An African was the father of Russian literature

>An African was the father of Russian literature

I love little cultural crossovers like this
Like the Japanese in South America or the fact every alphabet on earth shares a common ancestor or how Japan's entire culture was built on adapting stuff from other nations .

Can we an intriguing cultural crosses thread?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bonar_Law
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cochin_Jews
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sogdia
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

he was like 1/8 black

>Like the Japanese in South America

Explain.

Not the OP, but there are tons of Japanese people in South America, especially Brazil. This fact's not well-known by most Westerners.

Napoleon was Italian.

Hitler was Austrian.

Stalin was Georgian.

Greco-Buddhism is pretty interesting

>French lit was also founded by an African.

>The first famous American poet was African American.

Cumskins can't write good themselves.

Don't forget.

Churchill was American

>Wellington was Irish.
>Michael Collins was English.

There was a prime minister of the United Kingdom who was from Canada.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bonar_Law

He's also the only notable person in history to be from New Brunswick.

George Washington, the first president of the US, was actually of English descent.

and not just that,the guy who bring Puskin great grandfather who to Russia is Leo Tolstoy grandfather.

It's funny how two greatest Russian writers ancestors accidently meet each other

The entire central asian region is a huge melting pot since antiquity. So far they have mixed with Indians, Greeks, Chinese, Mongol, Turks, Arabs, Persians, Russians.

Obama is Kenyan

The current British monarch is descended from German royalty. Also, she is married to a Greek. How random is that?

Most of the world leaders are reptiles

There were a lot of Japs that immigrated to the West coast too.

It's not really that impressive. The continent of America received a shit ton of immigrants, even from Asia.

The populations of countries such as Canada, Australia, USA and Ireland still mostly speak English, the language of England.

I fugged a pure blooded japanese argentinian girl one.

Shit was cash

Some Italian foods, like pasta and pizza, are popular in countries as far-flung as Canada, Argentina and New Zealand.

South Africa, despite being located in sub-Saharan Africa, has a significant white minority. The country was even governed by whites until towards the end of the 20th century.

And Boris Johnson is Turkish.

Blacks make up 15% of the population but are responsible for over 50% of the murder rate

>live in Canada
>90% of the pizza restaurants are run by Christian Lebanese pretending to be Italians

Facts are racist. You have to leave.

I think it's down to like 45% on account of Hispanics.

They're always doing the jobs nobody else will.

The Catholic Church, based in the Vatican City in the Italian peninsula, teaches that it is the church of Christ, a Jewish preacher from present-day Israel.

James Bond, a fictional British spy, has been portrayed by an Australian and an Irishman.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cochin_Jews

what?

I didn't know this.

>Julius Caser was Trojan
>King George was a German

underrated

it's probably not a national thing, but in Nova Scotia it's true
>drive by a place called Tony's Pizza
>there's a picture of "Tony" out front
>clearly Levantine, beyond the point that memeing about Italian whiteness would get you to

Only Eurasian logarithmic alphabets share an ancestor, Japanese excluded.

Writing emerged independently in Mesopotamia, China, and Mesoamerica.

Are the pizzas at least any good?

A Japanese dictator ruled Peru for decades

You don't hear about him much because he wasn't a leftist

Tones is a Brit.

What if the socioeconomic history of the slave class is what caused poverty and that in turn caused high crime rates?

I guess it's easier to say niggers r dumb thb

oh they're excellent, it's just funny to see

Is it true Nova Scotia is kind of what the Bible Belt or the Deep South are to the US?

the native americans apparently came from siberia

(not true, by the way)

/pol/ assumes all murders are caused by aggression instead of economics

It's more like 7 percent since its black males between their 20's and probably 50's committing violent crime.

There are more white people living in poverty than blacks, somehow they manage to commit far, far less crime. Just saying.

It's theorized there were several waves of migration out of and back to Africa before anatomically modern humans were the only homo species left and were fully developed, in some cases the people that settled in a given region were descendants from people that left, traveled as far as Asia over time and eventually ended up returning.

The poorest counties in America are all majority white and have violent crime rates so low you have to look at them by 2-3 years to get whole numbers.

Not who you were responding to, but I lived in Nova Scotia for several years.

It's the equivalent to the Deep South in the sense that it's extremely poor and people are vehemently racist. They aren't very religious or right-wing, though.

Thomas the Apostle brought Christianity to India in 52 AD and it evolved there somewhat separately from the rest of Christianity. They're called Nasrani or St. Thomas Christians.

surely you've heard of Alberto Fujimori

Seriously this. How did OP get away with this for so long?

The traditional Arabic narratives about their conquest of Spain may just be flowery homages based on Classical epics like the Aeneid or the Iliad.

the countryside of Nova Scotia is pretty similar to the South culturally (Cajuns are literally from south western Nova Scotia) but Halifax (the capital and half of the population) is more like a poorer Seattle

Not on the scale of Brazil. Brazil has the highest population of Japanese people outside Japan. There's over 1.5 million people of Japanese descent living there now.

