youtube.com/watch?v=jaOBzTJB7yc
camping-pfunds.at/
miami.craigslist.org/pbc/mcy/5941239876.html
treasure.craigslist.org/mcy/5986342840.html
m.louis.de/artikel/moto-detail-gepaecksystem-universal/10026555),
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for BEST BEGINNER BIKE

kys it's shit

But what if the beginner wants something reliable user?

Feels good man.

The GS500 is objectively the best beginner bike.
> mileage
It's a mid-sized 4stroke twin cylinder bike, so it drinks less than 6 liters per 100 km.
> handling
It handles nothing like a supersport, spoiling you for when you get something else. But it can also corner much better than something like a cruiser, and actually uses its entire rear tire unlike a Ninja 250.
> brakes
They are complete shit and their only redeeming feature is that they're disc brakes. This is good because the longer braking distance forces new riders to plan ahead and start braking early. No ABS means they learn to brake properly I'd they don't want to get shrekt.
> power
It sits right at the power limit for A2 bikes which is great for euros. It's torquey enough to be faster off the line than most cars you'll encounter in the city. But it also feels relatively gutless so a) it's forgiving of mistakes and b) you can ride it at the limit without putting yourself into too much danger. It reaches up to 180 km/h which is fast enough for highway riding.
> carbs
It being carbed means that if you run into problems, you can learn to fix them yourself instead of heading to the mechanic every time.
> seating position
Upright, slightly forward means it's a neutral riding position so you can figure out what you want afterwards. The seat is relatively uncomfortable making literally every other bike after it will feel like heaven on your ass.
> price and availability
Parts and the bikes themselves are cheap and plentiful. If you crash and fuck up one of your fairings it's 40 euros to replace it with original parts. Engine needs little maintenance. Beginner riders are typically not financially independent, so this is a big plus for them.
> suspension
It's a budget suspension factoring into the overall low cost of getting a GS 500. If you want better suspension it's easy to swap. Therefore it gives beginners an opportunity to learn working on suspension while keeping the cost manageable.

>tfw no SV1000 on market
I might have to settle for an FZ1

Mine got ran over by a truck and all that happened was some bent levers, a missing turn signal and one of the rims broke. Plenty reliable.

Just get 2 GS500s

>Not getting a Honda super hawk

Oh look KKK's here.

>realtree
>army

Fuck off with your GS500 spam, Jesus.

Drop user you seem very bored

That's Jesus SIR for you, maggot.
Fucking make me.

lewd as fuck

I am. Ah fuck it, I'll stop now.
You gonna make a SEM hype poster again? Or maybe a flag design that I can get made and bring to the meet?

Tru

fugg you got me there m80

>only result
>miami.craigslist.org/pbc/mcy/5980930036.html

Yeah I'll pass

Is my fz6 a good beginners bike?

That 250 is hammered

You know you want it BB

miami.craigslist.org/pbc/mcy/5993545388.html

I mean, it has an R6 engine in it but it's fine as long as you don't get retarded with the throttle.

GAS THE SINGLE SIDED
SWING ARM WAR NOW

Gotta clean it
Clean it real good

If I know who will come and when I have some time, yes
But I have no idea about the status of SEM, I wasn't online much in the past few weeks. Is everything organized yet?
Who will come? Where will it be (I only know of northern Italy)?

is this a fake Suzuki?

Daelim makes clones. Fake CBR125s in bodies in bigger CBRs, fake Honda Supercubs.

Fug, if I had the 6 grand I'd probably pull the trigger, but I'm looking for something a bit more in the 3-4 grand range

jew this guy down to 4k
miami.craigslist.org/mdc/mcy/5970550141.html

youtube.com/watch?v=jaOBzTJB7yc

You don't have to put all the bikes on there, just take a pic of WR's helmet, put it in front of a Veeky Forums flag and add some meme phrase.
Yeah, we have our camp site reserved and all that's left is for everyone to plan their individual trips. We couldn't find a good one in Italy proper so now we'll stay in Austria close to the Swiss and Italian borders. camping-pfunds.at/
CB 400 has the list of people who want to come, you should ask him about that. I only know he's coming, I am, Shivvy I think, but FKG isn't.

scratch that, get this instead
miami.craigslist.org/pbc/mcy/5941239876.html

where did you ride today lads?
first sunny day here in weeks so made the most of it and rode all morning. roads still wet in places but a good ride nonetheless

Get this nyukka down to like 3.4

treasure.craigslist.org/mcy/5986342840.html

this is actual mr. regufur art btw

>Buying used cheap pastashit
Kys

I rode to work. 20f out but it wasn't that bad. I learned how to do a burnout today as well.

