Is my dad making a bad decision by wanting to buy a $100,000 Maserati Levante SUV?

Is my dad making a bad decision by wanting to buy a $100,000 Maserati Levante SUV?

Stats:

Anticipated retirement age: 65
Current net worth: $750,000 portfolio and paid off $500,000 house.
Income: $150,000

I feel like he's having some kind (late) mid-life crisis by wanting to blow his money on a freaking car and I don't want to see them struggle in retirement. My mom doesn't work either. I also don't make enough ($60,000) to bail them out in case something happens. This is all Canadian dollars btw. I've been trying to convince him to buy something more reasonable in to $50,000 range but he ignores me. Also, it's not like he's always had shitty cars or anything. They've always bought new SUVs from Honda or VW, but nothing in this range. Thoughts?

If hes already married why would he buy a status symbol

> (OP)
>If hes already married why would he buy a status symbol

Are you... are you saying he's cruising for strange?... naaah. He wouldn't do that.... I think...

fuck off he is old and wan't nice stuff, let him

wtf kind of retard wants a hunk of shit like that?
It doesn't even look good andi ts not even a 4x4 like fuck you would take it off road so why spend that much money on it?

its basically a fancy nissan x trail fuck me.

he knows he could buy an actual maserati for that much right?

Tell your dad he should chop off his balls because they already seem to have stopped working.

There's nothing wrong with him buying a $100,000 car at his age and income level.
But he's buying a car that's no fun, and whos value will drop like a rock.
That's possibly the worst car he could ever buy in that price bracket.
If he wants a status SUV he should just buy the jag at half the price.

Why doesn't he buy an old muscle car for like 50k like every other baby boomer. That Maserati is mobster housewife tier.

We're asian.

thats not an excuse to buy a fucking moms suv.

pic related is the same price.

Figures

....????
its like the universal asian dad car...

Tell him to buy stock in Parkervision and Snapchat to cover the loses

I mean its a shit buy, but the dude is like 65 and your dad. Let him make the mistake then laugh at him

>comparing an f pace to a Maserati

Kys extreme faggot

>3liter V6 Supercharged vs 3liter TT v6
>8 speed automatic vs 8 speed automatic
>0-60 in 5.5 vs 0-60 in 5.2
>Jag looks 10 times better
>Jag will hold its value more (which is hilarious to say about a jag)
>Jag is cheaper
>Jag is cheaper to maintain
>Both status brands

Maserati is a fucking joke, it's literally made for 35 year old betas who think they have money and want to try to show off while weaing cargo shorts.
Jag may be made for old women who chain smoke, But at least it's not the shining beta platform that Maserati is.

For once I actually agree with Ethan.

Getting the maserati is a dumb idea. The Jag is much better and not severely overpriced.

You will never convince him to not buy that car. What you need to do is convince him to buy something better.

>I don't want to see them struggle in retirement

>~1.5m CAD assets by retirement

sorry man but you should get them to a money manager to get them to plan for retirement if that is really all they have saved
unless he has a sweet annuity or pension program that isn't enough to live on for retirement to continue to provide income after retirement
I'm not saying they are in a terrible position, but if they haven't made any significant savings in the next ~5 years, 20 years from now will make for some difficult times

Literally every SUV comes with the same features tell him to get a ford expedition

>literally every SUV comes with the same features tell him to get a ford expedition

this, so much this. it looks so ugly, tell him to buy something like cayenne or just some 4x4 truck

Is this bait? Lel

I laughed, ty for that

shit bait

>poor people