/r6g/ - Rainbow Six General

soon edition

>/r6g/ FAQ, Guide, and Links (Newfriends, read this!)
pastebin.com/Wi0PwtYw

>/r6g/ OP Pastebin & Groups
pastebin.com/gWcgwQyJ
Steam: steamcommunity.com/groups/R6GO
PS4: Add dazint8
Xbone: Add IMadSpykeI

>/r6g/ Drawfriend Galleries
r6gdrawfriends.booru.org/
imgur.com/a/rVmZG

>Teamspeak for /r6g/ operations
OperatorOperations.teamspeak.host
The password is: Operations
IP address: 159.203.29.41:9988

>Official News & Known Issues
Velvet Shell releases on February 7th.
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-US/updates/velvetshell/index.aspx
youtube.com/watch?v=TuNPJIVR9AM
youtube.com/watch?v=5uUxOuOnyR8
youtube.com/watch?v=hTke6uUPvNw
youtube.com/watch?v=NnL_Af5kSzY&feature=youtu.be&t=24m20s
Upcoming Changes to Pro League
reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/comments/5odf7q/year_two_of_rainbow_six_siege_competition/
Year 2 has been confirmed. New CTU's will be Spain, Hong Kong, Poland, and South Korea.
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-GB/news/detail.aspx?c=tcm:154-275000-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32
Patch 5.3 is live.
forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1547228-Patch-Notes-Update-5-3
forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1332624-Top-Priorities-and-Known-Issues-Updated-1-4-2017

choked defeat:

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/xy1LpqEd
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for "remember to do your best".

Second for Montreal best ubisoft

> double embed

im so sorry

Least you made a thread user

>"pro" league can't out meta /r6g/

SAD!

Why does Kapkan's gun feel so piddly? Is the SASG the better pick?

9th for over 300 confirmed kills

About what time will the new patch release?

It should be out now on PC, but it isn't.

thanks ubi

9-10am est for PS4 later for xbone and PC

xth for shitty fanfic
pastebin.com/xy1LpqEd

>new DLC is releasing
>New meta is exact opposite of Dust Line
>Instead of adding operators that will force a roaming meta
>They added operators that will kill the roaming meta

Get ready for Jackal to not be patched until a season and a half from now

Can't you counter Jackal by just doubling back the way you came or some shit?

patch times

Thank fucking god

Or defending the objective.

>season and a half from now

Try some time next year.

> people were talking about how useless jackal would be
> now complaining about how overpowered he is going to be

""""""people"""""

How do we make the following operators good:

>Blitz

>Kapkan

>Chanka

>Castle

>Mute

yeah i tend to assume that this video game is played by people

Make Kapkan 2 speed 2 armor so he can properly fuck off during setup and place his traps.

>tfw in the future games will be played by full ai robots and people will spectate only

I find the VSN a little weak compared to other SMGs, but I have good accuracy using it with the Reflex sight.

The SASG is pretty powerful, but even with the vert grip it kicks a ton, so be prepared.

>Blitz
Fix hitbox

>Kapkan
2/2

>Chanka
I don't have a clue.

>Castle
Already good.

>Mute
Already good.

> blitz

fix head hixbox

> kapkan
make 2/2 but that won't ahppen

> chanka
he's alright now

> castle
he's fine with 3 minute ranked timers and is good at what he does.

> mute
perfectly fine

>Blitz
Fix hitbox.

>Kapkan
2/2 with invisible lasers. Drones already spot out most stuff and IQ would finally be useful.

>Tachanka
Get rid of the stupid recoil they introduced during his buff. Make his MG window mountable.

>Castle
Armor piercing rifle exclusively for him so he can shoot through his own barricades.

>Mute
He's already fine, but I kind of wish his jammers were wall mountable so he can jam hatches and hide his jammers better.

As everyone points out, Tachanka's weakness is being anchored in place in a game where mobility is crucial. I'd keep the LMG, but remove the turret and make it bipod mounted. Middle-click to switch from other gun to LMG, can't shoot unless deployed, auto-deploys when prone or against chest-high cover, can move or rotate aim along cover, but moving away from cover auto-undeploys LMG. Loose the shield, but increase damage to match Glaz's rifle (since they both fire the same round).

>Attackers start in the middle
>Defenders have to defend a ring-ish building
>Passages under the main map floor that allow defenders to book it to other side of map

Fund it

>Instead of a single flash, allow him to have 3 charges of continuous, uninterrupted 7-10 seconds of flash to allow him to push harder.
>Adjustable height on windows
>Wait until Mira enters the meta
>Faster deploy for quick area denial
>Larger upward range, allow him to cover hatches too

>Larger upward range, allow him to cover hatches too
Now that I think about it, no, he's fine as is, I'm just too drunk

>Play Cav
>silent step everywhere
>the guy meant to counter roamers can't counter the one operator that roams the most

>blitz
Make his head smaller, make his shield larger, make him 2/2 so he can actually breach a room at something other than a snail's pace. The flash has pretty tragic range and it'd be nice if you could close the distance to your target that little bit faster.

