What is stopping me from building a bigger one of these in America using a box truck chassis and bobbing the frame?

What is stopping me from building a bigger one of these in America using a box truck chassis and bobbing the frame?

Other urls found in this thread:

seattle.craigslist.org/search/cta?query=kei
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You don't have them already? Flatbed vans are pretty popular in europe.

Your own laziness. Make it 4x4 too.

Nope, there are some, but off road use only, like landscaping shit.

Pretty much. I'm just worried I would need a CDL or two t would be a million dollars to register, or I need special trucker insurance.

Ive seen farmers in korea have these lifted with aum big ol mud tires and it looks alot cooler. Also, they stall going up sharp hills if ur a dumbass on stick. Still fun asf to drive.

>need a CDL
So buy a truck small enough that you don't need one.

Orrr you just go to trucker school and become a real trucker instead of a fake trucker wannabe.

>I'm just worried I would need a CDL
not if its for personal use and registered for under 26k gvw

>would be a million dollars to register
see above

I don't want to be a fucking truck cuck, but sometimes want to pull a goose with a few off road rigs on it.

>but off road use only, like landscaping shit.
The lawnmowers they transport are off road only, not the vans themselves.

But why? Doesn't it rain there all the time?

common sense?

So you want an Isuzu NPR basically. They go for cheap, like 10k on CL

just come to seattle, buy one, and drop a bigger bed on it.

seattle.craigslist.org/search/cta?query=kei

nothing. but 4wd Isuzu NPR/Mitsubishi Canters are nigh impossible to find in the US. you will have better results just importing an Elf 150/250 or a Guts

not OP, but i've been in the market for something similar for a while. the 1.5 ton and 2.5 ton models don't really exist in the US, let alone 4wd models.

OP said nothing of 4wd

They have Isuzu NPRs and Mitsubishi Canter's in the states already. They are more popular in the more congested cities

>They stall going up sharp hills if you are a dumbass on a stick

If you are a dumbass with a manual you will stall it anywhere. It's not that THEY stall, YOU stall them.

Sounds like OP wants A Mitsubishi Fusion. Get a used one without a box or just take the box off. No CDL needed.

I was looking at NPRs but I'm in California, so I have a strong preference to 97 or older diesels.

I can't even find a fucking broken one for under 5 grand.
I don't need 4wd, or I can convert it later. I'm very torn between single cab and double. Do they make a cab and a half one?
I would love an elf, but I'm pretty sure they are not able to import yet.

>would love an elf, but I'm pretty sure they are not able to import yet.

they are actually. you can import the 92's.

Some occupations like construction work rely on it. Also a cheap rolling tarp frame is a minor expense if you do want to cover your cargo area.

OPs pic is far smaller than any canter or elf. It's basically the flatbed version of a Suzuki carry. Surely you get those in the states?

There are some, yes, but only used in landscaping on large campuses/golf courses. Not road legal yet until they pass 25 years.

You see these all the time in Afghanistan.

They are street legal in my state, but not highway legal obviously. I really want one for offroading

Just so you know that pic is a "mini truck" but I get the idea your talking about the full size version. The minis are not road legal in most states.

Fairly often, but you don't generally see them transporting anything that isn't waterproof. Otherwise, just stick a plastic sheet over the top and call it good.