It took GM ten years to develop a corvette as fast as GT-R

>it took GM ten years to develop a corvette as fast as GT-R
its as if you bragged with release GT-R R35 about defeating tuned Corvette C5.
how come this car is so great?

Other urls found in this thread:

topgear.com/car-news/top-gear-magazine/top-gear-chats-mizuno-san-mr-gt-r
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevrolet_Corvette_(C7)#2015_Corvette_Z06.2C_Z07_performance_package
thetruthaboutcars.com/2016/07/chevrolet-rolls-overheating-fix-corvette-z06s/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>as fast

You are wasting your life away on shitposting desu

there will be a completely new platform 2020, let's see how amerilards are gonna cope with that one

cant wait to be honest. maybe even chevrolet will realize pushrod V8s are not the best choice.

why is it shitposting? it took 10 years for competition to catch up with current GT-R platform, and they are STILL bragging about it. its laughable when put like that.

can current owners of nissan make it great again?

I really wish they'd give it a proper platform update already. The R35 is 10 years old this year.

For the price of a gtr, it better be faster. A base c7 vette starting is 52k and that has a 3.7sec 0-60mph

My question is why is a gtr slower than an aerial atom? 7 people work at aerial... gtr has the entire nissan company behind it.

Wasn't that always the corvette bragging point? Best performance per dollar for sports cars?

>My question is why is a gtr slower than an aerial atom? 7 people work at aerial... gtr has the entire nissan company behind it.

u r retards?

The Corvette doesn't even compete with the GTR. It's half the price and not a tech-dependent car, yet the current one is faster. Don't be delusional. Now make threads shitting on the GTR for being behind in every way until it improves if you are not a biased Nissín fangirl. This is the last time I'll bite.

Why does these 2 car compete with each other? The Corvette has a NA engine, manual transmission, rwd and designed as a sports car. The GTR is just a fat, 4wd, automatic blob that happens to be very fast.
I can understand that they can compete on the track, but they are completely different.

Diminishing returns. No way the next GTR will be as dominant for as long as this one. The R35 made history, never to be repeated.

>should I buy a 2017 raptor at MRSP or wait for 2018?

>is it true that its gonna get a 5.0 TT?

plz help

It wasn't so much 'trying to defeat the GTR' as much as it was 'creating a Corvette that could actually use all of its power'

It's still not as good as the GTR in some areas. It can't put power down when powering out of sharp turns like the GTR, due to the Corvette's low weight and lack of mechanical traction, and it can't put power down from a dig like the GTR can. But, it is better at areas that can make use of downforce, like long sweepers, and pulls over 30 mph.

Yeah right, the next one will still be a monster.

More than likely they'll pull something from the Regera's book. Electric motor boost during low-end to maximize acceleration.

>The GTR is just a fat, 4wd, automatic blob that happens to be very fast.
>le light cars ftw XDD meme
nissan actually managed to use the weight to their advantag

you're absolutely right the GTR and corvette are not even the same class of car. I've sat in both and they are extremely different cars. The GTR is a 2+2 GT coupe while the corvette is a 2 seat sports car. Really the GTR should never had been compared to any true sports car because of how different they are, but they were because there was nothing in the GT class that was even in striking distance of the GTR in terms of performance.

In terms of layout a GTR would be much closer to a RS5, Camaro or a Mustang. If Nissan hadn't had jacked up the price of the car every year and left it at the original 60-70k launch price I think the comparison between those cars would be much easier to make.

Please explain how they used the weight to their advantage, and why the Nismo has some light-weight parts over the stock GTR instead of heavy-weight parts made in lead.

T H I C C

> Implying the pigfat sumo GTR isn't a lard

Amerilards btfo by yellow rice eating tentacle loving slant eyed japs

But they couldn't keep selling a car that costs so much to make at those sorts of prices. They nearly doubled the price for the same car within incremental updates over only 6 years. So your point is moot.

GM managed to make a car that they sell at a hefty profit that goes comparably fast, for less. And they can make considerably more of them per year since they're not special snowflakes. Did take them a few extra years, though.. Could be all that economic recession forcing R&D into the big money makers for a while.

And before you go spouting about reliability or daily-ability remember that only one engine configuration of the corvette has had issues, which have now been fixed, and is otherwise pleasant to drive. Whereas the GTR continues to have:
-Glass transmission (20k fix that you're almost guaranteed to need after less than 10 years)
-Expensive aftermarket
-Special snowflake parts which are worse than most luxury brands to buy and replace, despite having a Datsun badge
-Horrible ride quality
-Harsh gear changes
-The interior sound proofing of an empty container ship's hull.

>reading comprehension

>oil retention

fucking destroyed him, lmao

maybe

no

samefag

nope, stay btfo

butthurt

lmao
stay mad

I think it's more sad it took Nissan 5 years to develop a GT-R faster than a car with a truck engine.

>GTR was ahead of the Corvette because the Corvette couldn't put its power down
>fat, heavy GTR leads light, nimble Corvette because the Americans can only answer low-speed traction loss with wrinkle-wall slicks
>Corvette finally gets some wind on its spoilers and can actually mash the gas, and pulls away
>it's not like the Corvette had a 50 horsepower/400 lbs advantage

lol, American cars are still garbage, regardless of lap times.

>as fast
Corvette is slower though

The corvettes engines are still shitting the bed
They still have shit loads of problems

Glass transmissions haven't been a thing a since 2009 in gtrs
Stop posting dumb fuck

Literally this mad gm updates it's shitty platforms 6 times a year and still can't compete with an automatic awd v6 maxima

same thing people said about the R32. and R33. and R34.

face it the GTR is the beast. whatever you throw against it will have every hole sodomized with the GTR's swollen, throbbing, turgid, and GIRTHY member.

