Music List: pad.riseup.net/p/datmusic
Meets List: pad.riseup.net/p/datmeets
/dat/ Fap: zeemaps.com/map?group=1829299

>Community Links
Cart/o/graphy Map: zeemaps.com/map?group=1049739
/dat/ Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/DailyAusfagThread/

>Guides & Information
/dat/ External PDF List: pad.riseup.net/p/datpdfs
/dat/ Recommended Cars: my.mixtape.moe/akuicw.jpg (embed) (embed)
RAA Used Car Checklist: raa.com.au/documents/motoring-buy-a-car-checklist

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QVcsdDsE0Sg
strawpoll.com/4az33xz
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

1st for this website is dead as fuck

Fuck me. Forgot the previous thread link.

>>real talk edition
Falcunt needs to fuck off

On Ps
Need cheap and fast with good handling
Wanna commit sudoku by touge
I live in Victoria so that should explain why I want sudoku thanks for listening

On a footnote, Why is everything so fat? 200hp in a 1300kg car is not fucking acceptable and not optimised to be a rolling coffin.

let's see some aesthetic cars cunts.

>on P's
>cheap fast car

Pick one and only one.

Fastest I should say. I realise they're all shit but I want the fastest piece of shit to go down the mountain. Whatever gets me to the pearly gates sooner mate.

Why is Australia so fucked when it comes to used car prices

>looking for a van
>~$10k budget
>will only buy a 1993 mitsubishi express with 430,000km on it

What do gtsts go for these days?

all of the pajeets bought the cheap vans up years back. It will be a while before plentiful $1500 or cheaper vans return to the market

:(

Seriously every 3rd car on the road is a fucking van or ute, why the fuck do they cost a dickload there should be a huge amount for sale.

How do I not get fucked over buying a bike from a dealership?

Long story short i spent hours at the cop shop the end.

Test
e
s
t

??

it was just a test m8

nothing excite happened

is that Petrie woolworths mate

Oh, you.

coffs u stupid wonka
cheers cunt have a good weekend

>mfw working on sunday 14 hour + shift

>working

sitting around and playing imagination for 14 hours does sound pretty tiring

More than you afford, pal.

It's so easy to imagine falcunt sitting in a sandbox out front of hims mums house playing with dolls and pretending he's one of the dolls and is working. Maybe he was a train conductor today?

CHOO CHOO FALCUNT

I giggled

Basically driven every spare moment of the last 3 days since ive been off P's
Fucking in love
Putting off adding manual to my auto license was a waste of 4 years
>6spd manual to a 6.0ltr is actually sex

Still pretty garbage but a hell of a lot better than the first day where I hadnt driven stick since my L's

Nice astra

Yeah look, mum has terrible taste
At least its manual though

>get added to the big bloke advice fb group
>it's just fuck head dero "alpha" males blowing each other off
fucking normies

Has anyone ever sold anything with Ebay?

I have some old sorta rare Power Ranger Megazords that sell for hundreds on Ebay that I wanna get rid of but selling stuff on there looks a bit tricky and daunting.

Any tips? Especially with the postage stuff.

really? The LS guys are more helpful and based as all fuck.

My advice would be to first get rid of those plastic covers on the engine intake and radiator.

Not only do they cover the ls'ness up but also keep heat and ruin the sound of the engine

got the band back together

just get a civic

Guys how do I check a vin number on a nsw car

google it you dirty cocksucker

Get off the drugs cunt.

youtube.com/watch?v=QVcsdDsE0Sg

As long as it's on the toegay a BRZ or 86 should do the job. It's disappointing in a line but if you're going downhill like a kamikaze pilot it's perfect. Consider also an Autech S15 (or turbo R32 or 200SX if legal on P's in Vic), an MX-5 (NA or NB) or some some sort of CA18 S13. With exception to the MX-5 you're going to be tailed relentlessly by the revenue raisers.

>Why is everything so fat?
Pedestrian safety standards, crumple zones in the event of a crash, and that most things are commuters or cheap like the 86 and BRZ with bottomless aftermarket options.

used 600cc motorcycle

>tfw the SA band will never get back together

There isn't a massive mark up on bikes. On a 20k bike there's probably like 1.5k in comms that you can eat into.

200hp in a 1300kg car is quick enough, especially in the touge.

lmao

they will buy those too as the vans they have now are gonna be fucked out soon

i usually ask for gear or an extension on the rego if their not very flexible on the price

PPSR $5

Recommend me a movie to watch, cunts.

Baseketball

You'll get a discount on gear at any store you walk into here in Sydney, having purchased there previously or not. You just gotta ask, the usual rate is 10%. Dunno how rego works in your state, but you can't just tack on 3 months extra rego through the year, and buying new, you're getting an entire year anyway.

>buying new, you're getting an entire year anyway.
not guaranteed.
but yes we can 3,6,12 monthly our rego
some small business's will give you discount if your a frequent customer, my kwak dealer gives me discount as well now. i meant you might get the gear for free

Aw yeah.

Is BP ultimate a meme if I drive one of these?

Is it worth going out of my way to find a BP over using shell or Caltex 98?

Installed a new motormount in my Mazda 3, Taking off is 100x better, it used to be the engine hitting the firewall and smack shit up and wheel hop etc, now none of that happens and wheels lose traction rather than wheel hop etc. Its amazing. Also drones like a wrx with a canon but i like it.

