My dad just bought this. Thoughts?

shoulda got a tacoma

It's a truck for someone that doesn't want a truck. Not much else to it.

5/10 + 1 for honda

Pretty good, ride like a car but can still do some truck stuff. Fast too. (for what it is)

Veeky Forums will say its shit though because its not body on frame and cant off-road

Is that a Ridgeline? Unless you are a contractor or pulling everyday it is the most practical crew cab truck to be honest. Looks stupid, seems stupid, but 80% of the time it's the smartest choice.

user, your dad is rad

>can still do some truck stuff

>rated to tow less then a 30 year old Crown Vic

disgusting

It costs more than a domestic truck and drinks more fuel than a V8. How is that practical? You might as well get a Pilot if you want to be practical.

A very practical choice for someone that lives in the suburbs and isn't going to be hauling shit every day

Veeky Forums's going to shit on it though because they're idiots

>some truck stuff
>some

lrn2read

>2000lbs is more than 5000lbs
okay

so your dads a hugecuck?

sorry to hear about that

Now spec that domestic truck as a crew cab and not a poverty tier fleet vehicle

Looks kinda useless

BUT I NEED A SUPER DUTY TO TOW MY YACHT TWICE A DAY THROUGH A MINEFIELD

should of got a regular midsize truck

>buying the worst truck in its class

LMAO

go shill somewhere else honda's PR team

What's the bed for though?

as much as it pains me to admit it you are correct

He's been married for 23 years

But that's not the Nissan Frontier

>should of
typical brotruck owner

Stuff

>fwd
>unibody
>shittiest towing and payload

Why would you buy one?

Why is Nissan so fucking shit

The Chrysler of Japan

It's a giant speaker

A Chevy 1500 crew cab is less comfy, uses more fuel, even the v6, has same bed, short bed, and is a few thousand more.

There are cases where you need a true crew cab and a bed. My wife wants an SUV to be up high. I live in a rural area and need a bed or trailer. Towing a trailer for every little thing is getting a bit tiresome.

Toyota's being sued over those frames splitting in half

>But that's not the Nissan Frontier

>Honda
>tries to make a truck
>FWD

LMAO Even the frontier will shit allover the Honda

that's a lot of years, at what age did you start prepping the bull?

But it's full time AWD, unless you're a poorfag

That truck Has been in production since 2004.

They havent put serious effort into thier cars ever since Carlos Ghosn came into the job

So has the rest of Nissan's lineup

The in-bed trunk is fucking huge

>fwd based awd
kek

m8
so if you don't buy the top of the line honda you're stuck with fwd on a truck lmao

get lower trim frontier or any other mid size you get rwd.

this is not a hard choice

where i live the pickup market is so undeveloped in comparison.

>FWD based AWD
Except it's not you tard, if anything it's a version of Acura's SH-AWD

>>fwd based awd
this phrase means nothing you fucking tard
stop parroting Veeky Forums

so it's literally shit

Keep telling yourself that memster

Wow, the Frontier still looks like that.. Well, I guess they are going by the "if it aint broke don't fix it" regulation I guess.

You are retarded.

The frontier is a POS that hasnt been meaningfully changed since 2004. The only thing it has going for it is "muh REAL 4x4"

Meanwhile the Ridgeline is brand new, full of features and has been universally praised by automotive journalists.

> universally praised by automotive journalists
>believing paid shills
wew

why not just get a regular car?
>its grate if you never do real truck things

>i need a bed to carry my wifes purse

If you are going to use a truck for work the honda is absolute shit compare to other trucks in the price range and midsize market

Damn your dad's a builder and can afford a new car?
The American economy looks to be in great shape

....Which is FWD based AWD....

There's no such thing as a ff transverse engine AWD setup with a rear bias. It may be able to send up to 50% of the power to the rear but it will never be RWD biased.

It may work in cars and small SUV's but there's a reason why every truck has been RWD for the last 150 years.

>you can only use a truck for work
You idiot

It has heated steering wheel, cooled seats, adaptive cruise, Apple Carplay. Seems pretty comfy. He doesn't tow anything, and the only off-roading he does is on muddy jobsites.

SH-AWD can easily send 70% to the rear wheels, then however much it wants to whichever wheel after that

You fucking moron

why would you buy a truck if you are not going to use it for work?

Just get a car at that point.

