freesound.org/browse
incompetech.com/music
freemusicarchive.org

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0zo3F7-G9ss
boreal.aggydaggy.com/programming/2016/05/25/mean-clean-state-machine.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Oh shit comfy jam started already

How do I start making basic AI in Unity? I want to make an attack helicopter that moves towards you, stops, then shoots. No pathfinding needed.

does it even count if it has one participant in it

Who here is doing the comfy jam?

Repostan. What do you think?

If you can't do what you just described, do you need to learn programming first?

You're going to have a hard time with pixel-perfect shit in unity. It can be done, but it's a test of will.

A coroutine is perfect. First you have a loop where you constantly check if you're close enough - if not, move towards the player and yield. Then you yield to wait for some time (assuming that's what you mean by "stop"). Then you shoot, again maybe with a loop where you fire and yield until the next shot can be fired.

reposting:
so I started coding my rpg game in Unity because I'm familiar with C#, and now I've realized that I want to make it 2D instead of 3D

my first inclination was to just use RPG Maker but I really don't want to use Ruby

so is Unity that bad for pixel-art-based 2D or is it just a meme? is it worth it to switch engines and recode it all? if so, what engine?

but is it possible to keep it pixel perfect? I mean if I spend all my time fighting with Unity to get it to work with pixelshit, will that waste as much time as re-writing my code and re-learning how to use another engine and language like GameMaker and C++?
also isn't GameMaker kind of limited compared to Unity?

Cool

It has one submission, and 41 theoretical participants

If you're familiar with C# you might like Monogame for a 2D game.

I assume that was meant for me
can you recommend a good engine for pixelshit? are there any that use C# or am I stuck with GameMaker?

Wow, thanks. Didn't expect a helpful answer on aggy daggy but I am going to start on this.

QUICK
I need a mystery set mostly in a village next to the main town

People will also refer you to a "state machine" but a coroutine is literally a state machine that is nicer to write.

the dad created the town for his daughter because they have some sort of trauma or some gay thing like that

Its a bag of balls.

top-tier ideaguying

The village Anri was a quiet and somewhat popular tourist destination of the budding urban development next to it when suddenly people from the city who visit the village wake up with their teeth, eyes, fingers and toes turning into brittle rock yet the village people themselves appear unaffected

spining bolt should be chargeable. the most ammo it charges the bigger the bolt.

until you can do a giga drill breaker

There's a man walking around the village using the same roads all day all night for years. Nobody knows why.
It's actually a real story from my town

>overwatch is not anime
youtube.com/watch?v=0zo3F7-G9ss

>spoiler

ahahha v-very f-f-funny user..

are you serious

Don't know if you used it yet but here goes:
Some kind of cult with shrine maidens or whatever trying to summon a god, something in the vein of silent hill or fatal frame, the wet girls edition

That's exactly what I have in mind. All the alt-fires requires a charge-up and consume more ammo.

The spinning bolt is a DoT basically, it sticks to enemy robots and continues spinning, drilling into them. If they die/break before it looses its spin it jumps to a new nearby target.

that looks good thanks

do you feel like GameMaker is too limited or amateur for a good 2D RPG?
I don't want to use the weird blueprint-type things that it has. just code.

are there any resources for learning art in a context of video games? im completely hopeless with art and its holding me back in every project

a small village has been built atop a giant fungi network. unknown to everybody, every hundred years, this network emits pollen which have hallucinogenic effects on humans.

that's the solution. the mystery is that there's a village where people have suddenly started to commit horrific self mutilation claiming that ghosts have told them to do so.

dead bodies have disappearing from the main town from cemeteries and morgues then appearing in the small village days

Well, partly. I'm not sure about nights, but every day, no matter how cold it is he does this for hours. He's definitely not mentally well. His mother takes care of him as far as I'm aware. Back in the day when I was in school, the urban legend was that he went insane from learning too much.

goddamn it, please tell me im doing my UI logic wrong. i have a few flags that define basic behaviors (can be moved, is visible, is selected, is enabled, etc.) and i keep ending up with spaghetti code such as
void UI::Button::OnMouseRelease(UI::Element *element) {
selected = false;
if(enabled)
state = default;

if(element == this)
Action();
}

what is the right way to do this shit? the more flags the more complex something as simple as this gets

>spoiler

You try to kill him, the mentally ill only suffer

If you're comfortable with writing code then you will be very limited by GM. GML and the IDE in general have very little as far as abstraction goes, just scripts and game objects (which are not OOP objects). You will have to trade off code duplication with tons of boilerplate and inefficient code.

that's not bad

could even have a fungi aesthetic to it ala Silent Hill 4.

>I'm not sure about nights, but every day, no matter how cold it is he does this for hours. He's definitely not mentally well
dude where are you from because i do know a poor guy that walk every day the same road in my hometown and yes has mental problems

Coroutine (state machine) and IMGUI.

