Just passed two people on my way home today all over the road while clearly texting

Just passed two people on my way home today all over the road while clearly texting.

How would you fix this?
I believe punishments should go like this

>1st offence
Immediate confiscation of phone, license suspended until the court installs a device in your car which you must plug your new phone into, rendering it inoperable while driving (much like drunks have to use a breathalyzer in order to operate their vehicle). This would be in effect for 1 year and driver responsible for all costs.

>2nd offense
Confiscation of phone, license suspended one year and 1000 dollar fine. Minimum 7 day jail sentence. (Class A misdemeanor).
>3rd offense
Felony conviction. One year in jail and 5 year suspension of license.

Punishments have to be severe, these people are literally killing people daily.

Other urls found in this thread:

consumerreports.org/cro/news/2013/09/cellcontrol-driveid-stops-texting-and-phone-use-behind-the-wheel/index.htm
jammerfromchina.com/products/_Portable_WiFi_Bluetooth_3G_4G_Mobile_Phone_Blocker.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>a device in your car which you must plug your new phone into, rendering it inoperable while driving (much like drunks have to use a breathalyzer in order to operate their vehicle)

So you can't operate your car without your phone? Nice,
I know you're mad, but you gotta actually think this stuff through.

I'm all for tough punishments on texting and driving, but there needs to be a significant amount of proof before we start handing out misdemeanor and felony convictions.
DUIs are easy since you either blow into the machine or get your blood drawn.

How would you like for a cop to pull you over and suspend your license on the premise of "it looked like you were using your phone"?

Face it, boys, women are just safer drivers. Men have a lot of testosterone and thus are more aggressive and risky drivers. They are also more prone to road rage. Female drivers, on the other hand, concentrate on the road fully and respect speed limits as well as the flow of traffic. Men engage in such behaviors as texting, cutting people off, and dazzling drivers with high beams. They are also notorious speeders and tailgaters.

>texting.
Who gives a shit texting is so 199x-200x

its all about apps now.

Fuck punishments just let the stupid cunts slam into a tree and take themselves out of the car pool.

I thought about that as well. It wouldn't be difficult to install some sort of side cameras on police cruisers or undercover cars to take video or pictures while beside the vehicle to show proof. The officer could also look at the phone and save message times to correlate times for further proof.

>Female drivers, on the other hand, concentrate on the road fully and respect speed limits as well as the flow of traffic.

>depending on law and courts

I have never had a desire to be a cop but I saw a video on youtube (filmed in Australia) of a motorcycle cop whose sole purpose was to ninja his was through traffic at red lights and bust people on phones.

Id like to do that for a living.

But... Why would you let a cop read your messages? And what if you had just pulled over to send a text and started driving again and got pulled up? What the fuck is wrong with you people. Text and drive all you want, just don't crash

I have a cell signal jammer in my glove box, and it's been amplified so that anyone within 200 feet of my car loses their signal. Sometimes I take it into work with me so that everyone around me is mad they can't go on facebook instead of working. Those days usually end up being way more productive too with more dead time between calls, it's great.

>Busting people texting at red lights, hurting absolutely no one
Pretty poor tbqh.

So what if I send a text at a red light? My vehicle is not in motion, and as such poses no threat to anyone.

I agree with your sentiment, but that just leads to more safety shit

>infant negro detected
because its the law.

Pull your car over and shut it off if you want to text.

Sorry but retards have ruined your right to text in the car at all.

>Immediate confiscation of phone, license suspended until the court installs a device in your car which you must plug your new phone into, rendering it inoperable while driving (much like drunks have to use a breathalyzer in order to operate their vehicle). This would be in effect for 1 year and driver responsible for all costs.

Fuck all that, just give them immediate demerit points that can result in suspension, fines, and revoking of their licence

Fuck normies they need to be punished severely

LOL

If it were my country you'd be allowed to give people a playful nudge that are texting and talking into their phone while on speaker.

>he's never been stuck behind someone on thier phone when the light turns green

>committing a felony by jamming legal communications that people and business have paid for, and potentially causing a safety hazard

It's great!

