I started a new job about 5 months ago, make ~130k a year with bonuses

I started a new job about 5 months ago, make ~130k a year with bonuses

After paying off all of my debt, the money is starting to add up. I max out my 401k and my money is just starting to pile up in my savings account, I have about $25k in my savings and checking account now and I can tell this is wasted opportunity

What do I do with it? I want an autopilot method. I don't want to have to check stocks daily or some shit

Should I just go get a car?

Other urls found in this thread:

wealthsimple.com
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

wealthsimple.com

This seems right up your alley, a friend just started working there and introduced me to it.

I think it's Canadian only, but I'm not completely sure. you could Google if theres an alternative in your region or find someone to manage your money.

>make ~130k a year with bonuses
w-what do you do?

>tfw make less than half that and i hate my job, and i work long hours

if you're really that rich then why the fuck are you asking here. go talk to a financial adviser you fucking retard

That costs money and I'm sitting alone in my apartment right now. I don't have a financial advisor idk what you're talking about. Should I get one lol?

Edit: Oops 23k I just paid my rent. But my two paychecks a month are each about $2700

Also should my 401k be set to maximum risk investments? Vanguard funds or something? Damn I really need to learn this stuff.

what do you do man

C++ software engineer

im a firmware engineer and I make ~77k after bonus...

Do you live in silicon valley or some shit?

Index funds. Easy to maintain, have the best performance relative to more aggressive funds.

I use Vanguard. There are approaches to diviserfication - i.e. you don't want all you equity in one market, or you can suffer from market volatility.

I do 40% bonds, 42% us stock, 18 intl' stock. I've made gains.

10k usd/month, thats dope mang

>That costs money

WELL NO FUCKING SHIT SHERLOCK.

Whose advice are you going to trust more? A CFA qualified and registered financial adviser or memes from random strangers on the internet?

JESUS CHRIST how does a retard like you even earn 6 figures.

Presumably these is generic advice that applies to all people with X amount of money, I'm simply asking for the information that applies. Whether it's given to me from a financial advisor or some pleb it doesn't matter as long as it works

Install Robinhood and put 10k into meme stocks.

>le one size fits all meme
>le invest and forget meme

You're going to lose all your money one day with that attitude, and it makes me sad that I won't be around to meet you at the hospital after your attempted suicide.

Seeing you're a C++ coder, look into this shit, im not fucking with you.

These are cryptocurrencies, but they aren't those shitcoins.

(ETH) - Ethereum
(XMR) - Monero

Monero will have its GUI wallet release by this month, and RingCT integration by early january, its current price is $8.5 per XMR, but will shoot up to $16+ after RingCT. Look this shit up, research and see for yourself.

Ethereum - its at very cheap price right now of $7.8 USD each ETH. Look it up too, very good picks. Buy these, set alerts and forget about it.

You'll multiply your money easy.

You're welcome user.

Haha yeah I'll go invest all of my money into those random cryptocurrencies, thanks user

looks like you have a spark of intelligence after all! :^)

>What do I do with it? I want an autopilot method. I don't want to have to check stocks daily or some shit
>Should I just go get a car?

You caught me in a bad mood earlier so heres some advice.

Forget stock trading if you're not willing to put in the effort to research. Someone in your income bracket should just invest in real estate and collect rent. Doesn't matter if house prices collapse or some shit like that, you can always just increase the rent and people will just suck it up and pay it.

Damn okay. Maybe I'll just study and figure it out correctly

Also: ESPP yes or no

If you don't know how to research stocks you shouldn't just blindly enroll in an ESPP, unless its Google or Apple.

most tech sector careers will get you there fairly quickly, assuming you're not a worthless diversity hire