nap because I've gotta work, but thanks user hope you have a good day.

His dash blind is really good though. If the opponent sees you dashing they will always go for a head block so it's very easy to get a side hit in and punish them for guessing wrong.

>If the opponent sees you dashing they will always go for a head block so it's very easy to get a side hit in and punish them for guessing wrong.
not really because any light attack initiated mid dash will turn into the top dash attack
so if you just dash into me without throwing an attack why would I block top or better yet not throw a light of mine
It's like I'm listening to bottom tier players theory crafting

I like to stay at max range against faster characters and wait for them to fuck up before throwing in a couple lights, then start my guardbreak-stun game, sometimes charge stun into guardbreak with some light mixups and an unblockable if they're out of stamina. I'm not an expert but I had pretty reasonable success against bads.

You might be right or you guys might have just played against really spammy raiders. I found that his tricks are pretty subtle and not relying on stuns and guardbreaks but using them sparingly. Also feinting into stunning tap is great for fucking up assassins that like to sidestep light attack a lot.

Why????

wow those are some neat tricks!
next you're going to tell me raider can parry too!!!

My usual combo was dash stun/guard. If stun, a heavy(usually top), guard break charge into wall, heavy again and zone attack. It takes all of your stamina but usually ends up taking either about half or more hp out of everyone.

I like to hit them very hard with my axe, works every time

also why the fuck can this 90 lb peacekeeper block a big boy long axe, garbage game

The only reason I like some tsunderes is because that's the only way I can relate.

I can not imagine a girl actually liking me without the drawbacks

Why the fuck can anybody block and parry a flail?

I get that raider probably sucks ass but I think he's better than people give him credit for. I got a lot done just by spacing lights and not doing any other shit.

Mostly I just like his playstyle and aesthetic, big sweat man meat

I like the drama

please help I haven't been able to play for 2 days now

I have to test if feinting a heavy to bait a parry allows you an untechable guard break, even if they feint their parry.

If so, any class with unblockables automatically moves up a tier.

>He's missing out on the beta
kek too bad

How the FUCK is the Raider going to interact with the Shugoki?

Closed beta ended you tard. Wait till 9th.

I know the pain

>Shugoki can't be lifted by lawbringer
>Raider's carry distance halved.

Who knows.

then how are you guys playing???

Do "uninterruptable" lights also not stagger on block? Or are they only uninterruptable in the sense of shrugging off enemy attacks?

all of the shugoki attacks have super armor right? I guess very carefully

Are you just pretending to be retarded?

>it's this retard again
there's nothing uninterruptible about them
they're just chains

No I'm not now can you stop being a useless dickhead and help for once???

you can hit the ball and go for a home run, it's military science