I just bought some AMD

Made my first stock order. 45 shares of AMD. Discuss.

Other urls found in this thread:

investopedia.com/stock-analysis/032116/intel-may-license-amd-graphics-technologies-amd-intc-nvda.aspx
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What did you use to buy

You bought the pump

Buy high sell low
Youll fit in just fine here

when is it gonna dip? it's only continuing to rise

You didn't buy SPY.... so you dun goofed.

I expect growth over the next few years.

lol

I used the Robinhood app because I don't plan on being a real investor, I just wanted to throw money at this one thing. No fees sounds nice.

nvidia going to smash AMD expect a drop to ~8$ soon

>buying an s&p index just before the market crashes

OP, how much did you spend per share?

Historically, AMD fluctuates between a $10.75 low and $10.90 high per share. If you bought recently, that puts you right in the middle, so if you time your sell correctly and dump it at the $10.90 peak, you stand to profit 5-10 cents per share, or $4.50 total profit (10 cent profit x 45 shares). Hopefully you didn't spend more than $4.50 in brokerage fees otherwise you may as well sell now and eat the loss or be prepared to hold AMD for 10 - 20 years and hope it becomes profitable to sell.

smart choice.

AMD will one day overtake NVDA's marketshare

$10.88, so near the high of your given range. I'm not interested in dumping these shares soon, as I believe they will rise through 2017 at least. No brokerage fees with robinhood. They're an online only brokerage.

Woah, what the fuck? Buy AMD at 2, sell at 4+

Haven't you been paying attention, you fucking idiot?

Your history is a week? Are you a fucking goldfish?

AMD crashes to sub- $2 territory and then it peaks. You sell at the peak, or your go back to sub- $2 territory.

Of course, past performance is no indication of future performance...

You're right, I realized my mistake after posting. OP bought at the top and is about to lose money

This person gives trading advice on Veeky Forums and people probably listen to him

Right now AMD is valued at 5% of Intel's value. That's not going to last if AMD takes back market share.

Already touching $11 premarket. Hype is big. Suddenly all the analysts, who didn't believe in Zen, believe in Zen.

Same, I got Robinhood so I could invest in AMD

I saw in RHs news feed that some faggots believe AMD is going to drop 50% for some reason, the hell's up with that?

Same reason the stock was at $1.

>Not buying DRYS

very large trades after hours. what's going on?
16:18:22 $ 10.658 187,266
16:19:31 $ 10.66 121,444
16:21:41 $ 10.66 2,059,424
16:24:12 $ 10.66 790,344
16:25:54 $ 10.6615 155,801
16:32:35 $ 10.6594 187,266
16:52:54 $ 10.6583 124,928

what do you want to discuss, flatter your ego?

I bought newvidya 30ish AND kept selling a third to pumping the profit in AMD and just rebuy the newvidya in spite of all the hate and pessimism for Zen, because Intel isn't used in China essentially and that's since November 2015 so what are you expecting, some newvidya style moonshine because it's a different segment where freaking self-driving in the fourth industrial revolution aren't as much in the picture but it has always been a fairly attractive stock, sleeping dragon if you will.

btw did you know Robinhood was started by a 28yo dude, Vlad Tenev.

It's funny when investors are so hard up to make a buck they start pouring money into garbage companies under the illusion they're going to make it big....those bubbles always bust.

you are a few months late, and it''s not even the right stock
should have ham on NVDA at the beginning of november for free money like I did

it's entertainment man, who says everything is for the buck

the whole paxwell shitshow that unfolded was hilarious and this VR self-drive fest is funny from my POV, just two companies in this world no big deal but the longer view, I get your point because I wanna see recovery on the newvidya dip

One more thing, newvidya switched to Samsung fabs from TSMC literally a month before Note 7s and washing machines exploded, which just proves my point because they probably signed acontract by then but either way Samsung fabs have the best memory and is a raving behemoth even with a new pres that was under the influence of some cultist daughter

It's going to the fucking moon, bro.

Is there ANY reason why shouldn't I invest all my money in Google?

It's not. Remeber a few years ago when nvidia and pple were like 20 bucks each. That's amd right now. They got their shit together so you can expect 50-100 dollars per share in about 5 years.

Again, you're late at the party did you know Google was trading at a hundred bucks not very long ago when I was in highschool

>Is there ANY reason why shouldn't I invest all my money in Google?

They started cost-cutting for the very first time in their history which led to an obvious surge, I'm in love with Ruth Porat though, she should be Alphabets CEO imho.That's one of the general issues plaguing the curent US economy since its costcutted asf and profits running derived from them so some general restructuration is presumable taking place

There's some additional shuffle going on because of fake news essentially since that's reminiscent of the fake views vs unique user ids which led to the best of advertising firms pre dot com bubble so some cleansing is ongoing it's too much of a close call, you'd have to consider the larger scale meanwhile Ali Baba, Tencent and co are booming, shenzhens stock market just opened. Just throwing some stuff off but gl with too big to fail and co, I've always been bullish on tech. Amazon in October 2015 hit it, you know at this point you see when aladdin and other front runners hit, the surge obvious they're just not showing their true size

Here's the main problem. The shit analysts who don't believe in Zen are the ones who say it will not surpass Intel's chips which will come out next year because the performance delta is so small between Broadwell E and Zen.

But here's the main stickler. Zen doesn't have to beat Intel entirely. It would be a nice cherry on top if it did but the main point of Zen is to be competitive and performance per watt and per dollar will be enough for AMD to win some of the server market.

That is what everyone who knows at least a bit about the tech industry would expect at least Zen to do with all the benchmarks that have been done on it.

Third party reviews when it releases to consumers will be the ultimate test on if AMD sinks or flies off on Zen.

Can Twitter come back?
If Trump keeps shit posting them into relevancy and they replace the cucked ceo?

No, Twitter is (unfortunately) dead stock, don't put a single cent and I'm saying this as a fan of Sacca and lowercase.

Intel divested their consumer division long ago, 12'000 employees back in April and they're full scale and full blown on cloud computing, big data and the internet of shit riding on the industrial 4.0 meme.

Besides, Intel and AMD have an alliance in terms of graphics so that tempers off the rivalry because Nvidia is creating a walled garden apple style with goyworks and full blown proprietary mode

Again just to reiterate, the game changer in one of the drivers of the paradigm shift, self-driving, is essentially in owning absolutely all the data generated and stemmed from the vehicles which leads to gargantuan synergies in real life applications and this is already tested on the logistics side of automation, yet there are some fallacies in terms having a machine deal with an often illogical world

sauce on intel/amd gfx alliance

investopedia.com/stock-analysis/032116/intel-may-license-amd-graphics-technologies-amd-intc-nvda.aspx

Invest in Netflix and Amazon.

>$450 of a stock
What did you pay in commission? Your gains are probably already dead.

Nothing. l2freetrades