What's it like to actually own one?

Other urls found in this thread:

carandclassic.co.uk/car/C277500
carandclassic.co.uk/car/C277504
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

if you're a normie -> poorfag hell and shame but cheap to run

if you're an enthusiast -> fun and enjoyment driving and working on it

Why hell?

because normies who buy them are usually utterly poor.
they don't like the looks of the car because it looks too happy for them and silly but it is pretty much the cheapest you can go with a car so they buy them and driving them while grinding their teeth and fantasizing about a brand new, ~STYLISH~ car.

twingofags on the other hand appreciate it for having tons of room for a very small car, clever space concept that makes it possible to haul a fuckton (also great to deliver pizza if you're that desperate), bulletproof engine that came out like in the 60s, laughably cheap maintenance and running costs and the silly smile that greets you each morning. also if you're lucky, a giant roof that almost makes it feel like a convertible

>enthusiast
meme enthusiast?

that too but you shouldn't buy cars based on memes.
at most you should let yourself get inspired to investigate if it's actually something for you.

it just means youre a poorfag

Because ultimately it is a cheap nasty ecobox. Slow, noisy, uncomfortable, crap interior, uninspiring engine and gearbox.

What would you recommend as a car that costs you like €400 to buy, €80 a month in fuel, insurance and tax included but that isn't noisy, uncomfortable, slow, doesn't have an uninspiring engine, gearbox and crap interior?
>bus ticket
Exactly.

People who buy this do exactly know why they buy it.

>want to buy a twingo
>can only find twingo II and III's in UK

What can I do? Were Twingo 1s not sold here?

The point is at the end of the day it is a cheap crap car, hence why another user described it as poorfag hell for normies.

I would take one over the bus any day. To most people, it isn't a "nice" car.

carandclassic.co.uk/car/C277500
carandclassic.co.uk/car/C277504
There are a couple on eBay too, but they aren't cheap :(

Mk1 Twingo's never reached the UK. We had the Clio instead. Shame.

This absolutely mint one (sub 30k km) was sold for ~1.5k pounds in Bongland over Ebay in 2015.
Link to it was shared in one of these streams but Anons forgot about it and it went to someone who probably just wanted a cheap shitbox and got it.

So I guess it's not wrong to keep checking Ebay but maybe they're already climbing, not sure.

*threads not streams

1.5k in the UK is out of the "cheap shitbox" category.

Ah, didn't know that

If I'd have known that, I would have snapped it up. Students can get away with the "lol poorfag" status because we are poorfags. And, to be honest, the Twingo is a funky looking thing but I prefer the glass-top ones because, simply, I never knew it had a cloth-top option

I guarantee you, give it a couple years and fucking hipster faggots will do anything to get a first gen twingo.
history always repeats itself.
so far it happened to every car that looked different and was hated at some point.

look at this R4 for example. people never really thought it looks "beautiful" then it went through the "look at that fucking sorry ass poorfag" and then it went straight to collector item.

Yeah that's what happens with old cars.

accurate summary

It's just an typical, boring, shit car. Just like any average shitbox.

Veeky Forums just loves to force this Twingo meme down your throat to the point where you just wish this damn car never existed. Same goes for the Miata.

>the silly smile that greets you each morning

This alone would probably make it worthwhile by keeping me from killing myself without going full Gatebox waifu.

>It's just an typical, boring, shit car.
but that is objectively wrong?
you might hate it, that's a matter of taste but it has a lot of features that made it a rolemodel. for example the space concept. if you don't believe it look it up

Why the fuck are you using the word normie in this context because it doesnt make any fucking sense and just makes you look like some retarded reddit memer

Go fucking kill yourself

Someone is having an autism meltdown

It actually does make sense. Normal car enthusiasts can dislike the car for the hype Veeky Forums hype around it and for the simple reason that they don't like the looks of it or are into completely different classes of cars etc. but they understand its purpose and its advantages.
Normies usually just incoherently hate it and can't even explain it or just say they hate it.
And then of course there are spergs like you who just shitpost and or have autismfits.

Yup, the R4 is disproportionate and ugly. But I'd drive one anyways.

no matter what, a twingo will always smile and comfort you

>you are actually this mad

It looks and feels like driving a shoe