And woman have no pedal control. They end up mistaking the gas for the brake, and at the last minute *boom* they park up something like a tree.

>Female drivers, on the other hand, concentrate on the road fully and respect speed limits as well as the flow of traffic.
..oh wait this is bait, and I fell for it.

Where do you work user?

>some sort of side cameras on police cruisers

They all drive SUVs in my town. They can just look down into your vehicle when they pull alongside.

Depends on your state.
Most laws say "in motion", which is not the case if you are stopped at a red light.

>Pull your car over and shut it off if you want to text
Why? It's legal (in my state) to text at a red light, and it is putting no one in danger to do so.

>oh my god he didn't peel out at the stoplight and I had to wait an extra 1.2 seconds to go
If they're taking more than a few seconds honk the horn.

Eurofag here, lay it to me. You guys always talk of how common texting while driving is. Do you mean law enforcement is way too lax on this, or that there is no regulation at all? I mean, over here getting caught using the phone in any way while driving is an instant 250€ fine minimum.

Sounds like someone needs to get laid, loser. I can smell bitter virgins like you from a mile away.

Our countries here are way bigger than yours. The cops have to cover a lot more roads. And most of the time, cops have better things to do then follow civilians around checking to see if they are texting

Actually, insurance rates are lower for female drivers because they are safer than male counterparte. Men cause head on collisions that kill and injure thousands of people every year. No wonder no one wants to insure them when the average male is almost guaranteed to be involved in an at-fault accident in his life.

Lol no they fucking don't.

It's a combination of:
>difficult to detect and enforce
>different driving culture
>permavirgins on Veeky Forums blowing it out of proportion as a way to attack women

>be driving
>start to have stoke / heart attack / crippling medical emergency
>somehow able to pull over
>dont have the strength to disconnect phone from government approved device that keeps it from working
>dies

Great idea champ

Easy there, beta. No need project your insecurities onto me.

>bitter
No, no. It is you that seems to be a bit flustered here.

Men have lower accidents per mile than women, but they tend to be more catastrophic when they happen.

A woman will rear end someone because she was distracted by her phone.
A man will kill himself and his passenger wrapping his car around a telephone pole going 120 mph.
Most men will do neither, but it's impossible to differentiate between the safe men and the idiots.

You meant to direct that at OP, right? Because I'm agreeing with you.

woops, yeah that was ment for

It's not that they don't peel out that I mind, it's when only a couple people make it through because some stacy had to snapchat chad.

You are the bitter virgin here, buddy. There is literally no reason to make misogynist posts if you're getting pussy in 2017.

>implying there wouldn't be a fail-safe via bluetooth connectivity for emergency services

Great brain champ.

>impossible to differentiate between the safe men and the idiots.
Except that the guy going 120 mph in to the tree is dead

I have never been rear ended or otherwise hit by a female driver. As a female driver, I myself have never been in an accident but I avoided plenty of retarded mangry drivers who have tried to pass me in the right lane.

>suspend your license on the premise of "it looked like you were using your phone"?
already happening

one case the guy only got free because he had a two-way dashcam showing he was scratching his ear

OP is the biggest statist faggot ive seen outside of /pol/ in a long time

Here's your (You).

/Pol/ and /lgbt/ are natural allies. The nazi sturmabteilung was formed by prominent Germans from the gay scene.

Criminal nigger detected. When you turn your car off it should allow the phone to start working again. If it doesn't, tough shit you gave up easy access to your phone when you texted.

>car breathalyzers aren't fair because what if this habitual alcoholic has to breathe into the machine while running from a rapist?

That's what you sound like now, faggot.

I have a gf, get laid 2-3 times a week and still make comments about women's shitty driving even to her.

Here are a few common problems.

>not going with the flow of traffic(either speeding or holding people up)
>waiting until the end of a turn lane to merge into it
>all or nothing pedal operation
>can't park
>won't change lanes when they come up on someone until their riding their ass and have to slow down
>sometimes they still don't even get over and just proceed to ride your ass when there's an open lane next to you
>always doing something other than driving(make-up, eating, texting, talking)

Tits or GTFO.

