Some retard hit my truck and his insurance company is offering me fuckall because it's a 25 yo truck

Some retard hit my truck and his insurance company is offering me fuckall because it's a 25 yo truck.

I'm thinking I might just keep it and use it as a way to actually learn something about cars (which I currently don't know much about).

Obviously I'll start by fixing the suspension/axle or whatever you'd call it. Then it needs a new fender, new bumper, sounds like the radiator is fucked, and of course a new door. Possibly some other stuff.

How much will this cost of I do all the work myself and pull the parts from a junkyard? Is this an incipient money pit or a good idea?

Fucking cunt

It was such a nice truck

Yoy could also just contact a lawyer to see if they can get you a better check from the insurance company.

What is offer?

Pic of bent up shit

$1100

That's about what it's "worth" according to the state on my truck registration. But it's a pickup truck with a v8 and 130k miles and (was) in good shape. I paid 2900 and that's what it's worth in actuality.
Not worth pay for a lawyer, is it?

That is a pretty shit offer. $2900 is way High though...can get a truck built after the towers fell for that pick yer merica brand. Either way that trucks totaled. Sucks but life sucks sometimes. If you can afford an attorney and really isn't feasible anyway when yer talking about squabbling over an adittional $1800 if you could convince anyone it's worth that. Just argue on the phone and take what they'll pay and move on. Not worth fighting for months over a weeks pay and they know it.

not sure about american car prices but 3k is a lot of money for a 25 year old truck/car, especially with 130k miles

after throwing 2k in repairs at it your insurance will still call it a

Small claims is 300 dollars you jew fuck, 500 for a lawyer who actually passed the bar

Part it for another grand.

>take payout
>part it out
>????
>profit

You realize if you take the payout you can't keep the car, right?

just replace the suspension parts, get an alignment in a shop

just dangle the body parts with a hammer and you'd be finde.

Well, with it's tough body on frame construction, cushioned by rubber mou-

That's a really nice truck. That sucks dude.

Sometimes they let you buy it for a fraction of the payout

>2900 way high
>For a rust free 9th gen
Sounds like a decent deal desu. If it was 4wd and a 5 speed it's a steal at 2900.

>130k miles
>High
Trucks hold a value over here. Pristine square bodies go for 7-10k easy.

Before you do anything, research how much a similar truck is being sold for in your area. Insurance companies are supposed to give you fair market value. Instead they just look at KBB and give you that. Do your homework, print out ads and get more. I got 25% more when my bike was totaled by doing this.

You'll probably end up spending a minimum $500-$1000 just in frame straightening and alignment depending on where you live.

This.

If the frame isn't bent, jew them for more money, then buy it back.

For all those parts, probably a grand.

Man OP, you've got me lusting after 9th gen F150's now. I'm so close to irresponsibly buying one.

FUUARRRK it looked so clean

my condolences OP

>2900 way high
>For a rust free 9th gen
Sounds like a decent deal desu. If it was 4wd and a 5 speed it's a steal at 2900.

Seriously, that truck before the accident would bring 5k min all day up here in the salt belt.

FIND AND KILL THEM

man i get where you coming from, my truck is old but isnt classic so aint worth shit too, but at this point that cunt is fucked. you might have frame damage, and then even if you dont each door/panel you replace will be 1-200 and wont match the paint. the suspension will run you probably 500, the radiator 200 if you get a new one, then it will never drive the same again. itll probably get a salvage title, and insurance company will jack up rates and still count it as worth 1k even tho you put 2k in repairs into it.

get a lawyer, pay them 50 bucks to draft a letter, get 2.5k, buy similar year off craigslist

oh and buy your truck back for 500 then part out for 1-2k, and keep whats left as spare for the "new" one

Take the driver to small claims court, no lawyer needed.

It's a 25 year old truck, it is worth fuck all.