You have precisely 15 seconds to justify why you haven't LS swapped your car yet

You have precisely 15 seconds to justify why you haven't LS swapped your car yet.

Other urls found in this thread:

hotrod.com/articles/hrdp-1109-stock-gm-ls-engine-big-bang-theory/
youtube.com/watch?v=FZysDu2UiB0
gmauthority.com/blog/gm/gm-engines/ls9/
chevrolet.com/performance/crate-engines/lsx-454-r.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

im poor

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ also not a boxer

I dont have a Honda

heavy stupid gay pushrods outdated memes

>Swapping a v6 mustang with an LS

Worst-sounding veeyate.

1JZ a best

Slap a junkyard turbo on that meme and it outperforms $100k handbuilt German engines while weighing less.

PUSHRODS

Because it came with one already in it

An ls has never ever won le mans or formula 1 tho

Who gives a fuck? You nerd. Nobody gives a fuck in the real world. Were busy driving our cars not watching race cars tailgate each other for 24 hours.

It's fast where it matters, The highway.

m54 > ls
stay btfo

and blow up before them too

what this homie said

You said it outperforming 100k German engines
Clearly not

>the highway

oh so talentless hacks who cant even launch a car like the LS

makes sense

Too much effort for the Max, the Mustang's Mod 4.6 is doing just fine, won't fit in the Z, and the Cavi is too light for such torx.

When everyone starts using the same engine, cars lose their uniqueness.

It's no longer, "hey look at that supra/skyline/fd" it turns into "my LS is better than yours".

Then everything gets boring and car culture dies a slow pushrod powered v8 death.

1. doesn´t fit
2. too heavy
3. wouldn´t survive my style of driving long
4. inefficient

I want to, actually, but I want to do the entire thing myself and that requires more money and knowledge than I have right now, I'll also need another vehicle as my daily while I do this.

Wouldn´t a LS swap be a downgrade for the R-35?
I mean it has 441kW stock and the LS only like 375kW?

I was referring to twin turbo V12 AMG engines that can barely break 600hp.

people did it before they learned to work the VR38

its a big downgrade yes

the ones that arent made for performance?
the ones that gain 100+hp from a simple ecu flash?

Fuck no. That's naturally aspirated, Add a supercharger or twin turbo's and it's no comparison. The LS is smaller and lighter than that pigfat boar anchor V6. It's more reliable and has a smoother powerband than the Nissan V6.

It really shows how well the LS is engineered.

hey doc brown i think you mean HP not jigawatts

I looked that one up, they needed to detune it, because the drivetrain wasn´t up to the 1200Nm,

An LS swap is a downgrade for pretty much no car.

>infinitely reliable
>huge aftermarket support
>sounds the shit
>hugely powerful
>massive torque
>no weight
>small space taken up

What's not to like? It's literally the God engine, and I'm not even an Americunt.

No, kW is the standart unit to measure power.

Most LS's live in trucks... They're not made for performance either unless you stick them in a sports car. The amount you spent on that "simple ecu flash" could of got you 500hp with a LS, not to mention your warranty is now void.

trucks dont typically use an LS

and lol that piece of shit LS wont have a warranty even when stock and no you wont get that power

>infinitely reliable
Untill it shits itself faster than a 13b-MSP
>huge aftermarket support
Only in burgerland
>sounds the shit
Indeed, it sounds shitty.
>hugely powerful
Less than the stock V-6 in the R-35.
>massive torque
Doesn´t matter since the R-35s gearbox is geared correctly for the stock V-6.
>no weight
Not less than the V-6
>small space taken up
More than the V-6.

I forgot to mention, that the R-35 now has aftermaket intercoolers with shrouds specially desinged for its twin turbo V-6.

>1200Nm

Is that supposed to be a lot?? Why don't they just not Jew out on Chinese transmissions?

Like you even need a warranty for a LS. If you blow a hole in the block go to the wreckers and get a new engine for a grand. Or walk into a dealership and buy a new crate engine for the cost of a basic service on a Mercedes.