>kapkan
2/2 is pretty much all he needs. His traps are already effective enough if you know how to use them, giving him the ability to place them further out will make him much better. Invisible laser is a possibility, but may be too much. You can't check literally every single door at two points from both sides before you move through it, that'd be tedious and unfun.

>tachanka
Drop the stationary MG gimmick, turn it in to a mobile primary without the shield. Has to hold RMB to be able to fire, and it slows him to a walking pace whilst he does. Good at chewing through walls, good at pinning down doorways, but still easy to kill.

>castle
Give castlecades a three tier damage model; intact, slightly broken, very broken. One sledge hit, one frag, four melee hits for each tier. Opens up slightly more each time, but can never be passed until completely destroyed; makes it more of an obstacle and lets defenders actually defend it by turning it in to a casemate of sorts.

>mute
Give his routers the same targeting mechanics as Jager's ADS, so he can put them on walls.

j-jaeger

Good. Rivalries are better than hard counters. That's the main reason I don't enjoy Overwatch, but it'd be even worse in Siege since you don't know what the enemy team picked until it's too late to ever change it, and there aren't any respawns.

Tachanka's weakness is that his turret should be proportional in damage to the risk it takes with mobility.

Right now accuracy sucks - in a game where everyone has laser beams. The shield has drastically helped, but a deployable shield to protect your bottom half severely cuts turret utility since you can't even aim at the torso at times. So at best you feel limited and at worse you are trying to kill someone you are shooting at but not landing hits

Tachanka doesn't work not because he goes against a very specific mantra of the game, but because his going against the tide is not a balanced proposition. You can defend shit from behind cover better as anyone EXCEPT Tachanka in many cases.

There are a few objectives where he is alright, like behind the Bar in Chalet - but those are limited and not even every map has one good Tachanka spot - like where the fuck is a good spot on house for Tachanka?

They're basing the balance around Pro League, and so far Caveira is a non-factor in it. The idea is Jackal is the counter to most roamers while Caveira is his counter.

It sounds stupid, but in a way it's good because Jackal is going to fuck roamers hard, so forcing this cat and mouse game on him will keep him from shutting down roaming in general.

>implying he won't just track the footsteps you leave when you come out of silent step that will appear even when you are not moving

R I P

>good spot on house

Mira might help a lot in that regard. Garage, Construction, and Main Bedroom would all have amazing fields of fire.

Valentine's day is coming and they're probably going to do something. What do you expect for events this year, besides charms and impractical challenges?

at the cost of giving the enemy a free hibana hole, mira is a very double edged sword

>want to play siege and oper8
>cs professor assigned a bullshit project that's due on friday
Fuck Percolation and fuck Java.

If you like Siege so much, why are you in a CS class?

Possibly. I could see shooting OUT of the closet into kids room with Tachanka but I'm not 100% sure here.

and thats a two operator investment, and especially since Mira can't even really do anything well on Main Bedroom. Where else is she gonna put the other mirror? Bathroom? At the mercy of 3 windows? Fuck.

>one castle barricade taking 3 frag grenades is balanced

Reinforced walls are gonna get breached sooner or later. Letting the defender choose when and where is pretty huge.

As opposed to what? Attempting to go pro? Being an English professor.

I'd rather do CS then do some shitty major like English, and going pro is for the blind.

I think you are underestimating the power of Hibana and how it will largely match Mira irrelevant, except on some very specific objectives and walls.

The mindset of "They are going to get in anyways, so we should counter them" is a move you see a lot of Echo players use - they'll keep the drone super close to the objective or even in the objective room. Once the attackers get in? They can prevent them from reliably moving further.

>>kapkan
>2/2 is pretty much all he needs. His traps are already effective enough if you know how to use them, giving him the ability to place them further out will make him much better. Invisible laser is a possibility, but may be too much. You can't check literally every single door at two points from both sides before you move through it, that'd be tedious and unfun.

or you could drone
or you could bring IQ

Why do games never have vertically-oriented maps?

Because the enemy's gate isn't down.

> tfw too intelligent to be wasting my life in college

how does it feel knowing that im working a job that pays more than your shitty degree ever will and i dont have to pay out the ass for it.

>lets make the lasers on Kapkan's trap invisible so you'll have to stop at every door to check if there's a trap, overall slowing the game down tremendously to the point where attackers reach the objective site within the last few seconds of the round ending
>it's fine because by doing this players are forced into playing IQ every fucking match because without her you're stuck droning every door or going slow
I already see where this is going so how about you drop the bullshit cover up and say what you really wanna say user.
>force IQ as a must pick because muh german waifu
>make 3 speeds worthless, except for iq, because boo hoo 3 speeds are op
2/2 Kapkan is the only understandable buff. Fuck off invisible laser fags.

t. Kapkan main

What job do you have?

