/sg/ - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. General

BugTrap, CTD, freeze or lockup? Find your crash log.

Check your Documents or game install directories for the xray_[your name]_log file. If you can't find it, look in the location specified at the top of fsgame.ltx. Copy the last few lines from the log and paste them here if you want any help.

>Start guide, beginner tips, and much much more
pastebin.com/FUPEbLiv
>HUD guide, modding basics, mod reviews, and AMK mod guide
docs.google.com/document/d/10yi79NUFhJrFO4hmGeKqaWSw35BJQv0Ve0OK94ioMEw
>Why Complete is bad and you shouldn't play it
pastebin.com/6AtetpMM
>Performance Guides, Steam settings
pastebin.com/nzXEevG7
>Common misconceptions about Shadow of Chernobyl game mechanics
metacognix.com/stlkrsoc/WhatYouKnowThatAintSo.html
>The Zone Manual: Every Mod You'll Ever Need for the True Ukrainian Experience
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=121125400
>Pasta summaries, streamer listing and more
cheeki.violates.me/
>STALKER General Steam Group - Join chat and ask for an invite!
steamcommunity.com/groups/BroZone

Reminder that MS Update KB2670838 breaks your DX10/11 games including Clear Sky and Call of Pripyat.
Here's a possible fix: mega.nz/#!LAAXlaIZ!uVbJ-gsIPm8Sn2ydh7btI_3VK7Mfr41qoO2L6M7FZfQ

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.co.nz/#F!R5tnxQab!u1LS76bEVBuIrAZw6Py_3A
mega.co.nz/#F!NoVzUJLZ!g4Qdy88rL3BG7WTlNXsGOw
mega.co.nz/#F!58lwDISQ!P-UNABvTEA7km2fLUIAU7A
mega.co.nz/#F!Ql5CSLxb!gNkfqg-xAUfYezLuMaFtYQ
mega.co.nz/#F!M4BmDRCL!vfze70GSJDyv-HzWn7Dwww
mega.co.nz/#F!V5hBzKab!wF7fgX6m5Tq29B_m5EX69g
mega.co.nz/#F!kFtnBTSb!K-RlA1TVxlJGl86yE1c6fw
mega.co.nz/#F!nJEUgaKS!UdZXAwzMWmtjwfn_dFM3dg
gist.github.com/v1ld/1b019056471abcec23c2efdd5d3ef6d8
gist.github.com/v1ld/786a2b61296273dac2fe5aeba858b1a7
mega.nz/#F!Z01CVQgZ!kzFOBdGnnehBSk1OUQm6PQ
mega.nz/#F!O0hSmBAT!0u8yH2lQc-7Q3-yN6phXhQ
bitbucket.org/revo_lucas/
mega.nz/#!uoYinJ7I!Lqj2DNIAkaVkcFUa1PLZzj80cVhAFK5D-9zbU2Iy5KI
mediafire.com/download/6644yv6xekn73rr/Codebro's 1.0008b Fix 1.zip
pastebin.com/CtQ7zfkA
mega.co.nz/#F!BIISmQgK!KHZR01ljznUqJlcHUax-aQ
gsc-game.com/main.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr2&thm_id=23321&sec_id=22
datafilehost.com/d/844bbb9c
pastebin.com/pk3W71Tp
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Mods and Repositories | Often out of date; use only as a last resort!

>Shadow of Chernobyl
mega.co.nz/#F!R5tnxQab!u1LS76bEVBuIrAZw6Py_3A
>Clear Sky
mega.co.nz/#F!NoVzUJLZ!g4Qdy88rL3BG7WTlNXsGOw
>Call of Pripyat
mega.co.nz/#F!58lwDISQ!P-UNABvTEA7km2fLUIAU7A
>Game Repacks + Modding Tools
mega.co.nz/#F!Ql5CSLxb!gNkfqg-xAUfYezLuMaFtYQ
>Downgrade Patches (drag-and-drop)
mega.co.nz/#F!M4BmDRCL!vfze70GSJDyv-HzWn7Dwww
>Unpacked Gamedata + GSC Backup HDD assets
mega.co.nz/#F!V5hBzKab!wF7fgX6m5Tq29B_m5EX69g
>Old Builds (dated from June 1st, 2002)
mega.co.nz/#F!kFtnBTSb!K-RlA1TVxlJGl86yE1c6fw

