Why are Americans so bad at operating motor vehicles...

Why are Americans so bad at operating motor vehicles? You can see it in everything from their struggles operating a manual transmission to their "touge" or "Twisties" videos. They ride into trucks on straight roads on motorcycles. They can't work roundabouts. They can't use a clutch. They drive off cliffs. So what's the deal? Why can't Americans drive? Is it a cultural thing?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/V_PRTGj0NSY
youtu.be/-mea8J7OvhI
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_traffic-related_death_rate
youtube.com/watch?v=cpLT1QykKK8
youtube.com/watch?v=sNOJ0R6C88Q
youtube.com/watch?v=w4OaQhyXJMA
youtube.com/watch?v=mFH39T0Z0WI
asaps.it/13972-incroci_stradali__obbligo_di_usare_la_massima_prudenza_nell_approssimarsi_ad_una.html
laleggepertutti.it/131320_chi-ha-la-precedenza-allincrocio-non-ha-sempre-ragione
laleggepertutti.it/59145_incidenti-la-precedenza-allincrocio-non-garantisce-la-ragione
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why are you so interested about what americans are doing?

I like a lot of the cars they build

1/10 I replied

0/10 I didn't

oshit

My theory is that Amerians are simply ahead of everyone else, that is in the fall of the western civilization, specificaly in the ingnorance department.

Almost no american driver/rider learns how to ride a bicycle in traffic, as a weak user of the road you either swiftly learn to interpret other road users' behaviour, how to correctly control your vehicle how to behave in certain road situations (always decelerate at intersections, no matter if you have green light) or you die. And after the bicycle as a kid most of us ride scooters.
They got none of this, they jump on a suv with automatic transmission when they're 18, or whatever the fuck the age is, after a ridiculous license test and that's it, they're good to go (good to crash).

A lot of it is likely cultural as I hinted at in the OP. I'm of the mind that an American in Britain would have just as bad a time of things though because of the anti intellectual culture they're born with. Knowing less than your neighbour is a virtue for whatever reason.

You seem mad
Did one of us bang your oneitis or something? You make this thread alot.
Want to talk about it?

The only anti-intellectual culture here is in the ghetto.

This is the first time I've made this thread. Your projection is interesting though.

Reminder this is where these threads come from

This isn't even the completed collage IIRC but it's what I have on this phone. Commodore was a South American, TV was turbo ed IIRC, as was the shitbox matte black impreza

>europoors justifying using a manual transmission
Some of the fastest autos in the world come from Europe (Mercedes)
I do believe you need to get with the times old chap, manually shifting your gears? Do you make your own butter still? Build your own house? Nope, but somehow around the world there's this strange phenomenae of men thinking being able to move their feet and hands at the same time is a skill worth applauding.
I'm amazed

And here we have counter bait. An enthusiast usually finds a manual transmission car more engaging to drive, some driving like this just isn't as enjoyable to most without a manual.
youtu.be/V_PRTGj0NSY
youtu.be/-mea8J7OvhI

Even Brit/o/ on its own has nice cars, let alone the 3 relevant people in Europe. Try harder

Why do Americans drive like this?

It's fucking dangerous so please stop

This is from a year or so ago. An user wanted pictures of fast cars from Euro autists (yes he made the title wrong) and then Americans followed suit to laugh at him. Euro thread was full of Americans laughing their asses off.
1. I'm fairly certain they tell you not to do this in drivers ed
2. I have never heard of anyone do this outside of left foot braking

>I enjoy moving my arms and legs and the same time
It's cute, I'll give you that. Do you sometimes move your head too?

You move your arms and legs at the same time in an automatic as well. Why am I feeding you replies?

>DUUUUURRRR PPL DUNT LIAK DA SAM THINKS I DOE SO DEY R INTUMLECTUALAY INTFURRIOR
kys autocuck you make Americans look bad

America has 0 cute traps

FWIW I ( ) am an insomniac burger

To answer OPs bait. I, as an American, drive a manual vehicle through twisties all the time. In fact, I'd argue that where I live has better twisties than most of Europe. Not only that, but I also track my car sometimes and have a completed and advanced drivers course. Even so I have no need to hate on Autotragics because unlike you, I'm well endowed enough to not be that insecure.

totally valid technique in racing though (with paddle shifter cars)

Or with 3 pedals or in a single speed kart. In fact that's mandatory in a kart.

