/sg/ - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. General

Your raifu a shit edition

BugTrap, CTD, freeze or lockup? Find your crash log.

Check your Documents or game install directories for the xray_[your name]_log file. If you can't find it, look in the location specified at the top of fsgame.ltx. Copy the last few lines from the log and paste them here if you want any help.

>Start guide, beginner tips, and much much more
pastebin.com/FUPEbLiv
>HUD guide, modding basics, mod reviews, and AMK mod guide
docs.google.com/document/d/10yi79NUFhJrFO4hmGeKqaWSw35BJQv0Ve0OK94ioMEw
>Why Complete is bad and you shouldn't play it
pastebin.com/6AtetpMM
>Performance Guides, Steam settings
pastebin.com/nzXEevG7
>Common misconceptions about Shadow of Chernobyl game mechanics
metacognix.com/stlkrsoc/WhatYouKnowThatAintSo.html
>The Zone Manual: Every Mod You'll Ever Need for the True Ukrainian Experience
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=121125400
>Pasta summaries, streamer listing and more
cheeki.violates.me/
>STALKER General Steam Group - Join chat and ask for an invite!
steamcommunity.com/groups/BroZone

Reminder that MS Update KB2670838 breaks your DX10/11 games including Clear Sky and Call of Pripyat.
Here's a possible fix: mega.nz/#!LAAXlaIZ!uVbJ-gsIPm8Sn2ydh7btI_3VK7Mfr41qoO2L6M7FZfQ

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.co.nz/#F!R5tnxQab!u1LS76bEVBuIrAZw6Py_3A
mega.co.nz/#F!NoVzUJLZ!g4Qdy88rL3BG7WTlNXsGOw
mega.co.nz/#F!58lwDISQ!P-UNABvTEA7km2fLUIAU7A
mega.co.nz/#F!Ql5CSLxb!gNkfqg-xAUfYezLuMaFtYQ
mega.co.nz/#F!M4BmDRCL!vfze70GSJDyv-HzWn7Dwww
mega.co.nz/#F!V5hBzKab!wF7fgX6m5Tq29B_m5EX69g
mega.co.nz/#F!kFtnBTSb!K-RlA1TVxlJGl86yE1c6fw
mega.co.nz/#F!nJEUgaKS!UdZXAwzMWmtjwfn_dFM3dg
gist.github.com/v1ld/1b019056471abcec23c2efdd5d3ef6d8
gist.github.com/v1ld/786a2b61296273dac2fe5aeba858b1a7
mega.nz/#F!Z01CVQgZ!kzFOBdGnnehBSk1OUQm6PQ
mega.nz/#F!O0hSmBAT!0u8yH2lQc-7Q3-yN6phXhQ
bitbucket.org/revo_lucas/
mega.nz/#!uoYinJ7I!Lqj2DNIAkaVkcFUa1PLZzj80cVhAFK5D-9zbU2Iy5KI
mediafire.com/download/6644yv6xekn73rr/Codebro's 1.0008b Fix 1.zip
pastebin.com/CtQ7zfkA
mega.co.nz/#F!BIISmQgK!KHZR01ljznUqJlcHUax-aQ
gsc-game.com/main.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr2&thm_id=23321&sec_id=22
pastebin.com/ts7ciQjt
mega.nz/#!Pgw1iIDR!d_5id82qgqPmFryrFKQ86O1gHIsJv9T25mFFzIg39GI
youtube.com/watch?v=dJ5cNqXgKUo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Mods and Repositories | Often out of date; use only as a last resort!

>Shadow of Chernobyl
mega.co.nz/#F!R5tnxQab!u1LS76bEVBuIrAZw6Py_3A
>Clear Sky
mega.co.nz/#F!NoVzUJLZ!g4Qdy88rL3BG7WTlNXsGOw
>Call of Pripyat
mega.co.nz/#F!58lwDISQ!P-UNABvTEA7km2fLUIAU7A
>Game Repacks + Modding Tools
mega.co.nz/#F!Ql5CSLxb!gNkfqg-xAUfYezLuMaFtYQ
>Downgrade Patches (drag-and-drop)
mega.co.nz/#F!M4BmDRCL!vfze70GSJDyv-HzWn7Dwww
>Unpacked Gamedata + GSC Backup HDD assets
mega.co.nz/#F!V5hBzKab!wF7fgX6m5Tq29B_m5EX69g
>Old Builds (dated from June 1st, 2002)
mega.co.nz/#F!kFtnBTSb!K-RlA1TVxlJGl86yE1c6fw