Ahmad ibn Fadlan, a 10th century Arab Muslim from Baghdad, is the only witness to ever provide a written account of a Viking chieftan funeral.

It's because Peru is irrelevant idiot.

Why locations of where poor whites and poor blacks live and their history are completely different.

The destructive tendencies of the poor white class are less overt then for blacks or latinos but still heavily damaging to their communities.

I feel like this line of conversation is shitting up the thread but I'm too curious not to ask. What are these less overt destructive tendencies of poor whites? "Less overt" sounds like it'd be substance abuse or poor diet or something but I don't feel like that would affect whites more than blacks.

The South American Japanese stuff intrigues me

right, you being poor since childhood forced you to kill someone for no good reason.

Personal responsibility isn't just a dank meme you know.

>
>Why locations of where poor whites and poor blacks live and their history are completely different.
Yeah, nah. Beyond reflecting regional demographics (ie. Appalachia itself is mostly white so the poor parts as white as well), that's a load of crap. Poor neighborhoods not in areas completely dominated by one race tend to be quite integrated. It's not like on "the Mexican side of town" you're going to find a ton of white people, or you're going to find a ton of blacks in rural KY.

>The destructive tendencies of the poor white class are less overt then for blacks or latinos
No, they just get less time in the limelight for any number of reasons - most notably, probably, being the fact that much poverty among whites is rural (and far away from local TV stations) whereas much poverty among minorities is urban.

My wife and I are white but our son is black

>waaaagh
>muh evil heathen Romans and muh promised land
>goyim are why I can't get laid

Sounds like cuckoldry

Poor whites are more rural then blacks who are much more urban.

I mean less overt I mean mental health issues, drugs, sheer boredom/lack of jobs and the mental health issues that arise from it,infrastructure decay and abandonment by the state and abuse in the family.

There problems affect the poor other races too but it's more tucked away and ignored. Appalachian poverty and other Southern poor areas used to be shown in newspapers and tabloids for shock value frequently in the past but Black poverty got more papers selling (it's also more urban so it has that "it's right beside us!" factor going for it) so the plight of the poor whites class (especially rural) got ignored.

>Black poverty got more papers selling

God damn it why are black people so entertaining?

>mfw my great grandma was a Blackfoot
>mfw according to OP I belong on a reservation

Where my benefits at tho?

B8

Antoine Dodson was telling people that a home invading rapist (that he personally fought off his sister) in the projects is lurking around and to be careful and look how he got meme'd up. It's sounds funny but what he was warning is pretty dark and meme's kinda divorced his genuine warning fomr his message.

The relationship between Sogdians and China is really interesting.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sogdia

They are the original jews, a nation entirely devoted to land trade.

He was a Brit who was born in Canada. At the time it was a British colony anyways, it's like if Hawaii seceded from the US and someone said Obama was no longer American.

But he isn't. XD

austria is german
when will this COMPLETE meme die

>fugged
Why don't you just say "fuck" next time?

My great Grandparents were Christians who came from Lebanon.

Lebanese food is actually really fucking good.

>ywn be able to make rice and beans or cabbage rolls like your grandparents could
Why even live?

Idk why they'd want to imitate Italian food, Lebanese food is better imo.

Yes, because those are the counties that have a population of like 200 people total.

Maybe it's to attract more customers since Italian food has a good reputation in the west. I don't even know what Lebanese food is like or any patterns that it follows.

I'd ask how the the descendants of the Chinese railroad workers have become so much more successful on average.

Is it because they come from a more prosperous part of the world? In that case how come sub Saharan Africa was so shitty in the first place?

There are many poor Chinese though.

Cumskin? More like cuckskin.

What is Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

The sculptures are sick. The realism of the greeks really bring the "mysticism" of the orient down to earth. An interesting combination.

>Lebanese food is actually really fucking good.

I've never agreed more with any statement in the history of the world

My niggas.

>The realism of the greeks really bring the "mysticism" of the orient down to earth.
jfc

>African

True except in the non-Appalaichan part of the rural South, blacks are about half the population in small Southern towns and trailers on backwoods roads off the highway.

>the fact every alphabet on earth shares a common ancestor
This is completely false. The fertile crescent, China, Mesoamerica and North America all had entirely independent written languages form, and Korean was procured and has nothing to do with kanji.

>Japan's entire culture was built on adapting stuff from other nations
Then where did their animism come from? China don't got it, neither does america or germany. They are one of the only animistic agricultural societies on the planet. Japan has a very distinctive culture, they simply borrowed a lot from China like all of China's neighbors, then later borrowed from the west like almost everywhere. If you're making that much of a stretch to say their "entire culture" comes from other nations you could say that for most of the planet. It's such an obscene exaggeration that it's entirely false.

I'm a 1/10 Taino. Can I get in on that too?

"Hay mom I called it a meme again that'll show em!"

>They are one of the only animistic agricultural societies on the planet.
No.

Fucking Insular Southeast Asia is there, especially in the Philippines.

hence, "one of the only"

Yes, because those are the counties that have a population of like 200 people total.

I mean, you could probably say you're native on a college application board and get benefits