forum.mechlivinglegends.net/index.php?topic=19022.0
forum.mechlivinglegends.net/index.php/topic,20422.0.html

Living Legends Server Stats (Use this to check if anyone is playing):
stats.spikx.net/mwll.html

The HAWKEN zombie marches on:
playhawken.com/

Heavy Gear Assault:
heavygear.com/

M.A.V. (Now with more Chromehound legal rights!)
bombdogstudios.com/index.php/blog/

MechWarrior Online:
mwomercs.com/

How to start MWO:
youtube.com/watch?v=imffSrJ4O7s

New Player's Guide to MWO (aka the Manual):
docs.google.com/presentation/d/1bmIEjECA6IbWRm92vmylZNv2QYVc5gXO7CT9jMITOrM/edit

Be a spear chucker:
mwomercs.com/javelin

Kong PodKast #25: Heavy Gear Stuff
kongkast.libsyn.com/kong-kast-25-gear-bays-black-market-and-pets-oh-my

MWO Mechlab:
mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab

MWO Heat Simulator:
keikun17.github.io/mwo_heat_simulator/

Kanajashi's Video Tutorials:
youtube.com/watch?v=RGPYOrhEFtg

Group Mumble Info:
kong.stepoff.com
port:7777

Other urls found in this thread:

mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=408&l=9cbc2ae3284c99637a9737caceffff529d572f29
mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=408&l=f52ae5ff13267216803a8ed39a774b26f4226bee
reddit.com/r/OutreachHPG/comments/5skbhb/year_of_the_fire_rooster_challenge_not_updating/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Group mumble? Man, we're so 2013.

what skin and decal for Atlas?

This is the type of pilot the current new player experience is producing.

Should we feel bad for these people? Should we try to help them? Can they be helped?

>LRM 30 Kodiak with AMS

>bear with 4 shotguns and flame claws

Well I know what I'm doing with the rest of my day now.

>literally walking up to people and hitting them

only thing that suckss is distances of +300 meters

ded

Put an Atlas decal on your Atlas so you can Atlas while you Atlas.

How to fix LRMs:

Designate any mech carrying more than LRM30 as "Artillery", a new class distinct from weight classes.

Artillery gets 1 slot on a 12 man team in solo-queue quick play.

Artillery-designated mechs must wait in queue for an artillery slot.

Any pugshit that wants to get fast queues will have to use LRM30 or below, meaning that they will be forced to fill up their other slots with real weapons.

Any pugshit that really wants to be a lurmtard shitter, will be able to, but will not be able to completely tank their teams chances of winning anymore by multi-stacking lurmboats vs. real mechs.

newb here...and I like this at first glance.

I hate lurm boats telling me to spot for them. If they need a spotter, they should have brought a friend with them. That's why they have no friends.

why is it always the assaults who are disconnected when the game fucking starts

potatoes gonna potato

how much damage do UAC shots do? the listed? even though they fire twice and can double tap?

does that mean if a UAC doesn't jam they do x4 their listed damage?

The listed damage is for one shot regardless of the number of shells fired between Clan and IS versions.

How to fix LRMs they work like Airstrike/Artillery Strike

You point at the ground and it lobs lurms into the area.

>this time LRM shitter is on the enemy team

get fukd

>247/250 done with the challenge
>play one more game
>get 12 lance in formation actions
>log out
>wake up
>log in to redeem my 300 welfare MC
>nope, still 247/250
thank u pgi

heresy

Hey, all. I just joined up so I could pose a question to people "in the know"...

First of all, I'm in my early 40s (maybe that's old? young? who knows?) and used to play Battletech all the time with my friends in high school and college. Mainly, we just stuck with 3025 and 3050 ... although we customized nearly every 'mech from those books. Ha.

In fact, the only books I owned back then were the Battletech Compendium, the 3025 Technical Readout, the 3026 Technical Readout, and the 3050 Technical Readout. And of course, like any true player, I had a pretty nice collection of maps and miniatures.

I also played through Mechwarriors 2 and 3.