>Lost Alpha
mega.co.nz/#F!nJEUgaKS!UdZXAwzMWmtjwfn_dFM3dg
>Oblivion Lost Remake
gist.github.com/v1ld/1b019056471abcec23c2efdd5d3ef6d8
>Joint Pak 2
gist.github.com/v1ld/786a2b61296273dac2fe5aeba858b1a7

>Call of Chernobyl
mega.nz/#F!Z01CVQgZ!kzFOBdGnnehBSk1OUQm6PQ
>Weapon Soup for CoC Repo
mega.nz/#F!O0hSmBAT!0u8yH2lQc-7Q3-yN6phXhQ
>Call of Chernobyl/Warfare Bitbucket repository
bitbucket.org/revo_lucas/
>Don't have Call of Pripyat but want to play Call of Chernobyl?
mega.nz/#!uoYinJ7I!Lqj2DNIAkaVkcFUa1PLZzj80cVhAFK5D-9zbU2Iy5KI

>Codebro's 1.0008 Patch for SoC - enter "menu_fps_cap 0" in the console to prevent crashes.
mediafire.com/download/6644yv6xekn73rr/Codebro's 1.0008b Fix 1.zip
pastebin.com/CtQ7zfkA

>Xetrill's Modified LuaJIT for CS/CoP - improves performance, especially in script-heavy mods.
mega.co.nz/#F!BIISmQgK!KHZR01ljznUqJlcHUax-aQ
gsc-game.com/main.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr2&thm_id=23321&sec_id=22

Previous Thread:

I want to fuck that Bizon

First for kill yourself

third for shitposting beaner fuck off

That OP picture holy shit.

Chinese cartoons invading everything

Thread reanimation

how long until the americans wake up?

I will be off to work beating up traitors to the borderlands. Be there when I'm back, thread!

Is that bearded Novorossyia guy?

save

Just woke up.
hello friend.

>Starting with a Toz-34 as a loner in Prypjat
>As soon as im down from building zombies start coming for me, kill 2 with one shot, Toz-34 is love
>Make my way towards Western Prypjat, enter it, get killed by Psy. Underground it is then.

I stealthed my way through the Zombies in the Sewers with a silenced Mp-5, got almost eaten by Rats and now im facing the Snork Army in the Trainyard. This is some intense shit.

Is it possible to continue 'Intermittent psy-emissions' if Topol is dead/missing?

either spawn him through the debug or talk to german. I think you then can hire some doody/freedumb bois

French-sponsored Freedom-chan, let's be friends forever!

What the hell is this shit?!

Third time today I'm doing a clean install of SoC to see if I can get AA2.1 to work finally.

Repo user here.
Are there any weapon packs for CoM 1.0d yet?
I haven't found any.

Also redoing structure for CoM.
Removed old way of installing and just included full installers.

you know what insanity is, right? doing the same thing over and over again, expecting a different result. THIS IS INSANITY!

>chapka-girl without actually chapka

Baby burer? Look out for momma, senpai.

Is that a mutant coming out of that light?

>Are there any weapon packs for CoM 1.0d yet?
nu-uh. you can track them here if you want to: pastebin.com/ts7ciQjt

Don't use the ENB. Post your crash log, man.

Nope. Addons are being really slow to update to it. The xMod guy, Demeyne, said he's going to port weapongulash and rebuild xMod on that. Hopefully for 1.0d.

Also, good on you to include the repacks. May want to keep the 1.0d release as well for the bandwidth challenged, as it's almost half the size of the repack.

user please.
That is Prussian Pickelhaube, modified. Is not chapka.

This is chapka.

This time I was going to try installing AA2.1 with default FoV but I'll choose the alternative to ENB too this time.

I have a pretty good PC and it sucks that it seems I can't use some of the visual enhancements for Stalker.

a disgusting skinned AK-12

controller psi-powers

isnt borman supposed to be releaseing a v 3 version though?

BORMANN IF YOU CAN HEAR ME ADD AEK 973 PLZ

It's not the mod's fault. The Stalker ENB dll hasn't been updated in a long time and Boris is unlikely to any more. So it gets more and more likely to crash over time.

