youtube.com/watch?v=mS28NX4UGe0

>Corolla iM
youtube.com/watch?v=lWCRHYOJwdI

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?requestSource=b&adId=1231432025
trdsparks.com/install/PT413-21140inst.pdf
imgur.com/a/saIEC
driving.ca/toyota/yaris/auto-news/news/toyota-jumps-into-hot-hatch-world-with-yaris-grmn
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>How do I join the montage?
See pic related

Very nice senpai. I know it's a prius but as said I would definitely put some wheels on it, I'm sure something black would look great. How's it treating you so far?

As long as it's been maintained I would go for it, would make a great grocery getter. Just test drive first obviously.

We love blogposts. Sounds like a good way to learn how to do some stuff on your own, good luck

Newer corollas are pretty nice inside though senpai
I'm sick unfortunately and it's like 85 degrees out so I can't do too much with the car today. Might run up to oreilly's later and pick up some detailing stuff though.

Whatever, I'll post again.

Got to see the cloth for the seats and am pretty happy with it. The interior will look really fresh(tm). Also fired up the engine after winter and it's fine, think I fixed the alternator not charging the battery by wiggling the connector a couple times.

Still contemplating what to do in terms of cams/pistons and have gotten some really great answers over at club4ag. I might not be able to get that done this year though, so it'll be later in the future. Have to save my money for a couple other things this year, including a trip to Japan. Among others, I'll visit the garage in Kyoto where this car has been at least once.

Just got a 01 Lexus IS300. Pretty happy with it but I need to get the rocker panels fixed cause they've got some legitimate rust. Overall it was 135k and clean for 3,000 so I'm okay with this.

>135k
>3k

Great job user, that's pretty low mileage for being an 01, and a pretty good price too. I'm proud. Enjoy.

wow plenty of NSW Toyota bro's here
South west sydney reporting in

Hatches are fun

ls430 or ls460? which would be more reliable ?
lots of mixed opinions on 460

yes no space for people, only things

Nice score and welcome!

Yes

I love how clean that thing is

Sounds like a good deal. Is it manual?

People are temporary but things are forever

>Blogpost general
They just introduced all day breakfast where I live. Gonna go on a drive then get a bag of sausage McMuffins. What are you up to Veeky Forums
It's funny how many people get excited for my rusty slow shitbox because it happens to say supra on it.

2nd gen tC right?

LS430 is more reliable

Yeah, this one

Just finished eating Chipotle like an hour ago. Their sofritas/tofu is pretty good. First time trying tofu ever. What's that cool looking building in the back?

do you mean campbeltown

Dude, Supra's look fucking awesome. What engine do you have?

I'm going to go grab a mcgriddle now

What 'yota? Looks incredibly practical.

Basically doing a complete restoration work on it in small steps. The previous owner in Japan took great care of the car.
After some trim restore, pretty much all plastic parts came back to life looking like new. Only the mudflaps are still a bit dead.

Haha you and I both wish my man. 01 IS300s didn't have manuals offered. 02 and up.

Nearing 240,000 miles on my 01' prius

Any additional maintenance things done since it's a hybrid?

02 to 08 matrix and yes they are

I'm on my third 7m. I'm gonna go 2j once I have money. Also, there's no more McGriddles here. Don't know why, but my friend who works at McDonald's says nobody buys them and most people I know didn't even realize they existed.

Bump

Veeky Forums i have a problem with my '95 4Runner. It has a rough idle in drive while stopped (at traffic lights and shit) but not in park and it has a loss of power; struggles uphill more than usual and can hardly get to 60mph.

I had the headgasket repair 5 months ago so I don't think it's that. I've scoured forums for an answer and it can be anything from mass airflow to a fuel injection issue

Did your car have the fogs when you bought them?
I'm buying a kit soon and I'm not sure how difficult the install is

Any thoughts?
This is the SE, so I get the juicy 2GR?
kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?requestSource=b&adId=1231432025

Replace your fuel injectors first and see what happens. I've heard this problem a couple of times and it has been fuel injectors.

