/twg/ - Total War General

FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed)

>Warhammer introduction to MP Lords and Heroes
pastebin.com/hPkPujTB (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed)
To update: Never pick anything other than Morghur as Beastmen.
Necromancer heroes are top pick right now while raise dead is still broken as fuck.

>Empty Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>ACTUAL Total War News
!
!
If you've been living under a rock these past few months, Shortbrindal is free now.
Waiting for Bretonnia (Late Feb, stop asking, previews and shit should be mid Feb)
!
We have battle map creating tools now. Only land battles and only for custom/custom mp games. Siege battles may be a possibility in the future but they're practically covering their ears and screeching at any mention of using modded maps to improve the campaign.
!
!

Mods -- twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications
>Recent
Update Info -- wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_WARHAMMER_Update_5
>Recent
DLC (good goy) -- store.steampowered.com/app/534331

Suggested Mod Pack (You can pick and choose from the list, Suggested by user):
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=817040576

NECESSARY Mod Packs
steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198005554297/myworkshopfiles/

We wuz n shiiiet.

Other urls found in this thread:

humblebundle.com/monthly
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'm going to post it in a reply to keep it out of the OP because some people skim right over it, but Total Warhammer is $12 for the next 29 days, if you've been waiting for a big sale to buy it.

humblebundle.com/monthly

REMEMBER, NO FUCKING BOII IN THIS FUCKING THREAD.

Niggers

My enemies are many, my equals are none

In the shade of living trees they said Athel Loren could never be conquered

In the land of vampires and necromancers, they said Sylvania could never be humbled

In the realm of chaos and snow, they said Norsca could never be tamed

Now they say nothing, they fear me, like a force of nature, a dealer in thunder and death

I say, I am Franz! I am Prince and Emperor!

t.White man

so this is the power of the shogun... military ruler of all japan....

Xth for feet.

*tips sallet*

Rejoice! For a Knight of Bretonnia provides your shield.

> tfw you bought the game and Beastie Boys on sale through GMG before they even release
> still get the Chaos Warriors for free even though they're shit
> pre-order the Wood Elves and lords packs so I get a discount on those even though they're worth their asking prices
> good consumerism (read: good goyism) has contributed to CA being allowed to add more content into the other two major installments
> get all of this by sparing a few Arby's lunches
Absolutely sublime.

>Wood Elves don't have black eyeballs
>Wood Elves don't have pale skin
>Wood Elves don't have Irish accents

Unforgivable.

I want to be dominated by a best elf!

Rank the total war titles in order.

Attila
Shogun 2
Warhammer
Rome 1
Med 2
Napoon
Rome 2
Empire

>no shogun 1 and medieval 1

>REMEMBER, NO FUCKING BOII IN THIS FUCKING THREAD.

This.

I WANT TO FIGHT SOME GERMANS YOU GALLIC FUCKS. STOP KILLING THEM OFF.

I only play warhams, nerd

Why are the buildings in Charlemagne so fucked

They dont hold up so they are both last :)

If you want to fight Germans, just play Attila.

just started a greenskin campaign, brand new to this game
I accidentally razed Iron Rock instead of occupying it as requested by a mission, what do?

I do that. It's just more fun to play as rome in rome 2 I guess.

Attila
Shogun 2
M2TW
RTW
R2TW
Napoleon
Empire

Colonize it with a smaller army. It wall take half the "men" of each unit in your army. Don't use your big army because you need to show strenght. AI is more likely to declare war on you if your one big army is full of really wounded units in the early game.

>Yari samurai
Why does the AI love them so much? They're trash.

Tilea DLC when?
Estalia DLC when?
Kislev DLC when?
Border Princes DLC when?
Araby DLC when?
Fimir DLC when?
Half-Orc DLC when?
Gnome DLC when?

None of those things have an army book, and what the fuck are half-orc or gnomes in Warhammer.

>doesn't know first edition lore

Embarrassing.

Half orcs are not a thing.

That was when Warhammer was awful. And horribly cheesy.

1st edition is basically dungeons and dragons, the setting is not really the same.

Use Google before you post.

>doesn't want Pygmy DLC

I dont even think they have models.

Google harder. They did.

prove it

Apologize.

No.

Glad that shit was retconned looks like crap :)

>you will never see them charge into battle in glorious HD ultra graphics mode

You'll grow out of it.

>Dindu Tribesmen
>Dindu

Oh my god.

>its an "ikko ikki blob up and survive until realm divide so your conquest of japan is slowed down while you try to purge their peasant cults from the land" campaign

>no (TRUE) (ROMAN) (BREAD) in the (embed)s
Disappointed in you user.

No, it's an you're Otomo chilling on your island while building up the armies when the Date from the other end of the world come out of the fog of war, declare war and drop an army 3 turns of movement behind you.

It's a your military ally declares war on you and moves into your territory the moment you move out of your province episode.