>acrx, non street legal viper race car
>7:03

>NISMO gt3 gtr, non street legal gtr race car
>6:40

Dodge can't compete that's why the viper is discontinued

its always the same nerds comparing an awd car with a rwd car

It's almost as if they're not the same car.

>gtr
>can't come close to keeping up with lolpushrodV8s going around in a circle
>Japan BTFO by NASCAR rednecks
>how will Hiroshima ever recover

That's how you sound. Every. Fucking. Thread. It's getting old.

Oh, hold on, let me get your copy-paste replies out for you

>autistic comment about butt hurt
>autistic comment about GM including the term BTFO again
>something about how old the gtr is ignoring that it's gained 65hp and 100 thousand kyke-bucks along with weight reductions in that time, with hints of autism of course

Did I miss something?

Nissan is shit.

>1972
>1999

>the gtr has gained 65hp
Oh wow a massive 65hp, that's 35 short of 100hp!!

Ten years the gtr has gained 65hp
Gm went from 505hp in the c6z to 650+ in the c7z LMAO

Stay btfo

>gm still can't beat nissan with all that power
lel

Bc jap ecoboost

Oh wow, 100hp. That's still short of

ONE
HUNDRED
THOUSAND
DOLLARS

Aka 200% cost for 1.4 seconds, aka a 1% increase in lap time. And you're PROUD of this.

How can someone so poor overlook a cost so high? Any idea how good a car can be if you just throw money at it? Oh wait, the Americans are also better at that
>cue the new GT

I know it hurts that, even with a collosal idiot like trump at the helm, this country consistently produces the best cars, but you have to learn to accept it, user.

GTR used to be good.. But they skyrocketed the price and performances stagnated except for a small boost in the Nismo trim. It's just a meme now, nothing else.

It hasn't risen 100k in price
You are retarded

Stay mad

hahaha blown the eff out!!

Also crying about the price of a high quality high tech import supercar vs a cheap domestic tax payer funded unreliable pieve of shit plastic fantastic cuntvette

7:08 stay triggered

Is that a c6?

>GTR engines, including newer models, also overheat with track use
>transmissions weren't "fixed" until several lawsuits, and are still running de-tuned versions of launch control to avoid breaking them
>corvette engine failures outside of Z06 are not statistically significant, they just have more coverage

Except the time I'm talking about is the street legal ACR. 7:12 set in 2010 that Nissan couldn't beat until 2015 with the N-attack package

Show me one example of a 2015 or 2016 or 2017 gtr overheating in a journalism test
I can show you at least a dozen examples of it happening to cuckvettes
Transmissions haven't been an issue at all this DECADE. Stay wrong and uninformed

Corvette fangirls btfo

>gtr
paper mache transmission and no warranty

At least it can do more than 6 miles without exploding

>that memeball

KEK

nice race car, sadly nissan racecars are faster

>Premium trim 2009: $69000
>Nismo trim 2017 (they got rid of the base model and called the base model premium, for the jewbucks): $179000

You try and you try but try as you might you're still wrong about your Datsun.

You're right. It can't even do 10 meters. Launching is what kills the gearbox.

the gearboxes haven't been an issue since 2009 you faggot

The gearboxes weren't changed. The launch control was. The gearboxes have the same issues as they did before they just don't present as clearly. The clutches and bearings still fail prematurely, the thing just doesn't blow up as spectacularly anymore.

The NISMO isn't the base model
Its like saying huur the c6 z51 cost xxx but the c7 z06 now costs yyy

>the clutches still fail prematurely
Stock they can handle 900whp
the clutches are fine

>72
>02
>looks towards right
REEEEEEEEEEE

The gear boxes were changed but only slightly in 2012. Nissan increase the oil passages size to reduce heat and extend the service intervals. The pre 2012 boxes needed an oil change every 18k miles while the post 2012 boxes got bumped up to 36k miles. Nissan also updated the valve body in the 2012 to fix a manufacturer defect that caused the values to rotate and the sensors to lose track of them. Finally the ets unit(awd clutch) was updated so (a) it could be completely disabled at low speeds to help with the turning radius and (b) fix an issue with the thrust bearing/locking mechanism that could cause it to lock up and fail. To my knowledge there was no changes to the gear sets or clutches for any of the years.

The early issues with launch control was more related to the ets unit failing than the actual transmission but since those units are linked so when the ets fails it can snap the input shaft in the transmission and kill every thing else in there.

yeah lol

signs your game may be made by a weeaboo

The GTR is ugly, heavy and handles like a pig.

topgear.com/car-news/top-gear-magazine/top-gear-chats-mizuno-san-mr-gt-r

>spirit of takumi overflows the GT-R

Although I appreciate the well structured and possibly accurate response..

I'd just like to point out that it still took them 3 years to bother with anything, while you autists are still bitching about gm's overheating issues that were solved within the model year.

You know, for fair comparison, as we do here.

So can my ford focus. Doesn't mean it handles it well, or for very long.

Where did I say it was the base model? I specifically said it was the new premium trim. In what world does a base model corvette cost 70-80k?

Use someone else's brain if yours refuses to work.

>Were solved within the model year

Citation needed

I can edit too!

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevrolet_Corvette_(C7)#2015_Corvette_Z06.2C_Z07_performance_package
>2015

>thetruthaboutcars.com/2016/07/chevrolet-rolls-overheating-fix-corvette-z06s/
>jalopnik.com/looks-like-chevy-is-fixing-the-corvette-z06s-cooling-pr-1784072034
>2016

Better?

but the C6 ZR1 was faster than the R35 when both were released, so actually
>its as if you bragged with release GT-R R35 about defeating tuned Corvette C5.
is basically what's happening