So flash forward to early last year. The Battletech bug bites me again. Hard. Only this time, I find myself really interested in getting into the fiction. So after doing a ton of research online, I come to find out that basically anything by Stackpole is solid gold (and tells the primary tales), that Thurston wrote some great Clan stuff (focusing on the Jade Falcons), and Charrette had a few really amazing novels. Thus, over the course of last year, I end up picking up used copies of every book by these three authors ... up to "Malicious Intent."

Then I learn that Mechwarrior 3 happens right at the tail end of the "Twilight of the Clans" saga.

So... I just located the four books by Stackpole and Thurston in that eight-part (!) saga on eBay and pulled the trigger.

Now, my question:

As I'm probably going to finally start binging on these books very soon, I wanted to know if I'm going to be OK with skipping out on the other four books in that "Twilight of the Clans" saga. Will I be lost? Or will just following the Stackpole and Thurston books turn out all right?

(BTW, I do happen to know that Thurston's books are really just follow-ups to his Jade Falcons storyline and have nothing really to do with the overarching concept of "Twilight of the Clans." I've also heard they're not that great, but hey...)

I just really don't want to have to read an entire eight-part saga with various writers and their various writing styles.

is this pasta

Excellent copypasta.

On the off chance that you're serious.

This is probably better asked in /btg, however, you've already read most of the decent books.

There are several long series like the Gray Death one that are only really worth reading up to the first three. The same applies to Twilight of the Clans.

I've read a few of the battle tech books, they are usually fine to read separately. If you've read TROs and played the games you would pick up on reference here and there and miss others but it could be good.

Btw I haven't read that many books about the clans or the time after so I might not be the best judge.

Later today I WILL HUNT WITH A HUNTSMAN

Dear /gerg/ - since when flamers sack together?

where do we purchase the Hunt/Line with the c-bills or MC? I haven't found where.

you stupid man

whats wrong with AMS?

You have to use it in a group. By itself its not that good. If you have 2 or 3 other mechs nearby that have it you are all but immune to missiles. It works really well for murderballing, much like ECM.

Waaaaaaait a second, how do you get over 100 LBX ammo while having cXL400?

I tried but
mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=408&l=9cbc2ae3284c99637a9737caceffff529d572f29

he's using 385 tweaked to 67kph

10 goto mwomercs.com
20 wait 6 hours
30 spend c-bills

Thats just theory. In fact - noone takes ams and it ends as a wasted tonnage. Just like LRMs are in fact garbage weapon, but dealing solid damage on paper.

>6 hours
9 hours

Literally just go fight someone. All they need is for someone on the team to see an enemy, and they can fight through your eyes.

Think of it as a force multiplier; you now have their destructive power added to your own.

The trick is to maintain constant vision though. Any break and the missiles will miss a moving target.

Now THIS is heresy.

Sorry, it turned itself upside down.
(no, my calculations are real, 7am they said)

mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=408&l=f52ae5ff13267216803a8ed39a774b26f4226bee

seems pretty easy to me

Rechecked, yes its 10AM, i sould just go to sleep.

It says 10 AM PST though, which is the normal patch time anyway? Did their position change?

When does the new skill tree hit? Is the piggy going to fuck us hard on already purchased modules, mech exp and so fourth?

Is it really that much effort to read about it yourself?

There is the occasional catapult with 6 lrm5s that gets his day completely wrecked. Only 2 of those are going to make it through, which is just enough for his cursor to turn red so he doesnt realize he is wasting his ammo.

Atlas is easypz

>go push the small distance tunnel/alley/dune
>tank a ton of damage and shit as much damage as I can while dragging the enemy firing line to the side
>allies just push after I fall down and the enemy is blitzkrieg'd

doesn't matter if I die or if I do sub-500 damage I'm the best fucking cannon fodder and people can't ignore me because of how much GUN I got. Fuck potato assaults who refuse to push into LRMs.

>tfw the game's so fucking old, and the atlas is such an old shitmech, people don't remember how to build them properly.

The 21st. Likely PTS session. Likely position changes out the ass.

According to the pig, we're getting all our earned experience and GXP converted to the new currency.

