Why are the jews allowed to do this? If the car was registered when bought new and it hasn't been written off...

Why are the jews allowed to do this? If the car was registered when bought new and it hasn't been written off, why does it ever have to be registered again in the same state? The $80 it costs to reregister it needlessly could go to something actually important like new tires or a brake job.

You're confusing registration fees with titling fees. But yeah, it's a shitty system that needs to go away. All vehicle licensing and registration should go, as well as liability insurance. Comprehensive insurance is fine as long as it's voluntary.

t. "taxes are theft"

Sort of. Taxes that go towards the common good (infrastructure, defense [but not illegal invasions], education, etc) are acceptable, but taxes that only exist to pay the tax collectors amount to nothing more than theft. California is one of the most obvious examples of this, which some of the highest road taxes and some of the worst roads in the nation.

>taxes don't go where I want, theft.

please don't blame us for everything
t.jew

Taxes that exist to pay tax collectors. Wouldn't that mean that they're paid collect the taxes, thus there needs to be a budget in place for those employees are they supposed to work for free?

well then stop being behind everything

Taxes should exist to accomplish common goals, not for the purpose of paying the people that administer those taxes. The problem isn't that people are paid to collect taxes, it's that we've lost sight of the original goal. California collects DMV fees for the intent of paying the DMV's overhead with no actual benefit to the individual. If a meaningful portion of that money went towards maintaining infrastructure, then things would be different.

>Theft is the taking of another person's property or services without that person's permission or consent with the intent to deprive the rightful owner of it.
Sounds about right.

Just remove your plate and, if a policy enforcer tries to swindle you, remind them that you are not the driver of a vehicle but an occupant of a vessel.

AM I BEING DETAINED?

>Why are the jews allowed to do this?
Your attitude of "taxes are theft" is causing you to reject the car license registration process. People quit using their cars, so registrations should also be allowed to expire. But people may then start to use their car again, so registration is allowed to be renewed again. You object to this and that is wrong.

If things were done your way with a car having a one time registration, then the license/tab/registration fee for a new car should be $25,000 for a $30,000 car assuming the car has a max lifespan of 100 years if taken care of and it finally becomes an antique for the future generation. That's what happens if you have an upfront fee that is mandatorily paid once in the life of a car The current system is far more flexible and allows for cars to have less taxes paid if that car has a short lifespan.

>insurance is fine as long as it's voluntary.
That system is proven failed. And making it voluntary will basically force every accident (unless the person has the ethics of captain america) into hit and run. Even people with insurance will hit and run because the larger number of uninsured has caused an indirect loading effect upon those who have insurance. That means rate increase penalties will be much higher than they are now. That creates incentive for those who do have insurance to also hit and run to avoid the chance their insurance goes up when it pays out for the accident they caused to someone else.

I never stopped using my car though, why does it still expire in that case? Why do we have to pay to register it at all? Why do I have to pay the state to drive a car I paid for without seeing a return on that money?

If they registration fees supposedly go to roadwork then why are the roads still shit with almost a million people in my city?

I'm just tired of getting jewed out of all my hard earned shekels at every turn by everyone else who doesn't do shit and isn't busting their ass for around $70 a day after taxes, which by the way the IRS takes too much so you have to be poor until you get your tax refund each year when they could just take the right lesser amount out in the first place.

Not the guy you're arguing with, but
>People quit using their cars, so registrations should also be allowed to expire. But people may then start to use their car again, so registration is allowed to be renewed again.
Why do they need to be registered after the car is purchased and the title is transferred to a new owner? Why is registration arbitrarily an annual occurrence? Why not every month or every 5 years? Why does it matter if the car is used for 12 hours a day, every day, for 10 years, or if the owner lets it sit in a driveway for 5 years?
>You object to this and that is wrong.
Ok Your Honor
>then the license/tab/registration fee for a new car should be $25,000 for a $30,000 car
So the owner essentially pays a purchase tax of 83% of the car's value?
>assuming the car has a max lifespan of 100 years if taken care
In 2117, there might be a couple thousand working vehicles made in 2017. How did you even come up with a century long lifecycle if cars are "taken care of"? How about a more reasonable 20 years for a lifespan. If you have a standard passenger car, that's about $1600 in fees over the car's lifespan. Where the hell did you get this $25,000 number?

Why the fuck is registration even necessary? Even if you could come up with a reason for vehicle registration to exists, why are there fees that far exceed the operating costs of the DMV? Is there a cost difference for the DMV between registering a truck and a motorcycle? If a trailer up to 4,500 pounds costs $61.25 to register, but a trailer over 4,500 pounds costs $69.75 to register, where does the extra $8.50 come from? Is that the cost of moving 1,500 pounds of paperwork into storage at the DMV? The cost of sending a digital 1,500 pounds across the DMV's network?

Taxes and registration and fees are a thing because without them, infrastructure would not exist. Don't give me Ayn Rand bullshit about people only paying for what they personally use. That shit doesn't work. The real world has proved it repeatedly.

Yes, our systems of government don't function very well and can sometimes be unfair. That's the way the world works.

You want to test your libertarian nonsense out? Fine. Go colonize the moon and let the rest of us use the public roads here without having to listen to your whining.