>heated steering wheel
>wanting your hands to sweat when you drive
lfmao

Guessing it doesn't get cold where you live

>6000lbs is more than 5000lbs

really makes you not think

Because I can haul a new engine and transmission in the back of a car

Fuck off back to your bus kiddo

looks like honda shills are out in full force
>please buy our truck its just like the real thing but not as good

>The Crown Vic once had a towing capacity of5000 lbs, no more. Its current towing capacity is a mear2000 lbs

Lel

nah i live in florida

Almost looks like the new unibody Ranger.
Both trucks that look like their cuv counterparts.

More like trucker fags jumped in the thread to shitpost and protect their fragile egos

just buy a old beater truck, saves you a ton of money and you won't look like a fag driving a honda "truck"

you are fucking clueless. there's more to the world than haldex

???
You're proving him right

Literally no one gives a shit about what other people drive

>Veeky Forums kiddies can't into sarcasm

>He doesn't tow anything, and the only off-roading he does is on muddy jobsites.

So why didn't he buy a civic?

Ask 99% of truck buyers

i have no argument the post

IF YOU ARE NOT GOING TO USE THE TRUCK FOR WORK WHY BUY IT. BUY A CAR

if you are going to need a work truck why buy a new honda? Horrible choice for that

>other people make shit decisions
>let me follow them

That's not a good example of sarcasm because it reads like a genuine sentence that someone would say

Yeah just ruin the interior

There are these things called "hobbies " that people have, owning a truck makes them easier

This thing would be useful for my mom and her stupid fucking real estate signs that destroy the interior of every car they go in

Just put some plywood under the engine if you're that paranoid about your interior

Canada nigga

>see picture
>clearly a shitbox
>paints fucked
>caring about interior at that point

clearly new engine for hektik skids is a good priority at this point

so why buy a honda "truck" there are better and way cheaper options for you to carrying your larping "hobby" equipment

More like line the entire interior with plywood

A truck actually has tie downs for that sort of thing

Cool minivan.

THIS
H
I
S

Because not everyone wants to drive around in a shitbox and can actually afford nice things

Might be a foreign concept for you though

>short bed

so you're dad is one of those faggots out in the 'burbs that buys a truck to validate his masculinity despite not actually doing anything truckworthy?

Most trucks sold are crew cabs with short beds

Yeah you're right about that, but it won't take you more than 10 minites to tie the cargo down in a car either if you're not a retard.
I haven't hauled an engine but I imagine it's too heavy to move around much if you're not hooning anyways

For the sake of your future as a human being, I hope you aren't this fucking dense.

Its literally a minivan with a bed. Does your step dad also use it to chauffeur his bull around?

Oh so it's face was ripped off a minivan and not a CUV. Good to know

Imagine some retard swerves out of their lane and smashes I to you head on while you have a heavy engine in the back sharing the cabin with you, don't really feel like having an LS join me in the passenger seat

>MUH HONDA HOBBY "TRUCK" IS A GRATE LUXURY SYMBOL
LMAO
Im sure all the normies will be sucking your dick in no time

you can own just own a nice car and a used truck. Im sure your hobby larping friends won't car to much about your used truck

>honda ridgeline
>statement of masculinity in a place where everyone owns lifted Rams and Super Dutys

Because bodyside pickups are useless pieces of shit, you americucked faggot. Whenever I see Amaroks they're sparkly clean and unladen, and American pickups are only driven by Ameriboo nutjobs to make a statement in the first place. This thing has more cargo area than a full size American pickup, the same number of seats, a similar load rating, a solid tow rating, can be loaded from three sides and is also 4x4. Oh, and it has a motherfucking crane.

Honda thought about what 90% of users actually need 90% of the time.
Trucks are really about what users THINK they need to compensate for their small penises.
Honda never thought about this and made a fatal error.

Ridgelines are essentially minivans with a Truck appearance package"

Why the fuck is everything so black and white for you retards? Why does it have to be either dispensible shitboxes or G wagons?

God this place is absolutely toxic, a driver's license and car ownership need to be a requirement to post here

Is the Frontier really that bad? I get that its old but it gets the job done without the toyota tax.

That's funny because that's exactly what a shit ton of private owned trucks are used as.

You're absolutely right, it would increase chances of you dying if someone were to smash into you.
However, that's a pretty weak argument 2bh. I wouldn't think much about it, unless I was some kind of engine courier, at which point I'd just get a truck. I doubt OP's dad hauls an engine more often than a few times a year.

Most truck owners also use their truck as a daily driver.

This guy gets it. The Ridgeline is gonna fail because the typical truck buyer is an idiot

Why, is there a mudhole on the way to the office?

Holy fuck I've never seen a truck cause so much butthurt

It's just one of many points

Basically it's a Ridgeline with a bed, what's wrong with that? A bed is more useful than 2 back seats