>you went downsized

>when you downsize your already downsized car

>lets jam

>Same hp and tq numbers from an even smaller engine

I wonder if it's gonna lag like crazy

>0cyl engine

How

lectric

Don't be a nigger, because if you're comparing the 500 to the Fiesta ST you have to pick the 595 Abarth, which has 4 cylinders and the best sound ever that trashes the Fiesta and every opponent in the same league (also it's a smaller segment than the Fiesta).

Fix
It
Again
Tony

>only redeeming quality is its stock exhaust
Gosh dang if only there was a website that I could go on to buy a different exhaust for my FiST. Too bad aftermarket parts don't exist

Mountune
Fswerks

There's another shop specializing in Fiesta/Focus but I forgot

>mfw everyone else is fitting bigger engines with less boost to deal with forthcoming more realistic emissions regulations

>only redeeming quality is its stock exhaust

Yeah sure, keep telling you that fagit.

they sound like shit though. as overrated as the alfa 4c. are people here tone deaf or something?

>less HP
>worst at cornering
>looks like shit
>AT LEAST MUH EXHAUST IS BETTER
don't you have a bus to catch?

brah I know, I was being sarcastic, thank you though

>no diesel fiesta

>less cylinders
>same power and displacement

Won't it have more torque?

my neighbour has a twinair, sounds like its from a tunnel boring machine when cold.

>less hp

That's a tuner friendly engine, you could go safely above 200 hp without touching anything

>worst at cornering

It's a little go kart, not a single human on earth complained about its handling considering that we're talking about a tuna fish tin smaller than the fiesta

>Looks like shit

Said the fangirl who praises a car whose front is copied from Aston Martin + nice opinion

>mug exhaust

The exhaust alone doesn't give better sound if the engine note isn't good, the abarth engine sounds good even with stock exhaust and also you can hear every single noise from the turbo and pop off. And still it has 1 cylinder more than this overrated Meme fiesta.

Get fucked hater

>That's a tuner friendly engine, you could go safely above 200 hp without touching anything
Nope, I have a series 4 595 competizione, these engines hit their limit at 200hp, after that you need to upgrade the intercooler to keep reliability

Not trying to bait here but I seriously think 3 cylinders are cooler than your vanilla inline 4.
I'm so fucking sick of inline 4 engines. They're fucking everywhere and I can't stand the noise of them.

3 cylinder engines on the other hand can sound like little 6 cylinder engines and also usually love to spool willingly and lively..

FUCK anything under 3 cylinders tho. Get the fuck out with that crap.

1.5 3-cyl vs 1.6 4-cyl

The 3-cylinder also apparently has cylinder deactivation technology as well, LOL.

I'll test drive it when it's at the dealership next year, but I'm interested.

That's what I was talking about, you don't have to do "anything" compared to other engines.

Inter cooler and that's it. Not a bigger turbo, no reinforced shit not even the clutch if you don't exaggerate

>changing the intercooler
is not
>not touching anything

Sorry, I love my Abarth, but thats stupid

>tuner friendly, easily go to 200 without touching anything
nigga wat?
>whose front is copied from Aston Martin + nice opinion
thank you I rather enjoy my opinion and I rather have a front copied from Aston than a front that looks like an upgraded Twingo
how does it have 1 cylinder more? the FiST and Abarth have 4 cylinders.
Also why did you post an Alfa if we are talking about the Abarth?
>get fucked hater
please get your edginess out of here you're hurting my feelings

>that sound
>lighter than an fiesta st
>ACTUALLY OFFERS 3 DOORS IN THE US

If it weren't for the meme reliability and horrifying crash test, I'd seriously consider it.

>meme reliability
Only really true in the US for the Abarth, you guys get a different engine than over in europe and the whole thing is just generally made cheaper

not true at all

What isn't? US does not get the t-jet, they get the multiair. I've seen a lot more reliability problems from US abarths than UK abarths.

>assmad fiatfag triggered by unrelated post

1.0L Ecoboost?
Designed by RWTH and Fords Colone engine factory?
It is a great engine for econoboxes and isn´t even that weak, 140hp are pretty good for a small car like a Fiesta.
**20b still best 3-banger**

>20b still best 3-banger
thats stretching it but i'll agree

daily reminder that niggers will think this is better than a miata or a toyobaru
>m-muh fwd tarbo econobox

It's a new 1.5 liter 3 cylinder ecoboost engine with cylinder deactivation technology.

