>miata questions and answers
>miata hair styling tips and tricks

FAQ:
can I fit?
>yes i am 6'2" and fit easily

can I daily drive one?
>yes most people can daily drive a miata no problem

even in the snow?
>yes miatas can drive very well in the snow. the light weight of the vehicle improves traction

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7lfiGu113DI
youtube.com/watch?v=DPwsG4w4wow
youtube.com/watch?v=-bUdyso8VCY
pacomotorsports.com/lift-kit/
flyinmiata.com/lift-kit.html
palmsprings.craigslist.org/cto/6025096829.html
sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/cto/6025369145.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

kill yourself

>Fixed headlights that are actually less aerodynamic than popped popups
Why?

where are the receipts hunty?

I'm not normally about the low life, but that NB looks dope.

>removing the FAQ memes
>not removing the last one
>mfw this guy actually thinks light weight improves traction

Anybody here have any chassis strengthening mods? I have delrin door bushings but that's it. And it flexes like a bitch. I was thinking about buying the fm butterfly brace

the old faq said people above 6'2" needed modifications for comfortable fit
any idea how much money and time it would take to install these so that a 6'6" guy can be comfy?

Seam weld and cage. Flex is faster, anyway.

Pull the foam out of the seat and bolt it to the floor. I'm 5'10" and if I sit down right on the floorpan I can't see over the steering wheel.

google Miata foamectomy and youtube links should come up

in what way that car is low.

Is the NB facelift any good?

It's lower than stock. The picture you posted is just retarded.

>retarded
>still fully functional as a drift car

I want one so bad :'(

stack your chips senpai and buy one.

You act as if it's something unobtainable.

It's not a 918 spyder or 911R

Okay...So I love my Miata to death and I continue to look forward to doing things to it.

However, there is something going on with the car that is bugging the shit out of me.

I can not isolate where the noise is coming from. If anything, it sounds like *maybe* inside the transmission.

When I am decelerating there is an intense and annoying metallic buzz-like noise. Usually around 2-3000 rpm most the time.
The noise goes away instantly when I press the clutch pedal in.

The car has been doing it ever since I got it a year ago.

Just replaced the clutch and flywheel along with the pilot and release bearing hoping it would resolve the issue. It didn't get worse, but it didn't get better.

I have no idea what the hell it could be.

I hate trying to describe it, I don't think anyone will be able to understand my poor description. Unless you have heard the noise yourself and know what I'm talking about

Anyone has any idea, please let me know.

In other news. My woman got me a gv lip for my birthday. Mounted it up and love it. Just need to get it professionally painted semigloss black. (Yes I am aware how dirty the car is. Pollen season)

Unironically should I buy a miata for the express purpose to put a lift kit it on it and make it offroad?

Because I think it'd be hilarious and I'm considering it.

thanks friends, ive got miata fever

Hey Miata Senpai,

I got an issue. Basically, I drove through the McDonalds drivethrough by accident with the E-Brake engaged. It made some weird noises. After that, I went to a car wash (self service) where I hit the undercarriage pretty good with the high pressure hose.

One of these two things fucked my emergency brake somehow.

I popped up the rear and used the allen hex adjuster pins on the calipers to make sure the e-brake is configured correctly. The left side works fine but I stripped the shit out of the hex adjuster bit on the right side so I couldn't adjust that much at all, although I do the spinning test with the rotors and they both work fine.

But the e-brake still doesn't work

Any ideas?

its not something new or crazy

youtube.com/watch?v=7lfiGu113DI

youtube.com/watch?v=DPwsG4w4wow

youtube.com/watch?v=-bUdyso8VCY

It's the heat shield on the downpipe before the cat. It's bolted on one side and tack welded on the other. At least one of your tacks has broken off. Unbolt it and then work it around until you can break the other tacks.

This is one of my dreams, not sure how well it would work though. I had read that the suspension doesn't have a whole lot of travel, still I think it looks pretty good. Might have issues with the gearing when you put those big tires on it.

Fucking neat

How much would a lift kit be for one of these puppies?

google is your friend

pacomotorsports.com/lift-kit/

flyinmiata.com/lift-kit.html

palmsprings.craigslist.org/cto/6025096829.html

why shouldn't i buy this right now?

> mileage is too high

that's all i can think of.

Sorry, I forgot to mention. Full header back exhaust. No heat shields at all on the car. Heat shields can 100% be ruled out

What does /mg/ think?

Its not really that high for a 99. If a person averages 10k, on the low side, per year then it should have 180,000 miles.

>125k
>high miles

lol

anyway buy it but give it a good look around.

mine had the same noise apparently its a common problem.never figured out what it was before i sold it

How cheap are Miata engines or rebuilds?

My buddy is offering to trade his for my Wrangler but he says it has an engine knock, not sure if it's a rod I'm going to look it over this weekend after work

sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/cto/6025369145.html

or this one. closer and an SE.

op photo is my car

i'll hang in here and answer questions, owned it for 6 years now

if you're concerned about cutting a trillionth of a second off your times put a clear cover over them and suddenly the effect is nulled

Strike plate under the steering wheel, then.

looks like a solid price to me, if you really want one this is a nice pickup unless it has some unlisted gremlins.

What year? B6ZEs (91-93) are like $250-300 running, BP6Ds (01-05 except MSM) are more like 800-900.