>Untill it shits itself faster than a 13b-MSP
complete bullshit and you know it
>Only in burgerland
I'm in the UK, people LS swap TVR's all the time, they have bags of support and I'm 4000 miles away
>Indeed, it sounds shitty.
Nope, sounds top-tier even though it doesn't rev amazingly high
>Less than the stock V-6 in the R-35.
An N/A car makes less power than a car with forced induction? Hold the presses boys.
>Doesn´t matter since the R-35s gearbox is geared correctly for the stock V-6.
Whatever, keep shitposting about the R35 if you want, but the point is you can pick up a car with an LS for 1/6th the price of an R35. It's a retarded comparison and you know it is
>Not less than the V-6
Wrong
>More than the V-6.
Wrong

The original V-6 can take higher boost as well.
I up to about 1000kW are possible with it, if you use different turbos.

You forgot to mention that it's a piece of shit. The 3.8tt weighs 100lbs more than a LS.

>handbuilt German engine

I wish this meme would die, it means less than nothing.

yeah because theres any LS that comes close to that

and lol LS engines are shit when it comes to making power unless you get an aftermarket block and bottom end

your grand engine wont be an LS either

fucking fanboys lmao

sry not every car uses a tractor engine too

>>infinitely reliable
>Untill it shits itself faster than a 13b-MSP
Shits itself how? It wont.
>>huge aftermarket support
>Only in burgerland
Not true.
>>sounds the shit
>Indeed, it sounds shitty.
Only to people who have fartcans on their civic
>>hugely powerful
>Less than the stock V-6 in the R-35.
Slap twins on it for less than the price of a r-35 block
>>massive torque
>Doesn´t matter since the R-35s gearbox is >geared correctly for the stock V-6.
We are talking about a swap here...
>>no weight
>Not less than the V-6
Lol false. VR38DETT weighs 600lbs, Fully dressed ls6 with manual trans is under 500lbs.
>>small space taken up
>More than the V-6.
Again... false.

Have you ever seen an LS engine? I would guess not.

My dream project is an LS swapped 996. It would be the perfect DD for me. Saving up for it now.

>shit when it comes to making power unless you get an aftermarket block and bottom end

Patently false.

hotrod.com/articles/hrdp-1109-stock-gm-ls-engine-big-bang-theory/

then he posts a modified engine on a dyno that isnt an LS as some kind of proof

what a tard

They do have problems with metal pieces staying in the block and can´t handle high load for long time.

>doesn´t rev high
That is one reason it sounds shitty.
>An N/A car makes less power than a car with forced induction?
A 3,5L turbo makes more power than a ~7L.
>Whatever, keep shitposting about the R35 if you want, but the point is you can pick up a car with an LS for 1/6th the price of an R35. It's a retarded comparison and you know it is
It already is a R-35.

Also if you would keep the original transmission you would make the car even slower since the LS has less power and less rpm.
Still has more power and rev range than a LS.

If you were going to make more than stock power with something then it would have to be modified. The test was done with the specific intent to break the stock rotating assembly under sheer force conditions. How are you supposed to find the power levels that something breaks unless it's on a dyno?

doesnt matter

its not a stock engine
its not a LS
its not under real world stress

>Shits itself how? It wont.
It can´t handle high load, and a R35 would only see WOT close to the rev limiter where I live.
>Slap twins on it for less than the price of a r-35 block
If you have a R-35 chances are high it contains a engine as well.
>Lol false. VR38DETT weighs 600lbs, Fully dressed ls6 with manual trans is under 500lbs.
Including the V-6 makes more power.
>V.8 smaller than V-6
due to its additional 2 cylinders it is longer than a V-6 engine.

Also it's a gen III Chevrolet V8, otherwise known as the "LS architecture." Dimensionally identical but made from pig iron.

