I made the stupid mistake of using the green rough side of a sponge to remove some dirt on my car's paint and now...

I made the stupid mistake of using the green rough side of a sponge to remove some dirt on my car's paint and now there's tiny scratches on it. How do I remove those scratches?

Polishing cloth + colored polish

>Get a power sander
grit
>Then 800 grit
>Then 2000 grit
>Wash
>Polish
>And
>Done

use the yellow side

Wire wool

Cars a write-off, cut your losses and buy a new one.

The car is totaled. You might as well call the insurance company now.

T-cut famalam

You can choose to hide them. Technically there is no way to remove them (talking like a lawyer).

The three methods to eliminate the presence of fine scratches in the clearcoat is to:

a. Apply sealant and then apply wax. The wax fills in tiny scratches and hides them. If they are wide thick scratches, then those will not be hidden.

b. Correct the clear coat in that area. That means polishing the clear coat until the surface is level with the scratches. That means removing the clear coat by polishing it away. As it gets thinner and thinner, the surface level of the clear coat now becomes even with most of the bottoms of the scratches. Correction is something detailers can offer but you can polish yourself too. If the scratches are deep, this would be bad and an ethical detailer will say no correction is possible instead of just sucking money out of your wallet.

c. Partial correction could be performed in that area. If you have a combination of swirl marks from the original dealer prep mixed with the scratches of your pad, a partial correction would be to polish out just the swirl marks but leave the deeper scotchbrite scratch marks in the clear coat. The scratch marks will no longer be so deep and the swirl marks will be gone. The clear coat is thinner but not so thin as it would be if the scotchbrite marks were removed.

After corrections, you will need to seal the paint and then regularly wax it. Don't use more polishes to thin the clear coat. Because your clear coat is thinner, you need to wax it regularly to protect it from burning and peeling.

>I made the stupid mistake of using a sponge
Don't ever use a sponge. That includes sponges wrapped in terry cloth. You might use sponges if they are wrapped in microfiber with lots of those short "fingers" sticking out of the surface. Washing mitts also exist with those fingers. Those are the best way to gently wash the clear coat.

>How do I remove those scratches?
Wax hides scratches.

Whos this

>I made the stupid mistake of using a sponge

A buffer, cutting compound, swirl remover, polish, clay bar, then wax

seconded. google image search failed

dont mind me, just here to laugh at op

haha

you can't. your stupid decision will now haunt you forever.

no cares.

Don't listen to this. It will fuck up the clear.

Do this. If you can feel the scratches with your fingernail, you'll never fully repair them but you can blend them in with a cutting compound and wax pretty good.

some child-bodied oriental rat

now for a real answer

buy rubbing compound
buy polish
Buy 2000 grit sandpaper

use polish first on the scratch. If it doesnt take it out rub rubbing compound on it.

if that doesnt work then use wet 2000 grit sandpaper then rubbing compound,then polish.

If the rubbing compound alone works, then polish afterwards.

Underrated