Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MEzc_Knk6UY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

bikes are gay

>drz400

that's a funny way to spell cars

please buy my grom

I'll give you about tree fiddy

Bikes are cars? That doesn't even make sense user.

>lowside in corner going around 30mph
>rear brake lever and footpeg destroyed
>front brake bent but use able
>front brake caliper ripped off
>brake fluid everywhere
>Right handlebar bent
>dignity destroyed
What's the chance I get this thing home with no brakes? It's about 8 miles away.

just engine brake desu senpai

Maybe if you walk it. I wouldnt ride over 10 mph with no brakes.

You can do it in a carpark at low speed actually, just find a nice empty bit of tarmac, set up a cone or a corner and practice it, it'll be very low speed and there's heaps of runoff so there's nothing to worry about if you drop it, but you won't, because that requires trail braking way deeper and harder than you will even be able to think of as a noob to the technique and trailbraking increases your grip, not decreases it.

The other neat thing about practicing it slowly in a car park is that is exaggerates a few thing, the throttle cracking for example will feel much more extreme when you're going slow in 1st gear so you have to really think about being smooth on it (or even smoothing it out with a bit of rear brake) and the extra precision it requires of you to be smooth is gonna help you avoid crashing when you try it faster on track and what not.

kys

You had the presence of mind after a crash to post this on a Taiwanese Crafting Board?

For baby's first bike
R3 > Ninja

>>lowside in corner going around 30mph
>all that damage
Jesus Christ how horrifying

Not like I have any real people to tell. I was pretty bored there.
I couldn't get it started so I'm pushing it in neutral.
That wouldn't be enough I think.

this the real enlightenment

TU250x > all

TU a best.

Dirt > pavement

motorcycle on road > car on track tbqhwufam unless it's a really fast car

lmaooo

Thats what I get for buying yamaha.
Theres a nice hill, im going to sit on it the way down and hope my feet can stop it when I reach the bottom.
>ive mostly been sitting on it anyway.

I thought you were supposed to ease off the front break not just drop it

what's so funny

Were you practicing trail braking?

agreed

he had likely been easing off it slowly the whole time

that user is kinda dumb though for thinking they only throttle on at the apex in every corner

why do engines produce different power at different rpms

your brakes don't have a little bit of deadzone before they bite? they just start working from the first mm?

because they produce different torque at different RPMs, because their intake runners, heads, cams, ignition timing, and exhaust are tuned to be the most efficient at certain RPMs

Step aside plebeians

uh, yeah? you think a motoGP bike is gonna have a sloppy lever like that?

>adventure bikes
literally the crossovers of motorcycles

I don't, you underestimate me mr. ramsey.

There are corners you are off the brakes and on the throttle long before the apex, some you will be on them after and some you won't brake for at all.

I'm just trying to enlighten the unwashed masses of totw drones who think you need to be on the throttle before you even turn in for every corner.

yes, that's why every motoGP bike has a remote adjuster for when the brakes turn shit.

and I guarantee your brakes have more of a deadzone than you think.

That's sport touring

sport touring is just a comfy sportbike, it would be like a GT car

*most* adventure bikes are big ass poser vehicles for people who want to look like they live a rugged lifestyle but actually only ride on paved roads, i mean 90% of them have street tires, what's all that ground clearance for?

>motoGP bike
>lever flopping back half an inch after it's let off completely
nah m8

>I'm just trying to enlighten the unwashed masses of totw drones who think you need to be on the throttle before you even turn in for every corner.
almost nobody actually thinks this, lol wtf? and for the vast majority of people who aren't trail braking and aren't going anywhere near fast enough for it, rolling on at turn in is the best way to take a corner - the whole point is just that you shouldn't be coasting

the dbt thread on wsg is showing up as a 404 for me. Anybody else? I just wanna see epic hooning and i cant. baka

that's what the brake adjuster is for, braking from 350 km/hr to 90 like for san donato at mugello is gonna cook anyone's brakes, even motoGP guys.

nah trust me they do.