>A 3,5L turbo makes more power than a ~7L.
Displacement makes zero difference outside of benchracing. In the real world a car with an LS motor will get comparable, if not better, fuel economy than an R35.

yet u tards act like its a lightweight engine

but only the iron block is worth a shit for power

if its not an LSx its not an LS either

I like that complete irrelevant info you bring up

like how u compare an engine to a car too lmao

2 overdrives and cylinder shutoff to get mediocre mileage isnt nice

Still has more power and rev range than a LS.

Nope. The LS9 puts out 70 more hp and 139 more "torks" while weighing less. You don't need rev range in a 4000lb beast that's what 8+ speed transmissions are for even though the GTR engine can only rev a couple hundred rpm more than the ancient V8.

If both engines would be geared for the same topspeed in the smae car, the 3,5L turbo would get a better fuel economy.
The original GTR R-35 is geared verry short, so short it actualy limits its topspeed.

I don't even like LS based engines but I'm the first to admit that they are the best engine out there well besides the rotary

>not an LS
It has stock pistons, stock rings, stock rods, stock pressed wrist pins, stock crank, stock mains and stock fasteners. Your point of contention was that the engine couldn't make big power on a stock block and rotating assembly and there it is, making big power on a stock block and rotating assembly. Move the goalposts all you like, you're wrong.

You should lay off the Gran Autismo and go look at a real life engine so you get a concept of size.

LS cant make power

ur wrong

your grapsing doesnt help

>LS9
It has 38 hp more than the VR38DETT while displacing about twice as much and beeing supercharged.
>I don´t like it
>I think it is the best
You contradict yourself.
The LS is still longer than the V-6.

>2 overdrives and cylinder shutoff to get mediocre mileage isnt nice
It's a known fact that high output LS engines still get respectable highway fuel economy.

So is this about the time you realize you're out of your depth and start saying even more ridiculous things and ten minutes later you go "WOW ARE YOU STILL REPLYING? OP COMPLETE MY DUDES, I WAS ONLY PRETENDING TO BE RETARDED!"

>implying my jap shitbox could fit a veeate in it, much less an LS1

but u have been wrong this entire thread

looks like u have reached the point where u bitch and moan about that fact while pretending to have accomplished something lmao

Because in doing so you manage to make both the car and the motor worth less than if you'd kept them separate.

Because nobody wants to buy Bubba's car with a hacked in LS, a car where half the gauges work right and the other half, lol. A car that runs right sometimes but most of the time runs like shit or breaks things regularly, etc.

I haven't even been here this entire thread.

Because it already has a 6.2L Supercharged engine?

if thats what u want to pretend with ur no new ip post

fuckin rekt ya stupid fuck

Yeah... Like your nigger rims and shitty body kit add value... Buy a Camry if you want something with resale value.

Even kei cars can fit LS in them (not that you'd want to)
youtube.com/watch?v=FZysDu2UiB0

My enine bay could fit a 1,6L i4 maximum.
It is even smaller than the one of that KEi car.

because i don't know what an LS swap is

It refers to switching your engine to a Cevrolet LS engine.
Usually it fucks up your ballance and increases your fuel consuption a lot and adds some power.
But not on a GTR, it would loose power with that engine.

>But not on a GTR, it would loose power with that engine.

You sure about that?

gmauthority.com/blog/gm/gm-engines/ls9/

Ok, throwing aside the 'resale value' argument, you're basically trying to out-engineer a multimillion dollar engineering department staffed with some of the brightest minds in the industry, backed by a multibillion dollar corporation by tossing a motor into a car that wasn't designed for it. It wasn't designed to have that weight there, it wasn't designed to have its CG there, it wasn't designed to communicate with that motor, it wasn't designed to handle the extra torque or horsepower, it just wasn't designed for that shit.

But sure, toss fistfuls of money and an LS at your poor car, I'm sure it'll be fun to drive for a weekend or two before it falls apart.

