How much power would the BRZ/GT86 need to convince you to go out and buy one tomorrow?

How much power would the BRZ/GT86 need to convince you to go out and buy one tomorrow?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Wqtl7fXDKu4
torquenews.com/1084/toyota-86-subaru-brz-score-1-2-best-sports-car-kbb-s-5-year-cost-own-awards
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

350 whp to get my attention, 400 and i would definitely buy

Id be ok with what it had if I didnt have to bounce off the red line to get it.

Lollll.
Like you would...

The GT86 is already god-tier as it is.

600whp
and a fast lap around the Nuremberg

because we know that's all that matters

I think if they just swapped the engine to the FA20F with about 250/250 it'd be great.

200kw

Well Toyota marketing team, it's not so much the power as it is the price point being too close to other cars that will out muscle it. Change nothing but knock it down 2k or so and you'd have a truly great entry level tuner worthy of remembrance

this

>a 2000 dollhair price reduction will surely fix the torque valley and the fact it is outperformed by 20 year old diesel hatchbacks
Interesting.

Yep. Even if they slashed the price by $5k. It would be a great value, but it would still be what it is.

a supercharger on it to make it 250whp, that and a tune to fix the valley it has.

>It's already a car running on razor thin margins powered by high sales.

Yeah, nah. You're a tool.

>high sales
no

I see 20+ a day here in Alberta, And there's snow on the ground. Come summer there's fuckloads of them. Rich Asian parents give them as graduation presents. Most dealerships can't keep them in stock.

I'm a tool because your precious clodmachine isnt competitive in its price range? Alright

Because I can get a used and far more reliable BMW god machine for the same/less and do dounts around toyburu fags.

>the AE86 was literally a sporty Corolla
>there's a non-zero chance that Toyota actually has a Corolla faster than the 86

all I need is for the torque to be at 200 and I'd buy one right now

All I need is the money and I would buy one right now

That is a magnificent turd

Shit is selling like hotcakes nigger, look around you.

I would need some fuckin' money

how much does its original engine weigh?
anyone with a brain would 2jz swap this PoS and get it on

>valley
Canyon

Ftfy

Thank you.
Nice dubs too btw.

>doughnuts
>in a car with an open diff
busrider detected

swap it with the current wrx motor and its good

Kek you high? It is working, like it or not.

You should go to sleep now, bus will be there to pick you up at 7:30AM

>bus will be there to pick you up at 7:30AM
thanks for the reminder, I'll set my alarm clock for 6:45

175 peak crank hp

>Used BMW
>Far more reliable
>Open differential

You never had a car before didnt you?

275 and up.

300 HP with LSD

Why the fuck would you use a long ass and heavy 2jz when LS's exist? Turbo lag is useless in a 2800lb car.

It is already an LSD diff.

Thats why I wanted to know how much its stock motor weighs
by your post I can guess its a lot less than a 2jz, so Id go with an ls3 swap next
love me some v-ate

No it isn't.

Yeah, make sure you take a shower. Don't want to leave trace of your nightly anal fisting session from your dreams of owning a GT86.

Had a dream I was driving one last night funnily enough. It was super dark at night and I was driving it through chain link fences like it was GTA and it was no big deal.

Guess that's what happens when you are a bus rider, you have to conjure up delusions to fulfil your desires.

Yes it is.

the original engine is very heavy
one of the heaviest of it's type

it would need to not have a boxer engine

i don't give a shit about how much power it makes

What is gt2554

wait to so people who like the gt86 also like anal fisting?

babby turbo that belongs on a 1.4 litre cuckbox

250 -260whp, 220-240ft/lbs torque

Just because Toyota says it has a 'LSD' doesn't mean it locks enough lock to actually act like a proper locking diff.

Well it's a Torsen so it actually doesn't lock.
LOL at you thinking you get to decide how much lock an LSD needs before it becomes an LSD.
Dumb narcissistic faggot.

Was going to type up a proper response to this, but you're so retarded it's not even worth it.

Just because something is called an 'LSD' doesn't mean it acts like a fucking welded axle in a loss of traction scenario.

Just a shame no one gives a shit what you think is an LSD or not huh?

>how much power

It'd need to become a shooting brake, first. I'll never own a coupe again. Way too impractical.

To have a similar power to weight ratio as a modern base model v8 pony car it would need roughly 350 hp, but 300 hp would be acceptable. Either way it's severely underpowered in its current state.

I've owned cars with AWD that have a (((LSD))) on the front axle and they still spin like shit as though it were an open diff. Not all LSD's are created equal. It's like saying your car has an LS9 because it's a V8.

You're talking about a locking differential. An LSD is a limited slip differential. Limited slip != locking. Lockers are used in offroad vehicles, not sports cars.

Your shit life story doesn't change the definition of an LSD. You literally don't matter, get over it.

Irrelevant.

youtube.com/watch?v=Wqtl7fXDKu4

Give a BRZ 600bhp and it's diff wont lock like vid related and make the rear axle float, maybe learn a thing or two about how a car handles before you shitpost.