The good news is that you get ambient occlusion and better shadows with the shaders (not ENB, that is). If you want better color with the shaders, edit gamedata/shaders/r2/shadersettings.txt and change the lines that start with

#define SATURATION_FILTER
#define CONTRAST_FILTER

to read

//#define SATURATION_FILTER
//#define CONTRAST_FILTER

and color will be restored. You may like the default AA2 look though.

If you can't get AA2 to run, try AMK Autumn.

MAYBE MAKE A 972 TOO

Great stuff, thanks for the tips. I'll try these when the reinstall of SoC finishes.

user that was modding in numerical displays into CoC, are you around? Would like to have a numeric weapon condition display for CoM where it would be very useful.

are you talking about that screenshot?

Yup. You have those changes to share? Would be really useful.

it's from the fork of CoM, which is NEVER EVER.
misery 2.2 also does similar thing, but with style
you could probably add an unrestricted repair kit with 0 weight that is given to actor from the start, if you want to achieve condition checker-like effect

I haven't seen him in three stalker threads or so. He ded just like werejew and his mods.

he's probably here but he's just tired of us barking requests at him. who could blame him

Ah, bummer. Thanks for the info though.

I know you're being ironic, but I think the CoM fork will be real since Rainford is the real deal.

can someone recommend me a mod for more realistic (higher) weapon damage?

also, what's the closest thing there is to arsenal overhaul for SoC? just looking for better animations/more weapons

Warfighter for CoC maybe?

N.A.M

So if im neutral I cant finish Monolith Survivors quest in CoP right?

you actually can, the wiki is wrong

you have to do all of the trappers quests, all of the ecologists quests, deal with vanos debt, rescue the hostage, kill the chimera, find and deliver magpie to one of the factions and sell morgan's and general tachenko's pda

oh and i forgot to tell you, to whichever faction you deliver magpie that will be the faction that will accept the monolinthians and to get the man of balance you have to go back to zaton and tell that guy what you did with magpie

arsenal mod

>all of the ecologists quests
I kept the artifact for me but if I gave them will I be able to finish the quest.
But look at the quest below?
Will it even work?

>find and deliver magpie to one of the factions
I gave him to the guy that was looking for not the fractions.

>sell morgan's and general tachenko's pda
I sold tachenkos pda to Owl does that count?

the rest are all done

What is happening on your pic?

N.A.M

well you definitely locked yourself out of getting the man of balance achievement but i think you can still stay non affiliated and maybe even complete monolith survivors

try giving morgan's pda to one of the faction leaders and if that doesn't work then try finishing the oasis quest

just don't kill any freedomers when the raid starts, they might randomly turn hostile later on

Alright let me test few things I also found other possible way so let me grab few docs from jupiter and see what happens if I sell them to Freedumb.

>I managed to get them to take in the Monolith squad after giving them the documents from the Jupiter plant, helping Uncle Yar and doing most of the hunting missions for Trapper.

oh yeah, i forgot about that

but then you can't get the information trafficker achievement, eh it's shit anyway

Waifu fags need to die.

>trafficker achievement
I dont care about Owl or the achievements so might as well try this.
And its fucking 1AM,at the fucking Jupiter.

best time to be in the plant imo

How can i get Svarog in CoM? It seems to be impossible to get Veles any way other than buying, let alone Svarog.

How do you guys reach the contents of the white boxes if they're on some shelves? I can just barely climb the shelf but virtually all the good boxes spawn on top of shelves, meaning I have to spend like 5 minutes jumping and collecting.

Someone is checking out the garbage IRL, using a low-cost but robust german-made geiger counter: The "Gamma-Scout" (Mine currently reads: 0.18 micro-Sievert/h)

Not working,
Sold documents to both Freedumb and Duty and finished Oasis quest but I cant get them to take Monolith.
Anyways thanks for helping out.

jumping and mashing F or pushing some boxes to jump on top of to reach the contents.

1 AM you say

Is the bed in the eastern part of Pripyat in CoC glitched? I'm at the laundromat next to them but it's not giving me a 'sleep' prompt.

