youtu.be/szNTIRb09b0

Last thread:

>How do I join the montage?
See pic related

first for my black snap oversteer machine

That's a cute couple

>White smoke edition
The Doki doki panic sets in again.

I'm not sure if I'd rather see no smoke (not running) or white smoke desu I miss my car so much

How much work would I need to put into a Blacktop 4A to reach 170-200hp without any forced induction?

Want to join the collage but I want to enter a car that's fun, not some sub 150hp econobox that weighs a 850kgs.

A lot of work.

Well how a respectable amount of HP for 855kg till I can turbo/supercharge it? Maybe 160ish?

Still not possible?

I have a question for the Toyota nerds. Would it be possible to swap the 2009+ Corolla to IRS using the rear suspension from the Scion iM/11+ Scion tC/Toyota Corolla iM?

Are colder spark plugs a meme? I've read tjat putting in a heat range colder spark plugs is a good idea if you're increasing power, but both me, and my friends Mazda just got a low idle misfire after a month or two.

Wait what car do you have exactly there's a lot of black top 4a's

Yea but that would need custom fab and and welding. A lot of work

Never heard of them. Best spark plugs are iridium

They're on the same platform so that's why I asked. For all we know, the rear suspension subframe for the IRS bolts right up.

No one has done it yet I don't think it's that simple

Thoughts on a 2nd gen GS300 for a DD

They're cool, get a GS400, 1uz's are heavenly and I'm pretty sure they weigh less than a 2j.

Comfy. If you want to go fast get the v8

A similar swap is possible on the GM J-body Cavalier. The IRS from a Pontiac Grand Am, Oldsmobile Alero and Chevy Malibu bolts right up, but the links to each side need to be shortened by an inch.

Similarly, the 2012+ VW Beetles have a similar ability. base models get the twist beam while upper models get the IRS from the GTI, and all with the same floorpan.

So it's been done on other cars and it would not surprise me if it was possible on the Toyota.

I know the 1uz is faster but I'm kinda stuck on that inline 6 reliability of the 2jz, any other reasons to go for the gs400 instead besides the v8

The 4.0L V8 is actually more reliable than the 2JZ. The 2JZ is only popular because it's a meme motor.

I thought I was falling for the meme :c
Also what's up with both these cars having 150k+ miles and being sold around 3-4K

Is a 5th or 6th gen Celica worth getting?

Ehehehe but that aside I love the looks and as others have said the 1uz is a better option.

depends on what you want. Do you plan to modify? If so, look elsewhere.

I'd mostly just want it for a daily. Used to really like the one a family member had when I was a kid, and now that I'm in a position where I could get one I'm considering it.

I am unironically buying a 2012 Prius C fully loaded. Just wanted to let you know senpaitachi

There is a 2013 FRS TRD for sale near me, $13,995, 67k miles.

Should I get the FRS, or try to hold out and find a gt86 on sale at the end of the year?

Also, if this is a car I don't intend to get rid of, would it be better to buy it used, or to buy one brand new, and have it only have been my car? Is it worth spending an extra 10k over?

You can just buy the European badges if you want to have a meme car that bad. There's no scion outside of NA.

Should I buy a 95' Toyota Tercel with 290k miles on it?

Friend of a friend is selling it for $500 since he is moving soon. Pic sorta related

I have a 5th gen. It's slow and clunky and has an ugly interior, but it's pretty comfy and damn reliable.

For a dd, yea. Friend has a 5th gen with over 300k miles

They're good dds if you like them numb feeling and extra slow

You can get one used but don't get the one you mentioned, too many miles

That's a cheap deal but I don't know how much life it has left with it being that high

I'm not very worried about the badges. I more so meant if it's a car I want to keep, and not trade in later, would it be more worthwhile to buy one new?

How many miles would be considered too many? Are the engines not very reliable past 100k?

all toyotas are welcome here friendo

Do you have a car?
Do you need a car?
Was it maintained well?
Does it need any major work?

500 is pretty good assuming it runs. As long as it doesn't need any major repairs you'll definitely get your moneys worth assuming you take care of it.

My preference is 5-10k miles per year when buying used. I don't really know how reliable the engines are in the frs twins since I haven't heard one gone up to 100k miles yet. I recommend owning another car just in case anything happens with it. It could be a beater back up car too, doesn't have to be fancy, like an old corolla.

No
Kind of (I get by with bus and rides from roommate)
Not sure yet
Probably not

Whoever owned is probably the first owner. If they did regular maintenance, it might as well be new. Ask if they have service papers, etc etc. Look around the area for similar mileage cars and the price.

>tfw drove my aw11 for the first time today

I am on cloud 9

>mfw still haven't drove my soup since January

RIP dude. I'll blow another headgasket just for you.

Why is this general so dead?

More honda owners and busriders than yoda owners unfortunately, but we manage

Ease of entry into cool Toyotas isn't as easy I think. Any car enthusiast looking for a cheap fun econobox is gonna likely go for a civic, then they're gonna mod it. You want a cool Toyota? If it's fwd, Honda is probably better. Rwd? Your choices are mostly 80s heaps that have been neglected or rusted out or things that cost money like Supras, Aristos, Lexus SC's mr2's etc.

there's too much traffic in my city for me to go fast anyway

Yeah that's a big part of it. Older corollas dont have the same cool factor as older civics and the civics usually have more standard on their older base models as well. Give it 5 years and we'll see a toyota renaissance like honda has now, with tc's and frs's getting cheaper along with is's and with a new supra out. Maybe 5-10 years for significant enough price drops for people on Veeky Forums to buy them and rice them like they do with hondas.