Here's your (You)
This is low quality bait.
On that note, every accident I've ever been in was one in which a woman drove her car into mine. I've been rear ended at a cleary red light, T-boned by a woman running a red light, and sideswiped by a woman show missed her exit (no blinker, just smack and off she went. She tried to flee as well but I caught her plates on camera and handed the footage over to authorities.). I have on the other hand never caused an accident or been hit by a male driver. I have witness some stupid male drivers in brotrucks wreck due to being dumbasses.

If you're caught using the phone while driving, the police are allowed to launch the last person's confiscated phone into your windshield from in front of you before pulling you over and confiscating your phone.

>let me just technobabble buzzwords
>then I'll call you an idiot

That's absolutely retarded, in fact the whole idea is. Ignoring the fact that a device like that would be almost impossible to make, you can go to Walmart and get a new phone for $30.

It's impossible to tell before the guy is dead, and fatal crashes cost a lot of money.

Master bait

This already exists.

consumerreports.org/cro/news/2013/09/cellcontrol-driveid-stops-texting-and-phone-use-behind-the-wheel/index.htm

>EU forces insurance companies to no longer discriminate against sex
>women's premiums increase
>women cry about how this is unfair

The problem is no enforcement. My local HP (and yours too) are too busy giving people speeding tickets for going 80mph with the flow of traffic. If texting yielded a bigger fine they'd be on the side of the road with binoculars looking for texters instead of a speed gun looking for speeders.

Since I probably won't hear from you again.

>Emergency calls to 911 are allowed at any time.
>A wide variety of customizable options allow the parent to make exceptions for certain numbers, such as their own, or prohibit any phone use other than 911 while the car is moving.

So pretty much exactly what I said? Yeah faggot, fuck you.

>only works on phones with pre-installed software

Yeah that's real effective:
>buy $30 prepaid burner phone from Wal-Mart
>connect it to device
>never use it
>continue texting and driving with your real phone

Brilliant!

There is literally nothing wrong with texting/using a phone while driving down the freeway.

>There is literally no reason to make misogynist posts if you're getting pussy in 2017.

Except it's not a misogynistic post though, you whiteknight beta-male baby. Because I got a chick to screw, that's not gonna stop me from talking shit about females drivers for their hazardous driving that I've seen with my own eyes.

I bet you milk that term "misogynist" a lot when someone tells the harsh truth about women and their faults like a typical feminist would, but can't debunk the claims. Suck it up, cuck.

Just execute them if they're caught with video evidence.

>m-m-muh misogyny
criticism != hatred sjw cuck

How about you stop trying to regulate what people can and can't do, you liberal commie cocksucker.

(You)

Something like this would make a phone useless. jammerfromchina.com/products/_Portable_WiFi_Bluetooth_3G_4G_Mobile_Phone_Blocker.html

It's also a massive violation of federal law.

That is literally the opposite of the meaning of the word liberal.

But wouldn't the federal law be the ones installing it in your car?

the first car accident I was in, I got rear-ended because a girl was texting. the cop got her out of the car and started yelling at her about how it was the third time she'd done something like that

>liberal
>regulate what people can and can't do
Protip: democrats are not liberals
Read a book retard, regulating what people do is not a liberal thing to do.

No?
Jamming all cell signals is a massive safety hazard and there is no way it would fly in court.

Jamming cell signals on the road and such shouldn't be illegal.
>muh emergency calls
people lived for thousands of years without having 24/7 access to cell phones, pull over and get away from the road and make a call.

>Jamming all cell signals is a massive safety hazard
Why would it?
Do you die if you can´t use your phone?

>have a short arrow on my commute
>can only turn left on the arrow
>at least once a week I miss the arrow when I could have easily made if the dipshit in front of me had been paying attention

Fuck you, you selfish cunt

And what about the millions of people who use a hands free device? And what about the future in connected cars?
And what about the cellphone run emergency broadcast system? And what about the millions streaming Pandora and other? And what about passengers? And what about old people who are self diagnosed with an allergy to RF? And what about tpms which is mandatory on all manufactur d cars as of 2011? And what about cars driven in residential areas? And what about simply defeating the system? And what about the FCC? And what about OnStar? And what about apple play? And what about Bluetooth devices?