Looks fine to me

Yes, but I know they're fairly easy to install. There was an instructions PDF by toyota that went through the process the techs use. I saw it on some scion forum.

Our entire car is built like legos, pieces just pop in and out for the most part.

By kit I hope you mean the OEM fogs though

i figure i should also mention that it's using more gas as a result of the power loss. i got the fuel light far below the top end of the range; came on at 199 miles instead of the usual 230-240

how'd you guess?

When are you going to get it fixed.

Stupid question, but:

I need a new driver seat for an a60 supra (1985)

The a70 (1987) LOOKS like it will fit... Anyone know?

It's only 100 bucks, I just don't want to have an extra useless seat in my garage

I'm planning to fix it after next week since it's my spring break and weather should be warmer then.

Yes, if you modify the seat rails to mount up and wire the power seats to work.

its either that or picton

>wollongong fag reporting in

oops
wrong (you)

when did the camry ever have v6 with 5MT?

None in the US market but i think it existed in other markets

Yeah I'm not tying to splice wires and shit I'm getting an OEM kit.

I'm gonna look for that forum and find that pdf tho. I can't find any tutorials on jewtube

94-96. I also believe later models had one optional but cannot confirm. But those were all VZ powered cars. FOr MZ with the stick, you have to get it from a Camry Solara, and yes they were available like that stateside. My ex's current boyfriend has one.

7mge? or the turbo one

I had a 7MGE in my cressida and it was okay. 2j swap would be dope, Probably what I would do if I had a supra but I just want to sell my cressida first.

Forget what I said, it's a bit more intensive than I thought. For some reason I thought all the wiring and electrical shit was in place already, minus the relay, but I must've been thinking of my xB.

Here's the install guide, it uses the tC2.5 as the example but its the same thing.

>trdsparks.com/install/PT413-21140inst.pdf

That's not too bad. As long as there is no splicing I should be able to get it
Thank you based tc bro

Turbo. First one was the previous owner. Second on ran 9 lbs of boost for a day but I think it was already fucked, previous owner insisted it didn't need a retorque because that wasn't a thing in Japan. third one has ARP headbolts and runs like 9 lbs just because of the aftermarket exhaust.

Bump

...I hate studying/doing hw so much...

Also doing hw here. Also drive same car, but has less nice paint. Been debating where to go, paid 2k for my car so I figure 1k for the paint?

That's getting into actual body shop territory, right? I don't want to do a maaco job that'll look good for one summer, you know? Also... Rust on one door, so, you know. Needs to be good work.

What homework btw?

If you do all of the prep work yourself, maaco jobs arent that bad.
Like literally get the car ready for everything and delivery it there on a trailer.

So the problem with maaco is just the sloppy prepwork? I'm not 100% on my ability to get the car ready either, if I was, I'd just use my compressor and do it myself.

Maybe a body shop is the answer then, hopefully I can swing a decent job for 1.5k

Browse around your local body shops. Get estimates and check for reviews. 1k should get you an okay paint job.

Here in my area $1k gets you a decent paint job. Maaco is only good for sub $1k shitboxes. The only rust on mine, besides general rust underneath, is rust on the underside of the rear wheel wells. I saw it on another mark 3 too so it might be common. I need to reprint my bumper come summer vacation.

Readings for my Physical Therapist Assistant classes.

90% of the cost of a paint job is prep. If you want them to just dirty fog your car with paint, any money could do that, and it doesn't take any time.

I'm set on buying an aw11... how fucked am i?

will be worth it when you can do hectik skids

You'll only be fucked if you don't know how to drive.

How fucked would I be if I bought this?

If you just keep buying engines why not rebuild one of them properly or just pull the head and throw in ARPs before putting it in the car.
Since it's already out it'd only take an hour, if you really want send the head out for machining and slap in a metal gasket.
I just did this with my Cressida for the fun of it, the 5M isn't known for HG issues but I needed to do valve seals so I just pulled the head and threw in ARP studs with a new gasket since I was there.

You wouldn't be

Sup Fokes!

How do I identify the rear end of my car?