It's not the 1.0

>3 cylinders
>still feels the need to deactivate cylinders

It's a different car with a different purpose.

delete this

Isn´t the 1.5L a 4-banger?

Wikipedia says it is a 4-banger or did I miss something?de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_EcoBoost#1.2C5-Liter-Vierzylinder

Also 0,5L cylinders are a pretty good sieze for power+fuel economy+emissions

no u

And? people have different preferences who cares? More miatas and 86's for you

Cylinder deactivation is for MPG only, why wouldn´t you do that on a new engine?

>4 cylinders
>best sound ever
pick one

I would, I'm just memeing.

QT PA 2T

>5 door

You were close but just missed it, right above that section.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_EcoBoost_engine#1.5-L

They didn´t update the german version of it, that´s the reason.

Much better.

>not realizing those cars are objectively better
>inb4 you're a cucked faggot who needs the practicality to take your wife's sons to school

>letting objectivity ruin a subjective hobby and passion for you

I'm sure you're objectively boring too.

>rwd
>objectively boring

>fwd
>NOT objectively boring

t o p k e k

>That's a tuner friendly engine, you could go safely above 200 hp without touching anything
If you touch nothing you get nothing

Also it does look like shit, it's a little girls car. I don't like fiestas but fiats are among the ugliest things around.

Why the fuck can't the micra come to the states?

>I don't like fiestas

The new one in the OP looks p gud. The fact Ford won't offer the 3-door here is a deal breaker for me though.

Pretty sure the 3 door will be available in America in 2018, the 5 door will def be available in Europe.

>Pretty sure the 3 door will be available in America in 2018

Nope simply broad speculation, if 5 door fiesta production still moves to Thailand as scheduled, I can't see why they wouldn't import both the 5 and 3 door variants into the United States.

I've been following the car and platform for long enough to suspect it will happen, but it's hard to tell what will happen with trump's unpredictable policies.

what if they use a twin scroll turbo?

Also, smart cars are 3 banger turbos and you dont feel the lag even with modded larger turbos

You're not missing much, the last interesting factory one I can think of was the k10 superturbo

As shameful as it is, 3 door hatches are slowly being phased out.

It's more likely that they'll do away with the 3 door entirely in a few years than that they'll now start selling them in US.

>grr everyone doesn't like what I like, time to call them a cuck
is someone sitting to close to you on the bus today? Stay buttmad

yea I have the 5 door FiST and I fuckin wish I could have gotten it with 3 doors woulda been much lighter and even better looking than it already is
>inb4 it's ugly
I'm just stating an opinion not a fact how good something looks is objective

That's true, but Ford has also recently proved that the hot hatch market in the US is alive and well.

I could see it going either way, phased out totally or a global vehicle.

Yeah it probably won't matter too much. The displacement is pretty similar to the current Fiesta which has basically no turbo lag.

It's definitely a nice car, but basically anything looks better in 3 door form.

I think the most we can hope for are 5 doors with these hidden handles.

It's already started in Europe, Renault have given up on 3 doors and Ford is going that way.

How do you guys feel about the 2017 mitsubishi mirage?

The current FiST is so damn good, this new model is going to have a hard time improving on it, or even matching it.

A 3cyl engine with deactivation doesn't sound good. Neither does the fancy exhaust note system depending on what """"driving mode"""" your in

Worry.jpeg

Everyone shits on it. I DD a 2015 Mirage and, while it's an absolute bore to an enthusiast, it's 100% capable to the average driver. I've had mine for a year and don't understand a single complaint that I've heard from reviewers. I got mine for $10k and it came far better equipped than anything else in the class, which all started at a minimum of $3k more. The 2017 only improved- shit, you can even get Apple Carplay/Android Auto. The gas mileage is insane.

I'm sure it sounds great! The adjustable exhaust seems to be coming more standard on vehicles these days.

If it's based on the award winning 1.0 it will be very interesting and have a ton of potential. I'm curious if they kept the timing-belt-in-oil design, or if they changed it up.

Yea but i like the look of the new model plus it's a 3 door. It would be cool to install some bolt on mods.

