Faggot ass plow driver leaves giant snow ridge in front of entrance to off ramp

>faggot ass plow driver leaves giant snow ridge in front of entrance to off ramp
>hit it at 40 mph
>SMACK
>hear screeching noise immediately
>steering wheel going apeshit
>screeching gets louder
>stops
>look back in real view mirror
>see fender liner flying in the air
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Is the city liable in this case? The plow driver is the reason why the snow ridge was there in the first place.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=W-iMNnvhwg4
youtube.com/watch?v=6_YMHFjSvCQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Worth a shot in reporting. I hope you are posting from your phone at the location / took a pic of everything.
If your proof is just your word, I find it unlikely they will take it.

Can snow rip away a fender liner? Are you sure there wasn't anything else hidden in the snow?

The heavier/wetter/more tightly packed/frozen the snow is the worse damage it'll do

>Is the city liable in this case?
No.

If snow is wet and compact and you hit it hard enough it cant bust a tie rod.

>Can snow rip away a fender liner?
Yes, it can be firmly stiff-hard depending on the temperature still being cold enough to cause refreeze. The plow churning up the snow creates a slight amount of heat. As it settles back down on the ground in that snow ridge, it refreezes. It's now harder than it was before the plow met it just like how a snow cone treat gets harder after awhile. It's now trouble for any low-slung car that is driving faster than prudent. A slow moving car shoves it out of the way. A fast moving car gets something cracked or in your case ripped off.

Depends. If you're in the United States I'd be doubtful you could prove the city is liable, but you could always ask a lawyer.

This is more of an insurance type problem than a liability issue

you were driving too fast for the conditions, your fault.

Of course they're not going to cover your retardation. Why would you try driving over compacted snow in a low car?

why the fuck did you hit it

>snow ridge in front of highway entrance
>yeah I better just plow into it at 40

>Giant snow ridge
>Let me be an American and not look where I am going
>Hit it
>REEEEEE

Did you assume everyone calling OP an idiot was not an American?

I made it just for you

THERE WAS NO OTHER FUCKING WAY OFF THE ROAD. THE NEXT EXIT WAS 10 MILES

if the snow ridge was in front, you are liable, because you could clearly see it and therefore effectively made the choice to ram into it.

He wants to sue his city.

Thats a very american thing to do you know.

Eurofags are the most self centered arrogant people on the internet.

Why did you hit it at 40mph? What if there was a pile of rocks on the exit ramp? Would you just drive through that at 40 too? You done fucked up op and hopefully learned that you can't just drive through shit because you think it's just going to be a fluffy pile of snow. I'm sorry you have to deal with repairing your car now, that's no fun. But take this experience and use it to have better judgement in the future

As an American you have to admit that there is some sort of magnetic field around stationary objects on American roads.

The biggest pileups happen in America and you guys have the most road space out of any 1st world country

It's your own fault, kiddo. Learn how to drive

Weight reduction brah

It's your own damn fault, dude.
You smacked into a heavy packed snow drift at 40mph. Regardless where the drift is, you better slow down and push the snow out of the way rather than smash into it and hope for the best.

You have a cavalier attitude to life so yeah, sue your city and see what happens next

It's your fault for not checking if the off ramp was clear

OP must be a she-boon.

>Cars backed up on to the offramp
>OP goes flying into the back of the pile
>Starts chimping about suing white people that "park" on the freeway

It seems that OP was lulled into careless attitude by the freshly plowed and salted road. OP then drove into unplowed offramp at 40MPH. An accident occurred at that speed which would not have occurred at a reasonable speed for unplowed offramps.

I'm just glad I'm not the car at the end of the offramp. Some 40MPH car zips into the offramp then cannot stop and hits my rear. It shoves my car into traffic and I am t-boned by cars that don't stop quickly in the slushy ice. I am too shocked by the impact to observe OP's license plate. OP then zips around me and drives off hit and run.

That's why you drive a truck in the winter and not some faggot stancemobile. If your car can't travel on the roads without falling apart it shouldn't be on the road.

youtube.com/watch?v=W-iMNnvhwg4

Yeah I know, isn't op a dummy!

Why doesn't he just slow down to 10mph in lane on the freeway, and then slowly merge to the offramp for each and every exit of a freeway he ever has done and ever will!

What a fool!

nice rims cleetus

I'll give you two situations.
Exiting highway, look at exit lane, looks like perfectly clear road, drive through at 40, no problems

Exiting highway, see a pile of something completely across exit lane, well I might as well drive 40 over this pile of random crap in the road, rips fender liner off, WHY DID PLOW DRIVER HAVE TO LEAVE SNOW HERE REEEEEE

fuck your sarcasm, I don't expect every driver to creep along the road at 2mph

youtube.com/watch?v=6_YMHFjSvCQ

>exiting snow covered freeway
>oh no there's something in the road
>oh no I can only manage to shave off 20mph without spinning the car because lol ice

Yes, you could just continue on. But as op stated, it was the last exit.

The point I'm trying to make is if you can avoid running over something then don't run over it. Op should not be mad at the plow driver or the fact that there was snow. Just be glad nothing major broke or had the car get thrown out of control

Lmao nigga, like why do accidents exist? Why didn't they just avoid it?
Sheit I guess everyone that has ever had a crash is dumb as rocks

If people adjusted their speed for road conditions, left space between them and the car in front of them, and put down phones I bet there would be 1/2 as many accidents. Awareness and thinking ahead is key for driving. In op's case there's snow on the ground (slow down), there's probably been a ridge of snow on the side of the highway for the past several miles (maybe it'll be near the exit), and if the highways need to be plowed chances are the exit ramp is in an even worse state (slow down). I'm sorry I'm so upset by this thread I don't know why. I'm going to stop posting

you should have gone slow enough to be able to see and stop safely for obstacles in the road