Best Car Under $10,000

This thread again:
Cannot be over 20 years old
Cannot be American, unless it has exceptional yuro-nip esque build quality and interior
Cannot be a Miata, I can't fit.
Cannot have high mileage i.e. over 125k
Must be RWD
Must be fun to drive
Must be reliable
Must not be a money pit when properly maintained

Can be any size, shape, whatever. Can be impractical, uncomfortable, etc. 10k USD and fun to drive, mainly this.
Examples to get you thinking are S2000, SW20 MR2 Turbo, and BMW 330 ZHP (muh money pit!!! no, not if you buy one with a good service history and low-ish miles)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/xYsfIYUV4Gk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

04-08 Acura TSX 6MT

02ish Lexus IS300

IS300 is good but I think it's a bit sluggish and boring compared to a 330 ZHP and even a 540i M Sport 6MT

TSX is FWD. The only FWD car I would ever consider owning is a DC2 Integra Type R, which is now becoming impossible to find an un-shitted up one, especially for 10k.
Plus I'll always have to worry about one bad hombre hauling it back to his chop shop to never be found again

cleanest C4 corvette, upgrades with rest

540 is sluggish as fuck when it's not running....pretty quick when it's running. BIL had a six speed. Nice car, but avg of 3,000 in repairs every year over the last 3 years he had it.

Ok, find a GS400/430. Won't be as "fun" as the e39, but it will run without giant repair bills.

>Cannot be over 20 years old

Can't pay in cash huh?

OP just revealed his dermal pigment

He should get a used AMG Benz like an E55

>dermal pigment

tx for the cringe

I really looked at C4s and Foxbodys, but I heard C4s were electrical nightmares and Foxbodys, well the interior is far from european, same goes for the C4.
Can anyone speak on the reliability of C4s?
GSs didn't come with a manual stock, did they? Don't know if I trust someone else's swap project if not.
Nope, just going to be commuting in this and I'd rather be going 80 on the highway every day in something newer.
I only buy cars in cash, don't want to get fucked for life if I crash or fuck up payments.
Considered that but thought it'd be the same story as an E39 540i with maintenance costs.

What about an E36 M3? Are those as unreliable as everyone says?

Not unreliable, just maintenance intensive.

>Cannot be a Miata, I can't fit
>I can't fit

Better than
>Cannot be a Miata, I can't reach the pedals

Whatever makes you feel better.

It's hard being 6'3" and wanting to have my knee not touch the wheel, you can't heel toe like that.

Also, I'm really looking at E36 M3s now, will it be a mistake?
I just want a '99 Estoril Blue with Dove Vaders and 125k miles for $10k man, will maintenance really bankrupt me?

It's okay, OP.

I weigh 165 pounds, so I'm closer to skelly tier than Murica tier.

In fact, I feel like short fatties like yourself would have no real problems fitting in a Miata, there's plenty of room to the sides, for me at least.

6'5" 220 here, my knees hit the wheel in every vehicle I've ever been in.

I feel you, fellow tall bro.
Try a car with a flat bottom steering wheel, it's a life changer. I drove a friends mk7 GTI and even though it was a bit cramped, my knees still didn't touch.

LS1 GTO easily

Msport 540i if you can deal with how ugly it is or LS2 GTO if you live in the south and can get lucky enough. S60R if you can find one that has shocks replaced already

If you think a 6mt 540 is worse in costs than a zhp anything, you're an absolute fucking retard.

Could get a 350Z

>6'3 165 lbs
youtu.be/xYsfIYUV4Gk

Didn't think I would a GTO for 10k
E39 is one of the best looking generations of cars of all time to me.

And yes, ZHP is more reliable/cheaper to maintain than an E39 540i.
The obvious two less cylinders, no timing chain guide problems, not as prominent VANOS problems, no exploding radiator every 50k miles, no $500 door seals that squeak after a few years.
E46 ZHP is not cheap to maintain by any means, but it's definitely better than an E39 540i.
The interior is pretty crappy, also I heard they burn a shit ton of oil (not like the bimmers are any better there.)
agree ;_;

Guys an E36 is becoming more and more tempting...

Would find a GTO for 10k*

I accidentally my sentence

hgfjhgfjhgfjhgfytkuhgjnbjrfd feet

Got GTO confused with G8, which I really can't find for under 10k.
GTO is too ugly for me to own.

Save until you have $20,000
Then buy a clean, low mileage S2000

>20,000 for a 20 year old honda
>20,000 for a honda
yeah naw

Lol ok, have fun blowing 10 grand on a shitheap

I'd rather buy a car in my price range.
And for $20,000, I can think of quite a few better cars than an S2000.
S2K is a very good option for pure driving thrill at around 10k, and a clean one for a collector, investor or real enthusiast at 20K is fine, but not for me as I'll be putting miles on it and thrashing it occasionally.

>GTO
>Ugly

Can't help that shit taste

There's just something about it's overly rounded edges and blandness that puts me off.
I don't like the 4th gen F Body either, but even that is better than a GTO to me.

There isn't a car that exists fitting that requirement user. Not one that is in good condition.

E36 M3 though...
Only questionable things are the reliability, and if they're properly maintained and bought with a good service history they won't be expensive to maintain.

Either agree with me or prove me wrong with evidence/facts to save me from making a mistake

Well especially with used cars you get to pick
cheap
fast
reliable

You can only pick 2 of 3. there is plenty of past evidence of that. I don't like it either because I've been looking forever.

For an E36 M3, 10k is approaching the top end of the market, I'm afraid. So for an E36 M3, that isn't cheap, though it is for cars in general, especially BMW M cars.

I meant prove me wrong on the cost of ownership and reliability of the car.

OP LOOK THIS UP, IT FITS EVERY SINGLE REQUIREMENT:

FORD EXP

Haha I'm impressed you thought of something that fits literally none of them besides price & mileage

When will the BRZ go down to $10k?

05/06 a little spicier but probably out of your price range

You're too ugly to own a GTO.

Go buy a Cobra Mustang like the fag you are.

Stop caring about mileage. You could get a 330ci under 10k. or a mustang gt.

>fun/fast
>reliable
>cheap
Pick two.

>gto
>4000lbs
>275hp
No thanks

Are you retarded?
>3700lbs
>400hp

Depends user. can you work on the car yourself some? or would you have to take it to a BMW service place?

Honestly the best bet I think is to go for dead brands. Consider Pontiac Solstice and the Saturn Sky. You can sometimes find the non-turbo/sc engine versions for under 10k, they're RWD and they look sporty. They're larger than the miata but downside being they're convertible only with shit trunk space.

>cannot be american
don't be a faggot

Also this is all contingent on user not buying a extended warranty for the used car. but if you get a warranty then reliability issue goes down, yes?