One exception: the DeLorean, providing you upgrade the input shaft to a forged one on that stupid Renault tranny.

but i drive a tiburon i don't think it'd fit properly

also it's fwd

looool

Time, effort, money. Not many vehicles actually benefit the increase in power, especially when it's combined with a decrease in economy.

Ususally it refers to the naturaly aspirated versions, not the ones with forced inducton.
Also getting 27kWp more power can be done much cheaper.
That is chiptuning level.
I would suggest bigger turbos and bigger intercoolers wich would be much cheaper than a new engine+transmission.

Stop getting your technical information from RCR, it's going to bite you in the ass.

Cuz a 302 is cheaper.

>LS9 crate that barely makes any more power
>$20,000

>1400whp VR38DETT setup
>$15,000

good deal

So we should all drive boring stock cars? You could say that about any "mawd" really.

Not many people LS swap a stock car, They upgrade the tires, brakes, suspension, etc first. It's 2017... We have the technology to handle the extra power.

A properly swapped car will be more skookum than the stock car. People drive across the country in xxxxhp cars with no reliability issues.

>hyundai tiburon
>korean 2,7L V-6
>172hp
That is a weird car...

because im transverse senpai

Not all stock cars are boring.

You can go high compression NA on a LS too, This is cheaper than turbo's and will still hit 700hp.

You realize a GTR engine is upwards of $70k right?

Parts for a LS are 10x cheaper and more plentiful.

LS4 got you covered senpai.

although i never seen a transverse LS4 swap outside of other W-body cars so probably wouldn't work.

too bad a GT-R comes with the VR38DETT

dumb swap idea

>it's fast where it matters, the highway

Power doesn´t make your car corner any better.
Tires, suspension and functional aero do.
On most tracks your speed is limited due to your ability to corner. If you can corner better, you can drive faster.
Also changing tires/suspension /bodykits/spoilers/wings is much cheaper and easier than a engine swap.

How much does a 700hp LS cost?
More than 2 bigger turbos for the GTR?

It's not always about the laptimes. Highway pulls and mile events are fun too.

Why are you comparing the price of a crate engine to the cost of modding a $120k car?

The hp per $ will always be higher with the LS. There's no denying this.

An rb25 goes better in datsun anyways Nissan to Nissan

The twin turbo amg engines that make 1000hp with a tune, have waay more torque, and have a waay better area under the curve?
Like comparing a 500hp Honda 4cyl to a stock ls7 lmaoo

Retarded burgers

>It's not always about the laptimes. Highway pulls and mile events are fun too.
Because GTRs are usually used for time attack and cornering is more fun than driving in a straight line.
>Why are you comparing the price of a crate engine to the cost of modding a $120k car?
Because we are talking about LS swapping a GTR R-35.
Getting more power in it usually is simpler and cheaper with upgraded turbos.

It makes 730hp stock in the best version, 1000hp shold be a joke for it.

You pr9ved him right
LS engines are aluminium
They can't make shit for power without upgraded internals

The vortec is iron block

The argument for ls is mainly weight, how cheap it is and how much power they can make
Protip: it isn't cheap
Protip: they can't make much more power than stock without having big durability issues
Protip: posting an IRON BLOCK 4800 VORTEC TRUCK ENGINE to support your claims of cost and power, you shatter the weight argument...

Ls fags want to have everything and go full mental gymnastics when it's pointed out you can't

This thread is about LS engines
Not Gen iii sbcs

730hp from a TT V12 is a joke. Especially when it needs $10k a month in maintenance if you actually use it.

chevrolet.com/performance/crate-engines/lsx-454-r.html

fucking carbed ffs. How do Germans pull that horrible engineering off?

Its a detuned luxury car you fucking mong
Not a all out performance car

Amg v12s make similar power na. So yeah...
Do you have any idea what area under the curve is? The twin turbo v12s are making crazy fucking power and torque straight off idle.
>and still more reliable than a 650hp lt4
Lmao

Stay retarded, bus rider