>that's what the brake adjuster is for,
yeah wow exactly my point

>brakes get shit
>it's a fucking motoGP bike, spin the knob

not user's shitbike where the lever just flops around because the seals in the m/c are 20 years old and the spring doesn't hold the lever anymore and it's bent from being dropped

youtube.com/watch?v=MEzc_Knk6UY

sure looks like a deadzone to me.

Or is the other option, that they're dumping from like 80% braking because their brakes work from the first mm more likely?

Next time actually look at your brake lever when you activate it.

>tfw too intelligent to not ride a gen 2 Honda Magna V65

Indian GOAT cruiser user :^)

Buying CB500F next week lads

>b-but you should have gotten a CBR650 or SV650

Why would I pay $3k+ an extra 15-20mph, fuck that noise.

fat fucking jigsers will never be competitive senpai

>fat

weighs the same as the R1 (199kg wet) and significantly less than the S1000RR and ZX-10R.

>Why would i pay more for a better bike all around?
See you in 2 weeks, when you'll have enough buyer's remorse to make the Honda general blush

Let alone the fact that you bought such a shit bike brand new, you even financed it, dumb cuck

Looking for a cheap 600 supersport
Every fucking ad
Some variation of
>dropped by previous owner
>gentley laid down on a bed of feathers by my ex
>3 scratches on one side with unique, innocuous sounding excuses
>fairing removed, "planned to turn it into a street fighter

Everyone needs to concoct these bullshit stories, can't admit they crashed it

I don't get it, the previous owner fucking it up doesn't make it any less fucked up, why bother blaming it on them?

The SV650 and CBR650 aren't really better in any way. They just have 150 more cc.

>not better
>just better

Yes I will Finance $1500 over 1 year to build up credit, what a waste of money!

>Aren't really better in any way
-Respectable engines (i4 and v2 versus scootershit)
-considerable aftermarket support both for racing and touring
-not made by starving malaysian orphans
-gobs of torks
-Can be tuned
-bulletproof
-faster
-harder
-stronger
-O
our work is never over

You could at least have gotten the x which has a rally conversion

>goes full autist over mention of p-twin bikes
alright then user

Is it possible to get custom gearbox ratios fitted? I'd like to increase the rear sprocket but make 6th taller for the freeway

yeah but it's more than you can afford, pal.

Oooooh
You posted a 250
How shall i ever recover

That's a disgrace to the name cbr250rr

>poorfag and literal retard thinks he is qualified to pass judgment when he can't even afford to buy running bikes

cute

it's the best ~quarter liter bike on the market right now

my fucking battery died :(

the fresh battery won't arrive until saturday and it's been so beautiful and sunny lately this waiting is getting in my way!

The better question is, why would you pay $5k for a 500cc? You realize you can get a lightly used older 600cc sportbike for that much?

>lightly used older 600cc sportbike
Yeah, let me just buy some piece of shit that some squid has done a zillion wheelies on and probably performed some questionable modifications somewhere in there as well, not to mention the unknown mainenance history

It's the fastest and most aggressive quarter liter bike made in 20 years. By a wide margin at that.

>getting better at riding wheelies
>dreamed about ripping dank nooners last two nights
feels good man

That is indeed true, but you're still fucking up for financing a 500cc bike. That bike has literally no redeeming qualities other than it's relatively cheap, and it's new. Take the fucking hit and buy a decent motorcycle like everyone is telling you. It's a dumb fucking idea, I rode a 650 for a few months before saying fuck it, selling it, and buying a 600 and I never looked back

too bad, still just a distant dream...

Is it the twin 250rr they brought back from the 90's? I really want one to rev the shit out of.

>Quarter liter
Off thyself

It's a poo in loo bike, not even the best one at that since the Duke shits all over it

Fuck, 90' s hondas shit all over it

>buying a boring commuter bike new
By all means get a CB500, but why the fuck would you buy a cookie cutter A to B shitbox brand new?