>125k miles
>high
What? I own two Miatas with 220k miles and one with 350k.

What wheels are those? Miata would look better with 6ul

don't

They're fake panasports. He probably paid less for the set than the price of one 6UL.

nothing like some quality unsprung weight like the superior wheel make of 6UL

Is that English?

Well I make like 700-900 every 2 weeks right now and I'm paying my way through college so it's not attainable at the moment. But once I graduate I might be able to afford it. Maybe after working extra this summer and selling my NA. We'll see.

Roughen up your rotors with some fine sand paper and see if that helps. You might need to roughen up the pads a little too. That's what I would start with.

I sold my '94 1.8 for $400

Would a 92 with a rod knock survive a trip to autozone?

Yeah just keep the revs low and don't floor it

for some reason i don't believe you're Alec

he doesnt seem like the type of dude that would post here.

I used to frequent Veeky Forums long, long time ago.

you can message me on instagram and i'll confirm.
last time I was here was when someone posted my clothing on the fashion board.

i messaged you on instagram once complimenting your car and wanting to talk about the jetstream's and you didnt even reply, kinda rude desu.

anyway we have a friend in common, Justin aka canimuff.

stankyousmellymuch

sorry about that bud, I have the privacy thing on and it sends them to be "approved" also I am absolutely terrible at interacting with new people

your car looks lovely.

my jet streams lights are all mangled from an accident I got into a few months ago.

thats not my car... but I was thinking about copping a pair for myself. bummer about the accident

they're very expensive, though nicely made. visiting the shop last summer gave me a bit more appreciation for them.

you should try to find a group buy and get the price down.

i talked to one of the dudes from rev9autosport asking about a group buy but they arent doing one anytime soon unfortunately So my options are

1. lube my asshole and pay $900+
2. 3D Print replica of jet stream headlight's (i dont even know where i would start there)
3. or do something like pic related. (which looks kinda ghetto)

I should add that my car's previous owner removed the flip up headlight's so nothing is there at all

there are alternative makers of fixed headlights, albeit the styles are different, but if you want jet stream it literally has everything you need

depends on if it's really worth it to you.

yeah ive seen the thread of the alternative headlight's for miata's

none of them look appealing to me unfortunately

pic related is my car/what im working with.

might end up buying the Jet Stream's anyway.

fuck it man, go full put crew front
that or ask nathan what his headlights are, they'd look cool too
i've tagged him in a few photos, has the black na on mk2 with fixed headlights
I know we picked them up for him here at KINOD last year from some dude, don't remember who made them

get a sugar daddy. it is the only way.
i got 3000 last week for going to dinner with an old fuck and talking cars. Used it to pay my brothers massive amount of tickets so he wouldn't go to jail.

Holy shit. Can I still do this if I'm hairy and muscular or is it traps only?

i'm sure there's a demand for bears somewhere

How do I know if it's an HLA tick or a rod knock?

From what I've read lifter ticks occur at a steady frequency even at idle, while knocks are more violent and occur on and off during idle and revs?

Jesus fuck yes. Half the sugar daddies I try to talk to are only into masc dudes. i manage all of my friends' seeking arrangement accounts and have the hardest time getting the ones that like twinks.

I'm not a trap so I wouldn't know but it's definitely easier for chicks. My friend Jess makes about 6k a month from a sugar daddy she doesn't even fuck. I'm a dude so it's harder.

bump

If you adjust valve lash and it still happens its not lifter tick.

Miatas have hydraulic valve lash adjusters, there's nothing to adjust manually.

So how does one go about getting paid for bullshitting about cars? And I guess I was assuming from your previous post that this was a platonic deal with no expectations of sex. I suppose I should ask you to clarify that.

Not the later model years. They want back to plate adjusters.

I must be fucking crazy. I went to pick up a friend of friend that works as a mechanic at a Mazda dealer and I finally saw the Miata mx-5 RF. I test drove it and while it seriously lacks the hp my vette has, it was a good ride around town. I'm seriously thinking about selling my 2011 C6 and getting one.

Do it. Then turbo.

These guys suggesting the exhaust are wrong. It's the transmission. They all do that after some wear. If you go to a 6 speed it will be gone.

I've got the same thing but i've just accepted it.

Does it happen when you rev at idle? Does it happen you coast in neutral with the clutch out?

My '99 with a buds nissan.

Post pre-facelift NC inspo because I plan on buying one

Reminder NC is the least girly Miat

Looks so good without a front plate.
Wish I could run mine without the plate but it's illegal here and I need it to cover the dents and scratches there from the previous owner.
Looking forward to when I get a chance to paint and bodywork it

>angry headlights eyelids
This is the most retarded of visual tuning

>less aerodynamic
When would you ever need that little extra aero?

bih

I need your guy's honest opinion, should I not buy my buddy's 92 miata with a rod knock for under 1k?

My other mechanic friend said not to go for it since it's already knocking and its a 92, but I was hoping to swap in another motor since miata's engines are cheap.

Thoughts? I was thinking I'd get a miata with an engine I trust for 15 than a beater miata for the same price with a worse condtion miata.

garbage, start off with something better. you're in NJ

there are tons of cheap miatas there.

Its called stock springs.

its called flying miata lift kit you goofy

if there is few very few rust to the chassis, that there is no leaking on to the top i would say go for it. Its nice to learn how the motor is. And