Buying a 500 dollar e39 528i

>buying a 500 dollar e39 528i

So there are two of them. One with an overheating issue, one with a blown head gasket, and the other in limp mode.

What could possibly go wrong?
Also where can I buy cheap cars in LA that sorta run and drive for around 500 bucks? Craigslist is full of garbage

3 of them. Not 2

am retarded and retarded enough to even be looking at 500 dollar bmws

>500 bucks in LA

Good luck finding something that will last the week

Avoid head gaskets unless you can do the work.

Limp mode could be as simple as a broken chain position sensor, or as hard as a dead cylinder.

>LA
Nope.

>overheating issue
Check headgasket is still fine. Probably some BMW water pump/radiator/hose fuckery, they're known to have shitty cooling systems. Shouldn't be too hard to fix.

Never really done any hands on work but knowledgeable and I am willing to do it

Is that fine or am I screwed?

I know, but for 500 seems really fishy for a 99 5 series

No.
Unless you have a shop do the head work, and you get autistic about putting it together.
You probably won't be able to block the head back yourself.
You could possibly get a ebay head, but that's probably more then shop work.
Also you might have to drop the engine out to even get the head off.

The major weak point on these is the cooling system, so if you get the first one make sure it hasn't totally cooked and blown the head gasket. They warp very easily if the cook and that is basically game over.

Limp mode should be easy enough to fix, get that one. Besides cooling systems watch for rust

Better off spending 500 on a car with clear issues than 5000 and only find the issue in a couple of months time.

>$500 car in Cali that will work
lel

$500 car is crazy low with the modern market

also, anybody hear from Frosty? He got released from state prison last monday. now he's just under 10 years of probation and will invariably get arrested again.

I got some pics

yeah, those are his mugshots going into MCF St. Cloud. I was just curious if he was shitposting here again or if he has a lick of common sense and finally shut the fuck up.

He will be back hopefully

could be fake but he might be on now:

in my experience, expensive cars with low prices are always money pits. if it was worth fixing the current owner would fix it.

Wow Harry Potter got fat

What weird ass boxer is that where the whole bottom thing comes off?
Also that doesn't even look bad, just turn the crank and replace the rod and bearings, as well as the piston if needed.

damn john lennon looks like that?

>not driving around an unregistered Corvette with a cooler full of weed in the trunk

It's like your not evening trying OP.

Start selling weed now and you'll have a corvette soon

>10 years probation

He will violate and get sent back to prison within 1 year, Screen shot this. I bet every dime I have

Didn't he get his car back too? I hope he had some money buried so he can get back in the game

He got the Corvette back in late 2014/2015 and then stopped driving it, I believe he mentioned at one point that he basically put it in storage at this point with all his legal woes so it wouldn't get seized.

Great reasoning.

They'll never look in a storage unit

Frosty is a criminal grand master as evidenced by his conviction history.

Confirmed he was a bottom in prison

>buying a $500 e39 528i
you mean you're buying a part's car
or you mean you're buying a $7000 e39 528i