Had a volkswagon for a week so far. Might already have electrical issues

Had a volkswagon for a week so far. Might already have electrical issues.
>2007 Passat
>Parked it last night
>Showing the passenger all the random electric shit the car doesn't need
>Click the electric parking brake on
>Click again
>Doesn't turn off
I might be screwed now
I looked up the parking brake thing to see what might have caused it and it might just be that it doesn't turn off if your door is open or seat belts aren't fastened. We were parked so my seat belt was off. It was beeping so I clicked the seat belt thing so I don't think that's why. I know I opened my door before that but I think I closed it but I'm not 100%. I won't be able to get to the car for a few hours so I have to wait and see. If it's not those things then I'm fucked right?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kd8-GyeuSXM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

wtf why is it electric? for what purpose?

They like making things overly complicated. It's just a little button

thats scary

Yeah I think I read something about how it stops the engine also or something idk.
It's an auto so I don't really need the brake anyway

>2007
>electric parking break
this must be something that they discontinued as I've got a 2016 VW and it does not have an electric parking break.

It's a VW. If its a problem...its likely electrical. All of mine had one at some point.

My dad has an 07 passat with the electric parking brake. It never worked even when he bought it new. Apparently happens to like every single car.

The hitch with his though is that it's a manual.

Just look it up on some VW forums, his locked up and he was able to disable it, then he just didn't touch it from there on.

It's fixable.

The problem is I don't have a garage and its snowing.
I'm going out soon to check it out

Crap. It won't even move at all. And the lot I'm in is only open for the weekend so I need to move it tonight.

Cuck'swagon reliability

>buying a german car
You played yourself OP

>electric parking brake

>electric parking brake
Who thought this was a good idea? I guess burgersharts needed more room for Big Gulps.

Trade it in for an Accord.

you have to pull that button to engage and press to disengage retard

You need to depress the brake pedal and then push down on the button

This.

2013 Tiguan to vouch.

German """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""engineering""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Smh just look it up on a forum already, stop asking Veeky Forums

>volkswagen
>literally car with demons

youtube.com/watch?v=kd8-GyeuSXM

Yeah know

Quake II

Hey OP, i have an 08 passat. I also had the exact same problem with the Electronic Parking Brake switch.

You need a new/used switch. They shit themselves cause VW suck at electronics.. About $40 and it will be fine again.

Also just try moving forwards while the brake is still on, it has an "emergency" function that disengagaes the brake if you try and drive with it on.

Best of luck

OK everyone, I unplugged the battery and plugged it back in and everything is fine now