I know you can get a dui inside your car if you're just sleeping in it drunk, but is that just in the drivers seat?

i know you can get a dui inside your car if you're just sleeping in it drunk, but is that just in the drivers seat?
with the keys in?
what if you have the keys in the ignition of your minivan for electricity and are chilling in the back seat having a beer?

In the eyes of the law you have "care and control" of the vehicle if you have access to the keys in the vehicle. You could be passed out drunk in the back of an SUV and the keys in your pocket. Legally that's a legit ticket, not totally sure how enforceable it is though.

My experience is only with Ontario, may vary from region to region.

If you're drinking and the vehicle is on private property and you've got the keys, I'm not totally sure how that works.

Do the cops care if you're pulled over and sleeping because you're tired? Some days after work I have to stop on the side of the road and doze in the driver's seat, engine off, blinkers on.

I have heard that people will leave the keys outside the car, like on top of the tire or something, to avoid getting a DUI

>land of the free

Where I am you can get in trouble for driving too tired.
They encourage you to nap, that's the idea behind rest areas.

I don't even know if you need blinkers on. Resting is generally encouraged

I'm sorry I can't answer your questions, I only opened this thread for sleeping doggos.

Sleep tight doggo.

In the UK, being drunk in a car with the keys on you would be 'drunk in charge' rather than 'drink driving', and much more situational.
If you're just sleeping it off in the pub car park with permission from the staff, the worst they'll do is confiscate your keys and make you get a lift to the police station to get them back when you sober up.

And thus get their car stolen?

>drunk as all hell
>need to nap before getting home
>find parking lot
>park and turn car off
>take keys out
>oh shit I might get a ticket/arrested
>climb out and throw keys at wheel well
>can't get caught if I don't have the keys
>I'll remember where they are

>sleep in driver's seat
>car will somehow get stolen

> Take keys
> Unlock car
> Throw driver out
> If they wake up, kick them in the head
> Drive off

> HEY WAKE UP MAN
> I GOT YOUR KEYS
> FIFTY BUCKS IF YOU WANT THEM BACK MAN
> OR I DROP THEM IN THE DRAIN
> FIFTY BUCKS MAN I KNOW YOU GOT IT

op here

what about drinking in an rv? and how do you define an rv?

op pic is my minivan, it can seat 7 but it's set up for one or two people to roadcamp in with the back section comprised of a bed that can turn into to seats, a seat that can fold up for storage or into a table, a cooler, lights, speakers, etc

I once parked up near a powerplant to take a quick snooze.
Cops have a route around the plant and pass by every 40 mins or so and one just checked up on me that night.
he didn't give me a breath test which was cool

Here's a question though.>You could be passed out drunk in the back of an SUV and the keys in your pocket. Legally that's a legit ticket, not totally sure how enforceable it is though.
What about keyless starting vehicles, since they can be started and from several feet away?

In some places (at least in the U.S.), you can get a DUI if you just have your keys on you but aren't anywhere near the vehicle. If the cops shut down a house party because of noise complaints, and they ask to see your license or they search you and find keys, they assume you're going to drive drunk. Doesn't seem legal at all and I'm not sure if it would hold up in court if challened, but it has happened.

that's really fucked up

i walk to the bar or to friend's houses all the time to get drunk often, and the keys i get into my house with are on the same ring as my vehicle keys

>all the time to get drunk often

shit boys, i've only had one i swear

You can still get a DUI in some places for this because you *could* go get them and drive.

I commonly get hammered and then drive about or ride an Atv on my private property.

I would laugh in the faces of the mothers against alcohol group or whatever they are called, and they visibly shake from triggerness over this situation.

Why would they be triggered by that? The whole point of that organization is to prevent drunk drivers from hitting other travelers; they don't actually give a shit about the drunk driver. Obviously there are no other travelers on your private property, so there's no risk to anyone besides you, who I guarantee they don't give a shit about.

>put keys ino airbox
>close hood
Problem solved and keys canĀ“t get stolen.

Because I am drunk, and driving.

>do thing nobody cares about
>LMAO X BTFO XDDDD
nobody likes MADD but you're a fucking moron

Their own founder thinks they've turned into a neo-prohibitionist group.

Green Peace founders think they've turned into retarded authoritarian radicals who would prefer the genocide of humanity.

See

by that logic anyone who has a car that is over legal drinking age should constantly be receiving DUIs

what vehicle is this?

Just how drunk is that dog and why is he driving anyway?