This shit right here is looking nice. All they gotta do is add a turbo down the line and das it baby.

At least it will make a more interesting sound. And 100cc bigger cylinders means they should suffer less.

I was planning to get one, but I heard that it's absolutely slow as hell.

It's a euro cuckbox what do you expect?
At least the seats might no longer be the worst on planet earth.
Behead those who insult thumpers.

Have you heard your average 3-cylinder engine? I work with them every day and they sound like an extended fart.

>owners complain about cylinder 3/4 cracking due to overheating
>delete cylinder 4
>???
>PROFIT

Is that pretty much a badge engineered Clio?

Looks really similar.

This 1.2l 69hp 3 cylinder Polo is as average and vanilla as it gets and in my opinion it sounds really good compared to sub 2.0 inline 4 cylinders.

youtube.com/watch?v=ewk_zFO8Pto

Of course there are better sounding engines but my point is that at least I prefer the sound of them over one of the millions of boring 4 cylinders out there.

kinda ok with this

I've screenshotted your post.

I'm going to laugh my fucking ass off if the new Fiesta ST is faster in a straight line AND around a track than the toyobaru twins.

3-cylinder engines actualy don´t sound bad at all, for some reason they sound better than 4-cylinders.
Also they are more efficient and cheaper to build than 4-cylinders.

Three cyls for cheaper thrylls.

How long before they start lunging engines every 30k?

pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?t=1446484

They aren't even economical in real world driving, downsizing is a fucking meme to jew the mpg tests so it looks good on paper.

>pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?t=1446484
>coolant hose failure
Well, I doubt that this is downsiezing related.

Also you do get a better fuel consumtion than on other cars with the same power but bigger engine.
The main factor is how you drive your car, if you permanently brake instead of coasting you will need more fuel.
Also the way you shift is verry important, don´t rev out your engine and use the highest gear ratio passible without lugging the engine.
Avoid speeds over 100mph if you don´t want to get less than 30 mpg.

I don´t have a 1.0L ecoboost, but I have a more primitive 1.0L 1KR-FE and get about 60 mpg on a tank with it.

i hope you realize literally anything that's rwd no matter how slow & shitty it is stock is superior bc of the platform & drivetrain.

yeah a miata is slow as fuck but the platform allows you to put a v8 in it, can you put a v8 in your fucking 3cyl $27k econobox?

>pic related will btfo every fwd piece of trash you throw at it

I have a '16 FiST and get an average of 34 MPG with it, combined city and highway. I'm perfectly happy with that kind of mileage, really don't need 40+ MPG out of a car that's supposed to be moderately sporty.

I guess you could get 40mpg+ if you would drive less sporty.

Also accelerating slow doesn´t save fuel, accelerate with WOT and controll your acceleration with your rpm is the efficient&fun way to go.

>downsizing is a fucking meme to jew the mpg tests so it looks good on paper

So is turbocharging for fuel economy.

"Eco"boost my ass.

The turbocharger is used to increase power your engine has, so the manufacturer can use a smaller more efficient engine without loosing power.

For example my naturaly aspirated 1.0L 1KR-FE is a engine desinged for fuel economy only.
It has 50kW of power out of 1 Litre of displacement.

Another 2L engine with lets say 100kW of power would make my car less fuel efficient.

If I would add a turbocharger to make my 1.0L engine make 100kW, I would combine the efficiency of a 1.0L engine with the power of a 2.0L engine.
Wich is exactly what the 1.0L Ecoboost does (up to 103kW).

What so good about a 3 door?

>I would combine the efficiency of a 1.0L engine with the power of a 2.0L engine
Except they don't. They look good in the tests, but they do not have the efficiency of a 1.0 NA when you start turbo charging them in real world applications.

The clio is much bigger. Micra is a city car, smaller than a subcompact

>2016 Civic EX-T
>180HP
>4 door sedan
>plenty of room
>36MPG aggressive driving
>44 MPG conservative driving

Don't need tiny clown cars to get good MPG

They do get the same fuel efficiency if they are used the same way as a 1.0L gets used.
If you always rev the shit out of them and go faster than the 1.0L NA could, you will get worse fuel efficiency.

Also turbocharging them allows you to rev lower at high speed due to increased low end torque, wich increases their efficiency even more.
Charles Lindberg discovered this trick in WWII.