Just got the 2012 135i. It's a babby BMW, but fast as heck, 300hp stock, brembo brakes, i6 inline TwinPower Turbo V6

Just got the 2012 135i. It's a babby BMW, but fast as heck, 300hp stock, brembo brakes, i6 inline TwinPower Turbo V6.

Any mod recommends?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Hgp7cS2ekPk
youtube.com/watch?v=f25L6OmHTXE
youtube.com/watch?v=vnMUlTv5CdY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>V6
I bet you got the automatic too, you clueless fuck.

i hope you got the sports package with it

>7-Speed DCT tranny.

Don't be a cuck, prior cars were E36 318is Manual and E46 M3 manual.

I'm tired of sticking in traffic, will ride this one out 'till I get bored and go back to Manual if needed.

>i6 inline TwinPower Turbo V6
wat
also, get a JB4, it'll boost your pow output immensely, like 100whp, in fact it's arguably too much power for the chassis and unbalances the car

>Inline i6 v6

Yeah 7-Speed DCT, so fucking fast. It clutches faster than a human. I can slap it in full auto and drive with eyes closed. Kinda fun to throw around since the car is so light.

The newer BMWs are so faggy I don't even want to look at them.

I'm drunk right now, forgive my ignorance.

>sticking in traffic
How much traffic do you really encounter?
It's not that bad, stop being a bitch

sure it shifts fast but without clutch control and selecting gears it just isnt as engaging

I live in HellA....take a guess.

I've been trying to avoid traffic via smaller streets for years, but you can't really avoid the freeways.

I dunno, I've been driving stick for over 10 years, and this car is so fun it may change my mind on DCT's. It flies at lower RPMs, for an E46 M3 I had prior, I had to rev to 7k to realize the power of it. It was fun to drive at night when there was no traffic, but this one is fucking awesome day and night.

For the JB4, I hear it's the first thing I should do.

Is it easy to install or do I need to get someone to do it for me?

Clueless retard.

I agree with that, but the engine and (lack of) suspension grabs the road. I was hesitant but upon first test drive I fell in love.

I turn off traction control and enable M/S mode and shift with either the paddle shifters or stick control. It's really fun you should try it.

Yes, I can't do manual tricks to a certain extent but it's still a joy every morning to get into it.

Also it feels like an old style BMW before they became faggy and all electronic.

:

When you get JB4, also get an after market charge pipe. The boost generated stock is already a bit much for the shitty plastic part, it's only a matter of time.

M sports exhaust sounds good without being annoyingly loud, if you can find it for a reasonable price.

I would also get some sports springs to drop it around 3/4", you'll notice a nice gain in handling without having to inch over speed bumps. Don't waste money on coils.

Also an aftermarket intake.

>this thread making me want to get a 135i when i already have a 540i touring and an 03 miata

stahp

what about a lsd

I6 v6 6 cylinder

PPK isn't a bad idea if a cheap one is floating around. Won't upset the chasis like JB4 but still adds very noticeable power.

That doesn't really have anything to do with DCT's vs manual, though. The E46 M3 had a high-revving, performance tuned, naturally aspirated I6 which means you HAVE to rev it. For some people that's the fun of it, but for others it sucks because it means you have to rev around like a goon to feel any power.

The Twin Turbo I6 in the 135i takes an entirely different approach - just get as much torque and boost as fast as possible. That means you're always going to feel a big punch no matter where you are in the power band (theoretically).

I think the idea and performance of the 135i is awesome - I just can't get around how fuck-ugly it is. Like I hear about it and read about it and it sounds amazing, but then every time I see one in real life I want to retch.

Christ it's like BMW tried to make this the ugliest they could to avoid from cannibalizing the sales of their other coupes or something. That big blunted-in face, the Toyota Echo-like body shape with the stunted, tall side profile, and that hideous sagging dip body line above the rocker panels that makes it look like the car is sagging into the road. Goddamn it BMW, why.

yeah it's an ugly little shit but it has a sort of ugly duckling charm to it at this point since its so tiny

i e92 + jb4 tune master race reporting in

135i a shit

>i6 inline TwinPower Turbo V6

If you got the manual changing out the dual mass fly wheel for a single makes it heaps easier to rev match.

A really nice cosmetic upgrade is the black line tail lights. They look so good at night

Thanks m8.

Looking at this now.

Even the stock exhaust sounds real gangsta.

It goes vroom vroom on the downlow.

There's also a "Golf Tee" mod which is simple and free which I can do myself.

youtube.com/watch?v=Hgp7cS2ekPk
youtube.com/watch?v=f25L6OmHTXE
youtube.com/watch?v=vnMUlTv5CdY

Thoughts?

Well yeah, DCT is not the same as "automatic" espcially since the 135i I got had the sports 7 speed DCT.

It's not that ugly.

The new 2xx series are ugly fo' sho'.