>Lost Alpha
mega.co.nz/#F!nJEUgaKS!UdZXAwzMWmtjwfn_dFM3dg
>Oblivion Lost Remake
gist.github.com/v1ld/1b019056471abcec23c2efdd5d3ef6d8
>Joint Pak 2
gist.github.com/v1ld/786a2b61296273dac2fe5aeba858b1a7

>Call of Chernobyl
mega.nz/#F!Z01CVQgZ!kzFOBdGnnehBSk1OUQm6PQ
>Weapon Soup for CoC Repo
mega.nz/#F!O0hSmBAT!0u8yH2lQc-7Q3-yN6phXhQ
>Call of Chernobyl/Warfare Bitbucket repository
bitbucket.org/revo_lucas/
>Don't have Call of Pripyat but want to play Call of Chernobyl?
mega.nz/#!uoYinJ7I!Lqj2DNIAkaVkcFUa1PLZzj80cVhAFK5D-9zbU2Iy5KI

>Codebro's 1.0008 Patch for SoC - enter "menu_fps_cap 0" in the console to prevent crashes.
mediafire.com/download/6644yv6xekn73rr/Codebro's 1.0008b Fix 1.zip
pastebin.com/CtQ7zfkA

>Xetrill's Modified LuaJIT for CS/CoP - improves performance, especially in script-heavy mods.
mega.co.nz/#F!BIISmQgK!KHZR01ljznUqJlcHUax-aQ
gsc-game.com/main.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr2&thm_id=23321&sec_id=22

Previous Thread

FIRST FOR DUTY

First for Gardeposting!

Dutyfags belong in oven.

noo

>not joining the military instead

My Duty colleague once told me "Heт лyчшe влaгaлищa, чeм oчкo тoвapищa.", which roughly means "The best pussy is the boipussi".

Any news on the coop/online mod?

What vodka does /sg/ drink while playing?

Put in Ka

apple juice

I stopped drinking because the last time I did it I got too lewd with someone I knew

Beautiful words, user.

post the story, pussyboy

I have insomnia and amnesia when I drink a lot of liquor. I black out and wake up with no clue of what I did.

not much to say, i got drunk on bodka and i ended up showing a guy too much skin. next day he got too flirty and it kinda went down this weird rabbit hole until i decided to cut contact

i only get 3 hours of sleep so i consider getting black out drunk to make the pain go away, but i always decide against it.

>i only get 3 hours of sleep so i consider getting black out drunk to make the pain go away, but i always decide against it.
It doesn't work, at least for me, it always makes me sleep less, even though when I have serious insomnia I really do want to drink to the point where I can black out because it's an easy way to fall asleep.

For instance, I don't really get drunk off of beer, but beer makes me tired if I drink enough of it, but it fucks up my sleep schedule, so when I wake up in the middle of the night I have to take sedatives to go back to sleep. It's usually why I avoid having more than 3 or 4 drinks in the day, around lunch and dinner time.

faggot or roastie?

i see, one day i'm going to have to put it to the test.. but spending money on alcohol is such an unappealing idea

>implying women exist
ay lmao i'm a faggot

ayyy irradiated boipucci

I want to hold your hand and pat your head and then raid some freedom bases

>thinking women browse this board.

This game doesn't even have female characters man, and I feel bad for any chick that comes here because she gets hit on by 50 neckbeards the moment she so much as implicates she's female.

I used to read this comic ages ago, I had no idea it was even set in Northampton.

Real Stalkers drink Orange juice, gotta get that vitamin C in the zone.

just because it doesn't have female characters doesn't mean they can't enjoy it. but yea, i have yet to meet a grill who likes stalker. Stalker is the epitome of manliness.