>miami.craigslist.org/pbc/mcy/5941239876.html
"Here for sale a FAST Sports bike, an Aprilia Tuono 1000, the Ferrari of Sports Bike. Bike runs perfect and tries are almost new."

Isn't Ducati the Ferrari of bikes?

nice. I wanna try burnouts but dont wanna shred my tyre and have to buy a new one

>tfw no money to go to india and buy a freshly made royal enfield
>tfw will never fuck hot curry whores on it
death awaits

Is cycle gear any good or should I just buy gear online?

>ubermensch reliable rotax engines
>minimal bullshit spaghetti electronics to break
>more power and style than the rc51
it's really no contest

>camping Pfunds
Noice
Pretty central, looks good.
Do we need to do some pre payment?
I'll look after the flag. But I won't manage to do it this week, or next week, and probably also not the week after next week.

road to class, didn't even try to be on time. Seat next to qt I wanted to talk to was taken, and a lardass sat next to me. I'll be on time next week

>anybody selling anything on craigslist
>smart

A E S T H E T I C

But also having hard cruiser tires and a torque v twin helps a lot.

>Italian bike
>Minimal spaghetti
Doubt.png

But still, at that point you might as well just get a used gsxr or something. At that price, I can't imagine it's been treated right.

>always something broken and never runs
I guess

No down payment, they said the spots are reserved for us.
No rush m8, I only thought it'd be funny to stake our claim and fly the flag on group rides. If you don't have time or just can't be arsed, no problem.
God I'm HYPE. Missing SEM2.0 was a big mistake.

>Buy this CBR600RR, it's the MX5 of bikes!
>Buy this Honda CB400, it's the Ford Focus of Bikes!
>Buy this Harley Davidson, it's the Mustang of bikes!

A used gsxr and a vtwin tuono are nothing alike, don't be dumb. It's at least worth checking out tbqh

What is dumber than riding a motorcycle?

I'll start. Ear stretching was huge among teens and kids when i was in scool

I'm going to say no
>Let's buy this used 12 year old Italian bike that no one has that's dirt cheap
>It's great guys Italy makes reliable, cheap to maintain motorcycles
>What could go wrong?
Kys

But honestly if you just want a liter naked for not much money, Honda hornet, zrx1100, sv, fz1 or other Jap shit.

When I had a gf I stuck my tongue through her flabby ear lobes. Never my peepee though.

number 2
Being Veeky Forums

this shirt is $300

Reminder not to listen to kit kat's advice, on anything, ever.

Tru

There's a reason Aprilia is called the Honda of Italy.

Yeah I'll see what I can do.
SEM 2.0 was goat, too bad that you couldn't come.

But I thought Germany is the Japan of Europe?

Or you could buy an actual Honda

You do realize there's a reliable touring version based of the RSV mille, right? And the dual sport called the pegaso which is also renowned for the reliability.

Go have a look at AF1racing.com and you can see how easy parts are to get and how cheap OEM is.

>kkk talking out of his ass as usual
Of course.

What kind of bike do you have now?

Yeah, it's a damn shame.
Especially considering I couldn't come because I blew my money on a vacation with the ex, and now I can't even look at the pictures or think back on it without regret. REEEE

Shadow 700 but I'll be getting a sport standard next

What I've been able to find out
>Electrics are dodgy and the wiring degrades
>If you let the battery get low, the bike literally cucks itself
Engine seems stout.

Still, I would not recommend a cheap Italian bike to anyone, even if they're sexy as fuck.

>I'll be getting a sport standard next
Like what exactly?

Nobody should buy any poorly maintained bike.

Most likely fz6, but if I can find a good deal on a Buell xb9r or xb12r I might hop on that

If you buy an FZ6 you should convert it to an FZ6N

Nah trick, the fairing will be better for touring. I'm tired of long days with no wind protection at all

I still think the FZ6 is a bit of an ugly duckling even after owning one. Still looks better than an SV650 but bikini fairings are hard to make look nice from all angles.

Oh
Yes, that sucks even more

I like the sv650 gen 2 bikini fairing.

But yeah it's not the prettiest, but it'll be functional. I'm not too worried about aesthetics on a bike like this.

How long did you have an fz6 for?

Oh well, next SEM is gonna be cash as long as I don't crash. The campsite is booked from July 29th to August 1st by the way.

