Guys I bought a car that doesnt pass smog, I live in california
Wtf do I do?

Other urls found in this thread:

norcalsvtoa.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Move.

see

see: and

fix it you fucking nigger, what do you think this is, china?

California is a shit. The only excuse to live there is if you were born there or have a SAG card.

See ,, and

Its a mustang lx and doesnt pass because of longtubes
Cant I sue the guy I. Bought it from for doing that? He didnt dosclose that it wouldent pass

see: , , , , and

No you dipshit, it's almost obvious it wouldn't pass from the longtubes and unless he said "the car passes smog" then no you can't sue him.

unbolt the exhaust somewhere before where the muffler would be (if there's any bolts at all) and stuff steel wool into the exhaust, loads of it.
If possible, tighten some type of metal clamp just after it incase it wants to blow out (it shouldn't)
You should pass just fine, and when you're done and take the wool out, expect a huge cloud of black smoke

It actually passed the emissions part, it hs 2 catalytic converters
He failed me for tampered and said longtubes are illegal in california

don't be a retard, he won't pass the visual inspection in CA. they wont even test the car once they find out he has longtubes.

longtubes are illegal in commieland?
what the fuck horseshit is that? aren't there a shitload of hotrods there?

very few long tubes are CARB approved

>aren't there a shitload of hotrods there?
ye any car pre 1975 is smog exempt

anything newer 1975 they have strict rules

one way around this is find a ghetto af Mexican shop and pay them to ignore your longtubes

So drive to a shitty area and ask around or switch out the exhaust?

You just gotta go to the Mexican shops and ask. I did that I just asked if he'd pass my car and he was cool with it I never met him before too. Be prepared to pay double the cost of a regular smog check tho. And you're a dumbass op always get a smog cert with the car you buy it's not worth the trouble you're going thru

see:

those are you only options.

you can go to a junkyard get some stock manifolds install them for smog, pass and then put the longtubes back on

unless you live in New England, Pacific North West, Colorado, Florida, or Arizona, You aren't allowed to talk shit about California because you live in an irrelevant state

Didnt think of that, thanks
Not so bad i guess.

When I went to the shop the guy told me I shouldent have bought it wothout knowing and he basically told me I was fucked because it gets reported as tampered.

Dude, I'm from California what part are you in?

I have a mustang which had the same problem, took some time to find someone who would under the table pass the visual check, the thing about most of these cars is they will guaranteed pass the sniffer but visuals is always a red flag. lot of shops do not take the chance anymore, I've had guys do a visual pass for me, while they were nervous as hell, other guys would ask for a 100 upfront, and hide it somehow without openly saying it since they are worried about this shit. These days its even worse, and the price is increasing unless you know people and they can help out. As already mentioned in the thread, long term solution is to remove the long tubes and get some stock manifolds back on, but than you're also messing with the mid pipe, since the length will be different or do what I did, move out of cali :)

In the mean time, join the local crew
norcalsvtoa.com/

Find a car 1975 or older and swap bodies.

Im in orange county/oceanside
I go back and fourth, do you know a shop?

>florida, arizona
>relevant
topkek

You can sue the guy but it will cost more than the car is worth.

Yeah you're right. VA/MD are so irrelevant. They only contain our nation's capital and some of the wealthiest areas in the country.

Ayy same dude

delete that before CARB comes knocking on their door

Arizonan here, your state is complete shit and I want you fucks to stay out of my shitty desert. We're full and we don't want your shitty immigrants either

>implying Mexican cartels aren't sawing people's heads off in Tucson.

At least we can drive our cars lmao

It's your own fault for not having a good emissions guy.

That's not his point user. The states he mentioned are prime califag immigration zones.

DC has one of the best job markets in the country. I think plenty of Californians are bailing out to here. Another unmentioned is Texas.

Thing is, DC was already a liberal hellhole and Texas outside of what, Houston? Has the conservative population to fight back the small amounts of them.

>what is Austin
>what is dallas
These places are getting bigger every passing day, and there both blueish.

>Implying there's anything south of Phoenix

I'm in Virginia which has turned into a blue state in recent elections thanks to the northern population's heavy influence.

Regarding TX, the largest liberal safe haven is Austin.

Oh, and Maryland is full-on libtard infested. I drive to southern MD for the holidays and I swear I'm the only white person on the road. Look around and it's all black people driving financed Mercs or Caddy's.

Are there no lick n' stick places in Cali?

Just ask around for a shop that does them and pay up or find a EZPass shop that doesn't test smog, but passes you anyway.

>inb4 "I don't do that illegal shit lol"

The only logical response to California's rediculous laws is to break them.

Living in VA I had literally never seen black people with luxury cars before in my life, MD was shocking with the amount blacks and their finance mobiles

Cali-fags stay the fuck out of Texas. I swear I will run any car with cali plates off the road.
>be califaggot
>vote for stupid liberal policies that make life hell and expensive
>move to TX becuase you can't afford to live in commiefornia
>vote for the exact same stupid liberal shit

Stfu I live in Texas. It's fine.

Go to a hole in the wall in any one of CA's little Mexicos and throw them an extra $200 to pass it.

It's not fucking rocket sugery, retard.

>very few long tubes are CARB approved

OP's fault for not lowering the car so they can't check underneath.

They'll just jack up your car to check

see
or they just pop the hood and look at the headers