Murrican roads are straight and wide with speed limits that, if followed, could not possibly allow you to lose control even if your tires are bald in the winter. You don't have to actually learn to DRIVE to navigate American roads, you merely need to know the basic operations of a car. There are very few twisties and no narrow country lanes with stone walls on either side. Precision isn't a requirement and thus is never learned.

>I make assumptions about other cultures based merely in what i see on Internet videos and memes

I don't pretend it's a skill worth applauding, because I'm a functional human being.
And because you know I'm right.
You're allowed to like things, but when you pretend that being able to control your extremities with some degree of accuracy is a skill worth applauding, then you're an idiot.

Why do you assume anyone treats driving manual as a big deal other than some extreme retards on here? Move foot and pull/push lever, big whoop.

Kid please. Americans are no worse than any other country when it comes to driving. Anywhere in Asia is truly the worst place for drivers. Personally I've been driving for 6 years and never even had a fender bender. We have roundabouts here and never seen a wreck on one of those. If you just watch car crash videos then it may seem like we have more wrecks but that's because we are a huge country and have more cars than you third world Europeans. If you look at Russia they don't really wreck more than other countries they just have more chances than shitty little cuckold Germany.

My driving skills are so fucking top tier I have successfully avoid cops on multiple occasions

>He thinks Americans follow the speed limit
Hoo boy
And also
If you drive a front wheel drive automatic (Majority of drivers) this is the patricians choice of footing. You can stop pretending to know anything about how cars work now. With left foot braking you can quickly do a little stamp before a turn which shifts the weight to the front tires, this prevents under steer and helps with acceleration through the turn. Go back to your cuckshed if you can't use both feet in your car without crashing it.

>Russia

They do

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_traffic-related_death_rate

Usa trading punches with the likes of Uzbekistan, Lithuania, Philippines, Serbia and Azerbaijan.

Lmao. Pathetic.

You read the OP? It's literally about that exact thing.
It is kind of the topic of the thread.

Yeah I don't do that though. I didn't even stall the first time I drove, it ain't that impressive unless you're a girl in the States.

Guarantee you roll to stops in idle you casual septic fuck

Garaunree I can downshift from 5th all the way to first without touching the brakes you virgin neet

sage

Obligatory visual reminders that European cars and drivers are better.

youtube.com/watch?v=cpLT1QykKK8
youtube.com/watch?v=sNOJ0R6C88Q
youtube.com/watch?v=w4OaQhyXJMA
youtube.com/watch?v=mFH39T0Z0WI

Amerifat checking in here I think the reason most of are shit drivers is because we are simply just lazy don't want to grab gears while sitting in the bumper to bumper traffic that plague our cities or really take the time to learn how to drive a good portion of us are very entitled so we think we own the road. But speaking for myself I don't mind a manual transmission owned a few vehicles with them and currently my Camaro and my diesel are stick it just becomes second nature something you don't even think about after awhile. Also some of the people that live outside the US do people panic when it snows ? Where I live it's like armageddon if a snowflake falls and makes the highways a warzone

The problem with left foot braking is that people turn it into a bad habit where their foot is constantly on the left brake to the point where they occasionally accidentally actuate the brake without realizing it. This causes the brake lights to come on and off, making the person behind them wonder what the fuck they're doing, and it also increases break wear.

at least here is not a hate crime like it is in the UK

Maybe if you're a fucking idiot Hillary/EU supporter. Anybody with common sense knows you should only operate one pedal at a time.

All of Europe has already gone off the cliff, if anything Europe is ahead of the curve as far as the fall of the West is concerned.

Could it be that Americans are better at planning their cities and the roads in between?

logically a straight wide road is better than a twisty narrow one.

>always slow down at intersections with green lights
Stopped reading there. Either bait or extremely stupid. You can actually be fined for doing this, even in Syria 2.0.

They keep shitposting about our cars, so this is retaliation.

>Why are Americans so bad at operating motor vehicles?
Because they're gullible and stupid. Same reasons they do everything else wrong.

And yet proves you wrong!
Along with and and with the shitty typing

No. Europe is full of cities that are hundreds to thousands of years old and their city planning and road systems are based on the choices of ancient civilization. They don't knock shit down to widen a road because EVERYTHING has historical significance. America has nothing of comparitive value because we're only 200 years old so we just bulldoze shit if we want a highway somewhere. We also care less about preserving our natural features in mountainous regions, or just have none to navigate around in the desert/plains.