BP has the most refined fuel of the 3 but that also doesn't mean the others are necessarily bad either.

strawpoll.com/4az33xz

No doubt it's all a gimmick, just like how people put 98 in their NA shitbox because it's "cleaner"

There is gimmick to fuel brands and octanes but 91 is objectively dirtier than 95 or 98 is.

95 is all you need really, 98 is over doing it unless the manufacturer says you need 98.

But what if 95 is 3c less than 98?

In that case I'd go 98 just because it will be very slightly cleaner.

[citation needed}
Maybe it has the most filtered fuel from all of the imported fuel from singapore

It all matters on transportation and storage imo, people who buy it for cleanliness are retarded

A load of 91 could be pristine compared to a load of 98 delivered from a filthy truck

Fuck that clusterfuck of a thread. IF you can find an immaculate HJ61 Landcruiser VX/Sahara with as many factory options (like the winch) and a 12H-T engine like the one you've pictured, jump at it, enjoy it, and keep it immaculate.
Worth noting J75 Landcruisers just don't depreciate and are like money in the bank.
There's a few nice import GQ Safaris getting around.
If looking at a diesel Paj, it's worth stepping up to the second gen. They got bigger gearbox and diffs. 2.8TD got 8" front and 9.5" 31 spline rear, although a neat original first gen Turbo Wagon would make a sound investment.

I vote the VX/Sahara, as long as it's a manual 12H-T.

Also, that's what fuel filters are for

That too. There are a lot of variables for fuel quality.

Dunno about the east coast, but in WA BP have their own refinery.

How many K's is a 12H-T good for realistically with maintenance? And yes I'm after Manual. Everything I'm seeing at the moment is 300thou, with a few rare examples well into 500-700thou.

I'm well and truly ready to put money into the thing, not money pit levels, but a fair bit to keep it going when it needs it.

Honestly, any of those diesels you've mentioned would have to suffer a failure to require a rebuild prior to 600,000kms, especially the Toyota and Nissan sixes. As long as the compression is good, it's not blowing any white/blue smoke and it's not missing then 300k kms wouldn't even bother me slightly. If it has got a miss, it could be a simple fix.
The Mitsubishi 4M4x diesels are also half million kilometer engines, but the first gen Pajero you mentioned was only available with a 4D5x diesel which was based on an Astron motor. The M series was released from the mid ninties.

An honourable mention, how about a BJ73 FRP top Cruiser? I'd specifically target a 13B-T (Toyota light truck diesel, not the rotary :P) powered version for longevity and reasonable economy. Unless you need a 5 door wagon.

WA has it good as nearly all fuel used is from the Kwinana refinery. Thus you get a quality product.

Longevity and fun is all I wanna be about now, I've had enough of all the JDM fags obsessing over numbers, I just wanna drive somewhere nice, get a little dirty and enjoy some fresh air.

Longevity and capability is about all I need in a 4x4, half a millon Ks blows my mind to think about, seeing as my current shitty moneypit Cressida is nothing by problems at 300thou on the dot. I'll take note of whatever recommendations you give me, if sure when I'm browsing I'll find the one that clicks with me.

My dad just came out as a commie. How do I deal with this

I recommend that you eat a dick, cunt.

Don't take offence, I still love JDM cars and what people do with them, just not for me anymore.

>Still taking offence to Xfag
First day on Veeky Forums, poofta?

Kind of ironic I'm giving you a lot of JDM examples then :P
Another mention is the original Prado, the same vehicle our current VDJ76R Landcruiser wagon is based on.
There's also the LJ74 Landcruiser Bundera SWB that uses all coil suspension based on Hilux 8" diffs.

Forgot the pic

and the Bundera for reference. All coils makes it a little crawling weapon.

Thanks for all the recs mate, really handy stuff to know. I've got screenshots of it all for future reference.

I really do love every inch of the Sahara and BJ73s, even the decals.

It's those exact decals combined with the factory winch bar you've pictured that have me hooked.
That's my kind of JDM lol

Is the whole obsession and superiority complex of driving a manual just a P-plater/new driver meme?

I've been driving a manual for the past year after being a late learner (26 now) and I really don't see the fuss people used to make over it when I was younger.

its better when "actively" driving.
thrashing, hills, corners etc. everyday around town driving makes no difference

he said he would take note of whatever recommendations we had.

Too dumb to know what humor is, autist?

Too many reddit users here now, unless you add /s, they will get triggered and cry for a hugbox.

>everyday around town driving makes no difference
This, but it's great to actually be in control of your car, I fucking hate how autos shift

How much is labor for an engine swap that's typically just a bolt in/loom shitshow in Victoria? I live in an apartment block so can't really do my own work

>tfw the band is still around, just doesn't come here anymore (dicksword)

>tfw you realise all those bikes are owned by 1 person

$100+ an hour for however many hours it takes to install

So probably $300-400+ labour

I'm looking at buy a parts car but the guy is 70km away and the car has no engine. How much would I probably be looking at to get it towed?

Depends on the state my dude. You could probably get some dodgy dude from Airtasker to haul for under $100

>>tfw you realise all those bikes are owned by 1 person
everyone needs a hobby right?
looking at another tomorrow

Nah don't want anyone too dodgey. Just a rough idea is fine, I've never had anything towed before so I have no idea at all.

Depends on the car, but for one bloke a direct engine swap with an identical motor is about a 10 hour job depending vehicle. As mentioned before, usually 100+p/h.

what hobby

I had my snail car delivered for around 200 but the whole undertray's fucked by rust and shit so it might be more/less depending on the state of yours.

bikes, was it too subtle