Which media franchise has had the most influence on car culture? Need for Speed, or The Fast and the Furious?

Which media franchise has had the most influence on car culture? Need for Speed, or The Fast and the Furious?

fast and furious inspired a lot of stuff in Need For Speed

i'd say all the kid playing need for speed was more of a deal than some meh movies

Fast and Furious, 2 Fast, and Tokyo Drift were, and still are influential. The rest aren't really.

If it helps any, Speedhunters has massive clout now, and that's officially a part of Need for Speed/EA.

2 sides of the same coin, but honesly the first 3 F&F movies had the most impact

Shit, I guess that solves that.

But Need for Speed sort of developed the "exotics street racing at incredible hihg speeds in exotic locations" niche. So they each fill their own market.

What about Forza or Gran Turismo?

Like others have said, the first three Fast and Furious movies are really influential, and there's no denying that Paul's GTR is a major reason for the car's popularity with Westerners.

After Tokyo Drift though, it was less about cars and more about action. So all those movies have no influence whatsoever.

>Speedhunters has massive clout now, and that's officially a part of Need for Speed/EA.

That sounds awful.

Gran Turismo is by far more influential than Forza. After all, Forza was just Microsoft's own flagship driving sim.

Gran Turismo maybe up until 4. Now Forza has taken over in modern times.

>fast and furious inspired a lot of stuff in Need For Speed
Only when NFS Underground came out because EA obviously just wanted to cash-in on the FATF high. Before that, NFS was already an established franchise having released 6 titles before NFSU. These days, NFS is catering more to car culture than FATF franchise has in years.

Initial D.

Not as high profile, but I'd rank it 4th behind Gran Turismo.

Nah. GT has an actual driver development program. GT Sport is supposed to be tied with the FIA somehow.

All Forza ever had was some shitty reality TV game show from about a decade ago.

>

Gran Turismo is still more [spoiler]fun[/spoiler] than the alternative

That's, like, your opinion.

"Despite being very successful, the Underground games ticked off the older NFS fans who didn't buy into its Fast and Furious-inspired tuner culture aesthetics." -Tv Tropes, YMMV / Need for Speed: Underground

Yeah, Right. NFSU may have been inspired by The Fast and the Furious, but at least The Fast and the Furious had police in it. In fact, one of the lead characters, Brian O'Conner (The late Paul Walker) was an undercover cop.

Shit, you just made me realize there's no police in Underground.

Poge 10.

F&F, Need for speed is cool and all but F&F became a national phenomenon literly 10s of thousands people left the theaters wanting to buy all kinds of performance parts and sales of eclipse,rx7,supras where in high demend.

Now that I think about it, you're right.

>Most Wanted

NFS started with The Need For Speed, in 1992, on DOS, originally made for Road and Track. Most of the people in the first FnF were children when the original NFS came out

G