>And making it voluntary will basically force every accident (unless the person has the ethics of captain america) into hit and run
If you'd read the entire sentence, it would make sense. The whole point of comprehensive insurance is that it doesn't matter what happened to your car, it gets fixed all the same. So if I drive into your BMW, your insurance covers it and I'm not liable. Unless, of course, I drove into you intentionally, in which case I'd be charged with assault with a deadly weapon or attempted murder in criminal court. This eliminates the social impact of hit-and-runs entirely, because you're not stuck in a position where it's impossible to determine who's liable. You're liable for your shit, end of story.

Additionally, the reason your rates go up after you're involved in an at-fault accident is because according to the insurance company's metrics, you're more like to be involved in one again. I doubt there's any meaningful correlation between number of times someone's been accidents in which they were not at fault, so it's unlikely that a single claim would move you into a higher-risk demographic. If you get your car stolen every week, that would do it, but if someone drives into you, that doesn't say much about you.

>the license/tab/registration fee for a new car should be $25,000 for a $30,000 car assuming the car has a max lifespan of 100 years
Do you have any idea how few 25 year old cars are on the streets in the US? It's incredibly low.

>Taxes and registration and fees are a thing because without them, infrastructure would not exist
California's DMV proudly announces that 52% of the fees it collects go to other agencies (with their own overhead) that actually handle maintaining and building out infrastructure. The other half disappears into the ether.

If the car isn't registered or not registered as it is used, then it should be registered one time to the full max potential value as an offset to the other method demanded by OP of "taxes are theft" thus no registration or insurance should be required. To him, taxes should be and thus must be voluntary. When he offers that as the proposal, then the other side's proposal must be something based upon the full potential value as if it had become an antique collectible.

>method demanded by OP of "taxes are theft" thus no registration or insurance should be required
The word "insurance" is never mentioned in the OP.
>To him, taxes should be and thus must be voluntary
The poster below OP only said registration fees and liability insurance should be done away with but some insurance (comprehensive) is fine. No mention of taxes.
>then the other side's proposal must be something based upon the full potential value as if it had become an antique collectible
If a vehicle had already become an antique collectible, then it should already be worth the (future) antique's price in the present. The percentage of vehicles that make it to antique status is so small that it's negligible. 99.999% of cars depreciate rapidly after purchase.

What if you had to register household appliances like refrigerators?
>Well this fridge is $1000, but in a few decades, assuming it's still working, it will be worth more as an antique. So your new total is $1800 with the $800 refrigerator registration fee.

I hope you're just pretending to be retarded and getting a laugh out of me actually responding.

What the fuck kind of logic is that? You don't charge the maximum potential value, you would charge the average anticipated value. The average car is 11.5 years old, so to keep state income from registration fees the same, you'd charge 11.5 times the yearly fee, but just once when the car is sold. I hope this spent catch on though. Knowing the DMV, if we start doing it this way they'll add back a yearly fee anyway, in addition to the one-time fee.

Yes because I want some broke drunk guy to hit and cripple me and I have 0 recourse.

>>Theft is the taking of another person's property or services without that person's permission or consent
you can work without paying taxes, retard
you choose to pay tax
its not theft

>If a trailer up to 4,500 pounds costs $61.25 to register, but a trailer over 4,500 pounds costs $69.75 to register, where does the extra $8.50 come from?
This may be hard for you to understand because you seem so thick headed and undeniably correct... A trailer over 4,500lb causes more wear on the road infrastructure compared to a trailer under 4,500lb.
Same reason commercial trucks need to pay more to use the roads than a motorcycle.

I understand road wear due to weight, but you obviously missed my sarcasm.

What if I have a 3,000 pound car ($78.25) and I'm towing a trailer that's fully loaded at 4,500 pounds ($61.25)? In total that's 7,500 pounds at $139.50. I could have a 10,000 pound truck (plus extra cargo weight) registered for $81.50. Where is the sense in that? 70% more cost for a car and trailer that distributes weight more evenly versus a loaded truck that will cause more road wear.

There's also no sliding scale - the registration costs are discrete. If my trailer weighs 6,000 pounds, it only costs me $8.50 more than say, a trailer that weighs 500 pounds. Which one causes more wear? Does $8.50 cover the cost of the wear from a heavy trailer compared to a light one?

Furthermore, motorcycles only weigh a few hundred pounds versus an average passenger car which weighs in the thousands. Why don't motorcycles cost 20% of a car's cost to register? Even if you take fuel economy into account, motorcycles average 43.5mpg versus a passenger car's 23.4. That means motorcycles on average get 86% better fuel economy versus cars. Why don't people pay 53% less to register a motorcycle in that case?

This is all ignoring the fact that you assume 100% of the registration fees go directly towards maintaining infrastructure, which is obviously not true. I have no problem with paying my fair share to keep public roads in good condition since I use the roads like everyone else, but these annual registration fees are just another revenue generator that we really don't see any benefit from. Where does all the money go? Can you account for every bit of the registration fees going towards infrastructure?

>you choose to pay tax
Yeah, no. That's not how it works.

>Claim 47 dependents for withholding
>Don't file taxes
>Get audited
>Get told that you owe a shitload of money
>go to court or don't, doesn't matter
>if you haven't paid up, cops come to take you to jail
>if you resist arrest, they will incapacitate or kill you
There's not really a valid alternative to paying taxes. The same way there's no valid alternative to giving up your wallet to five big guys (for you!) brandishing guns and knives at you in a back alley.

If you have insurance, your insurance will cover the costs. If you don't, that's a choice you made. Either way, "teaching him a lesson" isn't something that works, especially if your lesson is just another $20 added to his monthly insurance premium.