ITT: kike inspired engineering

ITT: kike inspired engineering

>fuel filter is inside the fuel pump which is inside the gas tank

But it's not hard to get to the pump and tank? At least not in my 240sx it isn't

>fuel filter is a non replaceable sock over the fuel pump

get on muh level nigga

>no grease fittings on balljoints despite costing 10cent extra to produce

>have to push in the clutch to start the engine

i do this with every car because i always leave it in gear (and i feel like a le mans race car driver too)

>car lacks a dip stick to check oil levels
REV UP YOUR ENGINES

>no drain plug on differential or automatic transaxle
>Guaranteed mess

> Everything is covered in plastic in the engine bay so you spend 10 minutes to look for where to boost the car

>you have to take apart half of the transmission to get to the filter

I wish I could greentext about my car, but Toyota makes everything disabled-tier easy.

> RWD variant of same engine parts are 3 times more expensive than the FWD car
>Manufacturers go out their way to cast 2 different blocks for rwd and fwd applications

In my 86 you have to drop the whole tank, it's not exactly difficult but it's still annoying.

>final stage resistor blows
>watch youtube tutorial
>take out glovebox, there it is. easy
>go to car, take out glovebox, nothing
>double check, nope not there
>to google
>turns out they didn't move it for the right hand drive models
>what should have been a 5 minute job turned into 2 hours doing the upside down contortionist act in the drivers footwell being poked in the eye by the clutch pedal
what a fucking nightmare that was. glad I didn't have to take it to a garage though

Who even has a FWD/RWD platform like this?
Americans?

>sealed automatic transmission
>only put in car for less than half the model year in 02
>trans is absolutely garbage
>car won't accept swap without major fabrication
>have to rebuild the junky thing and pray it doesn't fail again

|
|
|>
|
|}
|
|

>having a filter in a transmission
lol, fucking autofags

10 cents is a lot of money nigger

>electronic park brake
Had a Passat for a week and a half and after 6 days it failed to disengage

... I don't get it.

Wouldn't you want to do this always, so that your starter doesn't also have to turn part of your gearbox and the other side of your clutch? Seems easier on the starter.

Was this for the people that don't have neutral switches? Was that the jew part?

The only thing I can think of would be awd variants of fwd vehicles like the Lancer.

Not sure who bothers to make rwd versions of fwd cars either.

The vq35de for 350z and the maxima 3.5 are different
I think ford and gm v6 are the same

That way if you have to push start the vehicle you cant since it only turns when you push in the clutch

How's that internal slave cylinder treating you

>sealed transmission case with a permanent filter.

Pretty sure that's not how it works. Doesn't the clutch switch just stop the starter from engaging? It's nonsensical for it to somehow cut fuel or ignition.

I know my car doesn't work that way, and it has a clutch switch. I've bump started it before, and later nigger-rigged the switch so that my remote starter would work. No neutral switch.

>security fasteners

SR20 comes fwd and rwd and most parts are different

>this
simplefags dont understand that it's 10c for millions of vehicles.
>100,000,000 cents

>go from SBC to LS
>literally only 2 gaskets ever need to be replaced, head gaskets
I knew LS engines were good but not THIS good holy SHIT

10 cents x # of ball joints

Add $2 to cars msrp

Tfw

I just deleted the sock and put in one of those reusable inline marine fuel filters at the fuel pump inlet, which is on the side of the block. Much better.

Its funny that Scotty is the post image because every Mercedes-Benz I have owned have their fuel pumps and filter outside the tank.

Not all slave set-ups are internal.

Conversely, most AT's use either inline filters, spin-on filters or filters that are sitting in the pan. Not many require heavy disassembly to get at it.

>Pic related, #4 is an in-line filter on an AT transmission

That's not how push starting works you fucking retard

>fuel tank underneath drive train and rear sub frame

>tfw you want to learn how to wrench but own a toyota

you can swap plenty of parts and upkeep the shit out of it. 2003 toyota matrix is burning oil (big surprise) i have never done engine work besides the valve cover gasket.. it requires at least new piston rings. fuck should i do it myself?

>clutch slave cylinder made out of cheap plastic so guaranteed to fail
>located inside transmission bell housing unlike practically every other car in the world
>trans has to be dropped to replace

I've had to do this 3 fucking times on my car.

That's not the fuel filter.

>you have to replace the entire fuel pump assembly to replace the fuel filter
>there are two fuel pump + filter assembly which each cost something like $300 each

cl55 amg

>use to cost pocket change and took only a few minutes to replace
>now cost a fortune to replace and takes hours of hard labor to do so

Yeah it is buddy.

There *should* be a sock to protect the pump and a separate filter for the engine

Here's another stroke of engineering genius:
>radiator and ac condenser are combined into one unit
>if the radiator starts leaking, you have to evac and recharge the ac in addition to shelling out $800 for the new part

>1zz valve cover gasket
Why are those fuckers always going bad? Changed mine twice

there is no replaceable fuel filter m8. just the sock. the sock is the filter.

>one unit

For what purpose? That's like putting a transmission oil cooler "in" a radiator, they both need cooling. There's got to be a better way.

>there's a cut out in the trunk so you can remove the fuel pump assembly from the gastank without having to drop the tank

>TPMS

Most auto trans cars do have a trans cooler integrated with the radiator.

easily bypassed with some diy hacks

idk i think my original one was alright it was totally pancaked though. the felpro one i installed was much more stout. fun job. did it to my 01' Camry cus that was really stinkin up the engine bay with oil. Wish I could get the 1zz FE on the Matrix to not burn oil so'much (1 quart every 400 miles) daaaaaaamn

Weight savings and space optimization

Then your car is shit

also you should fit an inline filter yourself

mt car has an engine that has a oil lubricated trust bearing. when the engine is off and there is no oil in the bearing, pushing the clutch in and starting puts ALOT of stress on the bearing.

don't know how many other cars have this but it could be a concern and a reason why having to push the clutch to start is bad.

luckily my car doesn't have clutch switch

no replaceable filter because the filter is internal to the pump
most cars have the sock which is just a sort of large-debris pre-filter to the actual fuel filter, which in your case is inside the pump

Engines in Lancers are all transverse though

got to use this hole in my Volvo 240
then had to drop the tank anyways because it was steel and rusted to absolute shit

>tfw trying to disconnect ultra short stereo wiring harness

But running on coolant, no? Not trans oil?

I've also never heard of trans coolers on things other than trucks with towing packages.

>plastic water pump impellers
>OEM electric water pumps
>no oil dipstick, only a sensor that eventually gets gunked up or stuck and shows the incorrect level
>no transmission oil dipstick
>can't replace the rear shock absorbers without dropping the entire rear subframe due to retarded bolt placement
>front wheel bearing and brake disc are the same unit, available only at the stealership for a ridiculous price
>plastic valve covers
>dual-mass flywheels
>timing chains which have to be replaced more often than belts

Almost all automatics have trans coolers integrated with the radiator. The atf is routed to a separate portion of the radiator assembly kept separate from the coolant but it's all one part.

never seen this. I always see just 2 hoses going into the raitors: one for coolant in and one for coolant out