Hypothetical

hypothetical

would you rather:
-get a 30k lexus ls460, as new as you can get with as many features as you can get....
OR
-get a 25k jaguar XJ (pic related) with a similar age and features stipulation....along with a 4 year 48k mile bumper to bumper warranty for 5 grand?

assuming you'd be selling both in 5 years

The Jag.

The jag. It's already past the worst of its depreciation.

Lexus cos I still don't want a car that is prone to breaking every week.

Lexus, because I prefer the interior and that bamboo trim makes me hnnggggg.

Lexus GS450h fully loaded

buy the jag from carmax and get the warranty. make sure it's a supercharged one too.

Jag with warranty, sell it a few months before warranty is up

they will both be great cars. The Jag with bumper to bumper warranty seems like a good deal, but it may depreciate more in 5 years than the Lexus
I would prefer the Lexus, its a better car, but for only 5 years the Jag will hold just fine too

>warranty
Cars breaking monthly don't become any less annoying just because the repairs ideally don't cost you anything.

this is interesting, more people going for the jag than i thought, i assumed Veeky Forums was heavily into reliability first

Jaguar were unreliable before the Ford takeover in the late 90s: The unreliability meme comes from the older generation telling it to the younger as a truism that isn't really based in fact anymore.

true, but as of now their reliability is still not great, comparable to the german makes. not awful just meh

id never buy "luxury" toyota

Funny, because my Toyota has pic related covered.

>I can one of the most reliable cars you can buy
>or I can buy one of the most unreliable cars out their for just 5 grand less

Their depreciation hasn't changed though. You can still snag a 100k sports car for 30 to 40k if it's 3 years old. Buy an extended warranty.

guy i know has a supercharged xj and i have yet to hear anything bad about it
damn ford ran jags reputation to the groud

since its a jaguar, it will spend most of its life in the shop instead of on the road

If I was looking for affordable and reliable car Id consider toyota, but if I was in position like OP where I chose between luxurious Jag with bumper to bumper warranty and some pseudo luxury sedan at same price i wouldn't even make this thread.

I wouldn't get a full size car because I don't have any friends.

>If I had to choose a car that would shit on me any chance it could or a car that would outlive me
>Ill just choose the unreliable piece of shit, at least its parent company isnt toyota

I'd choose the lex even if Jags weren't the unreliable heaps of steaming shit they are. plus the lex will likely depreciate less over the course of ownership. that and the money saved on maintenance makes it a no brainer.

>Lexus
>Wanting to buy a car from a manufacturer where their website won't even load if you block it from connecting to your facebook

Why are you in this thread? You're getting shit on in that GTR vs Corvette thread pretty hard right now. Something about you getting caught samefagging?

>2017
>believing jaguars are still made by 70's british leyland

Jaguars have been decently reliable for the better part of 30 years now. Maybe it's time to start dropping le meme.

According to bongistan, the F-Type has a 93% reliability rating from 30,000 owners.

Maybe the Jaguar unreliable meme is dead.

Xj because dat styling and dat supercharged v8. Based jaguar, would not sell
Lexus is also a patrician choice though

more reliable than a corvette too lmao

>Features and accessories quality, mechanical
>2 stars
They got dinged hard for that stupid ass automatic AC vent. They at least put a way to have it stay up permanently.

But I heard the thing has huge issues if it's in automatic mode.

>Motor on AC vent dies. AC vent won't rise anymore.
>Have to listen to it blowing on the inside of my dash on 100F days

Easy, LS460.

Reliable, Comfy, nice power, interior is vastly better imo. Also the resale value will always be higher on the LS460.

Then I'll buy the LS500

>pseudo luxury sedan
you should sit in an LS, they're really good
what they lack compared to a mercedes or jag is interior styling. their interiors are well trimmed they're just....boring...

project harder

>co.uk
into the trash it goes
Even if you're dumb enough to believe it the lexus still murks jag in reliability.

>Too dumb to samefag on a board with no IDs
>Thinks he shouldn't be called a retarded pleb everytime he shits up Veeky Forums

>being this obsessed with me

Why are you trying to save face? You did the dumbest gayest shit any person could do.

Get caught being too stupid to samefag on Veeky Forums of all places.

The fact that you got caught by coincidentally being such a flaming homo that you need a tripcode only compounds how much of an incredulous failure you are.

Go find a dark room and reflect on what brought you to this moment. Be the change that you need in your life.

>also, check'em

this nigga mad af

get a 25-30k E60 M5

If I upset you this much feel free to filter me. I never post without my trip.

Atleast you remembered to remove your trip this time.

I'd get an F150. Luxury cars don't really need to exist anymore.

Dad?