>TWIN 250rr
Man you really should consider bleach injections

I'm not even that guy. A CB500f is a perfectly fine bike. Everyone acting like an SV650 is going to be SOOOO much better just because it's got a little bit bigger of an engine and the cylinders are pointed in a V is a retard.

It's not an I4 anymore, it's shit.

Just mad it revs as high as a liter peter.

The duke is not better than the CBR lol. Ask any of the kids who race the KTM's in motoamerica, they are NOT good bikes.

i still don't know how to wheelie :/

What the fuck is going on? normally when a new rider comes in asking about a 300, everyone says "get a 500/650" but now everyones going full autism over him wanting a 500

i don't get it, seems like a fun bike to fuck around on

Maybe because it's a 4 banner, you swine
Considering it breaches 20k and the only litres than can think about that kind of are Italians and racebikes it really should be obvious
Says the guy unironically financing a 500r

not to mention probably faster than most of /dbt/s shitbikes

One cuck said something stupid. The rest of us are telling him not to buy something new which is the standard response.

>less HP and Torque than the 26 year old MC22
>also heavier
Fucking trash, probably won't even outperform an R3 or RC390.

yOUR FUCKING WITH ME THEY CHANGED THAT WTF.
Still sounds liek your mad.

That's like saying chlamydia is the best of the STDs, it might be the best, but none of them are good.

Besides, it's less powerful by like 15 horsepower than the previous gen models and is made by a bunch of poo in loos

Still less power than a 5 year old BMW.

Only truth

My third gear is fadter than what that shit tops out

i am "unironically" not that guy. sorry for bursting your bubble when you try to talk about bikes you have zero experience with.

The duke/rc390 are cheaply made bikes and it shows if you've rode or worked on one

Please rate my oil between 1 and HOLY SHIT ENGINE IS ABOUT TO EXPLODE in terms of time for an oil change. Unknown mileage since last oil change.

>just change it
I know but monies. If it's okay for now I'd rather wait till I can afford it.

not him but I've ridden a CBR500R and it was probably one of my least favourite bikes I've ridden.

It feels heavy, it has ludicrously low amounts of cornering clearance with the stock footpegs (rearsets a must), it's not all that quick and the engine feels anemic up top.

Honestly the SV650 is that much nicer in basically every way I couldn't even begin to list them.

But what would I know? I've only ridden both.

oh yes let me just perform a detailed oil analysis by looking at a fucking picture of oil blots on a paper towel

It shits on the R25 hard, if they make an international market version it will be faster than the RC390 without being a piece of crap.

It's down one horsepower on the final version of the MC22 and a little more on the older models.

>That's like saying chlamydia is the best of the STDs, it might be the best, but none of them are good.
YOU CAN'T EVEN AFFORD A BIKE THAT RUNS PLEASE KILL YOURSELF

Weight?
Synthetic?
Looks good enough
Check for metal bits

You mean the r3?
Which has exactly the same specs, except 70cc more?
The MC 22 is a more capable bike. Full stop
It's lighter, can be tuned and has 2 more cylinders, end of discussion

Must be a chart showing the measurement of rampant faggotry For the repsective riders...

>You mean the r3?
no he means the R25 you fucking retard, the international version of the R3 that is 250cc's, and gets completely blown the fuck out by a CBR250RR

>It's lighter, can be tuned and has 2 more cylinders
it's also 30+ years old and good luck finding parts for it

That's a gen one.

Looks brand new. My oil is always darker than that when I change it.

>You mean the r3?
No I mean the R25 you fucking retard.

>Implying
My bike runs now nyukka, git gud. I'm rebuilding the clutch master cylinder tonight as well, finally got the circlip out.

Just looked that up, didn't know that. Somehow makes more torque than the new one though, and is glorious Nippon steel folded 1000 times verse an economy bike made by pajeet

Not the other guys but that Poo in the Loo 250RR is just for the markets where taxes based on displacement are critical for price; the same places that sell the R25 and FI Ninja 250.

There may be plans to bring the 250RR to Freedumb Land but Honda will likely bore out the engine like Yamaha did with the R25.