The closest thing America has to European bullshit city roads is Boston. The closest we have to European countryside is the Pacific Northwest

>this is what delusional americans tell to themselves
I said slow down, not go slow, retard, I never respect the limit, unless there's some control device or police.

I really hope this is bait because otherwise it would make Americans do a pretty poor figure.

>he can't into trail braking
See you in my rear view, slowfag

>all Americans see in the OP is "manual transmission"
Pottery

I also said slow down, retard-er. It's something along the lines of "unexpected" or "unwarranted" braking, don't have the law in front of me at the moment, but you can be found at fault if you're rear ended.

>I also said slow down, retard-er
You didn't say anything, mouthbreather.
>It's something along the lines of "unexpected" or "unwarranted" braking
>respecting the limit at intersections will grant you a ticket
Full retard right here.
No one is behind me because I'm not a slowfag.

They have no driver/rider education, so any retard can get a license.

Also it's probably an attitude thing too.

>"mouthbreather"
>"slowfag"
>goalposts moving
>all this damage control
>still objectively wrong

As I said. Bait, or extremely stupid. Either option are working in full force, I'll admit.

If you were speeding and you slow down for a light, you're just breaking the law twice, you're not somehow justified in doing something unexpected and useless. Everybody else is watching the cross traffic and observing around them, and while rear ending you isn't entirely justified simply because they couldn't multi-task, you would still be found partially at fault.

Unless you were doubling the speed limit where it makes a real difference in stopping distance and reaction time, which is clearly not what any of us would have assumed from your statements, slowing down at lights does nobody any good.

>>goalposts moving
Yeah, that's what you did
>b-but you can't decelerate before an intersection!
Not only you can but you're also supposed to, as per the law. You probably believe I mean suddenly braking, given how stupid you are.
>you're just breaking the law twice
Who fucking cares about the law? Respecting the law doesn't make you a good driver. Use common sense.

When you drive you should have an idea about what the vehicle ahead of you is doing all the fucking time, even when you check at an intersection.

From all these things I can tell you are not ready to be road user. Go back to using a bicycle so that natural selection can do its course, because I doubt you would be able to survive.

>They ride into trucks on straight roads on motorcycles
Aside from blindspot fender benders I will never understand how so many wrecks occur on straight non-elevated roads

>"you're supposed to, as per the law"
>"who cares about the law"
>other nonsensical garbage

Kill yourself. I'm sad that I fell for the bait.

People aren't paying enough attention to driving because they're too busy with other things, i.e. being on their phones, screaming at their 2.5 kids in the back, reading a book etc.

Retards on cellphones.

>not only
You shouldn't act in a certain way because of the law, you should act in that way because you believe it's appropriate.
Seriously, having to explain this basic shit is emabrrassing, how stupid can you be?

>America has nothing of value
FTFY.

>always decelerate at intersections, no matter if you have green light
what

>cruise around town at 60kmh
>spot intersection 50m ahead
>decelerate to 40kmh to avoid any accidents
>start cruising at 60kmh after you pass the intersection
>???
>profit

>not worshipping the ground you walk upon because you've been blessed with the skill to move your arms and legs at the same time with accuracy is a sign of an anti-intellectual culture
Literally what?

You think it's appropriate to be changing speeds without reason on streets? Why don't we slow down for laneways, they could have people backing out of them.

Oh, and trees that we pass by. Better slow down to make sure we can avoid them when they fall. Those falling rocks signs? Better get on the brakes. Could he wildlife everywhere, should probably just stick to the bus after all! Driving clearly is only for maniacs.

You have to draw the line and give SOME responsibility to other drivers. I guarantee you, slowing down "to the speed limit" will not protect you from the guy running a red light. It will, however, get your back bumper smashed in. It will also make the person turning on the red think that you're slowing down to also turn, and he'll pull out in front of you. Many reasons why this is a stupid practice, so far zero for why it isn't other than some autist on Veeky Forums claiming baselessly that it is.

You'll slow down so that "you can better anticipate cross traffic" or some shit but you don't see the need to maintain speed to anticipate the soccer mom on her phone behind you?

YOU are the people that cause accidents. Unpredictable chucklefucks with their flawed ass logic, thinking that the people that wrote most laws didn't do so because people EXACTLY LIKE YOU dun fucked up before. I would love for you to show me anywhere, even in your third world sandscript laws, where it says you should slow down at intersections where you have right of way.

Common sense prevails, if it's a very blind intersection maybe hover the brake instead of be on the gas, etc.. But slowing down at any perceptible level is downright stupid.