Seriously fuck shogun 2 ai they go out their way to fuck you, thankfully the ai hate is so bad at combat that you can literally just stand in a line and kill each unit 1 by 1 with archers.

since there is no torrent for total war warhammer is it worth to buy the game plus all dlcs?

Do you like total war and warhammer?

If so buy the game, if not do not buy the game.

Its up there as one of the best total war titles, combat is best it's been but campaign map is not as good as Attila or shogun.

its currently 12 dollars, see first post under op

I bought 2 copies as gifts last week for 50 each goddamit

AMBER SPEAR
M
B
E
R

S
P
E
A
R

I like the total war series but I find it kind of hard, maybe because I didn't try hard. About warhammer, a friend told me a bit of the story and I find it pretty cool.

ebin

all the shits going to be in your campaign anyway user regardless if you buy it or not, you just can't ' use' the dlc shit unless you get it.

>attacking a castle manned by gold accuracy bow monks

wew lad

>R$

what country is this ?

Think it is the Brazilian Real symbol.

South Africa I'd guess.

R$ is the Brazilian real.

>not seeing the blatant shoop
Son, you need glasses.

post goblins

> taking a fortress with my musket and bomb and mangonel-based army just as their main army arrives from across their territory

WE IZ _____ _____ ______!

Literally the only good thing about the Chaos campaign is getting to play as Kholek. Everything else is easily the worst out of all the factions. If they're not going to fix it, they should have just stuck to their idea of making them unplayable.

No need to get all the DLC, just get what's interesting for you, everything you don't buy will be on the campaign anyways.

TOMBKANGZ AND SHEIT

added more spook to the map

can you stack the woodelf movement range temples from their major settlements?

>git gud
>at the easiest campaign in the game

??

well this dlc is odd

That isn't VampCounts.

What do now?

secure the isles

Daily reminder that the yellow trees are completely useless and should never be invested in at the beginning
>Magic tree>red tree>blue tree>yellow tree

Conquer your neighbours and form the Kingdom of England. Then to war with charlie.

>secures the sword of a goddess at a young age after his first battle
>leads his men personally in battle, inspiring them to great feats
>exemplary honor
>is so successful in his campaigns that the shogun himself sets all of japan against him, despite the shimazu and ikko ikki being larger clans
>continues to btfo his enemies despite the realm divide
>together with his brother and heir, sweeps across japan in a whirlwind campaign, crushing all those who stand before him
>kills the old shogun in battle, becomes the new shogun
>brings the entirety of japan under his rule

What a beast

If our daimyo is to become shogun, military ruler of all Yamato

Hey

>nippon never

>"isolationist" treefuckers are a greater threat to the world than chaos incarnate

>still no good mod that changes the Empire units not to be so faggoty

is TW:Warhammer worth $12 though?

There's already a no floppy hat mod, though.

yes

Why are Giants so retarded?

Generations of sodomisation by ogres does that to you.

They used to be a high society but the ogres fucked them up and scattered them to the winds. With so few of them left, they descended to inbreeding and became retarded after generations.

Are there any good mods for attila for the vanilla campaign? Just need something to do while waiting for AE.

Already tried radious. It was too easy.

there's europa perdita

it seems like everyone hates the way DLC is being handled though
and with mixed reviews on steam, it's all very disconcerting

the dlc plan is like every total war since empire/napoopan(so jewey as fuck ofc) all dlc shit even if you don't buy it will be in your grand campaign, so only buy what you want to use.

the only mandatory really is blood and gore.

I'd honestly say the steam reviews are from salty faggots, best total war, even if like every game it takes 6 steps forward in a few areas, and 5 back in others.

Most of the mixed reviews come from chaos, something that's considered pretty fucking important for a warhammer game, being preorder content
Its all jewish as fuck but most of it at least feels pretty worthwhile. They're still pumping out the occasional free DLC and Bretonnia's getting a free release soon so that can help you out if you're not willing to pay any more

How is it? Do I need to pair it with FotE?

>How is it?

I have no idea, honestly. I'm doing a campaign with it right now, but I they don't even have a proper changelog so I can't tell the differences with factions I haven't played.

>Do I need to pair it with FotE?
I am, but I'm pretty sure it causes garrison fuckery. EP doesn't change the units at all, I believe.

I play it with EP and FoTE, because they're now built to be played together since EP's last patch. They work pretty seamlessly together, basically DEI lite for Attila.
The only thing I'd recommend is that you get the English names patch for them both, because theres only so much latin names I can take before things start to meld together.

thanks for your thoughts kind anons. this would be the first total war game for me and i was really only considering it because it is based off of warhammer.

IMPERIVM ROMANVM PARS OCCIDENTIS

Does anyone have a Grombrindal code I can have?

Grombrindal is free now user :)

>fags like this now comprise the total war fanbase

fuck off to Veeky Forums please