What possesses someone to buy a very expensive car when they live in an apartment or condo complex?

what possesses someone to buy a very expensive car when they live in an apartment or condo complex?

you could argue that some people rather have a nicer car than a nicer living space, but how are you not embarrassing yourself around all of your neighbors

>c300
>nice car

Pls.

What possesses someone to post a very obvious question on Veeky Forums when they live with there mom?

You could argue that some ops are retarded and have idiot parents, but how is op so clueless that he thinks people will take his bait, hes embarrassing himself with this post to all the other anons.

It all depends on how the person views life and living. Do what you want. I like a simple but cozy living space, I could easily see myself driving a "nice" car and living in a normal-sized studio apartment.

I can pay $1500 per month to live in a nice apartment, or $3500 per month plus 20% down ($100,000) for a nice house in my area where you need at least $500,000 for a nice home.

A used Accord would be about $280 per month. A used warrantied Mercedes S550 would run me about $450. That extra $170 goes much further with cars than with housing.

That's why.

>tfw drive miat and own house outright
Feels good, man. I retired below the poverty line at age 25.

That's some expensive ass housing

Poor financial decisions.

not guy ur responding to, but those numbers are accurate (if not a little conservative) for anywhere actually worth living

Sure if "anywhere worth living" means a large city near a coast.

Or literally anywhere in the most populous state in the country.

>Sure if "anywhere worth living" means a anywhere with jobs
FTFY

Ah another califag who thinks every other state is worthless

This.

No I think Washington, Oregon, Maine, Vermont, Massachusetts, Alaska, Michigan, Minnesota, Illinois, Hawaii, New York, Texas and Pennsylvania hold value.

The rest though, naw, pretty worthless desu

>implying all the midwestern states that supply your food aren't important.

60% of the agricultural produce in the the US comes from California and 90% of the produce consumed in California is from California. Your Midwestern garbage predominantly goes towards HFC and processed shit.

most states are worthless desu

Considering that the rest of you welfare states suck up more than you contribute and helped to elect a literal man child as the leader of the free world, yeah, a lot of states are pretty worthless.

Driving an expensive car while living in a commieblock is a sign of slavs and shitskins in Europe.

I'd probably buy a nice car if I'd spend more time in the car than at home. There were several episodes in my live where I just stayed home to sleep on the weekends
>project work is a 6h drive away
>living in hotels under the week
>come home Friday night, sleep, have appointments on Saturday, out all day, sleep, leave home Sunday evening

I bought a Condo for $145k. 20% down ($23ishk after fees and shit), on 20 year loan the payment is below $800. HOA makes the payment around $1100.

Renting an apartment is flat out stupid.

>My apartment complex is full of luxury brands of cars
>I don't even own a car anymore, just a motorbike

I'm starting to hate Sydney so much
Want to leave but too scared I'll never find a decent job in regional areas

Got a heap in savings, just not enough to buy in this inflated market

>HOA
kek you have no room to call anyone stupid here bruh

You sound upset

>tfw live in Australia
>tfw it doesn't matter if you choose a house, apartment or townhouse, they're all fucking rip offs and extremely expensive
>cars are already expensive as fuck too

Are you one of those dipshits that views things people purchase for utility/fun as 'investments' and then shits on them for their poor investment?

Neither housing nor cars are investments by definition and you really miss the point by treating them as such.

The same reason someone would shoot a man before throwing him out of an airplane.
Because they can.

I used to live with my parents until 18 in a very small apartment with just one bedroom. He used to own some pretty nice cars then, like 3 of em. His most expensive one was a Mercedes Benz S350 4matic and the least expensive was a then new 2010 Camry.

We also were the richest ones in our apartment building. My dad was pretty successful in his business too. He owned a building maintenance company and from what I could remember he got around 150k every year. But still that apartment was shitty as fuck because i was grown up in it.

No matter how much ever times mom yelled at dad to move on to atleast a better apartment, he didn't care to bother.
Yet he helps pay for my college, gifts mom occasionally, bought us stuff when asked, etc.

For his reason, he told any house bigger than the one he's in now will have a huge maintenance cost. He probably got that idea from doing his maintainence business.

Oh yeah and the second car was a 2012 Toyota Tundra.

I have a reasonably expensive car and live in a flat. The flat is a new build so nice and modern, neighbours are nice, and it has secure off street parking.

I like cars, and don't really give a shit about houses so long as it is trouble free and in a good area. I own the flat, not expansive at £175k in a very nice area. I would rather put my money into my hobby than spend a fortune to live in a massive house that I simply don't care about.

Must be a big guy .

>That's some expensive ass housing
No it isn't. The median price per residential square foot in my city is $405 in january 2017. As a median, there are obviously a lot of lower prices, but there will be something less desirable about them such as bad location, noisy location, next door to drug treatment center, next door to bus transit center, next door to welfare apartment complex, or it's one of those basically "almost zero property" houses which has basically a five foot property clearance around the house (front, back, sides) and maybe 20 feet at the back of the house. The only car parking is streetside in front of the house.

As of Feb 08, 2017, the lowest-priced home for sale is an 1,100 square-foot rambler built in 1954. At over $500,000, it's not exactly "cheap," but it'll do. It has one bathroom for the entire house and claims to have 3 bedrooms. It is not HOA so its price is lower.

I work in 10k sq.ft 10 million dollar big ass houses every day. I don't get it. Just walking from one end to another takes 5 minutes. It's a waste of life. I'd much rather have cheaper houses around the world and a fuck load of toys. Even smaller (~2000sq.ft) luxury houses are pointless when you have to work 70 hours a week to afford that lifestyle.

I like the Asian lifestyle where they live in a $200k duplex but have a Panamera and GTR parked out on the street. Seems like a lot more fun and enjoyment than just a fancy house and a Corolla.

For one girl at work:
>grew up with dad making 200k a year
>got used to living with "nice things"
>moved out
>doesn't actually get any of daddies money
>lives in little apartment
>finances 80k car herself
You're still throwing money away though it's stupid.

>HOA

There are tons of stories on 4plebs about HOA giving people hard times for stupid shit.