He's pretty zombie-like with that blank look in his eyes, where it doesn't seem like he's even looking at anything. I'm not sure if he can even be killed.
Lithuania

>Lithuania
just give him some potatoes that will end it

... Walk picture 1 February 2017 ...

>Lithuania
well thats just unsettling because i am from another country and the guy has the same behaviour you described,maybe walking for hours its a peculiar of a specific mental illness?

well shit, i feel stupid now, didnt even consider using as FSM for this, i guess that is a much cleaner way of doing things

maybe they keep the world spinning

I knew a guy like that around my neighborhood.

Except he was black so he always got stopped by the police, but he was otherwise always there.

Yeah but don't use a FSM with an actual machine that switches or whatever.
boreal.aggydaggy.com/programming/2016/05/25/mean-clean-state-machine.html

interesting.

I may end up sticking with Unity to finish the game just because I'm lazy. I guess after the game is done I decide if I want to get rid of the placeholder 3D graphics and rewrite in 2D, however hard that may be..

is it just an issue of scaling or the camera or what with pixelshit in Unity?

>another day spent making assets instead of coding
TOMORROW
I SWEAR TOMORROW

PLS FORGIVE ME SHIA

well no, it's supposed to be a mystery. there are few indicators of what's really going on. it's village which looks completely normal at first glance, except for the fact that people have recently began to cut their fingers off.

Well if you don't want mixels or rixels you have to render to a texture first and then scale up that texture instead of simply zooming in the camera or something. And when drawing to that texture you still need to round off positions so that you don't get seams.

Know any tips or helpful guidelines to creating a decent story? I feel like my stuff would be all over the place. All I know about writing is the word 'climax' so I'll make sure my story has that.

nobody cares about mixels and rixels, don't fall for this meme

Intense discussion about eye size and stuff you guys had in the last thread, meanwhile I made her eyes smaller and made tiny proportion adjustments and everything seems a lot better now.
That frozen webm was creepy, I had no idea how close I was to that.

Fucking puns, everywhere

im not seeing the difference here?
by FSM i just mean a regular old DFA, which is what it seems you linked to; i just glossed over it quickly.
doing anything more fancy for this seems overkill.

I said IF he doesn't want them you butthurt faggot.

I care about mixels and pixels, faggot
they look fucking ugly. they just scream "2016 le indie retro numale PIXEL art game"

nobody cares about mixels or rixels, don't fall for this meme

waifu material.
i wish i was a good artist

DESCRIBE YOUR GAMEDEV EXPERIENCE WITH ONE IMAGE

Well, "DFA" isn't an implementation. There are good ways and bad ways to implement a state machine. What I linked is a good way to code one, regardless of the complexity.

In reality, each state will have different data associated with it. This is much harder to deal with properly if you're using an enum and a switch (unless your language has proper algebraic data types, and since you're using C++, it doesn't) - you have to use a tagged union which doesn't play well with RAII. And if you do want to extend it to what would traditionally require a stack of states, there's virtually nothing extra you have to do with that code (the states themselves embed the stack, which works really well).

sounds like a pain in the ass!
maybe I should just learn how to 3D model,

I don't if it was the angle, but the eyes looked too close on the last one.

It's non-existent.

If "nobody" cares then what's the big deal if another dev doesn't want them? You think you're the big man for saving them a bit of work even though they think it's worth it? Or is it because mixel/rixel talk inevitably ends up mentioning that Unity doesn't provide any means to prevent them out of the box even though it's a pretty basic thing?

Can't wait to fap to your game.

refer to
thank you

ah in that sense, yea i completely agree. desu the article is also really close to how i usually do my own state machines.

Not an answer.

t. nodev with no better way to spend his time than b8ing and shitposting

Feels good

Thanks.

Shouldn't be problem anymore.

please tell me you arent just a beginner?

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE WHY WOULDYOU EVEN BUILD SOMETHING LIKE THAT
IT'S TRIGGERING MY AUTISM

Ghost of a legendary street racer haunts the back roads connecting the city to the small village. A few locals reported seeing a white car move at impossible speeds in and out of turns, never able to catch up to it.

eyebrows need to be ticker. the new zelda spoiled me

How is the rest of the body going?

>love2d
>lua
when will these memes end aggydaggy?

1/3

2/3

Basically

Does anyone a good C compiler for windows? I am trying to code in notepad but I can't find anywhere to get a compiler running

Not gamedev. Install Gentoo.

and now you are thinking. Oh you fucked up, posting the images in wrong order

and that is my fucking gamedev experience

Visual Studio will provide you a C compiler.

so meta, I love it
10/10

Started experimenting with bringing hand-painted clouds into UE4 and attempting to replicate Makoto Shinkai's artstyle. The default sky sphere is quite limiting and will be thrown out but I can already see it happening with 10-20 layers of clouds and am quite happy with current results. My drawing skills are shit but it will get better.