So if you got your hands on a Datsun B210 would you restore it or just sell it?

So if you got your hands on a Datsun B210 would you restore it or just sell it?

personally I'd sell it and restore something I'd find a little more rewarding once it was complete, something I'd dreamt about owning for a long time.

I love the look of it, never driven one. I heard they were really reliable cars. It's a complete rebuild job though. The owner is offering it for 150, I don't think he realizes how rare these are getting. It's also around the time when Datsun was becoming Nissan I believe.

Restomod the shit out of it, that thing is fucking beautiful

Parts for old Datsuns are hard to impossible to find. Sell that bitch and get something else.

I want to so bad, it's gonna be a lot of work but it will be my baby

Restomod it. She's stunning.

The leaf struts are rusted to hell

Okay user you've convinced me!!!!

they used the A series engine until the mid 90's in the Vanette, Vanette truck, and forklifts. the B210 also shares suspension parts with a lot of other cars and trucks from the Nissan family.

your version of rusted to hell is very very different than mine. Id drive that as a daily, i see nothing at all alarming there. It looks pretty good for a 40 year old car of any sort.

So she is restorable?

more than likely unless the body is shit and hiding a wreck insanely well under bondo.

Some things are going to be shit : the Idle up valve is going to be shot. The motor will need to be taken out and rebuilt if its been sitting much over 10 years if you want to drive it, the carbs most likely also toast.

Its never going to be a fast car, especially with only the 4 speed and it being a pushrod 4 cylinder. Its basically a 1950's era design repackaged. But it should be reliable since that engine was used in commercial vans and trucks, plus forklifts. IIRC the A12 cars could get to 50mpg and the A15 ones still managed to get around 40.

The Australians have done crazy turbo things to the A12-A15 engines (talking 300HP from something that barely made 60 when new)

>leaf springs look amazing
FTFY

Sell it and buy an 810 coupe.

OP
DO IT

How does this make you feel?

You have any idea what the aussies did? Or can I just look it up on YouTube?

they have a number of videos with Sunny's and Datsun utes with massive carbs and turbos. I dont know if they ever showed what specifically was needed to get to that level, but there is no way its reliably for daily duty

I say sr20 or fj20 swap. turbo i4, just newer

Dear God

That's an insanely good condition B210. For $150 you need to at least buy it and resell for $1,500 to someone that wants to truly save it.

No there are plenty of parts, it's just the Datsun guys horde them all thinking they are worth millions. Lots of aftermarket racing stuff for the 510 will be interchangeable. But like any car it will be expensive to fix up right.