>only 1 GT86 in the general
never noticed how few people actually have the car

I'm planning to get one (or the eventual BRZ Sti) when my current car dies.

First time installing springs. Dropped about 1.5"
Glad to be rid of that wheel gap while not being actually low kek

Toyota spent a lot of time either not being cool, or being secretly cool In the case of Lexus. Not that many people know about the SC, LS, GS, is, etc.

Shit is still shit

you sound upset
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Finally (inadvertently) got my mk2 supra sideways

>be attawork
>brother calls, "mom had a heart attack!"
>queue 90 minute drive to next town, up and down a mountain in a thunderstorm
>wet enough for me to drift down the mountain into town
>turns out mum was A-OK, needs rest
>had fun racing with a purpose

Luckily I keep two hours of euro beat on my phone. Gonna have to upgrade soon though, that drive took way too long

+4 FRSs
+1 86

I like it

Meant for

Looks good. We have a pretty big wheel gap so I want to lower too, but with all the bumps and potholes in Florida I'd get fucked up daily.

Why do you hate when people like things that you don't? No one cares about your opinion

shoulda gotten coilovers
also gen2 > gen1

>only 8,600 86's will be made
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

If they're fresh springs, they'll likely settle and get lower.

Guys this is my new DD, what do you think?

270000km
$3500

>270k km
>$3500
>Automatic
I'm cautious of autos in general because most car owners don't give a shit about changing oil or taking care of their car beyond filling up the petrol. At 270k I'd also worry about the transmission.

Nice, are you gonna keep it stock or do you have any plans? It could use some updated wheels.

its been serviced regularly and always serviced at lexus dealers, if it has problems with the transmission I would probably just drop a manual tranny in anyway

maybe a couple of small performance mods and a manual gear box, also definitely looking for new wheels. Any suggestions?

Sorry, but I can't really help you there. just browse your local classifieds until something catches your eyes.

thinking of doing either a 5 spoke or wire wheels

a spectrum silver SP-1 if I had the money, fucking beautiful

they will be lucky to even sell that many

i have a brz but that wouldn't belong in the collage

My personal choice would be something sort of like these, but I have particular tastes. Perfect would be something like an old AMG monobloc wheel.

Annnnd no picture,

not bad,

except im a huge faggot and I love the bippu style so I'm thinking something Jap that will satiate my weaboo tendencies without going as far as slamming it with gay ass camber

My Toyota fagging goes hand in hand with my old Mercedes fagging and I always saw the LS400 as a Japanese w124.

Thats fucking hilarious because I just traded in a w124 E class for the LS

Small world user

Huh, What a coincidence. Enjoy your japanese luxo cruiser. As far as I can tell it's a more modern w124 in about every way.

Yeah it certainly is

Different price points and superior nip engineering

I like it

They are just hitting puberty at 150k miles.

Lots of life left as long as they are rust free and the timing belt has been done around 100k miles. Only thing to check is the alternator area.m he intake manifold mounts over it. So if there is an intake manifold coolant leak, it kills the alt.m same thing with the power steering pump.

As long as the above can be checked off, and the car wasn't owned by some nigger drug dealer or white stancefag before, you should be confident with any of the lexus V8's.

They sell +10k here in the USA annually. I'm scared they might kill it again

Nice

>+12° C for a week.
>Car runs fine.
>Goes back to being cold.
>Car needs work.

Life is suffering.

Mk3 supra bro right?

Yuuup.

coils are adjustable though, and if you spend enough you get adjustable dampening and camber plates :)

It's fun when you get over the fear of gong sideways and start flirting it to maintain it instead of letting go of the gas.

I plan on upgrading
really want fog lights first though

Guys I have a question, are these carpets stock on a lexus ls400?

I dunno, i dont mind em, just seems like they were taken from a budget hotel lobby

Redpill me on the '17 is250.

Going to be my first luxury/Toyota car.

Since I have to say goodbye to my old shitbox because of the things I have to repair for technical inspection of my country ( TÜV ) being more expensive than buying another one and rust eating it apart, I am currently looking for a new one for the next couple of years that will be cheap to maintain in that time.
I found 2 cars that would be perfect for my budget, one Celica 5th gen for 1100 Euro with 255k km which looks pretty neat and the ad says it got regular inspections, and one Starlet 3rd gen for 950 Euro with 180k km that looks ok.
What do you guys think, is the Celica with only 106 PS even more fun that the Starlet?
Would a Celica be way more expensive to maintain than a Starlet so that it would be a pretty stupid idea to get one when I do not have that much money?
Should I worry about the Celica already having 255k km, or is that no problem at all?
Which one would you rather get as a DD for the next maybe 4-6 years?

I don't think so
Which generation is that?

Nothing really since it's a pretty good car. I know some people here sing like how they look. Imo they look way better IRL than in the pictures

Starlet is more fun to drive
Maintenance is about the same, though I think the starlet is slightly cheaper
My buddy has a solid running celica at over 485,000km (pic related)
I think I'd rather get the celica

I'd get the starlet. Celicas become less cool without turbo awd.

convert to 4agze or cheapo tarbo?

HAS SCIENCE GONE TOO FAR?