It's the American political meaning of liberal, you dumb froghats

>And what about the millions of people who use a hands free device? And what about the future in connected cars?
That shit isn't necessary and makes roads less safe. You don't need to stream your bullshit while you drive or talk, pull the fuck over and listen tot the radio.

>self diagnosed with an allergy to RF
Kill yourself you gullible retard that's not real.

Calling a turd an apple does not make it an apple

>an allergy to RF?
Everyone on the planet is CONSTANTLY being bathed with RF, much of it FAR more powerful than a phone or wifi hotspot or cell phone jammer. Anyone who claims to be allergic to RF is mentally ill.

>pull the fuck over and listen tot the radio

That's how it is. There is literally a town near a nasa listening post because it's essentially a RF darkspot.
Hundreds of old people live there and do nothing but complain about wifi.

>And what about the millions of people who use a hands free device?
Not in danger.
> And what about the future in connected cars?
They might be disconected for a few seconds.
>And what about the cellphone run emergency broadcast system?
Radios exist.
> And what about the millions streaming Pandora and other?
Streaming while driving?
> And what about passengers?
Not in danger.
> And what about old people who are self diagnosed with an allergy to RF?
There is no allergy to RF.
> And what about tpms which is mandatory on all manufactur d cars as of 2011?
Don´t need them, you are supposed to check your tire pressure yourself.
> And what about cars driven in residential areas?
No danger.
> And what about simply defeating the system?
I don´t know, but I would install a powerfull jammer in my car for my own safety, I could spare about 300W RF power.
> And what about the FCC?
They could approve it.
> And what about OnStar?
You should focus on driving anyway.
> And what about apple play?
Why would you pay while driving?
> And what about Bluetooth devices?
You should focus on driving, not on Bluetooth devices conected to you r phone.

Just because the left have changed their political stance doesn't mean they should be allowed to also change the definition of words

They're all literally crazy

>not honking the horn and watch them go full potato

Constant harassment by horn is perfect and it's also legal

>Not in danger.
>RF blocker
>doesn't affect a phone if it's used hands free

>All of this forced arguments
It's literally a RF block. You're talking about blocking RF inside a car if it's moving.

Kill ys your selff

I always pull up next to them, wait until they look down, and lay on the horn

Scares the shit out of them every time

>2
I drive ~5 hours a day, I see 2 people texting every other time I check my surroundings.

>> And what about OnStar?
>You should focus on driving anyway.

>help I've had a crash
>THIS IS ON STAR, SORRY, THERE IS NO SERVICE AND WE ARE UNABLE TO PROCESS YOUR REQUEST
>please! I'm dieing
>THIS IS ON STAR, SORRY, THERE IS NO SERVICE AND WE ARE UNABLE TO PROCESS YOUR REQUEST
>there's so much blood, i-im losing sight
>help... *softly* help p-please

>300W RF Jammer
>somehow doesn´t affect phone if using hands free
It doesn´t work that way.

>RF-Block
That is litteraly the opposite of my point, I was talking about a jammer on many used frequencys, wich sends tonns of interference rendering any wireless device in its area useless.

Most cars don´t have stuff like that anyway.

>get in fender bender
>claim insurance and report of their misdeeds

>crushed
>immobilized
>multiple broken bones
THAT SUCKS, I GUESS YOU GET TO FUCKING WALK UP TO 2 MILES TO FIND A ROADSIDE CALL BOX

>Can't read

All GM cars as of 2013 or so, and most before that up to 2001

Someone else can call them for you.
>one company does it
>You have to pay 7 times as much for it as for a internet flat for your phone to use it

talking on phone and texting while driving is still legal in my state

The problem is, they'll often take an innocent life with them too. That's the entire point of this post you oblivious cunt.

It still works in emergency conditions.

>Someone else can call them for you.
Except when they have to drive 3 miles away to get out of range of your stupid meme blocker to get service

It has been this way untill 20 years ago for most people and would prevent many crashes.