It will, actually. Helical diff aren't like clutch packs where you can overwhelm them with power and they stop locking. Helicals rely on binding between gear sets, so they're either engaged or not. The only "problem" with them is that they act like an open diff if one wheel has no load at all on it, which only happens when you lift a tire off the ground. That's why you use a proper locking diff for offroading. In a drag launch like the video you linked, it would be locked hard.

>350

I was going to say exactly this.

i dont give a shit about the frs

i never knew about the sfr until Veeky Forums, and I want one now. In a decent color of course.

Around 250hp.

Just to put it relatively on par with my FD. You honestly don't need much more than that at this weight class to have fun in a street car.

Honestly I'd be happy with it if it didn't have the torque dropoff out of the factory - don't necessarily need to give it more power for me, just don't make me have to fuck with the ECU to have fun in your car.

240-250

It needs to be able to essentially equal the hp/weight ratio of a S2000

250hp, with no torque dip and better tires stock

make a Twin-charged 500hp mid-engine version with 4WD and massive intakes.

all i really want is just a modern Delta S4 that doesnt cost $400,000.

Has anyone ever swapped a Coyote engine into one of these?? I'd love to see how it performs.

150hp, hell they could even make a cheapo version with no engine

I have $28k with Toyota/Subaru's name on it right now.

Good thing it won't ever happen.

Those are some unrealistic expectations, faggot.

This. Also, jacking up the price each year without any improvements or real changes is not OK.

I think just installing the turbo variant of the engine would make things more interesting. Even if it was a few grand more, I'd buy it.

close to 250 whp would be perfect for this car.

it has the current WRX engine you retarded cunt

in fact this car introduced the new WRX engine

jesus

shut the fuck up

you people need to fucking stop

A new 250 hp NA BEAMS engine.

Any other answer is by 14 year olds.

This. Why did Toyota cuck us?

200hp at the crank. The chassis is why.

A minimum of 1000 and it better cost less than $9,000 as well

What part of Alberta do you live in? I'm in GP, and there are 3 people in the entire city with an ft86. Two BRZ and one Toyota.

It's really not. Sales figures dropped off after 2014 because everyone who wanted one already had one, and its target demographic is driving enthusiasts who can't afford a Vette.

Well there is a shooting brake version. There's only one, but it does exist.

Kinda like to factory forced-induction versions, of which only a handful were made, because apparently making cool cars and not selling them is more profitable than actually moving product. I just don't understand Toyota at all.

It looks like someone used a sharpie to draw an angry Pepe onto the tip of a Chinese man's cock. Why would you want that.

if you're such a serious racing man you need 400hp, spend a couple grand on a quality turbo kit.

like fucking everyone else have done by now

XRS

Give me 250-300 and I would consider it

You can get a supercharger kit for 5 grand that'll push it up to 300. Just because it doesn't come with one stock doesn't mean anything is stopping you from getting a supercharged version.

300hp/250tq
300/300

you're so mad at that guy it's infallible. just accept it has an LSD so shit it's not even worth acknowledging as an LSD.

except you can make that argument for literally any car. what makes the brz good then? its handling? a wrx, golf, miata, handle similar if not better than it. all at the same price range.

Enough to be faster than an S2000, oh.

or a 33k miat-

oh

>a wrx, golf, miata, handle similar if not better than it. all at the same price range.

hmm, no.

its time to dump it all

now, who else wants a 5k BRZ, brand new with 800rwd

oh wait no toyota is cucking us or something am i rite guise

You've driven them all? I find this claim dubious.

Handling characteristics in the Toyobaru are more involved than the Miata, the WRX or the Golf, the latter two being piss-poor comparisons with an entirely different drivetrain layout. On top of this, every review and comparison that isn't from Veeky Forums praises the 86 as Jesus Christ come back to Earth in the form of a vehicle chassis. Finally, the 86, stock, has a power of 200hp to a weight ratio of 12.4lb/hp, compared to the Miatas' 15. The MY15, 305 hp Mustang only has a ratio of 11.46. Bump up the engine to the GT with 435 hp, and you've got a ratio of 8.5.

Now take the 86 with a supercharger kit, that's 300 hp, and an increase of (under) 110 lbs, that's a ratio of 9.1 or lower, for $10,000 less than the Ford.

The lack of stock horsepower is not a drawback, it's proportioned for the chassis weight to let the car slide around sideways. Not all sports cars are dragsters, you see. But the lighter body and spacious engine bay make it a prime hotrod platform for anyone who actually cares.

Finally, for the car jews who actually care about long-term value,
torquenews.com/1084/toyota-86-subaru-brz-score-1-2-best-sports-car-kbb-s-5-year-cost-own-awards
the 86 has the best cost to own and retention of value of any production sports car on the market.

OK. That's just fucking hilarious.

>what makes the brz good then?

oh gee i dunno

>its handling?

yes?

couple that with the fact that it is the -only- current, sub 2700 pound FR.

/THREAD

>spacious engine bay
What

>muh chassis
What

>excuses for choosing a fucking boxer engine
What

Are you illiterate, or just willfully ignorant?