What kind of cool/odd/different car things do you guys have laying around? Could be oddball items or rare parts...

What kind of cool/odd/different car things do you guys have laying around? Could be oddball items or rare parts, just interesting things that you have hanging around or things you collect. I've recently gotten into collecting vintage wheels from Japan and oddball license plates/frames.

Pair on the right are Work Forfixs aka Work Fixs Mesh. 14x6 stamped 1982. 2 piece welded

Pair on the left are Impul Hoshino Silhouettes aka Hoshinos. 14x7 stamped 1985.

I would do things that are hard to find on the internet for those wheels.

Grade A wheels my man.
I'm fairly broke myself, but i do keep a Datsun shift knob as some eyecandy for my desk.

2 piece GT-P's and 3 piece Lorinser RSK-5's both imported from nip island.

Just picked up these 24k gold plated center caps for the GT-P's recently.

I have a bunch of old rare mk1 golf parts.

Too lazy to get pictures of.

Used to have a set of 15x7 BBS RA's, but i decided to sell them with my mk1.

I'll get another one someday.

good thing those are easy to find

I've got a BMW grille over my bed and a lawn mower piston around my house somewhere. Ironically I'm not even a fan of BMW.

where can one acquire these?

the actual rim is an Impul G5.

Silhouettes are just the cars that tended to use them in racing and popularized the style before the boso and zoku crowds started putting them on their cars in the mid 80's. Hoshino being the most well known for driving the Super Silhouette cars and founder of Impul tuning.

>dad has a kit car that uses brake drums and wheels from a Porsche 356 which is now where the bulk of the monetary value of the car is. I think it has other 356 parts but I can't remember.
>dad's godfather is a Formula One driver (not going to say which one) because my grandad was his mechanic during the racing season and also a good friend
>dad has various bits of memorabilia from the 1959 Le Mans
>dad also has badges from a few race cars that my granddad got given as gifts
>grandad is named in two books as to have named either a British sports car or American sports car.

Post some license plates.

I collect hub caps and license plates as well as Cadillac badges.

I have the grille for a '65 Imperial, the distributor for a '78 Peugeot 604, a set of original California Customs valve covers for a 454, a brass expansion tank from a '60s Corvette that's been modified to use in a DeLorean, and a whole mess of other junk.

I have some old license plates on my wall.
I also have a garage full of E30 parts but that's just because I used to own one.

anybody collect GM wire hubcaps in the 15'' department that they want to sell?

What type are you looking for? I've been buying up a few for projects.

Full wire, buick ideal, but would take blank.

Forgot picture

I've been trying to stockpile Buick ones; so I can make you a deal if we're looking for the same ones. Can you provide me with a picture?

Honestly not even picky, I'd just like them to be a matching set.

I have an oil-cooled Garrett T-3 turbo from a Z31 300zx. It came in the trunk of an eclipse I bought in 2006 and I still have it lying around.

Yahoo auctions Japan. There are some sites that translate and handle shipping for you but they charge tons in fees.

The hoshinos are easy enough to find but the fixs mesh I've had a harder time finding info on.

Rad man

I'll post some soon. Nothing super cool, mostly plates from states I never see being in WA, I've got a lot of frames from when I worked at a VW dealership though. Mostly odd locations or frames from are cooler cars like a metal Porsche one.

Gracias

I've got a set of 14x6 SSR mk2's on a delivery truck inbound right now so I'll post pics when they arrive. For now I'm just buying some sets/pairs I've always liked before I start hunting for the rarities.