The 135i has it's charm, the side looks real good. The butt is a bit small but still looks like a BMW.

All new BMW's nowadays look like an abomination to me and they drive like shit. It's all electronic and shiet.

>went from a manual E46 M3 to a 135i
Kill you are self.

sell the corolla wannabe and get a real car

Oil catch can to avoid your intake getting coated in nasty shit, unless that's already there from factory, which is becoming more and more common. It will help in the long run to keep power and engine life

Probably has run-flat tires? Those are shit for driving tires, get some real rubber in there when the time comes. Hopefully you have space for a full size spare, if it came with a temporary spare/repair kit

You could lighten it some with fiberglass parts, or even carbon fiber if you can deal with the corrosion they can bring, though I doubt you wanna do that

>Also it feels like an old style BMW before they became faggy and all electronic.

I agree 100% that generation of 1-series was a last hurrah for purists. You did good OP.

>going from a god-tier E46 M3 to a pleb-tier automatic 135i
>then calling other people cucks

Without being a dick about I6V6, the answer you're looking for is pretty direct.

>Tune
>Catless downpipe
>Better recirc
>You bought a fucking automatic so you can't make real power
>Wider rear tires/lighter wheels
>3" exhaust from headers back
>Header

>I owned a E46 M3, but I think there is ia V6 in my baby M since I just drank a beer.

>I prefer the DSG over the manual and imply that the lack of the option to free the drivetrain from the engine momentum/braking isn't a bad thing when driven at the limit.

135 is literally the worst bmw

2 series active tourer is worse, trust me.

>the lack of the option to free the drivetrain from the engine momentum/braking isn't a bad thing when driven at the limit.

I have yet to find a person dumb enough to clutch in mid-corner when driving at the limit.

If you end up trying it, be sure to film it. I'm sure it'd be fun to watch.

Said no one on their first laps on the ring, or any canyon, ever.

But by all means, enjoy your open diff automatic.

Kill yourself. Manual is worth it no matter what. You're the cuck for living with a shitty commute. E46 m3 is better than the 1 series in every way.

I had the same for 3 years, great car. I got new intake, software and complete exhaust from the turbo. Was running 430hp, beat nearly everything from the line.

>clutch in midcorner
Good thing he didnt actually imply that

I almost bought one too, untill I realized that im not a homo faggot gay nigger ass

Not OP, but how do you know if it's sport package? The M on the steering wheel and shift knob?

Also OP mentioned his is 2012. Is that free of all the issues that people talk about with 135/335? Shitty pumps and whatnot... Which are the bad years?

Wheels, suspension and a few m/// trim/aero bits are typical on m package cars.

But as of late, BMW has been putting M badges on pretty much everything, its sad really.

Whelp, I would imagine you wouldn't want to disengage the drivetrain under acceleration, as that kind of defeats the point of acceleration, so that's out.

Similarly, there wouldn't be much reason to disengage the drivetrain in a RWD vehicle under braking, unless you for some reason feel like trying to induce more understeer than normal. Since brakes are generally biased to the front anyway, the engine braking under deceleration would only help with slowing down anyway, so again, that option is out.

The only other viable scenario where one could desire to disengage the drivetrain would then be mid-corner, or entry, or exit, or really any stage of cornering. The average misguided manchild, who has read all about grip circles, balance and managing traction, but hasn't actually done any of it, might be led to believe that in a corner, it could very well be beneficial to disengage the driven rear wheels, in order to prevent the engine braking from exceeding the grip levels of the rear tires when the weight has transferred almost entirely to the front tires, presumably from braking before entering the corner. The aforementioned manchild could very possibly believe that this would lead to less oversteer on corner entry or mid corner, which would obviously be very desirable in a performance driving situation.

However, in practice, it's completely and utterly useless, and most anyone who drops out of gear when going into a corner and then swiftly goes back into gear either mid-corner or during corner exit in a RWD car will find themselves suddenly sideways at speed with no chance whatsoever of completing the corner in a timely and efficient manner, if they manage to stay on the road at all.

Really, unless you're in snow or on a severely traction limiting surface going down hill, there's no reason to disconnect the drivetrain in a RWD vehicle, and that's really only for street driving in very special circumstances.

It's not about being fastest, it's about increading the chance to survive even if you enter a corner like an idiot.

Let's say that you are going downhill through a big blind sweeping turn, which then tightens much faster than you had anticipated. Breaking will cause you to drift outwards or assfucking you with weight transfer oversteer, your only option is riding off the momentum and brake after (or at the end) of the turn.
Add a uneven road surface and the fact that you turned off esp to go fast, and things turn out increasingly interesting the more uncontrollable drag (high rpm/low gear) you add to the rear wheels.
Think downshift understeer, just without the shifting.

And by downshift understeer I mean downshift oversteer. Can't be arsed to correct

Intake and a accessport tuner, the turbos spool up as loud as a diesel with an intake

how much did you pay for it?