I got my license at 16 and took my "test" at the privately owned driving school, never had to take a test with a DMV employee. To be fair I have owned a good number of cars and none of them have been automatic.

>You think it's appropriate to be changing speeds without reason on streets?
>intersection
>without reason
Really now?
Of course it is, retard, do you always drive at the same speed?
The law itself says you need to be especially careful when approaching an intersection, if you don't have the common sense to understand it by yourself.
When you're a weak user of the road you start to realize how dangerous intersections truly are.

>You have to draw the line and give SOME responsibility to other drivers. I guarantee you, slowing down "to the speed limit" will not protect you from the guy running a red light. It will, however, get your back bumper smashed in. It will also make the person turning on the red think that you're slowing down to also turn, and he'll pull out in front of you. Many reasons why this is a stupid practice, so far zero for why it isn't other than some autist on Veeky Forums claiming baselessly that it is.
>You'll slow down so that "you can better anticipate cross traffic" or some shit but you don't see the need to maintain speed to anticipate the soccer mom on her phone behind you?
>YOU are the people that cause accidents. Unpredictable chucklefucks with their flawed ass logic, thinking that the people that wrote most laws didn't do so because people EXACTLY LIKE YOU dun fucked up before. I would love for you to show me anywhere, even in your third world sandscript laws, where it says you should slow down at intersections where you have right of way.
What a fucking load of steaming crap.
>I can guarantee you
You can't guarantee shit, you're a shit driver who doesn't understand how the road works.

Here:
asaps.it/13972-incroci_stradali__obbligo_di_usare_la_massima_prudenza_nell_approssimarsi_ad_una.html
laleggepertutti.it/131320_chi-ha-la-precedenza-allincrocio-non-ha-sempre-ragione
laleggepertutti.it/59145_incidenti-la-precedenza-allincrocio-non-garantisce-la-ragione

>doesn't mention slowing down

I didn't say don't be cautious. I said don't slow down.

But please, continue with your incorrect babble since you've been so horrendously BTFO.

>italians
>models of safe or proper driving

Almost fell off my fucking chair laughing.

>struggles with manual meme

Just realized there were three links, phone doesn't separate them very well. Google translate is a bit shit but it seems like those last two weren't law, they were precedence set by distracted and speeding drivers. Not really equal in this discussion.

>Anche con la precedenza resta l’obbligo di rallentare la velocità e verificare che non sopraggiungano altre automobili, seppur in violazione del codice della strada.
>rallentare la velocità
Please elucidate me on how you watch out while speeding at an intersection.
Fucking retard and liar.

Italians are the best drivers int he world, everyone else sticks to the law and is slow as fuck. Here you adapt or die.
Yeah, because now judgements aren't a form of law.

>be me
>30 years old
>Been all over the world
>Seen some shitty drivers
>Driven on some shitty roads
>Never really all that bothered
>Go to NYC and buffalo
>Witness American "driving"
>I am pretty concerned now
>Eat at an American restaurant
>Get food poisoning

I find it interesting that it could only be america to put fear of driving into me when I am used to near head on collisions with trucks while on the edge of a cliff AND the only place to get me sick through food despite me having eaten questionable third world foods for the majority of my life.

DELETE THIS!

>implying I said speeding, ever

Also that's the same mentality they take in 3rd world countries where accident rates are stupidly high.

Nobody here has argued that being cautious at an intersection isn't good.. But slowing down from *whatever* speed you were doing by more than a couple MPH is a poor idea on a street where you have no reason to be changing speed, that's how you get rear-ended or cause others to brake suddenly etc etc. Slowing down because something "might happen" is how traffic jams get started, too.

Stuff whatever strawman you'd like, but that point stands.

>3rd world countries where accident rates are stupidly high.
You mean like the US?

>suddenly
I don't understand from where you got this idea, it's the second time you mention it.
Why would I brake suddenly? Why would I drive/ride dangerously? Why would someone who respects safety distance crash into me?

I've risked many times to rear end faggot cagers who decided to emergency brake to let someone traverse the street and I can assure you that's not what I'm talking about at all.

Instead of cruising like a retard learn to adapt oyur behaviour to the situation on the road.

I got this idea from you saying you stop speeding and slow down at intersections..

>you mean like USA?
I don't live in that farce, they're all completely fucked right now. No thanks.

I don't know what high school you just graduated from, but you'll have to learn that sometimes what your mother/landlord tells you about driving is just flat wrong.