What's the best year to get a Mustang that's not brand new and super expensive but not old and obsolete?

What's the best year to get a Mustang that's not brand new and super expensive but not old and obsolete?
I've got a 2006 GT but it's really underpowered compared to now and it's body style has aged like shit now that new shapes are out.

What's a good compromise year and model?

terminator

Gotta be 1st gen or current gen. Everything else people laugh at.

the 2011 gt has the good v8

I would love a 2004 SVT Cobra, but they're hard to find and expensive.

As long as it's got 8 cylinders and is a Mustang, people won't be laughing

6 cylinders or the ecomeme are sure to have you laughed out of town

never

This is the best comment. Even if it's a 6cyl first gen with auto, people will still respect your car. You're literally driving history

It's the post-2012 models that have the updated rear suspension, right?
In my opinion it's:
>2012+ model
>Top trim of last 20 years (Terminator/Cobra)
>Foxbody
>1st gen
V8 only, obviously.

2014 Boss 302

>Engines for the 1979-1982 models included the 88 hp (66 kW) 2.3 L Pinto inline-four, 109 hp (81 kW) 2.8 L Cologne V6 (made by Ford of Germany), and the 140 hp (104 kW) 302 cu in (4.9 L) Windsor V8
Wow 140hp!
>In 1997 the Ford Mustang GT had a 215hp V8.
Any Mustang GT prior to 2010 would get its ass kicked by my grandma's shitty old Saab. Yes, people would laugh.

If you mean IRS, it becames standard in 2015. The 1999, 2000, 2003/2004 Cobras had it as well though.

You sort of had a point until you started going autistic about all GTs prior to 2010... the 2010s still had the 4.6L 3V and any S197 GT would buttfuck your whore grandma anyday Saab or not... faggot

The only mustang for me.

inb4 stock power numbers than can be fixed easier than breathing.
inb4 1st gen fags (camaro is better in everyway)
inb4 any other gen (camaro is better in everyway even when it was discontinued lol)

Why not just put a bit of money into waking up your current car? 3v heads, F/I, rear end gears, Maximum motorsports handling goodies,etc.

Every GT before 2010 had under 300 hp and was an obese piece of shit with terrible gear ratios. Definitely slower than my grandma's Saab. Slower than a Kia Optima. Slower than a Nissan Sentra R. Slower than a 2008 Tundra which weighs 7,000 god damn pounds. Rustangs have never been fast until just the last few years. I

the ugly mustangs should be cheep
sn95
foxbody
mach 1

0-60 in 9.8 seconds
Sweet muscle car bruh

That's an aero car, which should have EFI. so while it only makes 225 up stock (which puts it at about a 7-second 0-60) they are super choked and cheap to wake up.

First thing to modify is the subframes. They're only connected by the floorpan, so a 125 dollar kit of subframe connectors welded in actually makes the car stiff. Next is gearing. The WC T5 doesn't have the worst spacing in the world apart from 4th to 5th, but 5th is the fuel economy gear anyway. The rear end gears have got to go, however. If it's a manual you want 3.55s or 3.73s, 3.55s gets you better fuel economy by 1 or 2 mlg, it will also drone less on the highway once you play with the exhaust.

Speaking of exhaust, the stock headers are shite. Get some BBK or other brand headers and a dual exhaust system with an h pipe. 302s sound like sex with an h pipe setup. I like MagnaFlow's system because it's not obnoxiously loud at low RPM but still sounds nice.

Now that we've fixed the exhaust bottleneck, we need to fix the power. The stock heads and intake manifold are super choked. The best bang for buck intake manifold is a gt40 unit off of a mid 90s explorer with the 5.0. You can also grab gt40 heads off of it, but they're iron and need to be rebuilt. If you have the dosh go for afr, trickflow, etc or gt40x aluminum heads. Also pick up a cam of your choice. You don't need to need to get too crazy and make it sitt to drive on the street, just something a little better than stoxk. These upgrades will have you well over 300 crank hp and the car will now survive it without twisting itself. The brakes and suspension geometry are still gonna be not great but they're not unusable stock.
Oh, and a short shifter is a good investment.

It's a fair bit of work but these things are cheap as chips and an absolute blast even with the stock engine. Doing this pushes you over the 1/10 power/weight threshold and makes them pretty damn decently quick, all for not very much money.

SN95 Cobras are fucking sick and you're a dummy if you think otherwise

Although man those headlights are baffling I don't know why didn't curve them upwards like they did on the New Edge ones in the first place.

its not to do with the inherent value of the car
more that how people perceive it lowers its exchange value

Guess how I know you're a Mexican

My 2006 makes 300hp stock

Your move

Stock foxes have pushed into the upper 13s in the quarter mile. 0 to 60 is easily in the 6s stock as well. Neither of those numbers is bad today and certainly wasn't 23+ years ago