2 years

Nice, thanks, that's a good time. I now can say for sure that I have time to come too,btw, and money should also be no problem, at least if I don't completely fuck up with something unexpected

The flag idea is not stupid, but please don't make one of those bosuzoku thing to ride with.
Something small that we can hang on a tent is good enough.

Also you nazi got anything to sai on moto-detail bags?
I need a 50l one and they cost half than ortlieb/touratech

What was ownership like? And is it good stock or was there anything you need to change on it? Also any known failure points?

Noice, looking forward to it.

Yeah no, I want to be able to ride with it after all, and it shouldn't be expensive either.

>Yeah no, I want to be able to ride with it after all
Yeah, no.

Didn't see the second question at first. I have a big pillion seat bag from them (m.louis.de/artikel/moto-detail-gepaecksystem-universal/10026555), you can fit a lot in there and they seem waterproof enough but I basically never use it.
>small opening so can't fit big laptop, or any tent or sleeping bag in there
>possibly difficult to fasten to bike

I usually take a 20 l waterproof boat bag (dunno what they're called in English, basically a cylinder 30 cm across and 80 long made of plasticy stuff with one open side that you roll together to close it) and put that on the luggage rack, and stuff the rest of my stuff in side bags and/or a large backpack.

If it's small enough, and I ride slowly enough...
>me
>going fast

Like all jap bikes, they're reliable but if anything goes wrong it's a real pain in the ass to fix. Need to take off loads of stuff just to access something or unscrew 4 bolts.

It's a fine bike stock. Really quiet exhaust; if you wanted a louder one they're kind of expensive. I put new levers on it and a fender delete because stock fenders are always shit. If you want to tour you should probably get heated grips because the fairings don't cover your 2 outside fingers on either side.

Biggest qualms with it were the slowly updating speedo/hard to see tach and working on it was painful. Only thing I know of that's known for going wrong is that for some reason the clutch wire wears out and gets stiff really easily. Have to get a new one every couple years or so.

Overall it was a great bike, easy to recommend. The best low(ish) cc sport touring bike on the market still since Yamaha discontinued it.

>I usually take a 20 l waterproof boat bag
Yeah that's what I'm getting, they're waterproof bags/rucksack.
I already have a 35lt form kappa and it's decent, I just need a bigger one so I don't have to bring my side bags, even though the pockets on them are pretty handy.

That's stupid, unless you turn the isle of man flag into a swastika

Thanks man. I appreciate that. I read about the speedo issue, unless you change the computing system I can't imagine there's an easy fix. How was fueling on it? Think a power Commander would be needed?

Finally got some actual sunshine in Devon, we could carry some proper speed this time.

>Single sided swingarm
>V4
Muh dick

Cheers bruv

The later models had a different cluster,. It probably updates faster or you could put a custom one on it if it really bothered you. I also found that it seemed to try to estimate what your speed would be at as if it was a full 1.5 seconds behind. For example:

>Going 60km/h, gaining 20km/h every 1.5 second
>Speedo updates to say 80, pretty accurate
>Stop accelerating at 80
>Speedo updates to show you at what you would have been at if you kept accelerating
>Next update, it's back to your accurate speed
Just a weird little quirk, it wasn't enough of a pain to warrant doing anything about swapping the speedo out to something else, but a weird decision by Yamaha.

Is ABS a meme?

dat castrol livery

Sorry didn't even answer your question. I didn't notice any fueling issues at all, it was really smooth. I wouldn't get a power commander unless I changed something with the engine or exhaust.

Here's a shit willie on it I did just for you.

Yes it will kill you dead

Cool to know. My buddy had one with an aftermarket exhaust and it was so damn good sounding. I was in love with it.

Np, tfw no rvf750r or NR

Thanks mate, that's the answer I needed. Good to know. Fuck I need to sell this shadow

>tfw no rvf750r or NR

is 400

you don't need it and it kills performance and /feel/
get it if you're a shitcunt commuter, but if you're just starting to ride it'll make you unable to ever ride without

I've had both my front and rear lock up and slide and I've never went down because I'm not retarded and don't keep holding them. Unless you get silly in the corners it's unnecessary IMO.

I know, you live in bongistan

So that gsx-r that was doing laps at motegi with a GSX-RR swingarm on it for some reason was a fucking motoamerica bike? jesus christ, consider yamaha annihilated on sight.

Toni the tiger gonna kill it.

>try to look cool or the other bikers
>look like a shitlord squid instead