>I feel bad for any chick that comes here because she gets hit on by 50 neckbeards the moment she so much as implicates she's female.
i haven't seen pussy in like 5 years but that's just pathetic

yeah cool stuff also found this game crack very useful datafilehost.com/d/844bbb9c

>that friend that dropped you for chasing girls the instant they hinted at anything

you don't have to be a girl to get hit on here

>get kinda drunk on belgian beer
>shitpost on /sg/
Such is friday night i suppose

the zone is a sausagefest. how often does duty hold gay roman-esque bathhouse orgies?

I heard a rumor the repo user is female

>but yea, i have yet to meet a grill who likes stalker. Stalker is the epitome of manliness.
I always thought that GSC could get away with making some of scientists as female characters, since their suits avoid the anatomical and animation issues involving women, and that women in science are often biologists and ecologists.

I think that GSC was shrewd in avoiding portraying women in the Zone altogether, because if they had, they might have done so in a way that would have engendered the ire of opportunists like Anita Sarkeesian, It's sexist for them to not have women in the Zone, but not nearly as sexist as it would be to have them there and objectify them.

from my recent memory, there was one grill praising the CoM dev in the Russian /sg/ with a torso picture (not naked/lewd or anything)
the post was deleted afterwards though

I'm not surprised, I've dated a couple of chicks who have admitted to browsing Veeky Forums, in fact, I got here because of it, and have been able to spot it in ones who've hinted at it.

Women and just as perverted and screwed up as men are, they belong here too.

Even ecofags are operating in an area that is more dangerous than an active warzone, and women have no place in a warzone.

Rumor is repo user is a female.

That's bullshit, women have served in war for decades. It's not war that women are afraid of, it's anarchy.

Women could very well work in the Zone as scientists, because scientists work under the protection of the military, but anything beyond that would be absolute hell for them.

>rumor
i.e. bullshit

here i'm starting a new rumor that fatalfunnel is a female until he timestamps his cock as evidence.

t. duty

Just a rumor desu
Cant be proven nor disproven
Wouldnt even change anything for anyone except some white knight weirdos

you're a girl????

>Rumor is repo user is a female.
There have been mod programmers who were female too.

I'm not talking about mods, I'm talking about the culture of Veeky Forums being hostile to women being open with their identity as women.

Only faggot weirdos or autists who got rejected by women act that way
Sadly they are the vocal minority in every community

>That's bullshit
It's really not.
>women have served in war for decades
Non-combat support roles, i.e. fobbits, which is more about the retarded tooth to tail ratio the US military has versus more competent outfits than women being suited for active duty.
>It's not war that women are afraid of, it's anarchy
Oh jeeze. I know you're a socially liberal, drug abusing musician, but you don't need to white knight here. Come on, man.
>Women could very well work in the Zone as scientists
Where? Because both the Yantar and Jupiter bunker are under constant siege, and time and time again women have proven to be a liability when they end up in a combat situation.

>the culture of Veeky Forums being hostile to women being open with their identity as women
That's a rejection of the pussy pass, nothing more, nothing less.

Eh, fox and grapes.

t. roastie

No vodka, rum only.

whiskey and coffee

we have xStream (Ivan - Anya) here in Russia
he ((she(he)she)) is a great coder

Considering the kind of scum that ends up in the Zone, I doubt any woman would willingly end up in the Zone. I don't know if the Ukrainian military accepts women in active combat roles but i know the Soviets used wymins at a point, though I am not certain if the Russian Federation accepts women in their forces.

Would women really be in the Zone? Think about how people end up in there, either because they want to get rich or because they are criminals. And would the Ecologists take any women to work as scientists? I'm sure they'd have the hindsight to foresee how they would become even more of a target if they hold the only pussy inside the Zone?

Dont know the meaning of that
Whats it mean in this context?

>they act as if women know when they are posting shit about them online

You do realize those people only hang out on /soc/, right? And you wouldn't want anything to do with those kind of women anyway.

can't get the pussy? hate the pussy

The fox and the grapes story. He's implying that the only people who hate women are the ones who have been rejected by one.

>5 12% beers deep playing slavmods
So this is the true russian experience huh

Aight yea i see it now
Guess that doesnt entirely apply vut largely?