Really the only buff Kapkan needs is

>2/2
>ACOG on the Vityaz
>Add a fourth IED

And now we're talking

Funnels one team with stairs, advantage for defenders

So this happened

Maid Outfits When?!?!?!?!

>like where the fuck is a good spot on house for Tachanka?

Oldest b8 in the world son

After female operator toenail polish patch

Clearly it needs more ways up then, like repelling or something.
But Im also talking about other games too, like Dirty Bomb could have some kick ass maps if they just played with some verticality

I'm not that guy, but sorry for wanting to learn about something

Cool man.

i do mocap work at ubisoft toronto

>Images of Koreans
>Didn't fall for the student meme
Depending on your favorite operator, you are my dearest nigga.

>got the drop on them
>red crosshair multiple times
>still only one kill

This is the exact reason his turret is shit

which one of you queers is autisticscreech?

Nice.

me

is this the new korean op?

>I probably know you

Small world

>t. Kapkan main
Apparently one that doesn't drone a lot.

>I already see where this is going so how about you drop the bullshit cover up and say what you really wanna say user.
>force IQ as a must pick because muh german waifu
Except if you're not shit and you know Kapkan's on the other team you immediately drone doorways you're going to move through. 10 drones on ATK is enough for the whole team find and communicate where the traps are. IQ would just save time and drones, something precious for ranked games.

>make 3 speeds worthless, except for iq, because boo hoo 3 speeds are op
>he thinks everybody else is stupid enough to run inside a room mindlessly like he does

that was a good match

not actually

i know, we played like shit i had fun tho

i'm not actually him you've been deceived

I actually like this

Dunno about ACOG tho but yeah, 2/2 and another trap could work.

I mean, they gave Bandit another battery and Fuze an extra grenade per charge, so why not?

ive been bamboozled

what map is this?

i might know you too.

do you like cats?

Of course. I'm not saying he's good. Getting a kill is nice, but damaging them and wasting time is my main priority. I shit you not this is my rank strategy:

I only do it round 1 because I catch them off guard since they think I'm a normal peeker and they wind up trying to trade against the shield. It also forces them to waste more time by slowly approaching the building every round afterwards because they don't know if I'll pull out Tachanka again.

But yeah the buggy piece of shit needs some fixing and a buff, mostly reducing the recoil that was never needed. My turret's sight starts fucking up towards the end of the webm; this shit happens constantly in games.

Velvet Shell's. One of the hostage spawns is on top of that metal beam.

What are some good resources for learning the more cheesy (i.e. top level) tactics. Like is there a guide on what windows I go to when Defending to get free kills on approach.

git gud the old fashioned way, get your ass kicked until you can replicate it

Not going to give too much away ;)

I'll see you tomorrow, friend.

Break windows, not glass, you can be a certain distance away from a window to not break the glass.

This seems like more knowledge though. And I'm pretty good at absorbing knowledge.

Also I'm fucking terrible at navigation so if someone on one of the other teams takes some sneaky route I probably won't be able to replicate it because I'm bad at translating the interior of each map with exterior.

>Fuze gets buffed and an extra charge
>I get 5 Fuze charge kills a match for a week
>Take a break for a while
>Just came back
>Can't kill anyone with them but myself
Did they nerf him again?

Run around maps in custom matches until you get familiar with environments. The compass and yellow ping are your friends.

Post pro strats you invented

Skyscraper, they started rappelling with the hostage and dropped the hostage over the side.

I hope you didnt just invent this user....

I really wish Ubisoft would bring back the community stats

So what you've said is what you believe are the improvements on invisible lasers? Ok. Let me tell you something.
>Except if you're not shit and you know Kapkan's on the other team you immediately drone doorways you're going to move through.
Why do that when I can just look out for lasers and then shoot the trap in the game's current state? Why make the game so much more tedious? Are you so assblasted about people entering compounds quickly that you think slowing down the game for everyone instead of getting gud is ok? Nah fuck off man.
>10 drones on ATK is enough for the whole team find and communicate where the traps are.
Teams can currently communicate where traps are right now, so making the lasers invisible will not change anything based on your analysis.
>IQ would just save time and drones, something precious for ranked games.
Once again stop forcing your waifu on people. Why are waifufags the worst kind of people?
>he thinks everybody else is stupid enough to run inside a room mindlessly like he does
Buddy, I'm a Kapkan main. On the attacking side I play Buck or Fuze most of the time. You know what that means? I go slow most of the time. And from what I've seen rushing into objective rooms is a viable tactic since there are times when there's only 1 person on site. You want to punish a viable tactic because you or your teammates went off roaming like dumbasses, leaving the site undefended? You sound like one of those rainbow six siege forum posters. How many levels are you on user? How many?