You mean gauss 4smalls with a 360?

Who needs weapons when the Rockbiter has good strong hands.

Also 2 SRM4s with 2 tons of ammo total.

If things go as planned™ it'll probably release on the test server this week, then they will ignore all feedback given and just launch with it on the 21st since they are tired of creating bad ideas that get shot down before the players can suffer from their implementation.

>River City
>night time
haha time to turn up brightness and gamma to 100 otherwise good like being blind

fucking pgi

Jenner D, commando 3A or Locust 3S for light & speedy missile spam

jenner iic

Buy a Javelin :^)

>Sarcastically joking about feeding the pig
You should be spanked and beheaded for this

Lrm cats fire them in 2 groups of 15 to avoid spooky heats. A single ams won't even eat 5 missiles.

You obviously want the tip of the spear. That'll be fifty spacebucks.

>posting a gif that isn't animated
You're next on chopping block.

15 bucks for some mechs, some colors, some prem time, and some cbills is actually ok :^)

15 bucks for the standard packs is actually a really good deal

"Just the tip"

Kintaro 19 it is family!!
Thank you for the wonderful contributions

>"per day" lance formation actions update properly
>total is stuck at 247/250
thank you so much pgi

I think they just want you to drop as many days as it takes.
>9 of 10 daily peasant reporting, all hope for today

how do i check my progress on this

So, anyone actually planning to get The Great Adder in a month?
I just feel like besides armor and a bit of speed it wont bring any new feels for me in MWO.

mwomercs.com/tournaments
you personal progress updates at the beginning of every hour

It's called Supernova for a reason you know.

thank you

No, i meant getting Linebacker for c-bills.

Linebackers only current schtick is that it can run 2x ERLL 4x ERML with 18 total DHS and a mk1 TC at 100kph.

Once the summoner loyalty omnipods become available, however, the summoner will do everything the linebacker does but better.

Damn, never thought I'd say that the summoner is better than another clan heavy.

i am because i really like the way it looks and that it goes fast with big armor

What do you plan to do with it?

a knock-off redline, a spl+srm4 build like someone posted last thread, the stock B with 5erml+gauss might be neat, a great adder build with the prime omnipod set

i wanted to try those out

>over twelve hours later, event progress still hasn't updated
pgi pls

That's a reasonable system but a few mechs could break it really easily.

I like two things:
SRMs
Going fast
What mech should I get?

This is some serious shit. I'm starting to worry about MY progress today. Don't you scare me, user, i need those MoneyCoins.

You thought you were getting free MC?

HI THERE!

Is going fast relative?

Strongcrow with srms
Griffin with srms

I should after i log in today and have my daily 10 lance formations. But if pig broke the progress - i can be spacepoor. DO NOT WANT.

>yfw i realised just yesterday that rewards only are given when your lance in a battle, and just cruising somewhere gives you nothing

DO NOT WORRY GUYS I GOT IT COVERED IN OUTREACHHPG SO WE ARE NOT ALONE.

>not grinding the event in the first few days so you don't have to worry about it later

wtf is the point of armor in this stupid fucking game
I'm seriously upset about this shit I poke my nose out for a fraction of a second and blow up
it was the beginning of the match i was full everything

>being slave to the bytes
Thx, but i rather have a life.

>hack acusations time

Learn the games fundamentals

git gud

Post your build

>over 16 hours later, event progress STILL hasn't updated

THANK
YOU
PGI

reddit.com/r/OutreachHPG/comments/5skbhb/year_of_the_fire_rooster_challenge_not_updating/

I WANT MY MONEY PGI
GIVE ME MY FUCKING MONEY

>when you try silly stock builds and they just work

Going to second , choose Griffin if you like kwerks and a little extra damage, or Crow if you like Clam XLs and extra lasers to support your flamers.

Crow is fast as fuck.

If you poke your nose out in front of everyone you should expect everybody to slap it. Try poking noses not in front of the enemy blob.

Guys is MWO p2w?

>when you grind 250 lance in formation actions but PGI doesn't give you the reward

KMP