I was thinking of this coder in particular.

>Non-combat support roles, i.e. fobbits, which is more about the retarded tooth to tail ratio the US military has versus more competent outfits than women being suited for active duty.

I wasn't thinking of the US military, I was thinking of the Soviet military during WWII, where women served in combat roles as snipers, tank crews, and pilots.

>Oh jeeze. I know you're a socially liberal, drug abusing musician, but you don't need to white knight here. Come on, man.

Thank you for the laff. I appreciate it, I really do.

I don't think any woman in their right mind would go into the Zone the same way that a stalker would. Women would likely only work as researchers, ensuring that they are under the protection of a scientist bunker and the military.

It's not so far-fetched, there are many women scientists and journalists who do risk their lives in war zones and other hostile environments.

user please

i actually like the girl hating meme but some anons really hate them

>2017
>Still falling for the vaginal jew

Women wouldn't enter the Zone as free agents largely because they run the huge risk of being raped to death.

I'm not even kidding, there's a BIG issue with intermingling men and women in, for example, prisons - to the point that nobody fucking does it anymore. Almost everyone in the Zone is a career criminal or has the mindset of one with no fear of legal reprisal, it would be suicidal for any woman to try and enter the Zone even as an attempt to be hurr durr stronk wymyn.

>Considering the kind of scum that ends up in the Zone
I'm not 100% clear on this from a lore perspective, but what percent of people in the zone would you say are criminals versus treasure hunters/adventurers? I know a lot of characters hint at backstories like they fled and this was the only place they had to go, but surely most stalkers would be there to make money since I imagine in the STALKER universe there would be a kind of gold rush for artifacts.
>I doubt any woman would willingly end up in the Zone
There would be a massive demand for warm, wet holes that aren't attached to men (sorry duty) so surely the local economy could support prostitution in the more secure areas like rostok or yanov station.

>I was thinking of the Soviet military during WWII
Oh come on now, THAT's your example of women in combat? At a time where they were just throwing men into the meatgrinder and you had psychotic NKVD personnel who would put a bullet in your head if you didn't charge a machinegun nest? Might as well use the DPRC as a shining example for why children are fit to serve in combat.
>Thank you for the laff
Always glad to serve.

That's what happens when little white boys grow up being told that they're worse than Hitler and responsible for all of the ills in the world because of their skin color and what's swinging between their legs.

>start /sg/
>get women hating

Wait.
Are you implying transgender?

i don't hate women, user.

This
Even in such a pretend-well-ordered place at US military, there is too much unwanted attention by the dick. It just comes with the territory.

>what percent of people in the zone would you say are criminals versus treasure hunters/adventurers?
100%, entering or exiting the Zone is illegal

As for who is/isn't a CAREER criminal, probably an even 60/40 split. Duty is ex-military so presumably they're mostly clean, but the Mercs, Bandits, many Loners, etc are multiple offense felons or worse. Probably a decent number of terrorists/"activists" in Freedom too.
Very few people enter the Zone to dick around. It is primarily a treasure hunt, and a last-ditch one for many involved at that.

CoC(k) 1.5 should have a women faction. Only women are allowed to join, and they inhabit only the easy parts of the zone like the Cordon, Great Swamps, and their main base is in the Darkscape. They would be friendly to all factions except dooty because they're a bunch of homos who hate women :^)

>you'll never get ravaged by a pack of bandits
why live

I don't think anyone but the dutyfags who hated women so much they switched to team boipussy unironically hate women.

That's gay, user.

I like that you're making a somewhat rational post ITT, but the one thing that you're neglecting is that GSC used the Zone itself as a surrogate for women, this goes back to the Tarkovsky movie, where the stalker's wife questions his visits to the Zone as if equating it to infidelity.

To expand this further, the Zone's emissions would likely affect women far more than it would affect men. This is at least as much as how I have interpreted GSC's standing with women and the Zone, that the feminine character of the Zone affects women more harshly than men.

The photo looks familiar. Was it from Bespredel?

