Is it possible to turn a 4-door 4-window sedan into a 2-door 2-window coupe?

Is it possible to turn a 4-door 4-window sedan into a 2-door 2-window coupe?

How much would it cost?

Other urls found in this thread:

ls1tech.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-2004-2007-gen-i/1856023-v1-awd-2-door-success.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Is it possible to turn a 4-door 4-window sedan into a 2-door 2-window coupe?
With enough money, sure.

>How much would it cost?
More than you can afford, pal.

How much are we looking at?

If going unibody, you have to make your own frame. The car is the structure itself so cutting it weakens the whole thing. A Panther would be the cheapest to make a coupe out of since coupes did exist and they shared the same frame underneath.

ls1tech.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-2004-2007-gen-i/1856023-v1-awd-2-door-success.html

More than you can afford, pal.

more than you can afford......Pal

Just remove the rear doors. Viola.

Depends on whether you just want to weld the rear doors shut and remove the door handles or want to go for a literal "Coupé" by cutting the frame, shortening the wheelbase, removing the b pillar and/or rear seats, etc.
It's not impossible, but unless you have a team of engineers and mechanics at your disposal and way more money than it would cost to just buy a regular coupe it's just gonna be a half-assed death trap project money pit.

As said: It's all about the frame with anything remotely modern.
Cutting, welding, bending, anything you do to the frame will have immediate effects on either the stability or the rigidity. That's also the reason why you can't just cut the roof of a car and make it a convertible without reinforcing the underside (especially when it comes to sports cars). So even if that Coupé of yours was somehow not to fall apart (and approved for being road legal) it would still wobble all over the place without a proper chassis/frame job.

more expensive than a coupe.
Probably more expensive than a brand new coupe if done properly.

sure, make your own ute mate

More than he can afford pal

Close to 100k

It's been done on fleetwood, town car, charger(before challenger came out).

This is wrong.

Yes, you can do it. Some kid around me changed a 4 door jetta into a 2 door left hand drive jetta and it took about $25k for all the body work, paint, and parts. It isn't half assed either. It looks like a real off of the production line car.

Christ that is so retarded. You have nothing better to do with your money than to subtract doors? What are you trying to gain from this? Do you not realize you could just buy coupe for a fraction of the cost to make one?

this

its ricer logic.
this board is full of them

>ricer logic
I don't think you know how to use that word. :^)

>Is it possible to turn a 4-door 4-window sedan into a 2-door 2-window coupe?
yes

>How much would it cost?
your dignity

I'm not wrong. Look up "Topo"

But why would you want to worsen body rigidity?

This should do the trick
2 windows 2 doors
Less than $500 and an afternoon