Hermann.
Be a cool guy who is about science and shit and he will sell it one day.

yes it's fucked

Warfare moddb version was updated to 1.4.22

CoM's traders and economy has been completely overhauled in 1.0d.
Lots of quality of life improvements in 1.0d. Rainford's restored the old CoP display of weapon upgrades. If you want the real, more disappointing to see values as shown in CoC use mega.nz/#!Pgw1iIDR!d_5id82qgqPmFryrFKQ86O1gHIsJv9T25mFFzIg39GI

youtube.com/watch?v=dJ5cNqXgKUo

>CoM's traders and economy has been completely overhauled in 1.0d.

Jesus, I didn't bother trying CoM until the 1.0d repack came out the other day, and you're telling me this economic fuckfest (even compared to actual Misery) is improved over the last version?

>mfw a suppressor is worth less than a fistful of stale bread crumbs

The point is to elongate hobo phase, so enjoy being a hobo senpai. Misery I cannot stomach, so dunno how it compares.

Stashes seem easier in 1.0d than 1.0c. Probably because he pulled all the food so the list of what can spawn is much smaller meaning you get energy drinks out the wazoo now.

I think you misspelled
>supressor is worthless
because it's actually doesn't affect your stealth
also, bread is like 800rub, canned meat is ~1500

Boxes I meant, not stashes. Though stashes seem to be more populated too, but that could just be the rng at work in my game.

You want to buy that Old Meat thing, it seems to have the best bang for the bite literally.

For all the deserved shit it gets, Misery's economy is batshit in a way that at least makes twisted sense by the logic of the madmen that crafted it. CoM thus far seems to be a mix of "just throw massive cost multipliers on everything the player would ever want to buy, and leave all the rewards and artefacts as-is" mixed with "whoops we actually forgot this entire section, maybe we'll get it later".

I don't buy food, it was just the most striking example of senseless pricing that came to mind. Those goddamn things are $800 USD on the lower end and scale well into the 1k range.

I've been subsisting off cooked boar chops and looted food almost exclusively as a holdover habit from too much time spent as sniper in 2.1.1, this seems to not work out as well as it did back then so I might have to consider that.

it's extremely hard to make
-realistic
-fun
-interesting
-complex
-long
-balanced
economy. especially on the old-ass ukrainian game engine with something like stalker in mind

try xMod. you will love the completely unbalanced and realistic fuckfest it has.
this is true. no mods have really met all those points. I'd say Misery somewhat meets the last 3 of them. a lot of technical issues are on the road of such missions.

I remember JP2 having a lot of stuff traded with artifacts and that made it a lot better

I had finally gotten AA2.1 to work, and I was moving around the rookie base. Decided to sprint forward and it crashed once again. I give up.

Can anyone recommend any SoC mod (or compatible mods) that at least change the following:

>weapons (textures, names, etc)
>textures for all environments, structures etc
>weather
>bug fixes if necessary

Thanks.

AA2.1
Try actually reading the instructions and not being retarded this time

it's definitely a good addition. it fits the lore, it can be interesting and it works separately from the generic trading balance, which allows for more flexible tweaking of either economies

Radiophobia, AMK AE.
Just read the installation instruction this time.

Quality Russian engineering

>167509517
>167509375

>just read the installation instructions

lmao

I'm sorry if your mod is just shit Boleslaw, stick to cleaning toilets instead maybe.

Thats actually an immersive detail think about it, the car has been there for a long time and the doors are probably rusted to shit.

Tell me to kill myself lads!

>everyone else installs it and it runs fine
>you fuck it up
>blame the mod
Gee user

you can destroy the BMP if you stab it in the butt so this is pretty normal in slavland

Is playing as the Monos and Bandits in CoCk just as boring as playing with the millitary?

I decided to stop my Clear sky playtrough for a while and chose the military expecting eternal war but all i got was eternal boredom

>that tfw when accidentally speedrunning mods

It doesn't need to kill germans, so no problem if it falls apart.

>dumbfuck can't even quote a post
>plebbit spacing

where does this reddit spacing meme come from?

so you died
but you didn't

Mah honory nigga!
"JJ бы тaк нe пocтyпил!"

People jumping on reddit hate bandwagons.

God forbid people seperate ideas with line breaks instead of typing everything into one wall of text.

hola senor reddito

fucking hell i do it all the time and i never post on reddit

You have to go back.

No, illiterate dipshit, you write paragraphs.

I'm pretty sure there's AO for SoC. The thing is, it's almost impossible to complete the final assault on Chernobyl, because the Monolith guys don't actually spawn until you advance past certain points, and they all have real fuckin' NATO battle rifles.