It's an a60 supra, when I bought it I realized I didn't pay enough attention to the guy because he said he put a new rear - the axle I guess? The car comes with a factory lsd, right?

Any one here use aftermarket suspention? Im looking to get coil overs for corolla, due to its age.

I got the car on its second already. I bought a third engine at 60k km and it blew the hg in one day so the guy who I bought it from and had install it replaced the HG for free with ARP. If it happens again I'm going 1j/2j

On the A70 the rear end has a big ass label that says LSD on it. No such luck?

If you want to know if you have Posi, jack up the rear from the diff and spin a rear tire, the other should also spin. Or do a sick burnout.

I'm pretty sure it'll do a burnout, I may have done a few on accident. So that should be a yes to the lsd but I'll check to be sure.

Is that why the car seems to stutter a bit on takeoff? Smooth takeoff is weirdly difficult in this case.

What car is that?

I have racelands on my civic and eBay lowering springs (lotek) with KYB shocks on my supra.

Beep

Noice, i miss mine....

What happened to it?

Abducted by aliens

Do it yourself so you know it's done right, otherwise it's more of a personal problem than a 7M problem.

I would've, but it's Canada in winter, and I had recently come into money and decided to throw it at the car. The guy had a mk3 and has a mk4 and a gtr so he seemed knowledgeable. He wasn't any geek off the street. I believe that the 7m can be good, I'm just tired of stressing over cold start steam.

So I got my MR2, pretty happy with it. Taking it to Les Schwab on friday so they can align it and fix the brakes, which feel really soft. Need to install a tachometer but I don't really know how to connect the wires to a fuse, plus I'm not sure where the 5 and 10 are so I might need some type of diagram.

I pulled a turn signal from my old Cressida and they match pretty well but I need to figure out how to get the grey piece in this picture off the wires so I can connect them to the MR2. I don't want to cut them but if I can't figure it out I might just do it.

Speedometer doesn't work, I think it needs some type of sending unit? MIght not bother with that and just use a GPS on my phone for now.

After all that's done all I need to do is replace the windshield and it'll be ready to drive. Some things that I want to do after is:

install radio (and speakers if need be, not sure if they work)
attach the spoiler, currently no holes in the trunk
paint spoiler (it's navy blue)
see if I can find way to get the door locks working
paint the car dark grey or panda

I also need to get better at driving a manual car, it has been way too long I guess because I probably killed it driving in a parking lot maybe 20 times? It's my first time driving a loud/fast car, so I'm hesitant on the gas and either kill it by letting off the gas or releasing too fast.

Here's an imgur album if that's okay

imgur.com/a/saIEC

Was lurking a couple threads ago and saw a lot of WA MR2 boys, anyone out there

wtf your speedo and tacho don't work?
Speedo is probably speed sensor

>but it's canada in winter
I know your feels bro

Well yeah it has a V6 swap

I'll have to see if I can find a speed sensor, that's a little out of my league to install but I can try ir have a mechanic do it

Good night bump

hello fellow mr2 friend. look into finding the speed sensor to the v6 you've got and then mating the wires yourself to the mr2's speedo and tach if you can. I would strip the wire and not worry about the plastic connector if it doesn't match/fit

excuse messy garage

I miss my matrix now

your wheels are too big nigga

junction produce nice

Clean your garage user

It looks fine now that it's lowered

driving.ca/toyota/yaris/auto-news/news/toyota-jumps-into-hot-hatch-world-with-yaris-grmn

>Nobody at Toyota would confirm if the Yaris GRMN is going to make it across the Atlantic

Really hope they don't fuck this up

[CONCERN]

Can they put that engine in the 86 pls

I have my eyes on a toyota celica 97 with 100k mileage and 170hp, the retailer say it's in great shape but im not so sure.
They're asking for 2,500$, this is pretty good compared to other ads.
When I try it out is there anything specific to be mindful of?

oil burning/leaking

>ae92 bro
fuckin choice car lad, well done. what trim?

Bump

I actually don't mind the 1ZZ motor.

>tfw getting better at manuel

feels good, guess I'll try and practice on some hills tomorrow. I live in seattle so there are a ton in my area :/