"Women in combat roles" is just a sexual/feminist fetish peddled by the Clintonite coalition of the fringe interests, being sold to the public under "good ideas in gender equality". No-one in the real world is being helped by any of that.

no yes

>as a surrogate for women, this goes back to the Tarkovsky movie
You know, I've never actually seen the movie (or read roadside picnic). I should probably do both sometime.

I really don't know user.

Interesting angle.

roasties =/= women

Is that a Misery 2.2 teaser picture? I see they added Gonta interacting with Crab. For immersion reasons probably, dunno.

My point is that the world of mercs / treasure hunters / criminals that end up in the Zone are very misogynistic, so the probability that one would end up in the Zone through those means is pretty much null.

Regarding reporters, I don't think we had any male or female war correspondents end up in the Zone, with good reason too. Researchers though, as I said, ecologists wouldn't want anyone else to know that they have a woman in their bunker, otherwise they'd be even more a target by bandits or anyone that wanted the bad pussy. I doubt there would be any prostitutes since they'd have to get themselves and the money out of the Zone, and for that they'd either need a pimp, or know how to be super-duper-cool-badass stalkers in addition to their prostitution skills and if that was the case I'm pretty sure they'd just stick to being treasure hunters.

No, it's from the Tarkovsky movie (towards the end as Stalker returns and is sick in bed for some reason, being tended by the wife)

"Дaaa. Бaбы этo вooбщe клaccнo... Toлькo тyт им нe мecтo!.. Heee. He мecтo oднoзнaчнo..."
"Yeah, women is a good stuff...But they have no place in here!...Noooo. No place..."

"Щac, щac. Eщe нeмнoгo и... Mммope. Coлнцe. Яхтa! Кaньяк шштyк зa дecять бaкcoв! Фффф. Teлoчки caмыe дopoгиe."
"Now, now. A bit more and... A sea. The Sun! A yacht! A 10k worth brandy! Mmmgh. The most expensive chicks."

>Interesting angle.
I've always seen it that if women were actually in the Zone, they'd probably be a character like a medic in a scientist bunker, and even there they would have an inexplicable dislike of the Zone, especially during emissions, as Sakharov mentioned that emissions affected everyone psychically, though it would affect women more than men due the Zone's aforementioned feminine character.

Thanks for the genuine answer for the sarcastic question.

pastebin.com/pk3W71Tp

Just started on CoC and got a crash right after changing levels. Kill a psydog and when I got close it crashed.

Did you install CoC inside your Call of Pripyat folder?

>playing CoC with AO3
>in Dead City, Hear gunshots, run out to investigate
>See 2 bandits near building across from merc base
>kill both, loot one, vodka & a broken AKM, Almost leave with out looting the other because shitty gear
>Change my mind because I need VOG grenades, Check second corpse
>HOLY SHIT
>Bandit was carrying 390kg of High tier rifles most in decent condition, multiple PKM's, HK417's, M60's, SCARS
>Take all since merc cunts behind me want to loot, cant move since i now weigh 440kg total
>Drop a backpack stash, transfer fucking everything to it
>spend the next hour ferrying guns back to the merc base, using repair kits & selling the lot

TFW I made 430,000 roubles off the mysterious Bandit Weightlifting God of the Zone.

No it's in its own folder. I don't even have CoP installed right now.

shouldve taken a screenshot

I saved the game when I found the corpse. I'll do a screenshot shortly.

>'hey dude steal this briefcase from tbe military checkpoint but don't get detected or things could get ugly'
>ok
>get detected
>save game
>there's a Hind and a BMP waiting for me outside
welp

Did I do it wrong?

just knife them bro :)

knife the bmp in the butt it dies and use your ak to kill hind

Same thing happened to me a few months ago, during one of my ironmeme runs. The guy had multiple hi-end gats on him.

literally this guy

>soviet engineering

I got a mission from Sid to kill Nimble in OGSE, should I do it? Are there any consequences?

Yes goy, kill your fellow stalker!

|
>
|
|

I used to have a similar webm I made while playing OLR2.5 where I did that, thought I was the fucking shit, and it exploded not two seconds later